PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's Loans/Arsenal (merged)

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I was speaking to an arsenal season ticket holder today and he told me that wenger is looking to loan out a few youngsters for experience. He also told me that wenger has stated in the public that he would loan out wilshire.

Im sure yogi has a 'contact' at arsenal and hes always been favourable to loaning , maybe it would be an option we could maybe look into to see us through until the end of the season and hopefully secure third?

Were we not trying to get some Young Arsenal Centre Back in the summer?

Would it be possible?

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I was speaking to an arsenal season ticket holder today and he told me that wenger is looking to loan out a few youngsters for experience. He also told me that wenger has stated in the public that he would loan out wilshire.

Im sure yogi has a 'contact' at arsenal and hes always been favourable to loaning , maybe it would be an option we could maybe look into to see us through until the end of the season and hopefully secure third?

Would it be possible?

Maybe Wenger could lend us Arshavin and Fabregas tae tide us over till the summer :greengrin

Andy74
08-12-2009, 05:24 PM

Would it be possible?

Hughes has said a a couple of times that he was looking at some loans but that the Board had told him to go and build his own team.

Loans are all very well but you can't beat actually owning your own players and being able to count on them for the next 2 or 3 yrs instead of 6mnths or a year.

Levein and Gannon will keep having to refresh their teams whilst Hughes can build his over the next few years hopefully.

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Maybe Wenger could lend us Arshavin and Fabregas tae tide us over till the summer :greengrin

Do you know how many wee midfielders we have :grr::grr:

Part/Time Supporter
08-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Who's already said that he won't go outside the Premier League (not even Championship, let alone SPL).

Petrie's Tache
08-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Would it be possible?

He does, Wenger. However I feel he may want Wilshire to play with a team of a higher calibre than us, as he is already more than capable of holding his own in the Premiership.

I would rather we bought young talent than loaned it, that said loaning is a good way of securing a deal or a stop gap until another opportunity presents itself.

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Hughes has said a a couple of times that he was looking at some loans but that the Board had told him to go and build his own team.

Loans are all very well but you can't beat actually owning your own players and being able to count on them for the next 2 or 3 yrs instead of 6mnths or a year.

Levein and Gannon will keep having to refresh their teams whilst Hughes can build his over the next few years hopefully.

But these six month loans could help us into Europe which will help us attract higher calibre of player. No ?

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Do you know how many wee midfielders we have :grr::grr:

Awrite then Vermaelan :greengrin

Instead of Darren Barr :hmmm:

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Awrite then Vermaelan :greengrin

Instead of Darren Barr :hmmm:

Do you know Barr has been capped for scotland :grr:

Petrie's Tache
08-12-2009, 05:31 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/gavin-hoyte

Until June then Barr for free!

bingo70
08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
He does, Wenger. However I feel he may want Wilshire to play with a team of a higher calibre than us, as he is already more than capable of holding his own in the Premiership.

I would rather we bought young talent than loaned it, that said loaning is a good way of securing a deal or a stop gap until another opportunity presents itself.

His contact was Liam Brady, not sure if Brady still works there though as think he's involved with Republic of Ireland now.

Petrie's Tache
08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
He has shared coaching classes with Wenger and has spoken to him several times sice ref footballing coaching methods and tactics.

Smart arse!

bingo70
08-12-2009, 05:35 PM
He has shared coaching classes with Wenger and has spoken to him several times sice ref footballing coaching methods and tactics.

Smart arse!

Aye but Wenger never understood a word he said

smart arse! :greengrin

Andy74
08-12-2009, 05:38 PM
But these six month loans could help us into Europe which will help us attract higher calibre of player. No ?

Or you buy or bring through your own players who you think will get you into Europe, or whatever the ambitions are.

GreenCastle
08-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Loaned players or not I would be happy if we brought in more quality in January.

Ok they would be here short term - but whats the worst that can happen...they play well and help the club get into Europe ?

Yogi has proved before he can pick up good loan signings, lets hope we some arrive in case we go through an injury hit spell or suspensions add up.

bingo70
08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Loaned players or not I would be happy if we brought in more quality in January.

Ok they would be here short term - but whats the worst that can happen...they play well and help the club get into Europe ?

Yogi has proved before he can pick up good loan signings, lets hope we some arrive in case we go through an injury hit spell or suspensions add up.

The worst that could happen would be that bringing someone in on loan could stop one of our own young players progressing.

cheltenhamhibee
08-12-2009, 05:51 PM

Not Hibs class !!! haha

GreenCastle
08-12-2009, 06:05 PM
The worst that could happen would be that bringing someone in on loan could stop one of our own young players progressing.

A 6 month loan - would that really delay a youngsters progression ?

If anything a good loan signing would influence the youngster.

I am all for our youth system but I also believe possible loan signings that will strengthen the squad is benefical to the club.

euro Hibby
08-12-2009, 06:12 PM
without a reserve league we should have a few more boys out learning the trade. Bounce games don't help too much. Hibs don't have a strong enough pool to call on if injuries and bookings come into the picture. We will lose Bamba in January for 4 games. What if Miller got injured or if we lose Zemmana again. For me the more options available the better !

Haymaker
08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
If we cant get top drawer players in January then a decent loan as cover is fine by me. As someone said we cant build a team around loan players but sometimes a few can help balance the squad as long as they are decent quality themselves!

Ell_Chrisso
08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Buy a couple of players, or sign pre-contracted free agents, which will gradually build the club up in the next few years...

Or

Loan a couple of players, who can instantly make an impact, Potentially win us the Big cup, and secure a european spot this season...

hmm.....:hmmm:

Know which one id rather! :greengrin

thekaratekid
08-12-2009, 06:32 PM
His contact was Liam Brady, not sure if Brady still works there though as think he's involved with Republic of Ireland now.

Wikipedia still has him as head of youth development :agree:

--------
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Smart arse!

Yes, but afterwards Wenger was asked what he thought of the way Hughes conducted a class.

"I'm sorry, I did not see what happened there...." :devil:

HFC 0-7
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM

I agree, but given the position we are in I think loans would be a good option. Where Hibs and Dundee Utd will struggle is with Injuries and Suspensions. Hibs have money to spend on players yes, but we could probably get a player on loan that we couldnt afford in terms of wages and fees if bought. If Hibs got second place (Or at a stretch first), and got a decent couple of european fixtures we would get a lot of cash and then we could maybe make some of the loan deals permanent.

I think at the begining of the season Yogi had to sign as the team was weak, and without signings they would go back to being weak when the loans ran out. I think the board will change their view.

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree, but given the position we are in I think loans would be a good option. Where Hibs and Dundee Utd will struggle is with Injuries and Suspensions. Hibs have money to spend on players yes, but we could probably get a player on loan that we couldnt afford in terms of wages and fees if bought. If Hibs got second place (Or at a stretch first), and got a decent couple of european fixtures we would get a lot of cash and then we could maybe make some of the loan deals permanent.

I think at the begining of the season Yogi had to sign as the team was weak, and without signings they would go back to being weak when the loans ran out. I think the board will change their view.

I think getting second would be a stretch, first would be dreamland.

bingo70
08-12-2009, 07:57 PM
A 6 month loan - would that really delay a youngsters progression ?

If anything a good loan signing would influence the youngster.

I am all for our youth system but I also believe possible loan signings that will strengthen the squad is benefical to the club.

If we'd brought in a young Arsenal youngster to play right back for the first half of the season then Wotherspoon wouldn't have had as much game time as he's had so i do think a 6 month loan deal could delay one of own youngsters progression.

jdships
08-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Or you buy or bring through your own players who you think will get you into Europe, or whatever the ambitions are.

Got to go along with that !
"Loans" are fine if you have an injury list or fighting relegation but not the way forward if you are aiming for Europe

:flag:

CRAZYHIBBY
08-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I dont know if this has been mentioned but i heard on real radio this afternoon it says jack wilshere was not interested in a loan move to any of the old firm but would consider another SPL side..:agree:

joe breezy
08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I dont know if this has been mentioned but i heard on real radio this afternoon it says jack wilshere was not interested in a loan move to any of the old firm but would consider another SPL side..:agree:

Really? That's surprising, yes please

Woody1985
08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I heard that people on RealRadio talk *****.

Steve20
08-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I heard that people on RealRadio talk *****.

This is true. A complete joke of a station.

bingo70
08-12-2009, 08:40 PM

No offence but I think you may have misheard that TBH, he was saying yesterday that he would consider a loan move but didn't want to go to a club that wasn't in the premiership which is why it was being described as a snub to the old firm.

ancient hibee
08-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Real Radio should concentrate on Fantasy Football.

mentalhibee
08-12-2009, 08:41 PM
It was in the metro that he didn't fancy a move to the old firm but would consider a move to another ENGLISH premiership side on loan!

