PDA

View Full Version : Matchday Hospitality

Kerrplunk
08-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Just looking for a bit feedback from anyone who has been on a matchday hospitality package in recent times. I am thinking of booking for a game in either Jan/Feb but don't know if i should go for the drinks inclusive package or the cash bar package??

Can anyone who has been recently give me some advice? Is it value for money and something you could see yourself doing again? Also,do you have to book a full table???

:thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
08-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Just looking for a bit feedback from anyone who has been on a matchday hospitality package in recent times. I am thinking of booking for a game in either Jan/Feb but don't know if i should go for the drinks inclusive package or the cash bar package??

Can anyone who has been recently give me some advice? Is it value for money and something you could see yourself doing again? Also,do you have to book a full table???

We were all going to go to the Hun game in hospitality but the club quoted us £130 pp for the members lounge in the North Stand, 2 course hot buffet and beer/wine inclusive.

My family can bevvy but we would have to scoop a ridiculous amount to justify that price imo.

Spoke to a good few people who have tried various hospitality packages and the consensus seems to be that it's good if a little bit pricey. I'm sure it's the same at most clubs.

hibbie02
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I am looking at doing this next year too, but didn't look that impressed either with the facilities or the prices they show online. Would appreciate feedback from someone who has been there.:thumbsup:

bathhibby
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I resemble that remark Esknankhibby.

Kerrplunk
08-12-2009, 11:25 AM
We were all going to go to the Hun game in hospitality but the club quoted us £130 pp for the members lounge in the North Stand, 2 course hot buffet and beer/wine inclusive.

My family can bevvy but we would have to scoop a ridiculous amount to justify that price imo.

Spoke to a good few people who have tried various hospitality packages and the consensus seems to be that it's good if a little bit pricey. I'm sure it's the same at most clubs.

That does seem a bit steep,surely a bit cheaper for a CAT B game though.
Think i will be going down the Cat B route if i do book something.

ronaldo7
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
That does seem a bit steep,surely a bit cheaper for a CAT B game though.
Think i will be going down the Cat B route if i do book something.

Are you a season ticket holder?

If so, you can get packages for cat B games from £68.

Been to the 1875, Gallery, and the Members lounge in the Famous Five. Some with drinks packages and other without. The view from our groups have been that the packages without drinks included seemed to be the best value. Just open a bar tab and get torn in.

The food in all three areas is excellent, and you will not be disappointed.

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Monktonhall 7
08-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Was there on Saturday. £68 because we are ST holders. Glass of wine on arrival, tour of the stadium, met a few of the players and had a chat with Yogi. 3 course meal, drink at half time, with pies. Other drinks paid by ourselves but very reasonable. Lawrie Reilly was a a guest at our table, and Boogie from Radio Forth did the compering. Liam Millar interviewd at the end as MofM. Overall fantastic day, made great by the performance, and even better with results on Sunday. Would recommend you give it a go.

Kerrplunk
08-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the replys folks.

£68 package sounds decent :thumbsup:

Delboy4
08-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Iv'e been invited to the corporate for the Huns game on the 27th - Goin' to get stuck into the bevvy as it's my bank manager who's footin' the bill - Well yae have tae get some of your charges back someway...! :wink:

Woody1985
08-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Was there on Saturday. £68 because we are ST holders. Glass of wine on arrival, tour of the stadium, met a few of the players and had a chat with Yogi. 3 course meal, drink at half time, with pies. Other drinks paid by ourselves but very reasonable. Lawrie Reilly was a a guest at our table, and Boogie from Radio Forth did the compering. Liam Millar interviewd at the end as MofM. Overall fantastic day, made great by the performance, and even better with results on Sunday. Would recommend you give it a go.

Sounds like a great day out!

BigKev
08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
I was in the Edinburgh lounge for the Killie game this season although it was paid for buy someone else!

It was decent enough but if you were paying £60 for it plus your beer on top it could be an expensive day out.

This year they've also cut the time it's open until after the game to half five rather than 6 as it was last season.

It's a good day out all in all but I wouldn't want to be there for a game against any of the OF or against the Yambams - the atmosphere just isn't the same as the East :greengrin

70hibby
08-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Ive been several times and the company that I go with have stopped the inclusive beer as they were finding it difficult to get served and were not getting enough outta it.
Since they started without the drinks package, theres never a problem getting table service and its worked out cheaper...win/win !!!
Not sure if its coincidence or not but service is better when paying for the beer....imo.

Hibs On Tour
08-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Did it loads with clients [usually 1875, occasionally Gallery] and the hospitality is generally excellent. Food is great, set-up is well-run, only downside tends to be the waiting staff - not that many have English as a first language and the drinks service was usually slow and occasionally came back with wrong/missed orders etc. To be fair, whenever we raised issues on the day itself they were sorted out sharpish. Value for money wise I'd say just open yourself a bar tab.

Interestingly we did Tynie hospitality for the recent Derby. Again, very good set-up. Table service was better though - Scots - and the non-language-barrier did make a big difference. Mind you, a LOT dearer however and the seats in the stadium were absolute ****** [way too wee for our collective hobo *****!]

:greengrin

LancsHibs
08-12-2009, 11:46 PM
There should be a good deal for the Scottish Cup game, dont know if anythings been announced yet??
If you go to that one, I'll see you there:greengrin.
You'll have a great day whichever game you go to:thumbsup:

franks
09-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Have been to drinks inclusive and pay bar. Best value is pay bar. Drinks inclusive for category A pay bar category B. You can book a table or just go yourself/with a pal.

We enjoyed it so much a group of us now go twice a season to a Cat B game £68 this season if ST holder.

SaudiHibby
09-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Was in the Gallery for the Falkirk game and have to agree with what's been posted. 90 spondoolees for their package is decent value (the food was good, not great, but good) and the place was packed. 5 of us paid another 90 quid extra for drinks between us over and above what was provided and to be fair the service was good (mainly aussies). Great seats as well, right in fornt of Thicot :greengrin