PDA

View Full Version : Yams Vlad opens his gob again / Yams moaning about refs (merged)

Peevemor
09-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Following Sunday's meltdown at Hamilton, Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has declared once again that there is no proper football in Scotland and that fans are being deceived over "unfair" titles going to the Old Firm.

The Lithuanian millionaire's stewardship of Hearts has been questioned by critics of the club and by supporters, who claim that there is deep unhappiness at Hearts over the way Romanov runs the club. He has visited the club only once this season, and on Sunday when the roof was coming in on Hearts at Hamilton, the club's owner was at a basketball match in Lithuania.

"In the last six months I only visited the club once," he said. "A couple of seasons ago in a game against Dundee United, Hearts were given three red cards, had two penalties awarded against us and a free-kick placed inside our box. At this point, I stopped even talking about football and the mafia.

"It was then I realised that there is no football in Scotland – and there cannot be any. Only degraded people could humiliate their country like this and deceive the fans just for the sake of unfair titles for the Old Firm.

"Under such circumstances the main task for Hearts now is to help our young players grow up, and not pay any attention to the surrounding showbusiness."

:faf::faf::faf:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Referee-admits-error-over-Hearts.5894668.jp

Hibs90
09-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Vlad, I love you.

CorrieHibs
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
:blah::blah::blah::blah:That guy really is a clown. What about the cheating his players do and get away with i.e Miko against Scotland. Why would refs bother trying to screw Hearts its not like their challenging the old firm.

Bad Martini
09-12-2009, 11:41 AM
"Under such circumstances the main task for Hearts now is to help our young players grow up, and not pay any attention to the surrounding showbusiness."

Quality. Young players as opposed to the seasoned world cup stars that got lost flying somewhere above Turnhouse three years ago or so, as promised by the man himself?

"surroudning showbusiness" :greengrin ... participates in come dancing? smacks his ain players in the boat? talks aboot monkeys and such like? Russian Sailors? .... ye ken the rest.

Priceless. The maddest radgest bampot looney couldnae make it up :devil:

O'Rourke3
09-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Simple misdirection. Point the blame at someone else, fans stop kicking hats and start to beleive again. They'll be knocked over in the crush for next year's smart price season ticket.

Mary Hinge
09-12-2009, 11:58 AM
:faf::faf::faf:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Referee-admits-error-over-Hearts.5894668.jp

There speaks the man who controls the biggest pantomime outfit this side of the mississippi :agree:

Not to mention the fact that he, single handedly, controls the Lithuanian league :greengrin

He's a pure *****tain :jamboak:

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Following Sunday's meltdown at Hamilton, Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has declared once again that there is no proper football in Scotland and that fans are being deceived over "unfair" titles going to the Old Firm.

What has his club got to do with titles, other than "The Foxy Loxy Fan Club"?

The Lithuanian millionaire's stewardship of Hearts has been questioned by critics of the club and by supporters, who claim that there is deep unhappiness at Hearts over the way Romanov runs the club. He has visited the club only once this season, and on Sunday when the roof was coming in on Hearts at Hamilton, the club's owner was at a basketball match in Lithuania.

:confused:

"In the last six months I only visited the club once," he said. "A couple of seasons ago in a game against Dundee United, Hearts were given three red cards, had two penalties awarded against us and a free-kick placed inside our box. At this point, I stopped even talking about football and the mafia.

If only you would, I could save a fortune on Tena pads!

"It was then I realised that there is no football in Scotland – and there cannot be any. Only degraded people could humiliate their country like this and deceive the fans just for the sake of unfair titles for the Old Firm.

What an absolute charmer, him and the Yams belong together.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

hibbie02
09-12-2009, 12:24 PM

What an absolute charmer, him and the Yams belong together.

Is it just me or is this Choooooob having a go at Scotland in general here? :confused:

Hank Schrader
09-12-2009, 12:28 PM
It was then I realised that there is no football in Scotland – and there cannot be any. Only degraded people could humiliate their country like this and deceive the fans just for the sake of unfair titles for the Old Firm.

Those sound like the words of someone who just ain't interested any more.

:cool2:

sixtwo
09-12-2009, 12:28 PM
This is class. He is clearly stating he has no interest in hearts anymore, other than developing some players to sell on, By doing this and fleecing fans at every oportunity, he can service the massive debt he has allowed the club to rack up. He has them by the balls. All income generated by the club will go to servicing a debt to his bank.

This rant is similar to the way he acted before he withdrew kaunas from the lithuanian league. He stated the league was unfair and corrupt and moved his team to an amateaur league!

Hearts v spartans next year methinks!

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Is it just me or is this Choooooob having a go at Scotland in general here? :confused:

I think so. It's funny, because a lot of the time on here we do Scotland down for allowing the OF to get away with so much. Yet the minute an outsider suggests it, it makes me angry. That can't be logical.

There is a kernel of truth in what Vlad says, only a people with no pride would allow the bias and injustice of what comes out of the football authorities in this country.

That said, Vlad is blaming Scotland for his failure to run a club properly. I would say it's been his inability to leave managers to get on with their job rather than the GFA that's put Hearts where they are.

Well, strictly speaking, it was the Hearts supporters who put Vlad where he is, so it's them to blame for where they are today.