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Arsenal would not loan him to another prem side.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
No offence but I think you may have misheard that TBH, he was saying yesterday that he would consider a loan move but didn't want to go to a club that wasn't in the premiership which is why it was being described as a snub to the old firm.

none taken :greengrin ....Its funny how you can hear one thing and make something up in your head, the funny thing is ive been telling everyone that we might be in with a chance of getting him on loan:greengrin....hope ive not started a rumour:faf:

bingo70
08-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Arsenal would not loan him to another prem side.

Why not? he loaned a couple of players to birmingham a couple of seasons ago when they were in the premiership.

He will just say he can't play against Arsenal, IMO he'll probably go on loan to one of the teams in the lower half of the Premiership

crewetollhibee
08-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Noticed that Rosicky hasn't looked the same since returning from injury, and could maybe benefit from a loan spell at another club. :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Do you know Barr has been capped for scotland :grr:

So was Michael Stewart.

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 09:10 PM
So was Michael Stewart.

And hes played for Man U ... Sign Him up!!

greenlex
08-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Does the laddie play a similar position to Van Persie? I thought Van Persie had a longish term injury. Would be surprised if Wenger let him go out on loan if this is the case.

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Noticed that Rosicky hasn't looked the same since returning from injury, and could maybe benefit from a loan spell at another club. :devil:

:hilarious :hilarious

Maybe get Van Persie in January for a swap deal with Nish :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Look I know we are having a good season, but, Wilshire on loan, in the words of The Scousers on The Harry Enfield Show - calm down, calm down! I hope to be proved wrong though!

GreenCastle
08-12-2009, 10:00 PM
If we'd brought in a young Arsenal youngster to play right back for the first half of the season then Wotherspoon wouldn't have had as much game time as he's had so i do think a 6 month loan deal could delay one of own youngsters progression.

But maybe if we had a proper right back then Wotherspoon could have played his natural right midfield postion :wink:

I think there is a difference between bringing players midway through the season compared to the start - the way I see it is that the finishing line is in sight and the team just need a little extra to get them there - whether is be a cup run or challenging for Europe.

You could then argue that the youngster would develop more as they would have the experience of Europe or a cup final - when before they might have not got there.

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Does Yogi really ken Wenger?

Wouldnt mind a wee tie in with Arsenal, they have kids in abundence to at youth level.

GreenCastle
08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/evening-news-edinburgh-scotland/mi_7832/is_2005_Nov_17/chelsea-ready-hibs-player-plan/ai_n34115541/

Were Hibs really close to that Chelsea link up or was it just all talk :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Does Yogi really ken Wenger? Wouldnt mind a wee tie in with Arsenal, they have kids in abundence to at youth level. Yogi says they are best mates, but, Wenger said he has never seen him! ;-)

bingo70
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/evening-news-edinburgh-scotland/mi_7832/is_2005_Nov_17/chelsea-ready-hibs-player-plan/ai_n34115541/

Were Hibs really close to that Chelsea link up or was it just all talk :confused:

Think it came out later that they basically wanted to take all our best young players and in turn would give us a loan of there young players, as much as it'd sound good to have a link up with chelsea that would have been a rubbish deal for us.

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Yogi says they are best mates, but, Wenger said he has never seen him! ;-)

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

:top marks

:greengrin

Haymaker
08-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Does Yogi really ken Wenger?

Wouldnt mind a wee tie in with Arsenal, they have kids in abundence to at youth level.

It may be that when Hughes did his A licence (has he been invited on the prolicence course and hold one?) he may have had a lecture from Wenger. Its usually Wenger, SAF, Lippi, Capello or some other big gun who does the guest lecture spot...

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Arsenal have ten teenagers in the team for tomorrows night CL game :Ummm:

The average age will be twenty :hilarious.

Wengers confirms that Wilshire will be allowed to go on loan also :hmmm:

hibeeleicester
08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Arsenal have ten teenagers in the team for tomorrows night CL game :Ummm:

The average age will be twenty :hilarious.

Wengers confirms that Wilshire will be allowed to go on loan also :hmmm:

Id love hibs just to try and even negotiate a loan deal with arsenal, if you dont ask you dont get!

