PDA

View Full Version : Arabs v Huns next Tuesday - what do we want? (merged)

Juice-Terry
08-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I would have thought so.... Thoughts?

'Mon the Cabbage!

The_Todd
08-12-2009, 10:41 AM
We've got to look to the teams above us, so Rangers to lose please. We've got a responsibility to keep ahead of United ourselves but any help in overtaking either Bigot Sister will be greatly appreciated.

GlesgaeHibby
08-12-2009, 10:43 AM

'Mon the Cabbage!

Nope. I want to see the Huns beat in as many games as possible.

Part/Time Supporter
08-12-2009, 10:46 AM
United to win, any time anyone else beats one of those two it increases the perception that something is possible this season and increases the pressure on them.

Andy74
08-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Utd to win please.

We are more likely to outrun Utd than Rangers so we need others to beat them as often as possible.

Phil MaGlass
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
United to win,we can beat United.

anything that bu99ers up the OF is a plus for Scottish fitba,and it can only cost the OF dear in the future.

MyJo
08-12-2009, 11:06 AM
i'd settle for a draw, United have got an easy 3 points against the yams next week so the last thing i would want is for them to be picking up more points before we head into a tough schedule of games.

a few injuries and suspensions in time for us to play the huns would be good though :greengrin

Love the Green
08-12-2009, 11:15 AM

'Mon the Cabbage!

Think at this time we need to concentrate on creating a gap between ourselves and anyone who can threaten us for 3 rd place which guarantees european footie. so a draw would do me....after January if we are still in such a good position then we can look at overtaking the ugly sisters....United and m/well have had good results agins 1 or both of the US so the chances of them taking more from them is minimum..however think we can take points of the US at some stage in the season.

"keep the faith":wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-12-2009, 11:19 AM
United to win and then we beat United. Rangers to lose as many games as possible between now and when we meet them so that confidence wise they are down to the bare bones by the time we play them.

bathhibby
08-12-2009, 11:19 AM
A draw ple and some serious injuries to Boyd & Bughera.

Andy74
08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Think at this time we need to concentrate on creating a gap between ourselves and anyone who can threaten us for 3 rd place which guarantees european footie. so a draw would do me....after January if we are still in such a good position then we can look at overtaking the ugly sisters....United and m/well have had good results agins 1 or both of the US so the chances of them taking more from them is minimum..however think we can take points of the US at some stage in the season.

"keep the faith":wink:

Can't really work like that though, if you want to look at it in January and then try and close the gap you'd surely be better with a smaller gap to start with?

Nothing is handed out in January, including third place. You have to think that Utd can drop more points than Rangers for the rest of the season and that we are more liklely to beat Utd when we play them.

No point being well clear in third place and then that's it, you have no chance of catching second.

We are level on points with second just now so they are are our priority to get past.

Keith_M
08-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I'd prefer a United win, even if it meant them moving a point above Hibs for the time being.

As said previously, I can see Utd dropping more points in the latter stages than Der Hun, so this would be better for Hibs in the long run.

However, it's really just up to Hibs to do the best in their own games and see where it takes them.

TheBall'sRound
08-12-2009, 11:28 AM
United to make best use of their team before the loan signings bugger off and the injuries/multiple game suspensions kick in.

Bigger picture people! They can't keep 11 men on the park at the best of times! A Rangers defeat every day of the week.

Craig_in_Prague
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Would be happy with anything other than a Huns win. :agree:

If UTD win, then it tightens it all up at the top and we're right in touch of the OF.
A draw, still keeps things tight, us still above UTD and still right up with the OF.

Can't be too dissapointed with a draw or UTD win.

We could do with the Yams winning on Sat though, and Motherwell beating Celtic.

Russian Hibs Fan
08-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Only Utd win!

basehibby
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
A draw would be the best result for Hibs IMO - keeps the Huns within range while keeping Utd behind us.

While I love seeing the Huns getting beat and would love even more if they finished down the table, I think we have to view Utd as our most likely rivals come the closing stages of the season - for that reason alone I (sort of) hope they don't win.

Saorsa
08-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Draw :agree: but cannae say I'd be too disappointed if the dirty huns got stuffed :greengrin

CyberSauzee
08-12-2009, 12:22 PM
A 3-0 Utd win (assuming we all get the same points on Saturday) would see them rise up to 2nd, we'd stay 3rd and the Huns down to 4th, behind us on goal difference.

Failing that a draw would keep it very tight.

Useless really taking about this though, when we've got a game away to Killie. We should win that and let others worry about what we're doing.

Liberal Hibby
08-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Looks like I'm in a minority, but I'd prefer a Rangers win. Talk of splitting the OF is extremely premature and naive - they're far stronger in depth than we are and even Rangers' straightened financial circumstances gives them a playing budget five or six times the size of ours.

Our main rivals this season are Utd, Motherwell and possibly Aberdeen (or whoever else pops out of the 13 point pack) - a third place finish is important to get a good stab at a Europa run - fourth and July qualifying is a lottery (as we well know).

Baby steps please.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
For me, our target this season is 3rd, and therefore anyone competing with us for that spot we shold be hoping to lose, even if it is to Rangers. Therefore its a hopeful Rangers victory for me, so i can book my ticket to Europe over the summer.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Looks like I'm in a minority, but I'd prefer a Rangers win. Talk of splitting the OF is extremely premature and naive - they're far stronger in depth than we are and even Rangers' straightened financial circumstances gives them a playing budget five or six times the size of ours.

Our main rivals this season are Utd, Motherwell and possibly Aberdeen (or whoever else pops out of the 13 point pack) - a third place finish is important to get a good stab at a Europa run - fourth and July qualifying is a lottery (as we well know).

Baby steps please.

I know what you mean, those baby steps eh. Do you mean like score a goal in inverness.:faf: **** rangers and dundee utd, big giant steps for me, a united win keeps the league tighter, and gives us a better chance. As others have said, lets take care of united when the times come, but the huns are there to challenge now, we might never get a better chance. Dont concede anything to them, thats half the bloody problem.:grr:

Hainan Hibs
08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
After a bit of thought I'll go for a United win. They seem to fall away towards the end of the season.

bighairyfaeleith
08-12-2009, 02:43 PM
happy with a draw of a UTD win, think over the course of the season we will pull away from utd, but also think rangers will pull away from us so actually I don't really care. In fact this post is pretty pointless really, I wouldn't bother reading it in fact, but then you already have so never mind

I'll get ma coat.....again :tumble:

Steve20
08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
At the end of the season, Celtic and Rangers will stiill have the top tow positions, so it's probably best for us if Dundee Utd lose next Tuesday.

The_Todd
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM

Baby steps please.

And it'll come to a premature end if we actually want them to win

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2009, 02:54 PM
After a bit of thought I'll go for a United win. They seem to fall away towards the end of the season.

Nah **** the huns, a united win for me. We dont know how they will react with a good bit of pressure on them from one team, never mind two

Andy74
08-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Baby steps please.

So if you want them to still win in a season when they are very weak when is it you will turn?

This is a good chance to put pressure on them this year and you'd have to admit we were miles ahead of Utd when we played them so we should be reasonably confident of outrunning them over the season.

Rory89
08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Realistically I think 3rd is as good as it's going to get this year, so being level headed you would want a draw or a Rangers win.

However, you can drop tonnes of points and still come third, I don't think we should be relying on other results to try and get us 3rd place at this stage of the season. I'd rather we were just in and around the top 2 for as long as possible, it would be brilliant to be even in with a shout with the season coming to an end.

So, Dundee United win.

Out of interest though, Hearts or Dundee United this weekend? Personally despite what I've just said about not relying on others results, I want Hearts to win as clearly they will be nowhere near us at any point this season. Contradicted myself there I know but there you go.