Woody1985
09-12-2009, 12:44 PM
This is class. He is clearly stating he has no interest in hearts anymore, other than developing some players to sell on, By doing this and fleecing fans at every oportunity, he can service the massive debt he has allowed the club to rack up. He has them by the balls. All income generated by the club will go to servicing a debt to his bank.

This rant is similar to the way he acted before he withdrew kaunas from the lithuanian league. He stated the league was unfair and corrupt and moved his team to an amateaur league!

Hearts v spartans next year methinks!

:agree:

He's said that there is no chance of winning the league because it is basically corrupt and will therefore focus on the young players. Have we not had it tight for years for showing a lack of ambition? How does that compare with NO ambition.

Guess that means the CL plans have been cancelled then. Oh, and they won't need that new stadium to watch a brilliant Hearts team packed with world cup stars. Oh well. :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 12:47 PM
:agree:

He's said that there is no chance of winning the league because it is basically corrupt and will therefore focus on the young players. Have we not had it tight for years for showing a lack of ambition? How does that compare with NO ambition.

Guess that means the CL plans have been cancelled then. Oh, and they won't need that new stadium to watch a brilliant Hearts team packed with world cup stars. Oh well. :faf:

Aw but that's just not fair! He promised!! Maybe Gary MacKay could have a word with these people in business circles he knows and see if any of them might want to buy that shambles of a club.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-12-2009, 01:32 PM
"when the roof was coming in"

First the Floodlights now the roof - when is the safety certificate up for renewal again....?

Baw187
09-12-2009, 01:43 PM
This is brilliant and the first time I'm aware of that he's openly admitted he's not interested in Hearts. He's been fairly demonstrative that he's not interested but he's actually now confirmed that here !

That's a bitter reality pill to swallow for the Yams, although some of them are still playing this down as a 'non story' !!

Leithenhibby
09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Just home from work and what a welcome :faf::faf:

I hope this man sticks around for years to come, why, because somethings in life just can't be replaced.

MAGIC....:top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
09-12-2009, 02:04 PM

No Strictly Jesus Christ superstar dancing with the stars on ice then?

Leithenhibby
09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Looks like the mad boy is coming to town...:greengrin

HEARTS boss Csaba Laszlo is set to get the meeting he's been seeking with Vladimir Romanov when the club's owner jets into the Capital for Saturday's clash with Dundee United at Tynecastle.

To give him the boot, perhaps..

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Hearts-chief-Vlad-to.5895497.jp

Hank Schrader
09-12-2009, 02:45 PM

HEARTS boss Csaba Laszlo is set to get the meeting he's been seeking with Vladimir Romanov when the club's owner jets into the Capital for Saturday's clash with Dundee United at Tynecastle.

:greengrin

Can you imagine if they play really gash (again) and get a gubbing at the hands of United?

HUGE PROTESTS IN FRONT OF MR SIR HIS GRACE ROMANOV!! :protest::protest::protest:

Leithenhibby
09-12-2009, 02:56 PM
:greengrin

Can you imagine if they play really gash (again) and get a gubbing at the hands of United?
HUGE PROTESTS IN FRONT OF MR SIR HIS GRACE ROMANOV!! :protest::protest::protest:

Priceless, mon United :thumbsup:

It's too early in the week to be getting all excited..:cool2:

bighairyfaeleith
09-12-2009, 04:14 PM
having read the comments from the deluded ones at the bottom of that story I really hope this lot go bust. Honestly they live the word BIG, my how they are hurting!!!:thumbsup:

CyberSauzee
09-12-2009, 04:16 PM
It's worthwhile resurrecting this fine article from earlier this year:

http://soccerlens.com/chaos-in-kaunas-the-decline-and-fall-of-the-romanov-empire/27087/

Who'll be the first to call him a hypocrite?

The Romanov Triangle

Romanov’s ownership of FBK Kaunas formed the initial point of the so-called Romanov Triangle, which subsequently stretched to include FC MTZ-Ripo in Minsk and, perhaps most infamously, Heart of Midlothian FC in the Scottish Premier League. However, his influence within the Lithuanian game soon began to extend well beyond its most successful club.

With Kaunas quickly established as serial A Lyga champions — 2005 was the only year between 1999 and 2007 in which they failed to take the title — Romanov, usually via the considerable clout of Ūkio, concentrated on cementing his grip on their competitors. A sponsorship deal with the bank resulted in FK Atlantas falling under Romanov’s sway, and his disproportionate buying power enabled Kaunas to immediately accumulate any remotely promising local players into an enormous squad — most of whom were then loaned back out to compliant clubs in the division. In fact, FK Šilutė began the 2008 season with an entire team on loan from Kaunas.

Naturally, the co-operation of the Lithuanian football authorities was essential to this rapidly-created hegemony. Whether rightly or wrongly, a popular consensus formed to the effect that the Lithuanian Football Federation (LFF), wholly unequipped to withstand Romanov’s money and connections, were completely in his pocket — and that an agreement was in place to guarantee the domestic dominance of Kaunas in exchange for a share in the windfall from a successful Champions League group stage qualification.

But the LFF was not enough for Romanov. He also lurked behind the scenes of the National Football Club Association (NFCA) from its foundation in mid-2004 — an involvement which almost immediately ran into bitter controversy.

Title Fiasco

In November of that year, Kaunas went into the final match of the season with FK Ekranas tied for points with their opponents. On the eve of the game, the NFCA announced that due to allegations of corruption against a number of Ekranas officials, who were claimed to have attempted to bribe Kaunas players, a 3-0 victory — and the league title — would be awarded to Kaunas by default.

Amid probably the sole media and public outcry in the history of Lithuanian football, along with heated denials of any wrong-doing by Ekranas, the LFF finally intervened to demand that the match went ahead as scheduled, with Kaunas going on to record a 2-0 win. The president of the body which had attempted to hand the title over to Kaunas? None other than deputy Ūkio CEO Gintaras Ugianskis. And the LFF president who successfully overruled him? His boss at Ūkio, the bank’s CEO Liutauras Varanavičius.

The precise role of Varanavičius in the 2004 title fiasco remains a matter of conjecture — was his move to overrule Ugianskis a genuine disagreement with the dubious manner in which Kaunas had been pushed to the top, or simply a damage limitation exercise by the Romanov empire taken aback by the ferocity of the public reaction? The fact that Romanov himself professed his satisfaction with the outcome probably suggests the latter. However, regardless of the accuracy of this supposition, recent events would suggest that the probability of Varanavičius towing the party line in the future is decidedly minimal.

Romanov has owned Lithuanian football for so long that a serious challenge to his hegemony was only a matter of time. That time has finally arrived. Despite his apparent compliance in 2004, mutual suspicions have long been building between Varanavičius and Romanov. These came to a head at the end of last year as Kaunas were finally dethroned as champions, finishing an unprecedented ten points behind Ekranas. Whispers abounded that Kaunas no longer enjoyed the unqualified favour of the federation — nor could they continue to count upon their traditional twelfth man brandishing a whistle. The same whispers added that Romanov was seeking firm assurances backstage that this alarming turn of events would be short-lived.

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 04:32 PM

http://soccerlens.com/chaos-in-kaunas-the-decline-and-fall-of-the-romanov-empire/27087/

This was widely known before he even completed his full takeover of Hearts. There was an article in one of Scotsman (sorry, Hibsman) papers about how Romanov was the "master of getting the right result" (in Lithuania).

http://sport.scotsman.com/vladimirromanov/Romanov-master-of-getting-right.2608739.jp

Hank Schrader
09-12-2009, 04:39 PM
This was widely known before he even completed his full takeover of Hearts. There was an article in one of Scotsman (sorry, Hibsman) papers about how Romanov was the "master of getting the right result" (in Lithuania).

http://sport.scotsman.com/vladimirromanov/Romanov-master-of-getting-right.2608739.jp

I love the last paragraph of that article;

Whether Hearts fans will come to hail him as the Tsar of Tynecastle or stage their own popular revolt against his reign remains to be seen.

Correct and erm....correct :greengrin

The_Todd
09-12-2009, 04:44 PM
This is class. He is clearly stating he has no interest in hearts anymore, other than developing some players to sell on,!

That's exactly what it is. How the Yam hordes derided us for "having no ambition", when the current mission statement of the Big Club is to sell young players on.

Romanov won't sack Laszlo, or provide funds for a new striker, or build a new stand; he just doesn't care anymore and no open letters or hat kicking is ever going to change that.

Kojock
09-12-2009, 04:46 PM
One of the comments after the article by a poster calling themself 'i wanna be like John Colquhoun' sums up the stupidity of the Hertz support for me when he writes

gary mackay and george foulkes from within the club gave endorsements to romanov and the fact robinson had sold our only asset left us with no choice

Yep, lets believe what a racist and the village drunk tell us.

You just couldnt make it up

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 05:15 PM
One of the comments after the article by a poster calling themself 'i wanna be like John Colquhoun' sums up the stupidity of the Hertz support for me when he writes

gary mackay and george foulkes from within the club gave endorsements to romanov and the fact robinson had sold our only asset left us with no choice

Yep, lets believe what a racist and the village drunk tell us.

You just couldnt make it up

Yep, it's never their fault. No-one is safe!

jacomo
09-12-2009, 05:51 PM

Do you think he'll ask his driver to stop on the Royal Mile, so that Vlad can gob on the Heart of Midlothian crest in the pavement, or would that be pushing things just a little too far?

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Do you think he'll ask his driver to stop on the Royal Mile, so that Vlad can gob on the Heart of Midlothian crest in the pavement, or would that be pushing things just a little too far?

I don't see why not, he's already shat on the entire Hearts support.

.Louise.
09-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Did I just read that first paragraph correctly or are my eyes deceiving me??

If not... :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

AK86
09-12-2009, 06:35 PM

I had never seen this article before.
He really is madder than Mr madman from madworld
The guy is a rocket
:dizzy:
The old saying "you have got to watch what you wish for" is one the pbs dwellers should have taken heed of 5 years ago
But oh no, they knew best. Arrogance knew no bounds.
:bye: good riddance to the blood stained jobs:jamboak:

surreyhibbie
09-12-2009, 07:48 PM
whether they implode this week, next month or next year, it has to happen.

In the meantime they are giving us all a good laugh and this is one of those times that I really really wish there were some yamfuds at work...

Good to be a Hibbie :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2009, 02:35 AM
It's great to have Mister Romanov back in town.

Kaiser1962
10-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Those sound like the words of someone who just ain't interested any more.

:cool2:

or is about to do something really really spectacular. Even for him.
Lets hope so.

Kaiser1962
10-12-2009, 05:50 AM
Aw but that's just not fair! He promised!! Maybe Gary MacKay could have a word with these people in business circles he knows and see if any of them might want to buy that shambles of a club.

C'mon FR be fair. He didnt actually promise and now, it would appear, he was joking when he said that. Vlad was doing stand up.

Please try to keep up :greengrin

Leithenhibby
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I got a feeling they (hearts) are just trying to deflect the blame on to the Ref as they know that a big fine is in the post :bitchy:

These include the straight red card shown to skipper Michael Stewart which is currently subject to a formal appeal, Ismael Bouzid's subsequent dismissal after being shown two yellow cards in the game and the non-award of a penalty in added time when Calum Elliot was bundled to the ground inside the box by David Elebert.

Your having a laff :faf:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-boss-demands-answers-over.5900047.jp

bighairyfaeleith
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I just past Ladbrokes, and quite unbeleivably it had hearts to win the league at 250/1, while hibs were only 33/1.

Are their odds bigger because there bigger :confused:

Is this conclusive proof that we are a small team :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
talking of odds, I wonder what a double on hibs to win the league and hearts to get relegated would be???

I already have hearts to go down but would stick a fiver on a double for some extra fun. Imagine if that came in, the best thing ever to happen in the history of the world would be just that little bit better :wink:

Rory89
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah that's right, Hearts are being conspired against because they're such a massive threat to the old firm. :faf:

Hearts fans are like the guy at school with special needs, who's mother (Romanov) convinces from time to time that the other kids only laugh at them because they're jealous of how special they are.

I think what Hearts fans need to do is go back to throwing all their scarfes back on to the side of the pitch for the club to repackage and sell back to them as brand new when they start believing again, that usually shows the club who's boss.

The_Todd
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Will one of our resident Yams please explain to me why your managers, players and fans think your team is singled out for special treatment by the Refs?

Is it because you're a threat to the Old Firm? Is that what you really think?

Is it because you're actually too scared to admit you're just another run of the mill SPL club, whose players are rank and have an owner who no longer cares?

Or is it that supporting Hearts is now so boring that there's nothing else to do than cook up conspiracy theories?

Hank Schrader
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Will one of our resident Yams please explain to me

I wouldn't hold your breath, it seems that these days they don't have too much to say for themselves...

WarringtonHibee
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
talking of odds, I wonder what a double on hibs to win the league and hearts to get relegated would be???

1065/1 at Coral online right now.

bighairyfaeleith
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
1065/1 at Coral online right now.

Thats worth a fiver of my wives christmas present money anyday :thumbsup:

Baw187
10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath, it seems that these days they don't have too much to say for themselves...

:agree: Aye, they're scarcer than hair on a porn stars fanny these days.

The_Todd
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
This is the bit I find about Vlad's rant most amusing: he's pretty much said now Hearts will not really compete per se. They'll show up, field 11 players, but their main aim now is just to sell players on and make money. Hearts have ceased to care about competing and lost all ambition. It's sad, and how Hearts fans are putting up with that I don't know - in fact they're downright accepting it on JKB.

Now, I remember not so long ago we were doing the same thing, but at the same time tried to remain competitive (in as much as we won a trophy!) but funnily enough the Yams had a field day with this and came up with these gems:

Trumpeting to all that will listen - "We've Nae Ambition"

To paraphrase.

"STF has got his money back and then some. Cheerz hobos. Fancy buying some more merchandise?"

I'm just waiting for them to start stripping the lead from the roof and whipping out the copper pipes

This one's a cracker, considering current events:

Here's the brief version:

We as a club will continue to develop young players, then sell them on as soon as anyone bids 7 figures for them.

We will continue to starve our managers of cash unless we win the lotto.

We will continue to spout guff about flair football so our fans don't get upset when we get pumped every other week.

We will also build another stand so we can have even more empty seats at every home game.

This guy will never pick the winning lotto numbers:

when they sell Jones that defence will crumble, like a big crumbly thing that crumbles.

This next one... corker... how's that working out for you so far?

I will take our "average no-mark" signings over their quality SPL experienced buys any day of the week.

Anyway... last hour at work, very quiet, alone in the office.... and now it's home time!

Mikey
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I couldn't help noticing a wee bit of history re-writing over the road. Apparently, the Champions League winners in 3 years claim is just a "myth".

How do they explain these QUOTES then?.........

This is the future, according to Scotland’s Abramovich clone: “Our goal has to be champions of Europe. I want us to be at the stage where to do anything else, to come back without the trophy, would be shameful. I’d like to do it quicker but I think we’re looking at three years. Nobody believes us. That’s fine. Three years should suffice.” (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article578561.ece)

Woody1985
10-12-2009, 07:58 PM

He certainly has some experience so maybe he is right after all!

Romanov must stay!

Hibercelona
10-12-2009, 08:10 PM
It's great to have Mister Romanov back in town.

:singing: Vladimir is coming to town. :xlol

Wonder how many gifts he will drop off for the kids of gorgie this year. :agree:

truehibernian
10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't blame Vlad at all. He is simply misunderstood. It's all Hans Eskilsson's fault in my opinion. The "White Nade". Predator-like instinct when within 6 yards of a Bains pie :agree:

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/eskilssonhans.html

RIP
10-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Vlad may be visiting Tynie but he has no chance of taking his seat due to so many Jambos with their tongues stuck to his ar se

majorhibs
10-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Is it just me or is the headlines that keep flashing across skysportsnews about how hearts are going to protest gingerwhingers sending off, how they are "unhappy" about bouzids sending off, and how they want to question the referee not giving them a penalty at the end of the game- in fact bringing the game into disrepute? We all know we have muppets for refs but such a personal attack on an individual ref from a club is imo quite unique & just as alex ferguson got slapped down when getting personal with a ref recently I think the shower from the pbs should be dealt with and taught a lesson, having watched their game their "captain" should definitely have walked, bouzid basically got what a good few players in the SPL have got this season which is marching orders for heavy tackles that you got away with 10 years ago but not now, and as for clums "penalty" they both were at it, both pulling at each other, you get it you take it you dont you shut up! I really, really hope this bunch of clowns get hammered here but the SFA? When have they shown they can make the right decision or that they have balls? Stewart was a sending off- no doubts- if they start by reducing that when the fool was swinging punches then what credibility do they have left? As I said, I hope they throw the book at tis bunch of jumped up nonentity thugs, tell them to get their house in order, and the next "suspended" fine should be high enough to make sure that they HAVE to try to keep their house in order, instead of just paying fines & doing it all again next year. Joke club.

Phil D. Rolls
11-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah that's right, Hearts are being conspired against because they're such a massive threat to the old firm. :faf:

Hearts fans are like the guy at school with special needs, who's mother (Romanov) convinces from time to time that the other kids only laugh at them because they're jealous of how special they are.

What does that feel like? :greengrin

I think what Hearts fans need to do is go back to throwing all their scarfes back on to the side of the pitch for the club to repackage and sell back to them as brand new when they start believing again, that usually shows the club who's boss.

I just hope that when this lot go whingeing to the press at the weekend to slag off big bad Vlad, that they are reminded in no uncertain terms how it was their actions that forced change at the PBS, and there is no-one to blame for him being there but them.

I also hope that the papers ram the irony of their current bleating home to them. Point out that they weren't complaining when they were challenging for the title, or getting the Scottish Cup bought for them by their nice new "uncle".

I couldn't help noticing a wee bit of history re-writing over the road. Apparently, the Champions League winners in 3 years claim is just a "myth".

How do they explain these QUOTES then?.........

This is the future, according to Scotland’s Abramovich clone: “Our goal has to be champions of Europe. I want us to be at the stage where to do anything else, to come back without the trophy, would be shameful. I’d like to do it quicker but I think we’re looking at three years. Nobody believes us. That’s fine. Three years should suffice.” (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article578561.ece)

I remember reading that article at the time and thinking - "I'm jealous, if only our club had this sort of ambition, but we're just wee Hobos from Lochend, so the best we can hope for is to see the rich folks in Gorgie doing well - they deserve it, they've worked hard".

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Will one of our resident Yams please explain to me why your managers, players and fans think your team is singled out for special treatment by the Refs?
Is it because you're a threat to the Old Firm? Is that what you really think?

Is it because you're actually too scared to admit you're just another run of the mill SPL club, whose players are rank and have an owner who no longer cares?

Or is it that supporting Hearts is now so boring that there's nothing else to do than cook up conspiracy theories?

There is no doubt that we were very unfairly treated by Refs and Linesmen when we were a threat to the OF duopoly. However now, we are just one of a number of clubs who have been 'cheated' by totally incompetent referees. 4 clubs so far this season have gone on record about terrible refs and maybe, just maybe, the SFA might actually do something about it this time.

The_Todd
11-12-2009, 09:29 AM
There is no doubt that we were very unfairly treated by Refs and Linesmen when we were a threat to the OF duopoly. However now, we are just one of a number of clubs who have been 'cheated' by totally incompetent referees. 4 clubs so far this season have gone on record about terrible refs and maybe, just maybe, the SFA might actually do something about it this time.

I agree Scottish refs are imcompetent, but that's as far as it gets.

I honestly don't see why the refs would have a specific anti-Hearts bias? They're pish, and pish for everybody.

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Is it just me or is the headlines that keep flashing across skysportsnews about how hearts are going to protest gingerwhingers sending off, how they are "unhappy" about bouzids sending off, and how they want to question the referee not giving them a penalty at the end of the game- in fact bringing the game into disrepute? We all know we have muppets for refs but such a personal attack on an individual ref from a club is imo quite unique & just as alex ferguson got slapped down when getting personal with a ref recently I think the shower from the pbs should be dealt with and taught a lesson, having watched their game their "captain" should definitely have walked, bouzid basically got what a good few players in the SPL have got this season which is marching orders for heavy tackles that you got away with 10 years ago but not now, and as for clums "penalty" they both were at it, both pulling at each other, you get it you take it you dont you shut up! I really, really hope this bunch of clowns get hammered here but the SFA? When have they shown they can make the right decision or that they have balls? Stewart was a sending off- no doubts- if they start by reducing that when the fool was swinging punches then what credibility do they have left? As I said, I hope they throw the book at tis bunch of jumped up nonentity thugs, tell them to get their house in order, and the next "suspended" fine should be high enough to make sure that they HAVE to try to keep their house in order, instead of just paying fines & doing it all again next year. Joke club.
The majority opinion on this site appears to be that Stewart should not have been sent off, that Craig Thomson had a brilliant tackle unfairly judged as a foul, and a clear penalty turned down. If Hibs fans think that then do you not think it is right for our club to say something about it.

