PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts "haemorrhaging money" -- Gary Mackay (merged)

Cropley10
07-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Absolutely priceless:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Gary-Mackay-This-feeling-of.5889101.jp#4683307

Gary MacKay actually says....

"There are ever-increasing rumours within business circles that the club is haemorrhaging money left, right and centre – as a lot of businesses are right now – and I am becoming increasingly concerned."

:faf::faf::faf:

Barney McGrew
07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm glad he's pointed it out.

It always takes the insight of someone like Mackay to see the things that no-one else has noticed.

He probably feel even worse if he had been involved in some kind of staged press photo supporting Vlad's push to punt season tickets to the ever-bending-over-to get-shafted Hertz fans. Just as well he wasn't :hmmm:

hibsbollah
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
From Gary Mackay's insightful Foreign Affairs blog;

"There are ever-increasing rumours around the Middle East that the invasion of Iraq might not have been an overwhelming success."

Baader
07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Mystic Mackay has also predicted there could be a worldwide economic slump "in the next couple of years."

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Absolutely priceless:

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Gary-Mackay-This-feeling-of.5889101.jp#4683307

"There are ever-increasing rumours within business circles that the club is haemorrhaging money left, right and centre – as a lot of businesses are right now – and I am becoming increasingly concerned."

So he should be, he was one of the experts that got Mr Romanov involved in the first place.

It always takes the insight of someone like Mackay to see the things that no-one else has noticed.

He probably feel even worse if he had been involved in some kind of staged press photo supporting Vlad's push to punt season tickets to the ever-bending-over-to get-shafted Hertz fans. Just as well he wasn't :hmmm:

Perhaps someone has a picture?

IWasThere2016
07-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Absolutely priceless:

Anyone telt Lightning Mackay that Elvis is deid?

Barney McGrew
07-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Perhaps someone has a picture?

I'm sure such a thing would never exist. Luminaries such as Gary McYam would never allow themselves to be involved in such a thing, with a ridiculous military hat on for instance.

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
But I think we're now at the stage where certain people at the club really have to become answerable for what is happening.

:cough: It's you and your mates who are responsible. :cough:

I'm sure such a thing would never exist. Luminaries such as Gary McYam would never allow themselves to be involved in such a thing, with a ridiculous military hat on for instance.

Kind of Lord Kitchener style? Jeez that would be so funny if he ever stooped that low.

ancienthibby
07-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Absolutely priceless:

You obviously mean Yammorraghing!!

FRes Hibbie
07-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Absolutely priceless:

In other news, it transpires that bears generally prefer a wooded area in which to *****.

iwasthere1972
07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I didn't see the television replays of the incident itself so I can only go on what other people have said and the general feedback has been that Michael stopped himself from reacting in a manner that might have resulted in a card coming out.

Can't believe that GM didn't take the trouble to watch a replay of Michael Stewart making an ass of himself. I certainly did - not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, not five times, not six times but SEVEN times. :cool2:

Hearts are going down the plug hole. :agree:

Saorsa
07-12-2009, 05:10 PM
:greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/erse1.jpg

:jamboclow :lolyam:

:hilarious

Barney McGrew
07-12-2009, 05:13 PM

I'm shocked. Next thing you'll tell me is that he was caught on camera in a 'hilarious' snap while promoting his book with a jakey politician who was responsible for bringing Meester Romanov to Hertz in the first place.

pentlando
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM

looks like mr romanov needs some fresh pieces of ass:agree:

Saorsa
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm shocked. Next thing you'll tell me is that he was caught on camera in a 'hilarious' snap while promoting his book with a jakey politician who was responsible for bringing Meester Romanov to Hertz in the first place.Surely not!

oh wait! :greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/believelaunch02.jpg

Hank Schrader
07-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Surely not!

Was that a book signing or a gurning competition? :dunno:

shagpile
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Mystic Mackay has also predicted there could be a worldwide economic slump "in the next couple of years."

hearts have had the foresight to get there first!:jamboak:

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Blimey, it's amazing what you can do with Photoshop these days!

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I believe he also predicted a Hearts victory in WW1, and lo and behold...

HibbyAndy
07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Surely not!

:hilarious :hilarious

Hearts game at Hamilton was the lowest crowd of the season in the SPL..you think there smelly fans still believe?:bye::bye:

Your going down..

Hainan Hibs
07-12-2009, 05:39 PM
It's great to see he is still bending over and accepting the pumpings off Vlad.

Every single time it's "MR Romanov"

What the f is wrong with calling him Vladimir Romanov?

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2009, 05:43 PM

The only other place anyone other than teachers gets called "Mr" is on Coronation Street. It is supposed to portray old fashioned, decent, respectful attitudes.

Romanov has also been called "the Great Man" on KB in the past. A lot of Yams are nothing more than clerks.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I would say that Mackay is equally responsible with Foulkes for bringing in Vlad. His Hate campaign against Chris Robinson, (who at least had a plan to get the club out of debt) made his position untenable. Was it not Mackay who went over to Lithunia to meet Vlad and came back endorsing his takeover?

EH6 Hibby
07-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Please tell me that is photoshopped. :shocked:

EskbankHibby
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Surely not!

Dearie me, Dode and McFud, the self appointed "voices of Hearts".

A convicted criminal who brought Romanov to the club and a club 'legend' (we should probably ask Kevin Harper what he thinks of McFuds legendary status) both sycophantic apologists of the highest order.

Cicero has put the beef on eh?

Phil D. Rolls
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I would say that Mackay is equally responsible with Foulkes for bringing in Vlad. His Hate campaign against Chris Robinson, (who at least had a plan to get the club out of debt) made his position untenable. Was it not Mackay who went over to Lithunia to meet Vlad and came back endorsing his takeover?

He was right in the middle of the whole thing. If he had any decency he'd keep his trap shut, because what has happened with Vlad has shown that he is out of his depth when it comes to anything that needs brain power.

Maybe he'd be better trying his hand at management. He has in depth experience of running a team on the edge of extinction from his days at Airdrie.

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2009, 05:59 PM
He was right in the middle of the whole thing. If he had any decency he'd keep his trap shut, because what has happened with Vlad has shown that he is out of his depth when it comes to anything that needs brain power.

Maybe he'd be better trying his hand at management. He has in depth experience of running a team on the edge of extinction from his days at Airdrie.

(1) :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

(2) I know someone who might just agree with that!

Bostonhibby
07-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Is this Gary Mackay in any way connected to the visionary Gary Mackay who was on Radio 5 last week talking to Nicky Campbell about literacy / educational standards amongst the adult population in our good city.? if it is I wonder if he could get round to sorting out history and economics next :trumpet: Cringeworthy listening to it to be honest, one of the best arguments I have heard for devolution yet and I actually hadnt favoured separation til now.........

Sas_The_Hibby
07-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Anyone telt Lightning Mackay that Elvis is deid?

I hadn't heard either. Did Romanov have him quietly dealt with, by the Russian Mafia, after that Riccarton Press Conference? :greengrin

VegasHibby
07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
:******:

:titanic:

:chop:

It's over for them ! the only way out for them is to bring in new players but that's never going to happen. Going down like lead balloon

Leithenhibby
07-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Absolutely priceless:

Magic, for everything else, theres mastercard...

It's such a wonderful time to be a Hibby...:notworthy:

jabis
07-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Gary Mckay
Heart on my sleeve.....

Heid up my A**e

jacomo
07-12-2009, 08:53 PM
This thread is priceless.

:faf:

bobbyhibs1983
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Now be fair for the last 4-5 years or whatever long romanov has been in charge it has been "sir romanov"
since mackay has been a loyal servant he has been homoured with the ability to call vlad "Mr Romanov"

Toaods
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Mackay the doh brain:

I didn't see the television replays of the incident itself so I can only go on what other people have said and the general feedback has been that Michael stopped himself from reacting in a manner that might have resulted in a card coming out.

Andy Walker said in his television commentary that it was very harsh on the player – and, if he's saying it was the wrong decision, then it must have been because Andy has never been the biggest fan of Hearts.

selective viewing or trying to cover his ass for any comeback....:rolleyes:

hibs0666
07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Absolutely priceless:

Dunno what he's concerned about. If the yams overspend then the club just ends up owing more dosh to Ukio Bankas. And we all know by now that means that you just end up owing money to yourself, and that's not really debt is it?

Simples. :thumbsup:

The_Todd
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM

Was that his audition for the Village People?

Leithenhibby
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Mackay the doh brain:

Andy Walker said in his television commentary that it was very harsh on the player – and, if he's saying it was the wrong decision, then it must have been because Andy has never been the biggest fan of Hearts.

selective viewing or trying to cover his ass for any comeback....:rolleyes:

Absolute FUD, Mackay, no you :greengrin

McD
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Was that his audition for the Village People?

Actually just spat food across the room :thumbsup:

mim
07-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Most of his slaverings have been well covered in this thread, but what the hell is this bit all about?

"Mr Romanov flew into Scotland the other week without any Lithuanians.."

WTF did he want? Mair duff players?

How dare anyone fly into Scotland unless accompanied by some Lithuanians.

Iain G
07-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Most of his slaverings have been well covered in this thread, but what the hell is this bit all about?

"Mr Romanov flew into Scotland the other week without any Lithuanians.."

WTF did he want? Mair duff players?

How dare anyone fly into Scotland unless accompanied by some Lithuanians.

Oooh jeeze, am landing in Edinburgh in about 2 weeks, better see if I can pick up some Lithuanians loitering around in duty free at Heathrow...perhaps on a buy one get one free deal "well sir, if you buy this Mikalounous you get a free Cesnauskus and a handy sylish carry on bag to pack them into..."

_hucks_
08-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Oooh jeeze, am landing in Edinburgh in about 2 weeks, better see if I can pick up some Lithuanians loitering around in duty free at Heathrow...perhaps on a buy one get one free deal "well sir, if you buy this Mikalounous you get a free Cesnauskus and a handy sylish carry on bag to pack them into..."

So long as you don't take them as hand luggage - I'm sure that that much pish would be well over the liquids allowance.

Barney McGrew
08-12-2009, 06:20 AM
perhaps on a buy one get one free deal

Lithuanians don't come free remember.

You have to pay a 'registration fee' to acquire one. Usually several hundred thousand pounds that you can hide away in the annual accounts (when you finally get round to producing any accounts).

I'm sure that Mackay and Foulkes must wake up every morning with a warm glow inside knowing that they were the ones who were responsible for bringing the supreme leader to Tynecastle.

hibbiedon
08-12-2009, 06:20 AM
Surely not!

I Believe :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Iain G
08-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Lithuanians don't come free remember.

You have to pay a 'registration fee' to acquire one. Usually several hundred thousand pounds that you can hide away in the annual accounts (when you finally get round to producing any accounts).

I'm sure that Mackay and Foulkes must wake up every morning with a warm glow inside knowing that they were the ones who were responsible for bringing the supreme leader to Tynecastle.

But you are paying that fee to yourself, it;s all Yamenomics which us peg selling docksiders are just too thick to understand, Mr Romanov has it all in hand, did you not see all those boxes that went in with the application for the new stand, so it's all ok remember...and remember to wear your ruskie hat at all times...

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Is this Gary Mackay in any way connected to the visionary Gary Mackay who was on Radio 5 last week talking to Nicky Campbell about literacy / educational standards amongst the adult population in our good city.? if it is I wonder if he could get round to sorting out history and economics next :trumpet: Cringeworthy listening to it to be honest, one of the best arguments I have heard for devolution yet and I actually hadnt favoured separation til now.........

Is this serious? What does Gary MacKay know about this subject? Surely he wouldn't go on air and discuss something he knows ***** all about?

Bostonhibby
08-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Is this serious? What does Gary MacKay know about this subject? Surely he wouldn't go on air and discuss something he knows ***** all about?

definitely heard it in the last week or so - was on with another expert, wish I had paid more attention..............

greenginger
08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Thread over on Kickback about Vlad lording it up as his Kaunus basketball team beat CSKA of Moscow. Mixing with the great and the good is where Vlad wants to be. It don't matter if its through Basketball, football or business.

What's the chances of him turning HOMOFC into a basketball club and making them a feeder-team for Zalgris.

Fair exchange most Lithuanians would say. :agree: :agree: :agree:

Baader
08-12-2009, 10:39 AM
What's the chances of him turning HOMOFC into a basketball club and making them a feeder-team for Zalgris.

The Gorgie Farm Trotters sounds good. To be fair, Vlad is more likely to see a better standard of football watching his basketball team than his brawling Desperados. The ball is on the deck more with the Zalgirls than you'll see from the Marooned ones.

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 11:02 AM
definitely heard it in the last week or so - was on with another expert, wish I had paid more attention..............

I wonder what Gary's views on global warming are.

--------
08-12-2009, 11:08 AM

Bh - you're surely not suggesting that the egregious Gary's an expert on anything other than keech and hot air? :cool2:

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I know the site is nonsense, but, this made me laugh!!

'Hearts supporters are now sick of the way the club is being run down by romanov and are now looking for real investment from hearts minded people gary mackay has voiced is concerns and many more feel the same, lets call on all concerned fans to invest in our hearts with £1000 per fan, i believe there are easily half a million hearts fans worldwide lets turn hearts into a club run by the fans not the russians...gogs107' Fear not, wee Gogs....change is coming to Tynecastle in the New year. Very soon, mad Vlad and co. will be gone – and an investigation by Interpol and the Serious Fraud Office will force a change of ownership. Plus, there are five parties willing to invest in Hearts in summer 2010.

Must have been the traffic jams they were causing that held them up on Sunday!!

EskbankHibby
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I wonder what Gary's views on global warming are.

He thinks it's a good idea "coz it's freezing here the now like".

I await his response to the thorny Israel/Palestine issue.

Andy74
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
I know the site is nonsense, but, this made me laugh!!

'Hearts supporters are now sick of the way the club is being run down by romanov and are now looking for real investment from hearts minded people gary mackay has voiced is concerns and many more feel the same, lets call on all concerned fans to invest in our hearts with £1000 per fan, i believe there are easily half a million hearts fans worldwide lets turn hearts into a club run by the fans not the russians...gogs107' Fear not, wee Gogs....change is coming to Tynecastle in the New year. Very soon, mad Vlad and co. will be gone – and an investigation by Interpol and the Serious Fraud Office will force a change of ownership. Plus, there are five parties willing to invest in Hearts in summer 2010.

Must have been the traffic jams they were causing that held them up on Sunday!!

Do they find lying to themselves helps do you think?

Given the conpsiracies we've has here when people have actually been trying to do the right thing for the club I'd imagine we'd have been invading Lithuani by now were it us.

Dr What If?
08-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok £1k per fan, 1/2 million fans (all, I assume with a spare £1k in the kitty). That means the Jambos have a potential warchest of £500m!!
Heck, and assuming that Vlad was the best financial option for them (must have even more money than that to invest)....no wonder they expect to win the Champlions league - with that kind of money they could buy a small island and enter the world cup.

brog
08-12-2009, 12:02 PM
That probably explains why Obua was signed, got his sports wrong!!

Hibster
08-12-2009, 12:17 PM

I was listening to it as well, though was half asleep at the time. Seem to remember they had him on because he's involved with some charity or organisation to do with improving literacy levels. It was something to do with Hearts as well, because he said that it was ideally aimed at helping just Hearts supporters.

bawheid
08-12-2009, 12:22 PM
It was something to do with Hearts as well, because he said that it was ideally aimed at helping just Hearts supporters.

Although literacy improvement is clearly required for the majority of Jambos, I would have thought concentrating on numeracy skills would have more benefit in the short term.

Oscar T Grouch
08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately, after Interpol have had a go there won't be anything left to buy, creditor will foreclose immediately and the mighty Jambos will be no more.. Now I'm sure I had a dream like that not long ago :wink:

surreyhibbie
08-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm sure someone said that basketball is a far bigger draw over there than football.

Not surprising he's got involved in that sport, more suckers to con....

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I was listening to it as well, though was half asleep at the time. Seem to remember they had him on because he's involved with some charity or organisation to do with improving literacy levels. It was something to do with Hearts as well, because he said that it was ideally aimed at helping just Hearts supporters.

That sounds like p*sh, even for MacKay.

Although literacy improvement is clearly required for the majority of Jambos, I would have thought concentrating on numeracy skills would have more benefit in the short term.

:top marks

--------
08-12-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.russianfootballnow.com/2009/11/10/the-khimki-exodus/

About a week ago a Yam I know (I know, I know, but he's there on the corner every day and he assures me he only wants the money to get himself something to eat) told me they had Antipenko lined up to come to Tynie in January - reckoned he was a real prospect.

Seems to me that there are TWO lessons there for the Jambolinos - one, guys would rather go to Siberia than play for them, and two, football teams that aren't run properly end up selling all their players cut-price and then go to the wall.... :devil:

--------
08-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Shouldn't the title of this thread be Hearts "Yamorrhaging money"? :cool2:

Hibster
08-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Speaking of 5Live - I know its nothing new, but anyone notice over the weekend how during each sports bulletin, their only mention of the SPL was to report that 'nothing changed at the top, with the top 2 both winning'. Top 2? Why not report that the top 4 won? Or that Hibs' unbeaten run continued to keep us within two point of the top?

Going by 5Live's reporting, you'd think Rantic were miles ahead of the rest. I know that to them Scottish football begins and ends with the Old Firm, but you'd think that it being so close at the top for once would merit a mention.

--------
08-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Speaking of 5Live - I know its nothing new, but anyone notice over the weekend how during each sports bulletin, their only mention of the SPL was to report that 'nothing changed at the top, with the top 2 both winning'. Top 2? Why not report that the top 4 won? Or that Hibs' unbeaten run continued to keep us within two point of the top?

Going by 5Live's reporting, you'd think Rantic were miles ahead of the rest. I know that to them Scottish football begins and ends with the Old Firm, but you'd think that it being so close at the top for once would merit a mention.

Same old, same old, mate.

The only time the national media take notice of us if if we screw up big time - like the Yams did on Sunday.

You say, 6 red cards and a fight in the tunnel? That's a story.

TheBall'sRound
08-12-2009, 12:44 PM

You answered your own question. It will always be so, even if we or united win the bloody thing.

Sad but true

Dr Jimmy
08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I remember a few years ago listening to the radio in my car whilst driving through London and the reporter said after the SPL results.....and I quote, Celtic remain top with Rangers 3rd. No mention of who was 2nd, unbeleivable!! (although it was Hearts so not too bothered).

TheBall'sRound
08-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Incidentally I noticed that it's Open Letter to Mr Romanov season on 15pointsback.co.uk :thumbsup:

Dear Mr Romanov,

Do you remember those glorious days in 2005 and 2006 when the crowd chanted your name. When the fans saw you as a messiah and such optimism gripped everyone who called Hearts their own team. The SFA and the old firm were scared for the first time since the 80s. The word believe was the right word for the time and we all did. You joked we would win the champions league in five years time, win the SPL regularly, have no debt, have a stadium to be proud of and pay huge fees for top players.

Well its five years since the beginning of that and we have gone in the opposite direction. The fans optimism has turned to depression and pessimism.
We are struggling against teams we should beat, playing players who look disinterested, football that is frustrating and soul-destroying to watch. Talented youngsters are left off the team sheets and made to stagnate while players who have been brought in get to keep playing despite having no hunger or even better talent and continue to play poorly, they simply playing because they are "experienced." Now quite a bit of the blame lies at Csaba laszlo's door for this but I think you have to accept a lot of responsibility for what is currently happening at Heart of Midlothian Football Club. And this letter comes from someone who supported you until a few months ago when I realised the club I love is destroying itself from the inside.

Signed

Jamboinglasgow

A keeker, I'm sure you'll agree

Just noticed he wrote more further down!

Vladimir, I feel the need to tell of the bits about hearts that make me worry. First of all, debt. I know your son Roman said a few years ago that we shouldn't worry about the debt because your bank owns it but sorry it does worry me. First of all in interest payments. The debt costs Hearts every month. This debt is also like a sword hanging above our head, Tynecastle can no longer cover our debt so we are insolvent. This scares me as it means that Hearts will go completely out of business. It also hampers Hearts chances in the future. We need to be run to a profit, I know you are trying to achieve that but it needs to be seen in the next accounts. We also need to see the level of the debt going down. If Hearts want to be seen as being a great team once again the debt needs to go.

Which brings me to one solution to bring us into profit, the academy. I know you are a great fan of the academy. So am I and watch most of the U19 games. I have seen talent among our young players. We have the potential to be the best in Scotland at producing young talent and in particular Scottish talent. A team can be built out of this and if the academy is kept at the best, constantly improving so never to fall behind, then it can provide such benefit to the years to come. Young players need to play though and they need to be allowed to do it in a team, with some experenced players. But I also ask that they kept in the team and allowed to benefit the team and only sold when there is a replacement for them ready from the academy or able to be brought in. Great academies can make great clubs, look all over Europe.

Cue the look that the slow kids in class got just as something simple started to make sense....

magpie1892
08-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaay too many Hearts threads on here.

Looks silly.

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Incidentally I noticed that it's Open Letter to Mr Romanov season on 15pointsback.co.uk :thumbsup:

A keeker, I'm sure you'll agree

Just noticed he wrote more further down!

Cue the look that the slow kids in class got just as something simple started to make sense....

It's just not funny any more. In a way it's like laughing at a child who has just found out that Santa is doesn't exist. Yet they still keep sending their letters up the chimney.

Dreamers.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
08-12-2009, 01:03 PM
I guess he's been slam dunking Yams for the past four years, so makes sense!

lyonhibs
08-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Surely not!

That's just tragic - laughing at that photo is like laughing at a turtle on its back.

So, in time honoured tradition...................

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Mr Mckay's foresight is something we should be using a lot more in this country.

He recently predicted that oil might be found in the North Sea and was well known for campaigning against The Darien Scheme on the premise that it might be "a tad risky"

hibsbollah
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
It's just not funny any more. In a way it's like laughing at a child who has just found out that Santa is doesn't exist. Yet they still keep sending their letters up the chimney.

Dreamers.

:grr::grr::grr:Abuse the yams all you like but don't start dissin Santa

:santa

TheBall'sRound
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Dreamers.

I'm seeing a wee teddy bear with two maroon eyepatches on his heid and a puzzled expression on his big moon face.

The caption "Remember Fugly the Bear this Christmas Time" underneath and, in children's alphabet building blocks, the phrase "Jambos in Need" above.

lyonhibs
08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Forgot to add - I love the below quote.

Apparently Mikey Stewart only has a reputation as a useless, ginger
*****ebag because ref's get pished and talk about it at their "social events", not because Mikey Stewart is - in fact - a hot headed, useless, ginger *****ebag.

Says A bitter Yam Fudley:

"The referee played no small part in the defeat and you have to look at one or two issues. Footballers, simply because of the nature of the game and everything that goes along with it, will socialise together and, by the same token, referees will also socialise together.

Sometimes players' reactions can work against them because referees will maybe talk about things away from games and Michael Stewart has maybe suffered because of that"

Leithenhibby
08-12-2009, 01:15 PM

*****ebag becasue ref's get pished and talk about it at their "social events", not because Mikey Stewart is - in fact - a hot headed, useless, ginger *****ebag.

"The referee played no small part in the defeat and you have to look at one or two issues. Footballers, simply because of the nature of the game and everything that goes along with it, will socialise together and, by the same token, referees will also socialise together.

Sometimes players' reactions can work against them because referees will maybe talk about things away from games and Michael Stewart has maybe suffered because of that"

On a more serious note, a big thank you for your donation..Cheers :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
08-12-2009, 01:18 PM
football teams that aren't run properly end up selling all their players cut-price and then go to the wall.... :devil:

When you say 'go to the wall', you will of course have in mind a certain relegation-haunted angryam's impeccable demonstration of how to slide full speed on one's erkie into a boundary wall surrounding the pitch.

Is angryam a proper yamasaurus word yet? Wonder how that might be concisely defined? :hmmm: I might put forward an entry something like male as twitcher and link to a short movie clip of a barely suppressed punch at a Hamilton Academical - that should do it.

magpie1892
08-12-2009, 01:19 PM
One Yam thread down, only five remaining on the front page now...

Do you really want this site to become as paranoid, insular and parochial as Follow Follow, where one in every three threads has something to do with Celtc/'Timmy'/'Taigs'/'Tarriers'/'Everyone's out to get us'?

Danderhall Hibs
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM

"There are ever-increasing rumours around the Middle East that the invasion of Iraq might not have been an overwhelming success."

:faf: :top marks

EskbankHibby
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM

Do you really want this site to become as paranoid, insular and parochial as Follow Follow, where one in every three threads has something to do with Celtc/'Timmy'/'Taigs'/'Tarriers'/'Everyone's out to get us'?

Yet by posting you push the thread back to the top, oh the irony.

Hearts are our city rivals and they are a shambles, a countrywide joke, it is our duty as Hibby's to rip the pash out of them at any given opportunity.

They seem to have gone out their way to give us these opportunities this week so..............:faf::faf::faf::faf:.

marinello59
08-12-2009, 01:29 PM

I see no evidence of paranoia or insularity here. Just a general outbreat of hilarity at the shambles over the road. If you don't like threads related to laughing at our biggest rivals then don't read them. .
Or keep them going by adding to them.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 01:29 PM

I think the number of people viewing the threads should answer your question. It's just a bit of fun.

*****ebag because ref's get pished and talk about it at their "social events", not because Mikey Stewart is - in fact - a hot headed, useless, ginger *****ebag.

I can believe that is true in every walk of life. For example, people working in finance often socialise together, and it is perhaps inevitable that they talk about which companies are in the sh*t financially. Maybe Hearts are suffering as a result of that.

(writes City Correspondent Gary "Photo Opportunity" McYam)

magpie1892
08-12-2009, 01:34 PM
I think the number of people viewing the threads should answer your question. It's just a bit of fun.

I couldn't agree more, and I like to take part, especially when I am at Tynecastle watching the horror unfold (as I will be this Saturday - that promises to be a fun afternoon), but it doesn't look too clever to have thread after thread about the yams when surely a couple of biggies will suffice.

It's not a major gripe, however. Not looking for an argument.

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 01:45 PM

I couldn't agree more, and I like to take part, especially when I am at Tynecastle watching the horror unfold (as I will be this Saturday - that promises to be a fun afternoon), but it doesn't look too clever to have thread after thread about the yams when surely a couple of biggies will suffice.

It's not a major gripe, however. Not looking for an argument.

I get what you mean, it's better once they get merged.:agree:

magpie1892
08-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I get what you mean, it's better once they get merged.:agree:

:agree:

jacomo
08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
The Open Letters are back! Oh happy days!

And this letter comes from someone who supported you until a few months ago when I realised the club I love is destroying itself from the inside.

That'll get Vlad to change his ways, sure enough.

BroxburnHibee
08-12-2009, 02:13 PM

If they didn't give us endless reasons to rip the pish we wouldn't waste our time with them........

But they do - and we shall continue :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 02:13 PM
The Open Letters are back! Oh happy days!

That'll get Vlad to change his ways, sure enough.

I can see him in the Vladcave now: "if this guy is annoyed I've maybe gone too far, Mini-me get me the file on the world cup players now!"

Mon1875
08-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Ukio not looking to good either. For some reason the share price rose in September but has been dropping since.

http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/?instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&currency=EUR&pg=details&tab=historical

Never rains but pours for some folk :greengrin

therealgavmac
08-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm seeing a wee teddy bear with two maroon eyepatches on his heid and a puzzled expression on his big moon face.

The caption "Remember Fugly the Bear this Christmas Time" underneath and, in children's alphabet building blocks, the phrase "Jambos in Need" above.

Barney McGrew
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
www.twitter.com/VladRomanov

:tee hee:

BroxburnHibee
08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
www.twitter.com/VladRomanov

:tee hee:

jacomo
08-12-2009, 03:01 PM
I can see him in the Vladcave now: "if this guy is annoyed I've maybe gone too far, Mini-me get me the file on the world cup players now!"

Yup, Vlad is probably in awe of his searing insight. How on earth has this Yam managed to see through his meticulously-planned scam?

Ah well, at least they're not all this clever.

--------
08-12-2009, 05:54 PM

Dreamers.

'Course it is, FR.

It's hilarious. Some of them STILL reckon Vlad'll come good eventually.

judas
08-12-2009, 07:11 PM

Yes. I was speaking with Gary Mackay just the other day, as the conversation rumbled on, he let me in on the little known fact; that bears 5hit in the woods.

Clever guy that.

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Yes. I was speaking with Gary Mackay just the other day, as the conversation rumbled on, he let me in on the little known fact; that bears 5hit in the woods.

Clever guy that.

He was saying the other day that Pope may have a problem joining the Orange Lodge. Where does he get all this information!

(This thread could rival the Blame Rod Petrie one.)

ancient hibee
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I understand that Gary has just heard about some Wall being built in Berlin and he's very upset at the American President being assassinated.

lyonhibs
08-12-2009, 07:58 PM
He was saying the other day that Pope may have a problem joining the Orange Lodge. Where does he get all this information!

(This thread could rival the Blame Rod Petrie one.)

This oracle of information is not available to mere mortals, much less Hobos, but it also gave Mr McKay the nugget of information that Roman Polanski may not be entirely well received on US soil and that George W Bush only just failed his MENSA entrance exam, and only then for spelling his own name wrong :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I understand that Gary has just heard about some Wall being built in Berlin and he's very upset at the American President being assassinated.

Who wouldn't be, Gary shows he has the common touch with his down home wisdom. Apparently he's none too happy about the tram situation, he doesn't know how people will get to work if they stop running them.

The Voice Of Reason
08-12-2009, 08:15 PM
I actually know Gary pretty well. In a recent chat he was warning me that there is every chance that the Titanic may strike an iceberg and sink.

Given how wise Gary is, I headed straight for the nearest Ladbrokes and tried to put a bet on that happening....but the guy behind the counter looked at me strangely, laughed and refused to take my bet. :grr:

He is a wise man is Gary likes. :agree:

the_ginger_hibee
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Someones just told Gary he's won no medals yet, but he's saying surly the League Title and Scottish Cups in the bag?

lyonhibs
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I actually know Gary pretty well. In a recent chat he was warning me that there is every chance that the Titanic may strike an iceberg and sink.

Given how wise Gary is, I headed straight for the nearest Ladbrokes and tried to put a bet on that happening....but the guy behind the counter looked at me strangely, laughed and refused to take my bet. :grr:

He is a wise man is Gary likes. :agree:

:agree: I'd be worried if I was on the Lusitania as well, and the Bismarck's life expectancy isn't looking too hot either.

So says Sea Captain McKay, and he was wearing a submarine commander's hat at the time, and who can say "no"* to someone in such apparel??

* = Apart from Dundee and Dunfermline obviously :cool2:

lapsedhibee
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM

:agree: He admired the fact that the President chewed every piece of his food thirty six times, without any of it falling out of his mouth in that time. I think Gary was hoping to learn how to do that himself (not the counting up to thirty six, which even he realised would be beyond him, but the keeping the trap shut for such a long period).

HibeesLA
08-12-2009, 08:23 PM

If he thinks Lincoln's assassination was bad, wait till he hears about Kennedy!!

--------
08-12-2009, 08:26 PM

Clever guy that.

Not so fast, there, young man.

Brown bears, black bears and grizzly bears do indeed defecate in forested wilderness areas, but POLAR BEARS do not. Leave a nice selection of tasty scraps in your wheelie-bin, and ursus arctus maritimus will happily crap on your doorstep.

Brown, black and grizzly bears do indeed **** in the woods in summer-time, but in winter, while hibernating, they neither crap nor pee.

And giant pandas, who are also bears, live among the bamboo groves, but bamboo groves aren't woods. Bamboo is a type of grass.

Just so's we all know exactly what we're talking about... :devil:

PS: I have no information at all regarding the toilet habits of the present Bishop of Rome....

PPS: A panda goes into a bar.

Two of the customers are having a raging argument.

"Pandas are bears!" says the first.

"They're raccoons!" says the second.

"Bears!"

"Raccoons!"

"Bears!"

"Raccoons!"

"Bears!"

"Raccoons!"

"BEARS!"

"RACCOONS!"

Then they see the panda, leaning on the bar, having a quiet drink.

"You're just the guy we need," says the first guy. "Tell me, are you a bear, or are you some kind of great big raccoon?"

The panda thinks for a moment....

.... and another moment....

.... and ANOTHER moment....

.... and says....

"It's hard to say. These things are never black and white...."

:devil:

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Gary says that one day it will not be OK to make monkey noises at black players, and that they may even be given their freedom.

This can't be right can it? It's PC gone mad!!!!

Hibercelona
08-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Not so fast, there, young man.

Brown bears, black bears and grizzly bears do indeed defecate in forested wilderness areas, but POLAR BEARS do not. Leave a nice selection of tasty scraps in your wheelie-bin, and ursus arctus maritimus will happily crap on your doorstep.

Brown, black and grizzly bears do indeed **** in the woods in summer-time, but in winter, while hibernating, they neither crap nor pee.

And giant pandas, who are also bears, live among the bamboo groves, but bamboo groves aren't woods. Bamboo is a type of grass.

Just so's we all know exactly what we're talking about... :devil:

PS: I have no information at all regarding the toilet habits of the present Bishop of Rome....

Does a yam **** in a public loo?

I heard they use them for other things. :jamboak:

Irish_Steve
08-12-2009, 08:33 PM
He`s also been advising the French to hold onto their francs, the Germans the deutschemark, the Italians the lira etc etc - doesn`t believe in a single european currency

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 08:37 PM
does a yam **** in a public loo?

I heard they use them for other things. :jamboak:

wee airdrie jambo is unwell!

Phil D. Rolls
08-12-2009, 08:41 PM
This oracle of information is not available to mere mortals, much less Hobos, but it also gave Mr McKay the nugget of information that Roman Polanski may not be entirely well received on US soil and that George W Bush only just failed his MENSA entrance exam, and only then for spelling his own name wrong :agree:

To be fair, most americans would have a problem spelling MacKay. Gary was saying that there is every chance they could break away from the old country one of these days.

Nostradamus, that's what the fellow is, a modern day Nostradamus.:agree:

Hibercelona
08-12-2009, 08:45 PM
wee airdrie jambo is unwell!

Somebody should have explained to him what those rubbery things were for. The females were obviously too young to explain it to him. :agree:

Iain G
09-12-2009, 12:39 AM
During a recent episode of Time Team, where they were investigating some very strange things that were strangely in need of Tony Robinson underneath an unamed public house down in Gorgie, a strange manuscript was uncovered, written what looked very like one of those old school jotters, in a hand almost unreadable and undecipherable to the modern man, perhaps written in his own excrement, it has finally been translated to say the following by the exotic languages department at Jewel & Esk, written by a gentleman who is now known, by his one fan, as the Bard o'Gorgie....

"Aye, Gar-e Mahkeye, doth proclaim (dammit, canny use yon word), err, foretell thee of thy following, uhm, things:

A man shall commeth, he o the pie stall (ah like mine wie gravy by the way), an lo and behold, he shaleth doest wonders, and lo, thon legendary Petric will play wi thy Kneel McCann, an all will be well....

Yet, there willest be a man, a stranger foreign gentleman who commeth westward but who hail in yon eastern land of Liths, whoest thon jambo's shall worship and doth their ruskie hats too, a man who hath travell'd from afar, a man who hath travell'd magically beneath yon waves oh the baltic sea in a great metal sea beast, a man who willeth maketh thon jambo peolpe happier than a peg selling hobo at a washing line convention, and he shall bring forth yon Cesnauskis and a man who is Burly and another man who is fond of the children and and many men who speaketh in fork tongue and the great Larry Grayson, and a shortly man who willeth stand on another man's foot and he shalleth spend thon money and shall build a gigantic temple to the Lord Foulkes, and all shalleth be good..."

Believe....
For some reason the letters "lie" of "Believe" are written in blood...and this is all that could be translated out of the ancient inscriptions....

matty_f
09-12-2009, 05:49 AM
During a recent episode of Time Team, where they were investigating some very strange things that were strangely in need of Tony Robinson underneath an unamed public house down in Gorgie, a strange manuscript was uncovered, written what looked very like one of those old school jotters, in a hand almost unreadable and undecipherable to the modern man, perhaps written in his own excrement, it has finally been translated to say the following by the exotic languages department at Jewel & Esk, written by a gentleman who is now known, by his one fan, as the Bard o'Gorgie....

"Aye, Gar-e Mahkeye, doth proclaim (dammit, canny use yon word), err, foretell thee of thy following, uhm, things:

A man shall commeth, he o the pie stall (ah like mine wie gravy by the way), an lo and behold, he shaleth doest wonders, and lo, thon legendary Petric will play wi thy Kneel McCann, an all will be well....

Yet, there willest be a man, a stranger foreign gentleman who commeth westward but who hail in yon eastern land of Liths, whoest thon jambo's shall worship and doth their ruskie hats too, a man who hath travell'd from afar, a man who hath travell'd magically beneath yon waves oh the baltic sea in a great metal sea beast, a man who willeth maketh thon jambo peolpe happier than a peg selling hobo at a washing line convention, and he shall bring forth yon Cesnauskis and a man who is Burly and another man who is fond of the children and and many men who speaketh in fork tongue and the great Larry Grayson, and a shortly man who willeth stand on another man's foot and he shalleth spend thon money and shall build a gigantic temple to the Lord Foulkes, and all shalleth be good..."

Believe....
For some reason the letters "lie" of "Believe" are written in blood...and this is all that could be translated out of the ancient inscriptions....

MrSmith
09-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Ukio not looking to good either. For some reason the share price rose in September but has been dropping since.

http://www.nasdaqomxbaltic.com/market/?instrument=LT0000102352&list=2&currency=EUR&pg=details&tab=historical

Never rains but pours for some folk :greengrin

A very interesting read, particularly when browsing the tabs!

Took this excerpt from the end tab:

"Background Information

Ukio Bankas is the oldest private commercial bank providing universal banking services to a wide customer network covering the largest and economically the most vital regions of Lithuania. Its representative offices are opened in Kiev (Ukraine) and Almaty (Kazakhstan).
The purpose of the bank is to provide qualified classic and modern financial services to its clients and be their business consultant and partner. Ukio Bankas adheres to the modern banking traditions based on fair competition and transparent activity."

Sure!! :faf:

sadtom
09-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Thread over on Kickback about Vlad lording it up as his Kaunus basketball team beat CSKA of Moscow. Mixing with the great and the good is where Vlad wants to be. It don't matter if its through Basketball, football or business.

Fair exchange most Lithuanians would say. :agree: :agree: :agree:

Can you get 'Hoof basketball?':dunno:

mjhibby
09-12-2009, 09:24 AM
to quote a song thats doing the rounds(apologies if mentioned before but ive been away visiting mickey mouse for a few days,the real one that is not to the pbs)

my hearts are bankrupt
my hearts are bankrupt
borrow,borrow,borrow,borrow

my hearts are banrupt
my hearts are bankrupt
sorrow,sorrow,sorrow,sorrow

What a revelation from gary eh.Just as well he has his finger on the pulse.The one man who knows best of all is well out of it and thats charlie mann whose back at radio scotland.He probably knows best of all whats happening there but either wont or cant say due to a confidentiality clause they all seem to have to sign when they escape from stalag pbs.They really do live on a different planet and you cant feel any sympathy or them when they are so deluded about their team and are totally detached from reality.
There do realise generally they are goosed but seem to think its better to run away from it and pretend than to face what is coming sooner or later.Im so glad i support hibs and can see reality and face it.Now lets have a wee look at the league tables.yep still third and i see were 15 points ahead of the team in seventh.Cant see the the so called big team anywhere in the top half,surely a mistake there,must be another one of their conspiracies.But of course they play the new style of football with 6 midfielders and no strikers which of course means loads of goals.they have scored the huge amount of 13.Surely thats not right either.Fantasy against reality.They just get a wee bit blurred down tynecastle way. :greengrin

degenerated
09-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Gary says that one day it will not be OK to make monkey noises at black players, and that they may even be given their freedom.

This can't be right can it? It's PC gone mad!!!!

surely not the same Gary Mackay :greengrin

KWJ
09-12-2009, 09:46 AM
We've been saying that they are going to go bust for a few years now and it's still somehow not happened. The thing is thank god that they've stuck around to bring us so many laughs.

Long live the Hearts, the joke team of world football.

:lolyam:

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 10:14 AM
surely not the same Gary Mackay :greengrin

:shocked: I wouldn't have thought so, I heard that he really really disagrees with racism. Gary was saying just the other day on CBBC that people who know about these sort of things, are a bit concerned about this Hitler chap, and we should maybe keep a closer eye on the situation in the German midfield.

A wise and insightful man, that's Gary MacKay.

Bad Martini
09-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Hearts are ****ed. :greengrin

ENDOF

--------
09-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Hearts are ****ed. :greengrin

ENDOF

Every which way but loose. :agree:

:devil:

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 04:08 PM