PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Lee Miller - Danny Swanson ?

Ell_Chrisso
09-12-2009, 09:19 AM
(Sorry if posted elsewhere..)

Heard a few people talking this morning that these two are our targets for Jan?

Anyone else heard anything, or know of any news?

Hibs90
09-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Don't want either. :agree:

KWJ
09-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Be very surprised at the Lee Miller linkage going by the strikers we already have and the faith Hughes has in Nish.

I like Swanson, bit of a cross between Miller/Zemmama in my book and looks like he has the potential to succeed but then I'd wonder why CL would let him leave.

Andy74
09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Be very surprised at the Lee Miller linkage going by the strikers we already have and the faith Hughes has in Nish.

I like Swanson, bit of a cross between Miller/Zemmama in my book and looks like he has the potential to succeed but then I'd wonder why CL would let him leave.

Swanston seems to me that he has a bit of talent but only uses it sparingly. If he wasn't a Hibby I'm not sure anyone would have paid him any notice whatsoever.

That said I've not seen him that much, not that he plays that much by the looks of things.

Steve20
09-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Would take Swanson.

Wouldn't be happy with Lee Miller. Kyle would be a far better signing than Miller.

Ell_Chrisso
09-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I think if we have the sources to get them in, id be happy with both.
Swanson is going to add pace to the wings, which we don't have. He is a real winger in my view, who will take people on, and get to the by-line.
We have Wotherspoon, but i don't think Hughes will move him away from right back now he has settled.
Lee Miller could end up being a real good deal for us. I think our team he would score alot of goals, but at the same time, like you say, im not sure we need him, or that he is what we should be looking for.

MyJo
09-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Swanson is a good young player with potential who would be a decent addition to the squad, Miller is a diving jambo ****** i wouldn't want anywhere near a green shirt.

IMO :greengrin

Baw187
09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I'd take Miller over Swanson. Miller's a proven SPL goalscorer - a fox in the box if you will, and certainly something we don't have at present despite our abundance of strikers.

brog
09-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Swanson is a good young player with potential who would be a decent addition to the squad, Miller is a diving jambo ****** i wouldn't want anywhere near a green shirt.

IMO :greengrin

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I have not seen much of Swanson, but Miller no thanks. We already have a centre forward who falls over at the slightest touch.

dirtydirk
09-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Miller was only ever a fox in the box that half season he spent at hearts. Since then he has done nothing. I bet nish has a higher scoring record than miller in the last four seasons. Swanson is ok but dont think he would bring anything that we havent got. For the wages for the two of them we would be better getting webster

The Sea-gull
09-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Miller was only ever a fox in the box that half season he spent at hearts. Since then he has done nothing. I bet nish has a higher scoring record than miller in the last four seasons. Swanson is ok but dont think he would bring anything that we havent got. For the wages for the two of them we would be better getting webster

He has, not counting this season:-

2008/9 - Nish 8 goals from 34 games, Miller 12 from 34
2007/8 - Nish 13 from 40, Miller 13 from 49
2006/7 - Nish 14 from 39, Miller 4 from 39
2005/6 - Nish 8 from 38, Miller 4 from 36

Totals - Nish 43 from 152, Miller 33 from 158

Neither have particularly great records though Miller has vastly improved in the last 2 years.

Think they are slightly different players - Miller's game is about finishing and diving, Nish's more about being awkward customer for defences and bringing in his team-mates.

Neither player is that great or that bad IMHO.

ahibby
09-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I wonder what Miller could do in a better team than Aberdeen. I don't know about Swanson but I heard he is a no no anyway. I thought we were more in need of Right and Centre backs, no?

Gingertosser
09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Miller only puts in the effort when he has 6 months of his contract left :bitchy:

CorrieHibs
09-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I posted that rumour about swanson last month. I think that is defo happening. After Nish's last 2 performances why would we need miller?

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Miller only puts in the effort when he has 6 months of his contract left :bitchy:

Just give him a 6-month deal then? :greengin

Seriously though I think he’s pish – he’s played a lot more minutes of football than Nish this season but I reckon Nish has scored more goals. I bet Benji’s goal return is similar to Miller’s this season!

MacBean
09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
(Sorry if posted elsewhere..)

Heard a few people talking this morning that these two are our targets for Jan?

Anyone else heard anything, or know of any news?

have to....

Sauce ? :wink:

sorry cus couldn't resist:greengrin

Green_one
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Miller is a diver who hardly scores - no thanks

I am not sure we need another striker, of any description, in preference to say

a goalkeeper
a right back
a central defender

I hope those are more probable positions to be filled.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Miller is more of a traditional physical target man than Nish. I think Nish has more ability, but he lacks the strength on the ball of Miller, so he'd be a different option.

Danny Swanson is a Hibby is he not? Hibby's always find a way home!!!!

Ell_Chrisso
09-12-2009, 11:50 AM
have to....

Sauce ? :wink:

sorry cus couldn't resist:greengrin

Bugger off Beefy! Haven't you got an elbow to nurse? :boo hoo:

More to the point, it was Duffy who has had the two or three texts!
So he is my brown and red!

Looks like most don't want Miller, and some want Swanson.

I honestly think both would fit in. You can never argue against having a strong squad.

MacBean
09-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Bugger off Beefy! Haven't you got an elbow to nurse? :boo hoo:

More to the point, it was Duffy who has had the two or three texts!
So he is my brown and red!

Looks like most don't want Miller, and some want Swanson.

I honestly think both would fit in. You can never argue against having a strong squad.

Screw Swanson and Miller, sign Kaka, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ibrahimavic, Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Vidic, and Zibi

jakedance
09-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Lee Miller is a diving prick. I don't want a cheat like that anywhere near my team.

Ell_Chrisso
09-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Screw Swanson and Miller, sign Kaka, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ibrahimavic, Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Vidic, and Zibi

Everyone was realistic, till you blew it at the last...

Ell_Chrisso
09-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Lee Miller is a diving prick. I don't want a cheat like that anywhere near my team.

But i'd have Thierry Henry in a flash .. :devil:

offshorehibby
09-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Miller i wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Swanson as a squad player but would not loose any sleep if we did not sign him.
Our priority is a CH if not in the new year but in the summer to replace Bamba.
So far yogi has come up with a couple of gems so i will trust his judgement come the day.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Lee Miller is utter p!sh and just slightly better than Nade!

Green_one
09-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Lee Miller is utter p!sh and just slightly better than Nade!

Harsh !!:greengrin

Removed
09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Harsh !!:greengrin

:agree: But accurate

cabbage07
09-12-2009, 12:11 PM
We will wont be going for swason so forget it .

MyJo
09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
We will wont be going for swason so forget it .

you've been going to the TQM school for winkers haven't you :greengrin

you forgot to add the "delete as appropriate when signing is confirmed / discovered as utter pish"

Mikeystewart
09-12-2009, 01:06 PM

I heard through the grape vine that if Leveine gets the Scotland job Swanson wants to leave and come to Hibs as he is good friends with Leveine, he is after all the guy who brought him up to this level of football. Would be a good move as far as Hibs and Swanson is concrened imho.

Leith Green
09-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I heard through the grape vine that if Leveine gets the Scotland job Swanson wants to leave and come to Hibs as he is good friends with Leveine, he is after all the guy who brought him up to this level of football. Would be a good move as far as Hibs and Swanson is concrened imho.

Can put that rumour where it belongs..

I know for a fact that Danny and his family are becoming more and more annoyed and confused by Levein, he constantly talks Danny up as the best young player he has worked with, yet drops him after he has played an excellent game or other situations of a similar ilk ...

I think Danny will move next season if he does not start playing regular football as he will be able to talk to other clubs in a years time with a view to signing a pre contract agreement.

Also to the folk who think he is inconsistent or does it one week and not the next, they obviously are speaking without having seen him or without the facts, as he will play well for 3 games and then be dropped for 3, Its pretty hard to shine from the bench or the stands.. !

Richard Scott
09-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I didn't think we had the money to sign anyone in January :confused:

Peevemor
09-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I didn't think we had the money to sign anyone in January :confused:

Who said that?

MyJo
09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Who said that?

hibs-2005 :rolleyes:

Andy74
09-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Can put that rumour where it belongs..