Peevemor
There is no doubt that we were very unfairly treated by Refs and Linesmen when we were a threat to the OF duopoly.

:blah::blah::blah::faf::faf::faf::trumpet:

Mon Dieu4

Thats almost as mad a statement as a Vlad one :faf:

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
I agree Scottish refs are imcompetent, but that's as far as it gets.

I honestly don't see why the refs would have a specific anti-Hearts bias? They're pish, and pish for everybody.
As I said above, we are just one of 4 teams that have been the victims of terrible refs this season so not claiming there is a specific anti-Hearts bias anymore. I remain convinced there was a few years ago; Andy Davis anyone??

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 09:33 AM
:blah::blah::blah::faf::faf::faf::trumpet:

Good argument, couldn't possibly come back against your well thought out response

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Thats almost as mad a statement as a Vlad one :faf:
True

The_Todd
11-12-2009, 09:34 AM
The majority opinion on this site appears to be that Stewart should not have been sent off, that Craig Thomson had a brilliant tackle unfairly judged as a foul, and a clear penalty turned down. If Hibs fans think that then do you not think it is right for our club to say something about it.

Funnily enough, the majority of JKB seems to think the opposite.

Stewart had intent. He missed and ended up looking like a grade A fud (only to compound that by missing a water bottle in the tunnel), but he had intent.

The fact he saw a red card was his fault and his alone, nothing to do with cheating refs.

Incidentally, Thomson was harshly booked, but then he also got off with a foul which did merit a yellow so that evened itself out.

Peevemor
11-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Good argument, couldn't possibly come back against your well thought out response

There's only one person to blame for you blowing your chance and he's not a referee.

Baw187
11-12-2009, 10:16 AM
As I said above, we are just one of 4 teams that have been the victims of terrible refs this season so not claiming there is a specific anti-Hearts bias anymore. I remain convinced there was a few years ago; Andy Davis anyone??

What a load of old horse pish.

That incident was a one off incident and had no anti hearts element to it... it was simple refereeing incompetence that has happened many times to other clubs across the globe. That didn't cost you anything in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody likes hearts - true. But to suggest that referees have ever let that affect the way they referree your games in particular is keek. I recall at the time the outcry at the fact Hearts were calling Andy Davis a cheat, and rightly so. Disgraceful.

Hibs have their fair share of garbage refs. Hibs are challenging the OF this year and haven't had any Ref's trying to knock us off our stride. Pure nonsense to suggest that is ever on a referees agenda.

the media, on the other hand do try to unsettle teams challenging the OF, but there is no corruption in referees. Incompetence yes, but not corruption.

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Funnily enough, the majority of JKB seems to think the opposite.

Stewart had intent. He missed and ended up looking like a grade A fud (only to compound that by missing a water bottle in the tunnel), but he had intent.

The fact he saw a red card was his fault and his alone, nothing to do with cheating refs.

Incidentally, Thomson was harshly booked, but then he also got off with a foul which did merit a yellow so that evened itself out.

Stewart turned as though he was going to have a go but stopped himself. As the ref has now agreed that he was wrong to send him off then the fault was more with the referee than Stewart.
Craig Thomson was booked for a great challenge so very poor refereeing. He than could well have been booked for a challenge later on so again poor refereeing (or he had been told by the 4th official that the original booking was a joke). As I said before, Hearts are not saying this is a conspiracy against us, just that referees are worse than ever

Peevemor
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Stewart turned as though he was going to have a go but stopped himself.

Pish. Stewart had a swipe and made an erse of himself. The intention was there, if he did try to sop himself he was too late. Straight red.

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM

What a load of old horse pish.

That incident was a one off incident and had no anti hearts element to it... it was simple refereeing incompetence that has happened many times to other clubs across the globe. That didn't cost you anything in the grand scheme of things.

Nobody likes hearts - true. But to suggest that referees have ever let that affect the way they referree your games in particular is keek. I recall at the time the outcry at the fact Hearts were calling Andy Davis a cheat, and rightly so. Disgraceful.

Hibs have their fair share of garbage refs. Hibs are challenging the OF this year and haven't had any Ref's trying to knock us off our stride. Pure nonsense to suggest that is ever on a referees agenda.
I have to disagree. There is no doubt in my mind that there was a specific anti-Hearts bias at that time. Some of it was caused by Miko's dive against Scotland that saw him getting booked for breathing, and some due to the uproar after the Davis incident when Hearts basicaaly accused the SFA of being cheats.

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Pish. Stewart had a swipe and made an erse of himself. The intention was there, if he did try to sop himself he was too late. Straight red.
So the fact that the referee doesn't agree with you doesn't matter???

Baw187
11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=Baw187;2271050]
I have to disagree. There is no doubt in my mind that there was a specific anti-Hearts bias at that time. Some of it was caused by Miko's dive against Scotland that saw him getting booked for breathing, and some due to the uproar after the Davis incident when Hearts basicaaly accused the SFA of being cheats.

Of course there was anti hearts bias from every corner because a) everybody hates Hearts and b) you basically accused an official of being corrupt based on an isolated incident. Yes there was anti Miko feeling, but there is no danger that referees were making decisions based on this and no evidence to support that there was. Are you saying, that at that time, Hearts never benefited from any favourable decisions either? That it was all one sided against you in terms of refereeing decisions??

matty_f
11-12-2009, 10:26 AM

If the ref was adamant that he had got it right, would it have changed your mind?

Why does Peevemor's opinion have to tie in with the ref's?

Peevemor
11-12-2009, 10:26 AM

What I think doesn't count. Andy Walker was the first to come out with the 'he tried to stop himself" nonsense and your mob have laughably latched on to it despite ordinarily ridiculing everything he says about your pathetic club.

If he wasn't have a swing at the guy then what was he doing?

Did he try to stop himself? Irrelevant in my opinion - it was already too late.

matty_f
11-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Have to laugh at the thought that there might be some anti-Yam conspiracy going on (I know you haven't said it, DF) - why the ****** would the SFA want to throw a spanner in the works of a Hamilton v Yams game? Are they trying to protect Falkirk? :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
11-12-2009, 10:29 AM

Andy Davis was adamant he got it right all those years ago – why do yous still go on about it?

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Andy Davis was adamant he got it right all those years ago – why do yous still go on about it?
As I have said a few times on here already, I'm not. I am saying that 4 clubs in Scotland, so far this season, have complained about terrible referees. I brought up the Andy Davis incident to explain why I thought there was an anti-Hearts bias years ago.

Dipped flake
11-12-2009, 10:44 AM
What I think doesn't count. Andy Walker was the first to come out with the 'he tried to stop himself" nonsense and your mob have laughably latched on to it despite ordinarily ridiculing everything he says about your pathetic club.

If he wasn't have a swing at the guy then what was he doing?

Did he try to stop himself? Irrelevant in my opinion - it was already too late.
What do you mean 'what I think doesn't count' ????? I am arguing against what you think so of course it counts; otherwise why post your thoughts on a messageboard???

jdships
11-12-2009, 10:45 AM

Sorry your argument just doesn't hold water.
Suggest you speak to someone who plays for any SPL club and they will tell you , if they are honest, that refereeing decisions level themselves out over a season
Even when I played,nearly sixty years ago, we often had a good rant, in the dressing room, about " the goal that never was " or " the blind b.......d in the black"
The following week we could be rolling around laughing our socks off at getting a dodgy penalty.
Agree , to some extent, that there appears to be a lack of competence in a number of referees but do not subscribe to out and out bias .

:devil:

Peevemor
11-12-2009, 11:01 AM
What do you mean 'what I think doesn't count' ????? I am arguing against what you think so of course it counts; otherwise why post your thoughts on a messageboard???

It's not the first time I've disagreed with a referee, but it makes no difference whatsoever.

The majority of yams have done nothing but slate that referee, but now that he may have changed his mind over the Stewart incident you are accepting what he is saying.

Does he have a clue or doen't he? And Andy Walker?

Your lot are cherry picking all the bits you want to here and are rubbishing everything else.

Your team's guff. Your owner and manager have lost interest. Your club's a joke.

The sooner you (plural) accept that instead of harping on about conspiracies the better.

Rory89
11-12-2009, 03:59 PM

I might have actually agreed with you once upon a time about the refs when you were challenging for the title, I remember thinking the Celtic game when they came back from 2-0 down to win had some bad double standards from the ref for example.

Then I watched highlights of that game recently and noticed they had a stone wall penalty turned down, two sides to every story as they say. I also remember a game that season when your team played us and couldn't have been dirtier, and as a result got Jankauskas sent off for a shove and numerous bookings. When the general opinion of the club, fans and Romanov himself was that Hearts were cheated that day, you know you need to take these victim sobs with a pinch of salt.

Remember Paul Hartley moaning after a derby that he wasn't getting enough protection from the ref against the bullying tactics of 3 foot 8 Jay Sheilds? Sums up the paranoid attitude of Hearts that season. How do you explain the number of penalties we've had this season and opposition players being sent off? Does this corruption spread to anyone who threatens to challenge Rantic or is it just reserved for Hearts?

marinello59
11-12-2009, 04:15 PM
As I have said a few times on here already, I'm not. I am saying that 4 clubs in Scotland, so far this season, have complained about terrible referees. I brought up the Andy Davis incident to explain why I thought there was an anti-Hearts bias years ago.

So are you seriously saying that the refs were dishonest? And just against your shower. I thought this sort of pathetic garbage was reserved for followers of the Infirm.

sunshine1875
12-12-2009, 07:18 AM
The Tiny Panto season continues.

Vlad is now not coming to Scotland. Vlad said:

"I was never going to come, but I used the opportunity to find out how the 'stukachi' on me operate in Scotland," he said, using a Russian word which can be translated as 'secret informers'.

Romanov will remain in Lithuania – "where my team plays an important basketball match" – rather than travelling to Scotland to watch Hearts play host to Dundee United today

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Romanov-finds-out--39secret.5906474.jp

:lolyam::vladsheep:

Cropley10
12-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Oh that's cheered me up.

Vlad deliberately giving out false info to see who goes running to the press.

