PDA

View Full Version : NHC QPR suspend Jim Magilton

IanM
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
any idea what happened?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/8403668.stm

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes, he got suspended after an incident after the Watford 3-1 defeat.:confused: :wink:

Hibs90
09-12-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234340/Under-QPR-manager-Jim-Magilton-faces-axe-headbutt-Akos-Buzsaky-threatens-press-charges.html

Apparently a headbutt.

--------
09-12-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234340/Under-QPR-manager-Jim-Magilton-faces-axe-headbutt-Akos-Buzsaky-threatens-press-charges.html

Apparently a headbutt.

When we were looking to replace either Mowbray or Collins (we've had so many managers recently they're beginning to merge into one another in my failing memory) Magilton was mentioned as a possibility. IIRC someone who knew the situation at Ipswich where he was working at the time suggested that we really didn't want to appoint a guy who had the reputation of tearing into his players in an excessive and unseemly manner.

The guy has previous, IMO. Two bad results in a row and he loses it totally. Numpty. :rolleyes:

Actually, they've won only one in the last seven, and Magilton's had a lot of money to put into the team, and he went there with a reputation to live up to.

It would appear that when things start to go pear-shaped, Magilton goes ape....

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 01:59 PM
When we were looking to replace either Mowbray or Collins (we've had so many managers recently they're beginning to merge into one another in my failing memory) Magilton was mentioned as a possibility. IIRC someone who knew the situation at Ipswich where he was working at the time suggested that we really didn't want to appoint a guy who had the reputation of tearing into his players in an excessive and unseemly manner.

The guy has previous, IMO. Two bad results in a row and he loses it totally. Numpty. :rolleyes:

Actually, they've won only one in the last seven, and Magilton's had a lot of money to put into the team, and he went there with a reputation to live up to.

Plus i'm sure he had the chance to sign Liam Miller, and declined. What a numpty.:agree:

hibsbollah
09-12-2009, 02:04 PM
:confused:very strange

After the defeat at Watford, Buzsaky was seen wandering along the asphalt in front of the main stand long after the final whistle, still wearing his kit.

The Hungarian, a 76th-minute substitute, was also spotted in a public toilet close to the press room full of journalists - again in his full strip.

QPR assistant boss John Gorman eventually emerged to console Buzsaky but the player still appeared to be distressed.

--------
09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Plus i'm sure he had the chance to sign Liam Miller, and declined. What a numpty.:agree:

Narrow escape for Liam, then, IMO - that would have been out of the Keane frying-pan into the Magilton fire.

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 02:43 PM
:confused:very strange

After the defeat at Watford, Buzsaky was seen wandering along the asphalt in front of the main stand long after the final whistle, still wearing his kit.

The Hungarian, a 76th-minute substitute, was also spotted in a public toilet close to the press room full of journalists - again in his full strip.

QPR assistant boss John Gorman eventually emerged to console Buzsaky but the player still appeared to be distressed.

Sounds like he was running away and hiding from him. He must've been going nuts!

Tompo
09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Sad days when managers can't knock their players about a bit.

Foreign lad this Buzsaky too, probably dived.

MWHIBBIES
09-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I would have loved to have seen this sounds hilarious.

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 08:55 PM

It was me who posted it Doddie.

He nutted an Ipswich player in his office. Can't remember the name of the player but I may have posted his name at the time.

Also done a good young Scottish laddie out of a new contract.

The man is a bad egg.

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
It was me who posted it Doddie.

He nutted an Ipswich player in his office. Can't remember the name of the player but I may have posted his name at the time.

Also done a good young Scottish laddie out of a new contract.

The man is a bad egg.

Found one of my posts on the bam, posted when speculating on who could replace Mixu last April just after Magilton was sacked by Ipswich.

Magilton is an absolute nutter.

There is a couple of young Scottish laddies down there who are about to be released who will testify to this.

They have what they call trial games down there where guys that are being released play a full scale game in front of potential takers.

The laddies in question were told the day after the trial they were to be released. That is the only story I'm prepared to divulge here but I know stories that are a lot worse regarding Magilton.

I would hate it if Hibs were to employ him.

Killiehibbie
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
He's a shi tebag bully. I heard Agyaman told him to come ahead if he fancied it and his bottle crashed.

Toaods
09-12-2009, 09:32 PM
sounds like he's stuck the heid on this Hungarian guy who has had concussion and wandered away outside the stadium in daze.

Criminal charges likely to follow if that is the case so not surprised QPR have canned him.

Perhaps been a bit economical with the truth to the managers union too.

I Love Lamp
09-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Supposedly the guy shrugging sent him insane and after he butted the player, the latter left the dressing room probably partially dazed and partially ****ed off.

Nobody likes to lose but jeezo.

(((Fergus)))
09-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Telling moment here around the 3:50 mark:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8401598.stm

Good to see Don Cowie playing well

--------
09-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Found one of my posts on the bam, posted when speculating on who could replace Mixu last April just after Magilton was sacked by Ipswich.

Magilton is an absolute nutter.

There is a couple of young Scottish laddies down there who are about to be released who will testify to this.

They have what they call trial games down there where guys that are being released play a full scale game in front of potential takers.

The laddies in question were told the day after the trial they were to be released. That is the only story I'm prepared to divulge here but I know stories that are a lot worse regarding Magilton.

I would hate it if Hibs were to employ him.

Thanks - I couldn't remember the details.

I think we did well to get the guy we DID get, and not this creep.

Cracking goal from Doyley - his first in over 250 games! But a real beauty. :thumbsup: