PDA

View Full Version : Andy McInnes

Ed De Gramo
07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Read his page in the paper today and he was criticising us for not spending enough to challenge the OF and he called Rod tightfisted...

his words (or words to that effect :greengrin)

"Rangers don't offer enough for a player, they get slaughtered...Celtic fail to sign a quality player, they get slaughtered. Hibs won't splash the cash, nobody bats an eyelid"

I know we're third and doing well but for us to even give a moments thought to splashing ridiculous amounts of cash in the hope to challenge for the league is mad...isn't it? :confused:

We're financially is a good shape, we're slowly building a good team and every match is progress under Yogi's guidance....:agree:

Usually agree with most of what McInnes says...but he's a trumpet for saying p!sh like that

matty_f
07-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Read his page in the paper today and he was criticising us for not spending enough to challenge the OF and he called Rod tightfisted...

"Rangers don't offer enough for a player, they get slaughtered...Celtic fail to sign a quality player, they get slaughtered. Hibs won't splash the cash, nobody bats an eyelid"

I know we're third and doing well but for us to even give a moments thought to splashing ridiculous amounts of cash in the hope to challenge for the league is mad...isn't it? :confused:

We're financially is a good shape, we're slowly building a good team and every match is progress under Yogi's guidance....:agree:

Usually agree with most of what McInnes says...but he's a trumpet for saying p!sh like that

Do you think he realises how many players we've signed over the last few seasons?

Not just volumes, but look at the standard - Stokes, Riordan, Miller, Murray, Bamba - even Ma-Kalambay came with a good reputation from Chelsea and commanded a decent fee IIRC (as did AOB).

Jonnyboy
07-12-2009, 11:06 PM

One question - who's Andy McInnes?

Hainan Hibs
07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
1) As stated has he actually looked to see who we have brought in?

2) Has he not looked at the west side of this city and seen what happens when you go and spend far more than you bring in to challenge the Old Firm?

Hibs are doing exactly what they should be doing.

Iain G
07-12-2009, 11:11 PM

Who have we failed to splash the cash on out of interest, maybe Liam Miller or Anthony Stokes or Derek Riordan, confused here :confused:

He sounds like an Old Firm appologist trying to deflect some troubles onto us to detract from the fact that both Rangers and Celtic are rubbish, or a Yam fan trying to distract everyone from laughing at his beloved Jambos by conjouring this rubbish out of thin air...

WindyMiller
07-12-2009, 11:11 PM

He appears to write a hell of a lot about the Huns.

http://www.journalisted.com/andy-mcinnes

Jonnyboy
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
He appears to write a hell of a lot about the Huns.

:thumbsup:

Explains why he doesn't grasp the concept of a club not drowning in debt :wink:

truehibernian
07-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Should he not be writing about why Rangers have 50,000 through the gates every week, have had 10 years worth of Champions League money, Euro success, and merchandising and sponsorship galore, yet still find themselves run by a bank and over £30 million in debt ? Maybe its the Rangers fan in him having a wee go at a team that dares challenge his beloved currants :agree:

truehibernian
07-12-2009, 11:14 PM

Jonnyboy
07-12-2009, 11:15 PM

Hmmm Andy McHuness :greengrin

Jack
07-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Is this the start of the media underhand tactics to destabilise us?
Hold firm comrades the seas are going to get rougher and rougher until we meet der hun after Christmas.
I think anthing short of a 3 goal win for us will see the media continue the onslaught.
If we do get a decent win then I can see the media deserting der hun like the rats they are from a sinking ship.

Fife-Hibee
08-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Hold firm comrades the seas are going to get rougher and rougher until we meet der hun after Christmas.
I think anthing short of a 3 goal win for us will see the media continue the onslaught.
If we do get a decent win then I can see the media deserting der hun like the rats they are from a sinking ship.
#

I wonder how many of our players will be linked with Rankgers before the 27th.:blah::blah::blah:

rainman
08-12-2009, 08:47 AM
A no-mark reporter trying to make a name for himself by talking pish.

KWJ
08-12-2009, 08:51 AM
#

I wonder how many of our players will be linked with Rankgers before the 27th.:blah::blah::blah:

If we're above them leading up to the game it'll be their players linked with us. Could offer a couple of hundred k for Boyd to sit on our bench and Whittaker as back up for DW :wink:

Barney McGrew
08-12-2009, 09:01 AM

Meanwhile, the only player to have arrived at his beloved Ibrox in the last 18 months is Jerome Rothen on loan while they desperately try to punt anything with a value out to keep the bank happy.

Maybe he should spend a bit more time writing about how skint they are.

Andy74
08-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Nobody bats an eye lid??

Hibs have had nothing but stick for years about their selling and limited reinvesting in the playing staff policy!!

I think he'll also find that relative to our turnovers we are vastly over achieving in terms of how close we are to teams with budgets ten times ours.

I presume this guy isn't economics editor or anything?

basehibby
08-12-2009, 09:35 AM

What a complete ersewit of a man :bitchy:

He sees a club like Hibs starting to challenge the OF on the back of YEARS of sensible financial management and rather than praise this as the model to follow he starts slinging mud about - does he suppose that all the clubs in Scotland should go out and spend loads of money they haven't got like his beloved Rankgers??? - I think that's what this guy really wants so that the rest of the league end up up to their eyes in financial dogdoos like the Huns.

No thanks McKinnes - Hibs are doing just fine without your fiscal guidance - you just stick to your Bucky infested dream world of hun supremacy while the rest of us get on with reality :bye:

Kerrplunk
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM

Read this keek yesterday and it really peed me off.
As others have said obviously a glesga apologist starting to run scared.
Also i don't believe that Hibs have ever said they will not be active in the market in January unless i have missed something.

Gus
08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Hibs dont have to justify themselves to this p poor writing from a guy from the dark side.

I do hope that JH brings in a couple of new faces in Jan to keep people on their toes & add some depth to the squad, a wee bit more experience is required imo.

I could count on one hand how many players the OF have that I would take at ER & thats being generous.

--------
08-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Second question - why should anyone on earth take any notice of what he thinks?

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 10:52 AM

They still sore about getting told where to go by the English? They are starting to act like cornered rats.

number 27
08-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I like reading stuff like this. There has been a real change of tone recently from Hun-minded journos, the former attitude was "we are the greatest, no one else matters", now there is an edge of Celtic or Hearts style paranoia.

I think this shows that these guys realise that Rangers are right in trouble and there are no signs of getting out.

The more the OF press are whining the better it is for Scottish football as far as I can see.

Kato
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Spending money you haven't got in Scottish football has been shown to be the most shortsighted policy you could ever adopt. The "Souness Revolution" is where it started and was flawed from the off, it failed in it's main aim - success in Europe. The last 25 years have seen clubs having to re-build grounds and having to compete with the big two spending silly money which now coming back to bite them. Hopefully Hibs will continue to do what we have been doing spending when we can and selling when we have to. Any success it brings will be slow, I can live with that, but at least it won't jeopardize our existence. Journalists are such slow thinkers they still imagine spending money the Souness way is what clubs have to do, even though it's been shown to be idiotic.

Phil MaGlass
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
It never fails to amaze, we dont spend millions on duff players,yet were only a couple of points off top,where, the OF have splashed more cash on one player than we have on a whole team,wtf? Were not in debt,financially stable,were not being run by a bank and were not sinking like a lead balloon,yet were being slated. LONG MAY IT CONTINUE :thumbsup:
If thats the worst they can come up with I do despair, how about doing a piece on how we have lived within our means, paid off our debt, lived on a shoestring and cut our cloth accordingly, brought barrow loads of youngsters through, invested in an academy, attracted good players(Stokes,Miller,(Deeks Back)etc.. to Hibs,how we are playing attractive fitba and are up there fighting the OF along with Utd who in my eyes are also not getting enough press coverage.Mibbe just mibbe, if they focussed on a few of these things they would shift more papers, instead of bending over backwards to accomodate the gruesome twosome.

Mon Dieu4
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Scott Lindsay has a interview in the BBC today about this very point

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8400761.stm

jdships
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM

:top marks

I was friends with Bob Crampsey for many many years and lunched with him regularly.
His passion was football and would reminisce for hours on that subject while his pet hate was journo's who used ,as he called it , " third hand rumours " because they couldn't be bothered researching a story
Among those at the top of his list was Andy McInnes closely followed by Chick "exclusive" Young

:greengrin

--------
08-12-2009, 11:53 AM

I was friends with Bob Crampsey for many many years and lunched with him regularly.
His passion was football and would reminisce for hours on that subject while his pet hate was journo's who used ,as he called it , " third hand rumours " because they couldn't be bothered researching a story
Among those at the top of his list was Andy McInnes closely followed by Chick "exclusive" Young

:greengrin

Great man, Bob C. And a sad loss to the Scottish football scene.

Bob was a 'proper' journalist, IMO - which means he was also a man of great integrity who would never have considered for one moment spreading rumours just for the sake of it (or for the OF's filthy lucre).

The McInneses and Jacksons and Youngs are IMO directly part-responsible for the present parlous state of the game in Scotland.

Their attitude to the OF is the same as the prostitute's attitude to his/her pimp - nothing too humiliating, nothing too gross, nothing too nasty, but if the OF tell them to do it, they do it.

And in the meantime, the real reasons for the ills of the game go unexamined.

[I have the uneasy feeling that I've just been dreadfully unjust to prostitutes and pimps there.....]

jdships
08-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Great man, Bob C. And a sad loss to the Scottish football scene.

Bob was a 'proper' journalist, IMO - which means he was also a man of great integrity who would never have considered for one moment spreading rumours just for the sake of it (or for the OF's filthy lucre).

The McInneses and Jacksons and Youngs are IMO directly part-responsible for the present parlous state of the game in Scotland.

Their attitude to the OF is the same as the prostitute's attitude to his/her pimp - nothing too humiliating, nothing too gross, nothing too nasty, but if the OF tell them to do it, they do it.

And in the meantime, the real reasons for the ills of the game go unexamined.

[I have the uneasy feeling that I've just been dreadfully unjust to prostitutes and pimps there.....]

:thumbsup: Great post
Methinks you may have missed your vocation - ever had the thought of being a Journo ? :wink::greengrin

Used to often meet Bob in National Library of Scotland beavering away at old newspapers researching articles/books

Bumped into him at Hampden immediatly after the '91 cup final and he was as thrilled as we were , my son and I" over Hibs win.
A " man for all seasons" indeed !!

:flag:

--------
08-12-2009, 12:20 PM
:thumbsup: Great post
Methinks you may have missed your vocation - ever had the thought of being a Journo ? :wink::greengrin

Used to often meet Bob in National Library of Scotland beavering away at old newspapers researching articles/books

Bumped into him at Hampden immediatly after the '91 cup final and he was as thrilled as we were , my son and I" over Hibs win.
A " man for all seasons" indeed !!

:flag:

I can't be a journo - I have a bad back, which makes it very difficult for me to bend over the way Chick and Keith and Andy do.

But it's nice of you to say this.

rubber mal
08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Should he not be writing about why Rangers have 50,000 through the gates every week, have had 10 years worth of Champions League money, Euro success, and merchandising and sponsorship galore, yet still find themselves run by a bank and over £30 million in debt ? Maybe its the Rangers fan in him having a wee go at a team that dares challenge his beloved currants :agree:

--------
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM

This would mean he would have to confront the fact that most of the ills of the Scottish game have their roots in the unhealthy dominance of the OF, a dominance itself rooted in the sectarian nature of the ethos of those clubs.

The OF have exploited the sectarian social divisions in the West of Scotland ever since there was an OF. That's how they've always made their money - Rangers the champions of the Protestant side, Celtic the champions of the Irish Catholic side, playing one community off against the other without regard to public safety or order. That's how they got to be as big as they are, and once they got to that size, the rest of the clubs simply could not compete. It's been this way as long as I've watched football.

They achieved market dominance by exploiting religious and ethnic hatred from the moment Celtic came into being in 1888. They did this as a partnership, and by doing so they've reached a place where no other club has a realistic chance of challenging them.

In this they've been assisted by journalistic whores like Young and McInnes and Keevins and McPherson and Jackson and all the others - Bob Crampsey and Arthur Montford, way back in the dim and distant past, were honest men who reristed taking the dirty shilling, but their likes are few and far between nwoadays, I fear.

bighairyfaeleith
08-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Let them stir it, we'll get the laugh on boxing (or the day after even) day.

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM

#

:tee hee: Paranoia rules!

jdships
08-12-2009, 05:11 PM
I can't be a journo - I have a bad back, which makes it very difficult for me to bend over the way Chick and Keith and Andy do.

But it's nice of you to say this.

Mind you with that "ailment" you must feel a lot safer if you end up in the wrong place
:greengrin:devil::wink:

Jack
08-12-2009, 06:02 PM
:tee hee: Paranoia rules!

Aye mibbie, if paranoia means the same thing coincidently happening in the media when any team outwith the OF shows some promise / a challenge every season for as long as I can remember.

Have you not got a deadline to make or a headline to write? :tee hee:

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Aye mibbie, if paranoia means the same thing coincidently happening in the media when any team outwith the OF shows some promise / a challenge every season for as long as I can remember.

Have you not got a deadline to make or a headline to write? :tee hee:

Why would they do it? What's in it for them?

Why was there no damaging exclusive prior to the game at Ibrox a few weeks back?

How would a story in the paper stop a team challenging the OF?