What are all the protesters going to do now?:faf:

CB_NO3
12-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Vlad is off his head. I really dont get this guy. "Secret informer" what the hell is he on about. Does he still think we are in WW2 or something. And his comments the other day there about Scottish Football being pointless, well why the **** did you buy into a Scottish football club.

macca70
12-12-2009, 07:31 AM
HE's BEHIND YOU!!

Some Lithuanian basketball match is more important to him than sorting out the shambles at Hearts :faf: The guys clearly taking the Jarko Wiss.

With the Hoofball that the Yams are playing, maybe he plans to send over 2 7 ft basketballers to play up front for the yams, couldnae do much worse than Nade. :agree:

YehButNoBut
12-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Did not know what a stukachi was so looked it up and found this.

"The day-to-day work of keeping watch over the Soviet people is done by part-time informers, or stukachi (squealers), as they are contemptuously called. The system of informants is so pervasive that most Soviets take it for granted that a stukachi is always near by."

Vlad thinks he is in a spy movie, :greengrin somebody is for the heave ho soon at Tynie. :jamboak:

Baw187
12-12-2009, 08:23 AM
The Tiny Panto season continues.

Vlad is now not coming to Scotland. Vlad said:

"I was never going to come, but I used the opportunity to find out how the 'stukachi' on me operate in Scotland," he said, using a Russian word which can be translated as 'secret informers'.

Romanov will remain in Lithuania – "where my team plays an important basketball match" – rather than travelling to Scotland to watch Hearts play host to Dundee United today

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Romanov-finds-out--39secret.5906474.jp

:lolyam::vladsheep:

Seriously - what planet does this man live on. :faf:

poolman
12-12-2009, 08:40 AM

It's because your post was total pish

Do you actually believe that all the Scottish refs meet at some little secret tryst and collude together to agree to have an agenda against Ha-Ha Hearts :bitchy:

Thats why you get the smilie responses

poolman
12-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Did not know what a stukachi was so looked it up and found this.

"The day-to-day work of keeping watch over the Soviet people is done by part-time informers, or stukachi (squealers), as they are contemptuously called. The system of informants is so pervasive that most Soviets take it for granted that a stukachi is always near by."

Vlad thinks he is in a spy movie, :greengrin somebody is for the heave ho soon at Tynie. :jamboak:

Look out, look out the SFA Stukchi's are about

http://holdtheweaksauce.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/fur_hat-1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/3005696457_385a34b867.jpg?v=0

lapsedhibee
12-12-2009, 09:08 AM

Should be plenty spare concrete from the 'delay' of the massive rebuilding project to provide an overcoat or two for any underachievers.

Hainan Hibs
12-12-2009, 09:22 AM
You've got to feel sorry for the Yams.

Years of bleating on about how they were "top of the Romanov Pyramid", only for them to fall well down the pecking order and eventually find themselves behind a basketball team:faf:

poolman
12-12-2009, 09:58 AM
From the BBC Forum

Is it a closet Hibby :hmmm: Or just a daft Yam :hmmm:

Discuss ;-)

Vladimir Romanov is NOT jetting in to Scotland this weekend to sack manager Csaba Laszlo! He IS, in fact, coming over to announce, that as we all expected, he has no interest in the club and will be walking away. However. He has already found a buyer for the club (some eastern block oil/gas guy) who is going to clear the debt and sort the club out. This MAY mean the club moving from it's current Tynecastle home though!!!

Obviously he's not heard there's a big basketball game in Lithuania today :greengrin

matty_f
12-12-2009, 10:05 AM
From the BBC Forum

Is it a closet Hibby :hmmm: Or just a daft Yam :hmmm:

Discuss ;-)

Vladimir Romanov is NOT jetting in to Scotland this weekend to sack manager Csaba Laszlo! He IS, in fact, coming over to announce, that as we all expected, he has no interest in the club and will be walking away. However. He has already found a buyer for the club (some eastern block oil/gas guy) who is going to clear the debt and sort the club out. This MAY mean the club moving from it's current Tynecastle home though!!!

Obviously he's not heard there's a big basketball game in Lithuania today :greengrin

:faf:

Vlad giving the Yams two fingers today has really brightened up my morning. That's hilarious - maybe now they'll get a sense of how insignificant to him they really are.

Nae luck, Jumbos!

MSK
12-12-2009, 11:53 AM
BASKETBALL TEAM (BIG TEAM) V Hearts (wee team)....oh ma sides !!!! :faf::faf:

Phil D. Rolls
12-12-2009, 01:28 PM
This is quality. I always said the Yams would be up sh*t creek with this guy. In the past they've been able to bully and intimidate owners with the classic open letter ending - WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!

Except they don't, and Sir Vlad will see them when he wants. Certainly not when they demand. He's like a cat playing with a bird.

The_Todd
12-12-2009, 03:27 PM
You've got to feel sorry for the Yams.

Years of bleating on about how they were "top of the Romanov Pyramid", only for them to fall well down the pecking order and eventually find themselves behind a basketball team:faf:

But I'm not sure what's actually funny about that. Basketball is the biggest sport in Lithuania, it's not a minority sport like it is here.

jabis
12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
thought they were going to have a BIG demonstration AND boycott.

Or did they all boycott the demonstration,including vlad :confused: