PDA

View Full Version : NHC dan petrescu

hibee92
08-12-2009, 06:49 PM
will hold talks with the SFA over the scotland job this week - says if he gets the job his assistant will be scottish

thoughts?

bingo70
08-12-2009, 06:56 PM
will hold talks with the SFA over the scotland job this week - says if he gets the job his asst will be scottish

He's done a hell of a job with his current club, would be a strange move for him at this stage of his career though.

I don't think there's any outstanding Scottish candidate so someone like him with an experienced Scotsman like Joe Jordan may well be the way to go.

thekaratekid
08-12-2009, 07:00 PM
would he try for Steve Clarke as his number 2 ?

BigKev
08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
will hold talks with the SFA over the scotland job this week - says if he gets the job his assistant will be scottish

thoughts?

Where did you see this about mate? Be surprised if the SFA showed ambition and went for someone like him tbh!

He's done a hell of a job with his current club, would be a strange move for him at this stage of his career though.

I don't think there's any outstanding Scottish candidate so someone like him with an experienced Scotsman like Joe Jordan may well be the way to go.

I agree. It would be an odd move but maybe he's seen what happened with McLeish and sees the Scotland job as a gateway to the Premiership.

I'd quite like to see JC in as part of any new set up.

hibee92
08-12-2009, 07:03 PM
it was breaking news on bbc mate

Dropkick Murphy
08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8402689.stm

BigKev
08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
it was breaking news on bbc mate

Good man - cheers :thumbsup:

bingo70
08-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Where did you see this about mate? Be surprised if the SFA showed ambition and went for someone like him tbh!

I agree. It would be an odd move but maybe he's seen what happened with McLeish and sees the Scotland job as a gateway to the Premiership.

I'd quite like to see JC in as part of any new set up.

It was on the BBC news, not just a 'bbc understands' but they actually gave a quote that he wanted a scottish assistant if he gets the job.

Suppose as much as we don't like it, if we want a top manager, using it as a gateway to the Premiership might be the best way to sell the job.

My main concern with appointing a good young foreign manager is that all it'd do is paper over the cracks for a year or two.

iwasthere1972
08-12-2009, 07:07 PM

thoughts?

Not for me. Berti Vogts has put me right off having a foreign coach in charge of Scotland especially one with little experience. Granted he has done well with his current club but I would prefer someone to come in who knows the players and can get our Euro 2012 campaign off to a good start.

thekaratekid
08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8402689.stm

"John Hughes has said he already has his dream job at Hibs"

:greengrin

dirtydirk
08-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Steve clark is the highest paid assistant in the premier league so that wont be happening. Would think maybe ricky sbragia for number 2

steakbake
08-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I would be delighted if Petrescu got the Scotland gig.

The parallels with Berti Vogts are totally pointless. Why should a foreign coach be totally out because of Vogts? Is no-one put off a Scottish coach because of Burley?

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2009, 07:26 PM
The parallels with Berti Vogts are totally pointless. Why should a foreign coach be totally out because of Vogts? Is no-one put off a Scottish coach because of Burley?

:agree: I don't know if Petrescu's the best bet we have but I agree with the Berti Vogts nonsense that gets spouted.

joe breezy
08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I heard the assistant is John Collins...from a Celtic fan at work

Andy74
08-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Dunno about this. From listening to the radio at the weekend his agent seems to have some friends at the bbc and they have been flogging his candidacy. I doubt this is much more than the agent keeping the name at the forefront through the BBC.

ancient hibee
08-12-2009, 09:07 PM
The lunatics have definitely taken over the asylum.

bingo70
08-12-2009, 09:09 PM
The lunatics have definitely taken over the asylum.

You don't fancy him getting the job then?

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Is there anyone called ryeski avenue touting him for the post on the tartan army message boards?

lyonhibs
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Dan Petrescu for the Scotland job - I'd take that in a New York minute :agree: :agree:

Decidely better option than just picking someone Scottish so they'll know the words to Flower of Scotland.