Leithenhibby
08-12-2009, 03:18 PM
We've got to look to the teams above us, so Rangers to lose please. We've got a responsibility to keep ahead of United ourselves but any help in overtaking either Bigot Sister will be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely spot on..never in a million years would I want a draw..:notworthy:

I would think that come the Jan transfer window we will snap up 1 or 2 to get us over the finish line..

1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th who knows..:greengrin

Alan Thomson
08-12-2009, 03:25 PM
If we win our games (Including Killie on Saturday) it won't matter........but I would still love the Arabs to shaft them both (Huns and Wee huns)

Liberal Hibby
08-12-2009, 03:25 PM
So if you want them to still win in a season when they are very weak when is it you will turn?

This is a good chance to put pressure on them this year and you'd have to admit we were miles ahead of Utd when we played them so we should be reasonably confident of outrunning them over the season.

Obviously I'd like to finish as high as possible - but given it's Hibs we're talking about and the likelihood of them finding new and interesting ways to snatch despair from the jaws of hope - I just think qualifying for Europe has to be the prime focus (as it should be every year). It's only by playing regularly in Europe that we can reach the levels of consistancy needed to really mount a challenge - yeh Rangers may be weak this year - but I suspect the hope of a January fire sale won't either materialise or if it does they'll still bring in replacements. Let's be clear they're no Hearts when it comes to financial basketcaseness - just severely overstretched. For example if Rangers were to half their playing budget in January it would still be three times the size of Hibs - so I'd expect them to still have enough quality to finish ahead of us.

Zimmy
08-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Utd to win, although I think der Hun will win with a couple to spare,

machibby
08-12-2009, 03:29 PM
A draw ple and some serious injuries to Boyd & Bughera.

I'll see your comment and raise you an injury to katie too

danhibees1875
08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
It's a win-win situation with that game - whatever happens we will benefit from the result. So lets just focus on taking care of Killie on saturday and keeping our points tally ticking over.

:notworthy:

Jim44
08-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Rangers to win. Any team taking points from Rangers and Celtic are also realistically gaining three points on us as we can't be sure of taking anything from Rantic, despite their problems.

Hainan Hibs
08-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Nah **** the huns, a united win for me. We dont know how they will react with a good bit of pressure on them from one team, never mind two

Aye, that's what I said:greengrin

Andy74
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Rangers to win. Any team taking points from Rangers and Celtic are also realistically gaining three points on us as we can't be sure of taking anything from Rantic, despite their problems.

Although if we also take care of that team then its two jobs well done.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Aye, that's what I said:greengrin

I have no idea why i quoted your post.:confused::greengrin

CentreLine
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM

:agree: 3-0 to Utd would be good result for us

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Draw :agree: but cannae say I'd be too disappointed if the dirty huns got stuffed :greengrin

Correct.

lyonhibs
08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Any team (except Herts) that humps the Old Firm is A OK with me.

Huns to lose, and lose badly.

jacomo
08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I know what you mean, those baby steps eh. Do you mean like score a goal in inverness.:faf: **** rangers and dundee utd, big giant steps for me, a united win keeps the league tighter, and gives us a better chance. As others have said, lets take care of united when the times come, but the huns are there to challenge now, we might never get a better chance. Dont concede anything to them, thats half the bloody problem.:grr:

:agree:

We all know that finishing 3rd this season will be difficult, let alone above that.

But let's not have any glass ceiling mentality - Rangers (and Celtic) are in the same league as us, so let's at least try and keep the pressure up as long as possible.

Oh, and mon the Arabs.

therealgavmac
08-12-2009, 05:40 PM
It's a win-win situation with that game - whatever happens we will benefit from the result. So lets just focus on taking care of Killie on saturday and keeping our points tally ticking over.

:notworthy:

Agree - we shouldn't be thinking about other teams doing us favours this early in the season - we need to keep our run going and win our games - that's what will put the pressure on the others

WhileTheChief..
08-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Utd win for me. We've got a cracking chance of getting into top spot of the SPL, even just for a Sat night or 1 week.
Imagine it, when's the last time a team outwith the OF was top in Dec/Jan, if ever?
We can battle it out for 3rd in March and April but for now i just want to see Hibs top of the league and savour every minute we're there. :thumbsup:

gerry70
08-12-2009, 09:53 PM
when

when

would you ever want rangers to win a match?

--------
08-12-2009, 09:55 PM
when

when

If they happen to be playing the Yambos in, say this season's CIS Cup Final? :cool2:

HibbyAndy
08-12-2009, 09:57 PM
when

when

When they are playing the Pubteam.

Hibercelona
08-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Do you mean the full fat huns or the semi skimmed huns? :dunno:

My brain tells me that Hearts must win next weekend to give us a chance to take advantage and open up a 5 point gap with Dundee Utd. No need to explain to you what my heart says though! :agree:

As for the full fats. A draw would be the best result for us.

Edit: Sorry, I see that you mean't the full fats.

erin go bragh
08-12-2009, 10:24 PM

'Mon the Cabbage!
a draw and they both drop 2 points:wink:

hfc rd
08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Would like it to be a draw.

thebakerboy
08-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry but I have no bias I dont care who beats the yams the huns the tic or bloody ingerland as long as it happens as often as possible:agree::greengrin:greengrin

mim
09-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Draw for me. I want all of the teams around us to drop points. :agree:

hibee-shtuggie
09-12-2009, 09:52 AM
united 3 - 0 huns

and boyd and bougheera suspended/injured/AWOL....

NAE NOOKIE
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Any result is good for us.

If Utd win we are still well in touch with them and der Hun

A draw keeps us ahead of Utd and well in touch with der Hun

A current bun win cements us into 3rd for a few days at least

And if the Yams can beat Utd on Saturday ( Some hope ) and we can win at Killie then things will be on the up.

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 11:05 PM
sounds like it might be a bit tasty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8404360.stm

Huns have only sold approx 1500 tickets per the audio clip, some sort of unofficial boycott going on. Surely it isn't because they think they're going to be beaten?

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM
sounds like it might be a bit tasty

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8404360.stm

Huns have only sold approx 1500 tickets per the audio clip, some sort of unofficial boycott going on. Surely it isn't because they think they're going to be beaten?

:greengrin

I'm surprised Saturdays traveling hun support has not been mentioned. They failed to sell out their allocation against Falkirk. Big gaps in their end, in fact looking at the pictures, we sold way more than they did there.

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm surprised Saturdays traveling hun support has not been mentioned. They failed to sell out their allocation against Falkirk. Big gaps in their end, in fact looking at the pictures, we sold way more than they did there.

The end where Boyd scored his goals was for Falkirk fans. Huns had the other end and the gazebo.

Brando7
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM
United win for me, they'll drop points again before rangers do

Sir David Gray
09-12-2009, 11:38 PM
My philosophy has always been to want teams that are ahead of us to lose.

However, we are not usually talking about two teams that are 2nd and 4th in the table and immediately above and below us.

My head is telling me to behave myself and be realistic and that we won't get any better than 3rd this season and that Rangers and Celtic will comfortably occupy the top two places. With that in mind, I would obviously want Rangers to win in order to keep Dundee Utd a couple of points behind us.

However, my heart is telling me that this is one of the weakest (if not THE weakest) Rangers sides in my lifetime and that it's also one of the strongest Hibs teams that I have seen. Combine the two together with the fact that we will probably have the opportunity to strengthen in January and Rangers won't, and you get a situation where this is the best opportunity for Hibs to finish above Rangers, and hopefully get 2nd place (or possibly even higher). With that in mind, I would maybe want a draw so that Rangers are only a point ahead of us and Dundee Utd stay behind in 4th, as they are also possible candidates to finish ahead of Rangers this season.

The only outcome that I think we don't want to see in this match is a Dundee Utd victory.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 11:44 PM
The end where Boyd scored his goals was for Falkirk fans. Huns had the other end and the gazebo.

Yes i knew that, but did you not notice the large empty spaces in the end they had?:confused:

HibbyAndy
09-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Draw.

Wouldnt be to dissapointed if Der Hun got skelped tho :agree:

WarringtonHibee
09-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I'd prefer a Utd win, I think it'd be less pressure on us if Dundee United can stay in contention too, until we win it. ;)

matty_f
10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
There's not really a bad result for us in this game - Rangers lose, we drop a place but we're still in touch with everyone, a draw and nobody makes much ground on us, and a Rangers win keeps us in 3rd.

Out of the three though, I'd be happiest with a draw or a Utd win.

IWasThere2016
10-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Let's hope the fall-out off the park - over the match price - spills onto the pitch and there are bodies lying everywhere.

Gotta love Thompson's touche comment at the bottom of this report - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8404360.stm

I'm going along for the hoot! Mon the ref! :greengrin

Joe Baker II
10-12-2009, 09:12 AM
United are usually my second team but given their disgraceful stance on ticket prices hope they get agubbing this Tuesday. Pretty embarassing when they are morally shown up by Rangers.

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Let's hope the fall-out off the park - over the match price - spills onto the pitch and there are bodies lying everywhere.

Gotta love Thompson's touche comment at the bottom of this report - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8404360.stm

I'm going along for the hoot! Mon the ref! :greengrin

That is an absolute stoater of a reply, Im liking the way he goes about his business :faf:

flash
10-12-2009, 09:54 AM
United are usually my second team but given their disgraceful stance on ticket prices hope they get agubbing this Tuesday. Pretty embarassing when they are morally shown up by Rangers.

Yeah that's a good reason to want the Huns to win. :rolleyes:

GlesgaeHibby
10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
The only outcome that I think we don't want to see in this match is a Dundee Utd victory.

Totally Wrong!

The more the huns get beat the better. If they are beat by us and Dundee Utd, and perhaps even sitting fourth come january then players like Bougherra will definitely be offski.

Andy74
10-12-2009, 10:00 AM

So Utd should put themselves out of pocket due to the weather?

Hainan Hibs
10-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Joe Baker II in supporting the Old Firm shocker:yawn:

IWasThere2016
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM

1.5 games = 1.5 ticket prices .. seems spot-on to me Joe :confused:

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
We are jumping the gun a tad here, with a big game (for us they are all big right now) at Killie on Saturday.

It's the classic win-win situ. I'd go for a United win as a) they are more likely too be weaker after the year than the Hun, and b) I just hate hate the Huns and want them to lose every game except against the Jambos (where I want them to win by a sizeable margin and in style) and Celtic (where I want the most tedious and mind-numbing series of goalless draws with plenty bookings and sendings off.

But if the Huns win to cement us in third, or they draw, it'll hardly be reason to cry myself to sleep.

James70
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I would be happy with a draw, both of our rivals dropping two points. Could be invaluable at the end of the season.

Joe Baker II
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Joe Baker II in supporting the Old Firm shocker:yawn:

zzzz - btwI suspect Rangers may have been no better had the situation been reversed. More fundamental point is that had it been Hibs in the same situation many Hibs fans would have been complaining but too many cannot see beyond blind hatred of particualr clubs as some of the responses above indicate. So for once hoping to see United humped by Rangers next week.

btw plenty of United fans condeming club over this, good quote here:

"I was angry before and Dundee Uniteds generic responses to the issue have only made me feel like my support is taken for granted. Some fools think that if you complain then you must be a Gers fan, however its us Arabs who will be more annoyed as its our own club fleecing us.

Fans who turned up in the pouring rain are asked to pay 50% more, yet people who didn't attend the game can get in for 50% less. And if you can't attend, too bad, United won't even offer as much as a partial refund for this, their "best" solution.

United drone on about their costs, well last I checked they didn't have to pay for Police for the full 90 minutes, or Ambulance, or stewards or even electric, yet have kept the full amount paid.