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Id love hibs just to try and even negotiate a loan deal with arsenal, if you dont ask you dont get!

Pretty sure we got Dean Shiels from Arsenal too?..and didnt yogi get Stokes from Arsenal for Falkirk?

Pedantic_Hibee
08-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Pretty sure we got Dean Shiels from Arsenal too?..and didnt yogi get Stokes from Arsenal for Falkirk?

:agree:

I believe he got Graham Barrett from Arsenal at well whilst with Falkirk.

bingo70
08-12-2009, 10:32 PM

He also got Cregg from arsenal for Falkirk, his contact there was Liam Brady but during the years he may well have got to know Wenger as well, whether it be training courses or just keeping in touch about those loan players he had.

hfc rd
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I would love Wilshere to come to ER. But I just can't see it. Wishere said he would only go on loan to another EPL side. But I think we could still get one of there other youngsters on loan, Gavin Hoyte? Or how about Ritchie De Laet from Manchester United, Or Jadan Vidal who is supposed be very versatile (like Ian Murray) from Manchester City. But with Yogi's signings so far I just can't think of anyone who has been a very poor signing.

lapsedhibee
08-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Does the laddie play a similar position to Van Persie?

No. Wilshere plays in the middlefield.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2009, 10:51 PM

Yes and yes :greengrin

StokePogesHibs
08-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I have to admit to watching the 'Hibs of the South' every second week in the Emirates and as luck/misfortune has it, sit behind an English Yam fan. He has been getting it tight all season....and does not always appreciate the updates from our unbeaten run.

Any of the Arsenal youngsters would benefit hibs on loan but I think Wilshere is too near the first team to spare in the current injury situation.

Hull and Villa are good warm ups for my trip home to see Hibs at St Johnstone and against the yams. The pitches might just be too soft for Van Persie's ankle.

GGTH

Mibbes Aye
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Surprised Wilshere's going on loan. Appreciate Wenger's comments but he tends to play his midfielders, however young, in the first-team and it's more often the defenders who have to go away to get the regular ninety minutes. Lot of pressure for places though, with Rosicky back, and Arshavin and Ramsey competing, depending on the formation.

Think Wenger's already said he wants him to go to EPL, or a top Championship side. It's surely as much about game time in a side that passes the ball, as anything. Still means there'll be enough higher-profile options than us to make it unlikely that we'll ever see him.

As good as the players who ended up at Hibs and Falkirk are, Wilshere is surely a level above. Would be exquisite in the extreme to have a player of his undoubted talent at ER but wouldn't be unhappy with one of the "lesser lights" who maybe won't quite be cracking it at the Emirates fetching up on our doorstep, if that's the road Yogi wants to take us down.

Franck is God
09-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I like that the board would rather sign a player and have them contracted to Hibs long term rather than a short term fix so Yogi can build a side for this year and years to come.

However if a player became available (i.e like a Murphy, Shiels, Boozy) for loan as he only has 6 months to a year left on their contract at a Premiership club and for whatever reason they have failed to make the break through to the first team. That is the kind of player I'd hope Hibs would be interested in taking with a view to a permanent deal.

That kind of thing would be good for Hibs, the player in question and the club he's arriving from.

By the way I've not heard anything about a player arriving just pointing out a positive way that the loan system can be used to our advantage.

God Petrie
09-12-2009, 12:30 PM

It was true but Chelsea only wanted to do it if the players they loaned us were guaranteed a start therefore Hibs quite rightly told them where to go.

Scooter
09-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Us talking about getting Wiltshire IMO is as bad as heart saying they are getting world cup stars!! Would love to be proved wrong.

He may have a contact at arsenal, but he has great ties with the north east especially Sunderland. As I understand we were going to sign another keeper before stack but they phoned and said don't.

BTW stack is a former arsenal player

Franck is God
09-12-2009, 12:39 PM
It was true but Chelsea only wanted to do it if the players they loaned us were guaranteed a start therefore Hibs quite rightly told them where to go.

I also heard that the cross border loan system was a bit of a stumbling block, during the season players can move on loan from Premiership to Championship or lower league clubs month to month but I think if we were to have a player they can only move and be registered as players in the transfer windows.

I suppose it will be the same in Scotland, all pro's will be registered players with the SFA so if they move to another club the registration doesn't really change however if they were to move to a different country and football association they could only register during a transfer window.

Green_one
09-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Injured, I believe.