And most importantly as "Dan Petrescu" does NOT equal "Graeme Souness", this potential appointment has my full backing :agree:

GGTTH

Andy74
08-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Naw just chick young. One minute petrescu was saying he wouldn't apply for it the next his agent has sent it in and chick young is giving it large. All agent work this.

bingo70
08-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Naw just chick young. One minute petrescu was saying he wouldn't apply for it the next his agent has sent it in and chick young is giving it large. All agent work this.

Is the "i won't be applying for it" not the standard line for an international job when someones being linked to it despite already being in a job though? Doesn't mean he doesn't want it, just means he doesn't want to piss off or be disrepectfull to his current employers by whoring himself around.

BBC carried the story that he said he wanted a Scottish assistant if he gets the job, wouldn't have thought his agent would have just made that up would he :dunno:

Andy74
08-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Is the "i won't be applying for it" not the standard line for an international job when someones being linked to it despite already being in a job though? Doesn't mean he doesn't want it, just means he doesn't want to piss off or be disrepectfull to his current employers by whoring himself around.

BBC carried the story that he said he wanted a Scottish assistant if he gets the job, wouldn't have thought his agent would have just made that up would he :dunno:

Yeah I think he is interested but I think the profile is being given to this by his agent pushing it through the BBC not through him or the sfa.

jdships
08-12-2009, 09:34 PM
In the absence of a single credible Scottish candidate why not Petrescu ?
SRU turned to Robinson , from England, as their coach and he has certainly made a good impression early doors !

bingo70
08-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah I think he is interested but I think the profile is being given to this by his agent pushing it through the BBC not through him or the sfa.

Aye, that makes sense.

Thought it sounded a bit left field for the SFA :wink:

IWasThere2016
08-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm wi Andy - total kack of a story IMHO

bighairyfaeleith
08-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I heard the assistant is John Collins...from a Celtic fan at work

That'll be that then :greengrin

hibbie02
09-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Errrr Auld Pet Rescue has just had the Bum's Rush from the SFA. Apparently the "Blazers" have taken the cream puff about the news of the meeting getting out. :cool2:

heretoday
09-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Can I be the first to predict the tabloid headline:"International Rescue for Dan"?

hibbie02
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Dan is not the man to (Pet) Rescue Scotland........... :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I have no idea how anyone can say either way, he is the man for the job or not?:confused:

Andy74
09-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I have no idea how anyone can say either way, he is the man for the job or not?:confused:

Agreed, I fail to see the excitement. Based on what? He was a decent player who has managed to win a game against Rangers as manager?

ancient hibee
09-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Agreed, I fail to see the excitement. Based on what? He was a decent player who has managed to win a game against Rangers as manager?
Would that be the same Rangers who many on here(not me)think are the worst Rangers team ever?

bingo70
09-12-2009, 08:07 PM

It's more that he's managed to take a team from a town smiliar in size to Peterhead to becoming Romanian champions and competing in the champions league, did they not beat Seville as well?

The Scotland manager will have to be good at dealing with having less resources than the teams he's competing with, so far in his managerial career he's managed to do that really well.

That said, i agree with Blackpool that i don't know enough about his managerial career to say for definate one way or another if he'd be good or not, i just think saying he's being judged purely for beating rangers is a bit unfair though.

Andy74
10-12-2009, 09:48 AM
It's more that he's managed to take a team from a town smiliar in size to Peterhead to becoming Romanian champions and competing in the champions league, did they not beat Seville as well?

The Scotland manager will have to be good at dealing with having less resources than the teams he's competing with, so far in his managerial career he's managed to do that really well.

That said, i agree with Blackpool that i don't know enough about his managerial career to say for definate one way or another if he'd be good or not, i just think saying he's being judged purely for beating rangers is a bit unfair though.

Do you know what's happening in Romania? What's happened to the bigger teams, how are his team bering funded?

In any case, I was right about this being an agent led story to the point that the SFA have cancelled an informal discussion with the agent due to it being publicised.