I know for a fact that Danny and his family are becoming more and more annoyed and confused by Levein, he constantly talks Danny up as the best young player he has worked with, yet drops him after he has played an excellent game or other situations of a similar ilk ...

I think Danny will move next season if he does not start playing regular football as he will be able to talk to other clubs in a years time with a view to signing a pre contract agreement.

Also to the folk who think he is inconsistent or does it one week and not the next, they obviously are speaking without having seen him or without the facts, as he will play well for 3 games and then be dropped for 3, Its pretty hard to shine from the bench or the stands.. !

I don't gnerally have much sympathy with what a player's family says.

Craig Levein is there to win football games for his club and has done a very decent job of it.

He's nothing to gain from not playing his best players. He may well think he's talented but I'm pretty sure he also values things like hard work, attitude and consistency. I'm not being specific to this case in saying that but those are some reasosn where talented players end up not playing games.

Richard Scott
09-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Who said that?

Well, not so much we HAVEN'T got the money, more like the board wont fund any more signings, and if they do, they'll only be minimal signings, this article is saying HUghes will have to make do with the young players

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8400761.stm

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Neither of them are any better than our first team squad nor any better than boys in our under 21 team. Don't see the value or need to bring these two in if it means letting similar players that we already have, go. Just costs you contract payments, signing on fees, agents commission, just to end up no better than where you already are.

Peevemor
09-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Well, not so much we HAVEN'T got the money, more like the board wont fund any more signings, this article is saying HUghes will have to make do with the young players

He doesn't say they won't spend any money, just that they won't spend daft money trying to keep up with the OF. This has been the club's policy for a few years now. He also says that the player budget is increasing every year.

If you look at the trend with our wage outlay over the last few years, it's steady, gradually being able to invest more and more.

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Well, not so much we HAVEN'T got the money, more like the board wont fund any more signings, and if they do, they'll only be minimal signings, this article is saying HUghes will have to make do with the young players

It doesn't say that anywhere in the article. What it does say is that Hibs have brought through a lot of their own players and eventually sold them (well, duh).

Richard Scott
09-12-2009, 02:13 PM
It doesn't say that anywhere in the article. What it does say is that Hibs have brought through a lot of their own players and eventually sold them (well, duh).

It does. Look under the picture of John Hughes.

Peevemor
09-12-2009, 02:18 PM

That's the BBC putting 2 and 2 together and getting zero. There are plenty of direct quotes in the article - the rest can be ignored.

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 02:23 PM

Sheesh. Do you have any idea how media organisations throw these things together? That will have been written by some picture sub-editor in the BBC offices in Glasgow. It isn't even the opinion of the actual journalist who has done the story, let alone a direct quote from anyone at Hibs.

For context, there was a BBC article with a picture of Katie Thomson soon after he had moved to the Huns, where one of the picture staff had altered the url of the source picture from ....kevinthomson.... to .....kevin["sweary word starting with a c"]thomson....

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22kevincuntthomson%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLR

Oscar Lomax
09-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Would take Swanson.

Wouldn't be happy with Lee Miller. Kyle would be a far better signing than Miller.

Miller is a far better player than Kyle ! Kyle is a big cart horse....Miller far better in the air and better all round ability...Id take him in a flash....Kyle is Nish mrk II

.Sean.
09-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Don't see a great need for either player, although if they were to sign I wouldn't be dissapointed.

Lee Miller is a far better player than Kevin Kyle too, by the way :agree:

Si_17
09-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Lee Miller is pish. Don't want him anywhere near our club.:bitchy:

.Sean.
09-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Still better than Kyle IMO

Oscar Lomax
09-12-2009, 04:37 PM

Well seeing your only 20 coming out with guff like that..

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm 31 - I think he's pish as well.

Edinburgh Green
09-12-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm 31 - I think he's pish as well.

I'm in between at 27 and I also think he's honkin.

lucky
09-12-2009, 04:52 PM
i'm older than the lot of you and he is p1sh, but what has age got to do with it?

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm 14.5 stone and can therefore vouch for Miller's p!shness.

HibbyAndy
09-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Lee Miller is a diving hearts cant!

No thanks.

Si_17
09-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Well seeing you're thirty-seven, gives you an excuse for being a senile old ****.

