PDA

View Full Version : Current Team Or CIS Team

AugustaHibs
08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Would you rather have the current team or the team that won us the CIS Cup?

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
This team cause its got Riordan in it.

lyonhibs
08-12-2009, 04:48 PM
The current team has - as yet - won exactly hee-haw.

For that reason alone, I'll take the CIS Cup winning side, though the current starting 11 is shaping up very nicely.

Hibster
08-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Hard to say. Think I'd just about prefer to have the likes of Riordan, Miller and Murray over Fletcher, Brown and Murphy - only just though - so I'll go with the current team I reckon

Hibercelona
08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
This side.

The other side won us the CIS cup. Then went on to do the square root of f' all. :agree:

This side maybe hasn't won anything thus yet. But they give it their all, and results and league position show this.

I'd much rather have a side that gets results consistantly, than a side that occational pumps a team, but lets you down 90% of the time.

In saying that.... I'd still gladly take back the skills of Murphy and Brown...

lucky
08-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Has to be the CIS team simply cos they won 1 cup and semi of the other. This team has won nothing lost at home in the league cup. This team may go on to league champs and SC winners but it is to early to compare them as better or equals

euro Hibby
08-12-2009, 05:15 PM
CIS team has gone so prefer the current team which still could win something.

jgl07
08-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Would you rather have the current team or the team that won us the CIS Cup?
The reason Hibs have the current team is that they couldn't afford to keep Scott Brown, Steven Whittaker, David Murphy, Steven Fletcher, Rob Jones etc.

It is a bit of a meaningless question.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
McNeil or Stack

Whittaker or wotherspoon
Murphy or Murray
Hogg
Jones or Bamba

Stevenson or McBride
Buezelin or Miller
Brown or Zemmama

Fletcher or Riordan
Benji or Nish
Sproule or Stokes

5-5 for me

Stack is an obvious one

Wotherspoon is coming along nicely, but Whittaker still far far ahead
Murphy and Murray both fantastic players, but Murphy edges it with his attacking
Modern day Hogg is far better than the one that played back then
Bamba is a better all rounder than Jones, doesnt have the leadership but allows us to play further the the field

McBride without a doubt, although would be a different question if Stevenson played like he did in the final more often
Miller a better all rounder than Boozy, both are very good players
Brown without a doubt

Riordan/Fletch is a very tough call, Riordan will get more goals therefore him
Nish/Benji, if we had the Benji of 06/07 we would have a very potent weapon
Sproule every time over Stokes.

Hibercelona
08-12-2009, 05:53 PM
McNeil or Stack

Whittaker or wotherspoon
Murphy or Murray
Hogg
Jones or Bamba

Stevenson or McBride
Buezelin or Miller
Brown or Zemmama

Fletcher or Riordan
Benji or Nish
Sproule or Stokes

5-5 for me

Agree with all of them except the 2nd top one. :agree:

I think D is turning out to be a player that Witty could only ever dream about becoming. :cool2:

Dunbar Hibee
08-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Agree with all of them except the 2nd top one. :agree:

I think D is turning out to be a player that Witty could only ever dream about becoming. :cool2:

Fully agree:agree:

Billychaotic182
08-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Whittaker or wotherspoon
Murphy or Murray
Hogg
Jones or Bamba

Stevenson or McBride
Buezelin or Miller
Brown or Zemmama

Fletcher or Riordan
Benji or Nish
Sproule or Stokes

:notworthy:

Even with that said i would rather have the CIS team. This team have not won anything so for that reason alone am going with the CIS team

James70
08-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Although the current team are high up the league and on a long unbeaten run the number of great performances from them have been far and few between. When they are good (like last Saturday)they are very impressive but they can also be very poor. We still lack consistency and are a work in progress but a long way from the finished article. Not many Hibs teams win trophies so it has to be the CIS team for me.

hibsbollah
08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
The current team didnt have a mumping Michael Stewart on the bench, which every good team needs.

Westie1875
08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
The current team, the cup team is the one that went whining to Rodders behind JC's back and was full of primadonnas who didn't want adapt to new training/fitness methods. :devil::duck:

Woody1985
08-12-2009, 07:33 PM
This side.

The other side won us the CIS cup. Then went on to do the square root of f' all. :agree:

This side maybe hasn't won anything thus yet. But they give it their all, and results and league position show this.

I'd much rather have a side that gets results consistantly, than a side that occational pumps a team, but lets you down 90% of the time.

In saying that.... I'd still gladly take back the skills of Murphy and Brown...

What he said.

Andy74
08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
McNeil or Stack

Whittaker or wotherspoon
Murphy or Murray
Hogg
Jones or Bamba

Stevenson or McBride
Buezelin or Miller
Brown or Zemmama

Fletcher or Riordan
Benji or Nish
Sproule or Stokes

5-5 for me

Stack is an obvious one

Wotherspoon is coming along nicely, but Whittaker still far far ahead
Murphy and Murray both fantastic players, but Murphy edges it with his attacking
Modern day Hogg is far better than the one that played back then
Bamba is a better all rounder than Jones, doesnt have the leadership but allows us to play further the the field

McBride without a doubt, although would be a different question if Stevenson played like he did in the final more often
Miller a better all rounder than Boozy, both are very good players
Brown without a doubt

Riordan/Fletch is a very tough call, Riordan will get more goals therefore him
Nish/Benji, if we had the Benji of 06/07 we would have a very potent weapon
Sproule every time over Stokes.
There's not a chance I'd swap stokes for sproule! I'm sure that won't be popular but over the long term I think stokes is the better part of that deal.

hibby al
08-12-2009, 09:35 PM
the current team because there is no point in looking back and comparing .
the final was probably my best day as a hibby because my kids were with me as opposed to 72 and 91 when they wern,t born yet .this team seems to have something about them ,probably the yogi factor ie:work ethic not getting bullied by opposition not being one dimentional like collins team :
see motherwell on saturday ie playing a system they did not have the ability to deliver .I do miss some of the individuals,sproule brown murphy,whitty ,fletch etc but i think this team could deliver something special hopefully the holy grail ,if not a couple of entertaining years then
on to the next incarnation and see what happens

hfc rd
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
The current team. The current is consistent unlike the cis team who won the cis cup and then the following week, they get beat at home to a hearts team who got hammered by dundee united 4-0 at *********** the previous week. The current team are not fussy about training schedules and they get on with it with a professional attitude, while the cis team went straight to petrie's office because they were unhappy about john collins training them to hard. To say that you would prefer to have the cis team just because they won a cup and the current team has won hee-haw is absoulately stupid. The cis team were together for almost a year while this current team have only been together since July. I have no doubt this current team would one day win a trophy as they have the capability of doing so. And also when was the last time the cis team were this close to the old firm?