Im an Arab and always will be, yet the way this has been handled is a disgrace. I could never imagine Eddie Thompson or Jim Mclean treating us in such a way, and im sure Eddie would be thoroughly ashamed of his sons attempt to milk the fans.

Im amazed at how short sighted United are being as well. For the sake of £12, they will lose a great deal more through the season, and perhaps the years. I will certainly never attend a game where the when the weather is a bit drab, because if something happens ill be out of pocket. So, money lost for United there, I also know several people who have refused to go to a game until their money is refunded. And seeing as I barely heard a peep from Tanadice during the St Mirren game, something tells me they aren't the only ones.

So, in the short term, im sure the Gers game will be a sell out, made up of fans who didn't go first time around. Long term though, when the frost comes and the stadium is well under half full, they'll regret taking advantage of their fans.

Anyway, support the club and not the caretakers, I say, that's the only thing that stops me getting riled up lol."

Andy74
10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
zzzz - btwI suspect Rangers may have been no better had the situation been reversed. More fundamental point is that had it been Hibs in the same situation many Hibs fans would have been complaining but too many cannot see beyond blind hatred of particualr clubs as some of the responses above indicate. So for once hoping to see United humped by Rangers next week.

btw plenty of United fans condeming club over this, good quote here:

"I was angry before and Dundee Uniteds generic responses to the issue have only made me feel like my support is taken for granted. Some fools think that if you complain then you must be a Gers fan, however its us Arabs who will be more annoyed as its our own club fleecing us.

Fans who turned up in the pouring rain are asked to pay 50% more, yet people who didn't attend the game can get in for 50% less. And if you can't attend, too bad, United won't even offer as much as a partial refund for this, their "best" solution.

United drone on about their costs, well last I checked they didn't have to pay for Police for the full 90 minutes, or Ambulance, or stewards or even electric, yet have kept the full amount paid.

Im an Arab and always will be, yet the way this has been handled is a disgrace. I could never imagine Eddie Thompson or Jim Mclean treating us in such a way, and im sure Eddie would be thoroughly ashamed of his sons attempt to milk the fans.

Im amazed at how short sighted United are being as well. For the sake of £12, they will lose a great deal more through the season, and perhaps the years. I will certainly never attend a game where the when the weather is a bit drab, because if something happens ill be out of pocket. So, money lost for United there, I also know several people who have refused to go to a game until their money is refunded. And seeing as I barely heard a peep from Tanadice during the St Mirren game, something tells me they aren't the only ones.

So, in the short term, im sure the Gers game will be a sell out, made up of fans who didn't go first time around. Long term though, when the frost comes and the stadium is well under half full, they'll regret taking advantage of their fans.

Anyway, support the club and not the caretakers, I say, that's the only thing that stops me getting riled up lol."

I disagree about having a different view if it was Hibs.

I for one wouldn't expect the club to have to be out of pocket due to a weather situation.

So what if I had to pay half to get back in, surely we'd still want the club to be able to meet its payments as in the end its us that suffers anyway if the club has less cash, it's not like anyone is pocketing it.

Have Rangers offered to meet any of the shortfall or are they expecting their opponents to take the hit?

Never again attending a game if the weather is a bit drab as they may end up out of pocket? Taking advantage of fans?

Late entry for the drama queen of the year award!!:greengrin

The_Todd
10-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Of course EwHun CamerHun is firmly on Martin Bains side and thinks United are totally in the wrong.

Thing is, if it were the other way around I'm willing to bet my life on the fact Bain would be charging United fans full price, rather than even giving a 50% discount.

All this from the guy who is quite happy to see a 5% levy imposed on his own fans as well.

Joe Baker II
11-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I disagree about having a different view if it was Hibs.

I for one wouldn't expect the club to have to be out of pocket due to a weather situation.

Other businesses lose out in bad weather and do not neccesarily respond by ripping off their customers.

For once United (to give them some credit here) have actually quoted a figure for "additional security costs" of £23,000. Given this pretty minimal figure sounds about right, and they are charging £12 (Rangers fans who do go will probably cover the £23k alone despite any boycott) and DUFC are getting Sky coverage too, it well deomonstrates how out of order United are and why they deserve a humping next week.

I do agree with Todd that Huns may have been no better in opposite position (and suspect United would not have helped meet any shortfall either) and the 5% charge being out of order, but that does not mean United should not be spared contempt when they are in the wrong.

The_Todd
11-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Other businesses lose out in bad weather and do not neccesarily respond by ripping off their customers.

For once United (to give them some credit here) have actually quoted a figure for "additional security costs" of £23,000. Given this pretty minimal figure sounds about right, and they are charging £12 (Rangers fans who do go will probably cover the £23k alone despite any boycott) and DUFC are getting Sky coverage too, it well deomonstrates how out of order United are and why they deserve a humping next week.

I do agree with Todd that Huns may have been no better in opposite position (and suspect United would not have helped meet any shortfall either) and the 5% charge being out of order, but that does not mean United should not be spared contempt when they are in the wrong.

I see where you're coming from but the hypocrisy of Bain added to the fact that the sight of him makes my skin crawl means I just can't agree with him. Ever.

Andy74
11-12-2009, 10:22 AM

You'll need to explain what amounts to a rip-off? Watching 1 1/2 games for 1 1/2 cost? The first match did take place for a half, facilities were used, people performed their work.

I actually think most fans would feel that their club isn't like any other business, it is you who is directly affected by whether they are out of pocket or not. It's not being pocketed, it is money going to help the club.

I note that if they make any profit from the whole thing its going to charity. Seems reasonable to me. I'm just suggesting that overall costs should be covered and any usual profit should be made, not additional profit for covering 1 1/2 games.

Joe Baker II
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I note that if they make any profit from the whole thing its going to charity. Seems reasonable to me. I'm just suggesting that overall costs should be covered and any usual profit should be made, not additional profit for covering 1 1/2 games.

This is more lying from Thompson, he originally stated there would be no profit made from this game, now he is admitting there may be a profit and is backtracking to try and deflect criticism. What an embarassment, could not have seen his father acting the same way.

As you say many fans accept being ripped off by their own and other clubs, that does not make it right.

Andy74
11-12-2009, 11:20 AM
This is more lying from Thompson, he originally stated there would be no profit made from this game, now he is admitting there may be a profit and is backtracking to try and deflect criticism. What an embarassment, could not have seen his father acting the same way.

As you say many fans accept being ripped off by their own and other clubs, that does not make it right.

Perhaps he is not really expecting, or did not make projections to make profit but he is conceding that it may happen and that it will go to charity if that is the case?

I don't really see the need to demonise someone who in difficult financial times is ensuring his club don't lose money for a situation they had no control over.

If the fans feel paying 1 1/2 times for 1 1/2 games is not fair then they shouldn't go.

If this was Hibs I'd be quite happy to esnure that they didn't lose out. It all works out the same way, the club would just need to put something else up later on to make up for the loss. Directors aren't pocketing the cash.

Huge drama with a lot of stong language being used over practically nothing.

IWasThere2016
11-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Perhaps he is not really expecting, or did not make projections to make profit but he is conceding that it may happen and that it will go to charity if that is the case?

I don't really see the need to demonise someone who in difficult financial times is ensuring his club don't lose money for a situation they had no control over.

If the fans feel paying 1 1/2 times for 1 1/2 games is not fair then they shouldn't go.

If this was Hibs I'd be quite happy to esnure that they didn't lose out. It all works out the same way, the club would just need to put something else up later on to make up for the loss. Directors aren't pocketing the cash.

Huge drama with a lot of stong language being used over practically nothing.

:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
11-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Am I alone in thinking the Huns wouldn't be having this wonderful boycott and taking this marvellously moral stance if a) their team wasn't utter pish and b) there wasn't a better than even chance of them getting horsed on Tuesday?

Danderhall Hibs
11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
So Utd should put themselves out of pocket due to the weather?

Nah they should just claim their insurance policy.