Jones28
09-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Miller is a diver who hardly scores - no thanks

I am not sure we need another striker, of any description, in preference to say

a goalkeeper
a right back
a central defender

I hope those are more probable positions to be filled.

Why? :confused:

SneakersO'Toole
09-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Miller is a journeyman.

Kyle is a complete donkey.

Swanson is a average SPL player.

Nothing to get excited about and certainly not players we should be targetting IMO.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-12-2009, 05:54 PM
miller is absolute rank, he reminds me of steve lovell. Ive never seen swanson play though

BSEJVT
09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Never seen Swanson play either so couldnt comment on his ability.

Every time I seem to read about him though he gets sent off?

This would be a concern.

lumbo_hfc
09-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Neither of them are any better than our first team squad nor any better than boys in our under 21 team. Don't see the value or need to bring these two in if it means letting similar players that we already have, go. Just costs you contract payments, signing on fees, agents commission, just to end up no better than where you already are.

Miller is miles better than Nish and Swanson is still young and would be an ideal replacement for Zemmama WHEN he leave!

Whys that, cause hes played for Hearts or something yeh? Why would u not want to sign a player who is clearly going to improve your team?

JohnnyHibby
09-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Miller could be a suprise package, given John Hughes ability for man management he (JH) could get the best out of Miller.

On a personal note I bumped into Miller June 2007 in Stirling shopping centre and we had a chat. thought I was a Dons fan but I advised him I was a Hibby, he was suprised I was chatting with him but continued chatting to me and we had a good chat about football, in fact he kept his girlfriend waiting as we chatted for approx 10minutes.
Found him a nice genuine guy.

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Whys that, cause hes played for Hearts or something yeh? Why would u not want to sign a player who is clearly going to improve your team?

Noh - it's because he's achieved little and he's prettypish. I bet their goal scoring records are pretty similar.

lumbo_hfc
09-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Noh - it's because he's achieved little and he's prettypish. I bet their goal scoring records are pretty similar.

:wink: thought you might edit that bit!

Miller has scored more goals than nish, is younger, has played for his country! im not saying LM is a world beater but in a better team, he would score goals and is certainly an improvment on what we have!

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Miller has scored more goals than nish, is younger, has played for his country! im not saying LM is a world beater but in a better team, he would score goals and is certainly an improvment on what we have!

Nish 0.25 per game vs Miller 0.28 per game. 0 caps v 1 cap (?). Hardly earth shattering.

If it's based on caps received then Kyle is the outright winner.

Miller had a decent run at Hearts - apart from that I've seen nothing to suggest I'd prefer him ahead of Stokes or Riordan and he's only on a par with Nish.

Edinburgh Green
09-12-2009, 07:31 PM

Read post 12 :wink:

lumbo_hfc
09-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Nish 0.25 per game vs Miller 0.28 per game. 0 caps v 1 cap (?). Hardly earth shattering.

If it's based on caps received then Kyle is the outright winner.

Miller had a decent run at Hearts - apart from that I've seen nothing to suggest I'd prefer him ahead of Stokes or Riordan and he's only on a par with Nish.

if i had the choice of Nish, Miller or Kyle it would be a toss-up between LM and KK for me as i think both of them have a better eye for goal, Nish has had his day at Hibs, ok he had a decent game on Saturday but i still dont think he is Hibs class if we are thinking of challenging for honours.

lumbo_hfc
09-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Read post 12 :wink:

Thats in the last 4 seasons :wink:

D'hall hibs' post said he thought nish had scored more in their careers

Edinburgh Green
09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Thats in the last 4 seasons :wink:

D'hall hibs' post said he thought nish had scored more in their careers

So you want a striker who scored goals more than 4 seasons ago? May as well get Joe Baker in :greengrin

lumbo_hfc
09-12-2009, 08:46 PM
So you want a striker who scored goals more than 4 seasons ago? May as well get Joe Baker in :greengrin

if hes better than that donkey we have been playing upfront recently, get him in!
There is a very good chance Joe Baker is quicker now than Nish is now! :greengrin

