PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays Referee .. Brines

Hibs7
07-12-2009, 08:34 AM
My opinion may be a bit biased but I thought he did everything he could to assist Motherwell to get back into if not win the game, the 2 bookings for Deeks and Hately were farcical, all they did was mouth off at each other, plus many of his other decisions were baffling to say the least. :confused:

HFC 0-7
07-12-2009, 08:43 AM
My opinion may be a bit biased but I thought he did everything he could to assist Motherwell to get back into if not win the game, the 2 bookings for Deeks and Hately were farcical, all they did was mouth off at each other, plus many of his other decisions were baffling to say the least. :confused:

And not giving a penalty to Motherwell was letting them into the game? I think he got a few things wrong but didnt favour any side particularly

Hibs7
07-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Linesman didn't flag for a foul and he was nearer the incident, so correct call in my book and looked correct on TV as well. Still didn't think he handled the game well and would give him 2 out of 10. for his performance.

Sudds_1
07-12-2009, 08:52 AM

well actually.............. they both did a passing impersonation of two rutting stags with their foreheads. Probably a booking was about right, since I think it falls under agressive behaviour .........

..thinking about it, deeks was probably lucky that the guy didn't fall down clutching his face. Seen that before haven't we! Always dangerous to feign head butting..........:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-12-2009, 09:59 AM

Just a wee bit biased then? There was nothing about the penalty shout that the ref got right. It was a penalty. Even if the ref didn't see it that way, the booking for the Well bloke was extremely harsh. As for the general flow of the game...well, tackles that are bookings are fouls, but not all fouls are bookings. Think that refs in general have lost sight of this fact.

lucky
07-12-2009, 11:29 AM
He was over fussy. Football is a contact sport. He stopped play to much and should never had booked the Motherwell player following Bambas tackle

Woody1985
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Linesman didn't flag for a foul and he was nearer the incident, so correct call in my book and looked correct on TV as well. Still didn't think he handled the game well and would give him 2 out of 10. for his performance.

Was that the BBC highlights you watched?

I watched them and it was inconclusive because there is a player in the way of the players/ball at the exact time the tackle is made.

ahibby
07-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Bamba got a toe to the ball and then the player fell over his leg. If Bamba hadn't touched the ball I'm sure the assistant referee would have seen it and raised his flag. I guess therefore the ref couldn't have given it.

I thought he had a poor game as an example when he gave the by kick against Galbraith when it clearly came off the Well defender for a corner. The ref called it wrong and there were a few dodgy callings similar to that one. When there was doubt, I felt the decision always went Wells way (maybe I'm biased too but that's how it seemed to me during the game and still does and by the way I was sitting among new faces to me on Saturday and they all felt the same way).

basehibby
07-12-2009, 11:56 AM
While he was a wee bit finicky at times I didn't feel he was biassed, thought he showed much needed common sense with the Deeks/Hately face off and also thought he made played some good advantages at times.

Re the penalty shout I'll need to look at the HI highlights but it looked to me that Bamba got a touch on the ball first - hence Brines correct to dismiss penalty claims. Very harsh to book the 'well player for diving though as it would have been very difficult for him to stay on his feet.

So - assuming penalty decision was correct, my mark for Brines would be 6/10 - opinions eh?!?!?

Part/Time Supporter
07-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Bamba got a toe to the ball and then the player fell over his leg. If Bamba hadn't touched the ball I'm sure the assistant referee would have seen it and raised his flag. I guess therefore the ref couldn't have given it.

I thought he had a poor game as an example when he gave the by kick against Galbraith when it clearly came off the Well defender for a corner. The ref called it wrong and there were a few dodgy callings similar to that one. When there was doubt, I felt the decision always went Wells way (maybe I'm biased too but that's how it seemed to me during the game and still does and by the way I was sitting among new faces to me on Saturday and they all felt the same way).

:agree:

The ball changes direction after Bamba makes the challenge. A booking for Murphy was incredibly harsh though.

Titch
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM

Is that the same linesman that couldn't see the ball was out 4 times down the main stand line

Jonnyboy
07-12-2009, 12:13 PM
He was over fussy. Football is a contact sport. He stopped play to much and should never had booked the Motherwell player following Bambas tackle

:agree: :top marks

In fact he should have booked himself for obstruction, he got in the way so much :greengrin

maturehibby
07-12-2009, 12:19 PM
It was only a matter of time before this referee was seen to be so bad and yesterdays fiasco at Hamilton only highlighted this mans obvious inadequacies in the refereeing field as he had our game aaginst Falkirk and was just as bad as he was yesterday but as it wasnt televised his shortcomings were not on view (save for ALABA tv and they look to the dollybird rather than the game .
I would class him in the same standard as Frieland so tells you how bad he is