PDA

View Full Version : Moaner McGhee

hibhib7
08-12-2009, 10:38 AM
He's accusing refs of trying to ban tackling from the game - this is the same guy who slated Ian Murray for a perfectly fair and legitimate challenge on young Fyvie. It seems he only wants tackling when it is his side who are doing it. I actually agree that the present crop of refs are showing far too many cards for trivial incidents but it sticks in the craw to listen to managers always saying that their own teams are getting a raw deal when, in fact, we are all suffering from incompetent refereeing. The last few games at ER have almost been ruined by whistle-happy refs, and both sides have suffered.

Baader
08-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Wish Mr McGoo would take a leave out of Jim Gannon's book - and just shut the **** up!!

Jonnyboy
08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
McGhee takes being unprofessional in the job to a high level. After their humping at Ibrox he publicly slated one or two of his players when in fact he should have dealt with them privately. He explained in his interview that he'd given a rollicking to Michael Paton for losing his man at the first goal and had said something like "Do you want me to pat you on the head and say don't do it again" which to my mind is something that didn't need to be said publicly. Paton is a young laddie learning his trade and yes he should be told where he went wrong but he should not IMO have that "discussion" aired in public.

Mixu did something similar with Paul Hanlon but I genuinely believe that Mixu meant no harm whereas McGhee knew exactly what he was doing.

Also, McGhee moans perpetually and I'm almost dreading Hibs going up there to face Aberdeen as I suspect he will use Ian Murray's "overly robust" tackle to fire his players up and that some of our guys might find themselves on the end of hefty challenges.

oconnors_strip
08-12-2009, 01:45 PM
i can see a couple of red cards when we go to pittodrie next saturday. doesnt matter who the ref is he is going to feel under some pressure from all off mcghee's nonsense.

jacomo
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
i can see a couple of red cards when we go to pittodrie next saturday. doesnt matter who the ref is he is going to feel under some pressure from all off mcghee's nonsense.

Yogi is pretty cute, I'm sure he'll be well aware of the potential difficulties in this game. We can stand off Aberdeen at Pittodrie and wait for them to get frustrated, then take our chances.

machibby
08-12-2009, 02:25 PM
McGhee takes being unprofessional in the job to a high level. After their humping at Ibrox he publicly slated one or two of his players when in fact he should have dealt with them privately. He explained in his interview that he'd given a rollicking to Michael Paton for losing his man at the first goal and had said something like "Do you want me to pat you on the head and say don't do it again" which to my mind is something that didn't need to be said publicly. Paton is a young laddie learning his trade and yes he should be told where he went wrong but he should not IMO have that "discussion" aired in public.

Mixu did something similar with Paul Hanlon but I genuinely believe that Mixu meant no harm whereas McGhee knew exactly what he was doing.

Also, McGhee moans perpetually and I'm almost dreading Hibs going up there to face Aberdeen as I suspect he will use Ian Murray's "overly robust" tackle to fire his players up and that some of our guys might find themselves on the end of hefty challenges.

I think MGhee has show himself to be interested in one thing only and that is himself. Reminds me alot of Laszlo, anything done right is his doing and anything done wrong someone elses. Thinking back to when they were thumped in Europe, McGhee's first reaction was to state he'd been made to look a fool - rather than saying he was sorry for the fans or the club.
Aberdeen is what he sees as another step in the ladder and woe betide anyone who prevents his climb.