majorhibs
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Seems to me all these genius striker spotters are coming in from the younger side of Hibs fans. Tell you what lads, if you had played in the Maybury league just after leaving school, in the early 80's after what was an "entertaining" decade before where the hardest defenders prevailed, and if you were a forward or midfielder against the biggest, baddest hatchet men Edinburgh could throw at you you learned extremely quick to sink or swim, we had just finished a decade where guys like Bremner & Hunter at Leeds, Hughes & Smith at Liverpool to just start of with, not forgetting the likes of our own John Blackley, or Geebsie a while later, but the fact that a TOTAL imposter like that clown lee miller is getting away with his antics in Scottish Football says volumes about referees and referees supervisor dallas. This clown lee miller is the last thing anybody who has played Edinburgh Maybury in the days when refs allowed challenges would want to see at a club like Hibs, he is everything wrong with the Scottish game, puts digs & challenges in but as soon as anyone is near him he is in a league of his own in going down & conning refs, linesmen & dallas. I would rather be nice to my ex missus than see that spoiling cheat anywhere near any Hibs team I followed. He is the pits amongst Scottish players, I reckon he is a bigger diver than mikolooney from the dark side! Tell me a bigger diver in the S.P.L. the now?

cabbage07
09-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Guys believe me danny swason is a non starter it isn't happening from the horses mouth move on !:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
10-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Miller is a journeyman.

Kyle is a complete donkey.

Swanson is a average SPL player.

Nothing to get excited about and certainly not players we should be targetting IMO.

McBride was hopeless
Liam Miller was over-rated
Bamba was a bombscare

Lets judge players once they sign for us and play a few games.
Miller would give us a option we dont currently have up front. I dont see the problem with Yogi expanding the squad. Against Rangers las week, Lee Miller won every single ball in the air. Not often we can say that about one of our strikers.

Steve20
10-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Miller is a far better player than Kyle ! Kyle is a big cart horse....Miller far better in the air and better all round ability...Id take him in a flash....Kyle is Nish mrk II

Miller a better player than Kyle? I think not.

I am not saying we should go for Kyle, but it would be a far far better option than Lee Miller. Look at Kyle's scoring record at Kilmarnock, compared to Miller's at Aberdeen also.

HFC 0-7
10-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Seems to me all these genius striker spotters are coming in from the younger side of Hibs fans. Tell you what lads, if you had played in the Maybury league just after leaving school, in the early 80's after what was an "entertaining" decade before where the hardest defenders prevailed, and if you were a forward or midfielder against the biggest, baddest hatchet men Edinburgh could throw at you you learned extremely quick to sink or swim, we had just finished a decade where guys like Bremner & Hunter at Leeds, Hughes & Smith at Liverpool to just start of with, not forgetting the likes of our own John Blackley, or Geebsie a while later, but the fact that a TOTAL imposter like that clown lee miller is getting away with his antics in Scottish Football says volumes about referees and referees supervisor dallas. This clown lee miller is the last thing anybody who has played Edinburgh Maybury in the days when refs allowed challenges would want to see at a club like Hibs, he is everything wrong with the Scottish game, puts digs & challenges in but as soon as anyone is near him he is in a league of his own in going down & conning refs, linesmen & dallas. I would rather be nice to my ex missus than see that spoiling cheat anywhere near any Hibs team I followed. He is the pits amongst Scottish players, I reckon he is a bigger diver than mikolooney from the dark side! Tell me a bigger diver in the S.P.L. the now?

I agree that scottish football, and Lee Miller has a problems with going down to easy. But thats the problem with you coffin dodgers :wink:, things change and you cant keep up. Football is changing, players are going down easy under a challenge, if you dont change you get left behind.

I am not saying that Hibs should start diving all over the place, but things have changed and players will go down at the slightest of touches.

A bigger diver this season, Nish, he is on his backside when he gets near a defender. Mickey Stewart, he tried to get a bottle sent off that wasnt even on the pitch. and here is a serious one, Suso is a diving little turd!

RMG_82
10-12-2009, 07:35 AM
i dont like Lee Millers face so no thanks

Not seen or heard much about Swanson but mind u i am miles away

If he is a typical winger he'd be a welcome addition. It seems wingers that hit the byline and get crosses in are a dying breed.

bring back crunchie! :greengrin

basehibby
10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Lee Miller would be great....

....for the Scottish Ballet :bitchy:

Diving barsteward can GTF :bye: