PDA

View Full Version : Question Is our league position a result of the training centre?

RMG_82
07-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Now we finally have our own training centre is it one of the main reasons behind our recent good form? Interesting to read Colin Nish's comments on how the players now stay behind for hours after training for steam baths and weight training rather than just knocking off home. Nish believes this is helping with team bonding.

I know its been said before but this training centre is a Godsend and i think the conveyor belt of hibs youth talent is only going to get stronger! I suppose only time will tell.

GGTTH:thumbsup:

VegasHibby
07-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Now we finally have our own training centre is it one of the main reasons behind our recent good form? Interesting to read Colin Nish's comments on how the players now stay behind for hours after training for steam baths and weight training rather than just knocking off home. Nish believes this is helping with team bonding.

I know its been said before but this training centre is a Godsend and i think the conveyor belt of hibs youth talent is only going to get stronger! I suppose only time will tell.

The Godsend is Yogi. He's brought the passion back to the players.
I'm sure the centre has helped but it made absolutely no difference when Mixu was here.

HFC 0-7
07-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Dont think its down to the training centre. I think its down to the manager that can use the training centre, has an eye for a signing and can get fans motivated.

Mixu had the Training Centre and that didnt work too well.

ahibby
07-12-2009, 12:50 PM
It's not down to the Training Centre (per se) in my view. However, I think the U19s success was/is partially due more to the centre than the first teams current run.

The U19s will benefit from training with the first team and especially when the teams are mixed giving the U19s the opportunity to play with and against the first team. That is surely going to help bring them on and that goes for all the teams training there. I thought that might not be so good for the first team but they must have the training mix about right.

IMO, the current success is due to the players we have and the management team, however the Training Centre must help.

whereswallace?
07-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Under mixu we would have been aswell training on tattie fields,now we have a manager who wants to play football theres no doubt the facilities are helping.You only have to look at the u19s last season to see the results its having.

Whilst we are talking about Eastmains,does anyone know if there are any plans to extend it and make a full size indoor pitch?

Craig_in_Prague
07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
It's certainly a very big factor on where we are now.

It must help a good manager massively, in encouraging players to work on their weaknesses, or just to practice and get better. Injury prevention, warming down, gym, everything we need is there. Who all are happier in there work because it's a nice place to go?
I'm also pretty sure it would have been very difficult to sign players like Stokes and Miller, if we invited them along to the club and basically had no training facilities.

So it helps current players improve, younger players to develop, and most certainly helps in attracting new players to the club.

Jack
07-12-2009, 01:26 PM
If it wasn’t for the TC would Miller have phoned Yogi?

The TC wont be the only reason we’re doing well but I’ll bet it’s the common factor in it all coming together.

bingo70
07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure the likes of Stokes and Miller would have agreed to join us if we were driving about looking for public parks to train on.

I know we signed top players like Sauzee and Latapy before the training centre was built, however they were at different stages of there career.

Haymaker
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
The training centre is an incentive however its also how it is utilised. Mixu may or may not have known how to get the best out of the training centre for his players. How some players can be set to train independantly of others by allowing access to the gym/pitches at any time (some people just prefer to train on their own in the gym or may just want to get their head down and do some sprinting practice). Its also helpful if the manager is good at the "quiet words of suggestion" which i think Yogi is very good at.

basehibby
07-12-2009, 02:24 PM
The training centre is surely a contributary factor to improved performances on the park this season - but not the main one.

The primary factor is the appointment of a manager with the ability to get the most out of the training centre and build a good squad to train on it - step forward Mr John Hughes. :thumbsup:

Also worthy of mention is the way the club has been run over the last 5 years or so which has resulted in the manager having a sufficient budget to improve the squad while others are struggling to stand still. :cool2:

jacomo
07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I would hope that January and February will show the benefit of the Centre.

Our squad will be able to train almost regardless of weather conditions, whereas others won't.

Here's to banishing the traditional New Year slump forever! :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
07-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Stokes is starting to look a bit fitter these days so hopefully he's been putting in a few extra stints at East Mains and that can only be good for the team.

down-the-slope
07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Defo a big factor..instead of heading to the pub/snooker hall to hang out after a couple of hours training there is a space where players can continue training / bond with each other / be influenced by the right kind of culture / eat properly etc...BUT the right Man at the top needs to be there as well.

A good tradesman with good tools will always be better than a crap tradesman with state of the art tools or state of the art tools in the hands of an amatuer

Its also noticible that it has been a big factor in the large number of young players we have from NE England on the books whos family were attracted by facilities and clubs total care for their youngsters in the way they are treated there.

Andy74
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
It has to be a combination of facilities and a manager who can utilise them. I don't think either would achieve the same results without the other.

Hughes is a great student of modern techniques and I doubt without such a facility, as he also enjoyed at Falkirk, that much of this could be put into practice.

hibsbollah
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
A good tradesman with good tools will always be better than a crap tradesman with state of the art tools or state of the art tools in the hands of an amatuer

What about a state of the art tradesman with crap tools?:devil:

Rossco1875
07-12-2009, 04:57 PM
the training center will attract better players to the club

(((Fergus)))
07-12-2009, 05:28 PM

:greengrin

ginger_rice
07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Its the whole package, good motivational manager, training centre, 75% of a pretty impressive stadium, the club on a firm financial footing, and some decent recent signings.

All in all Hibernian football club look a damn sight more professional now compared to when I started supporting them. :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
07-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Pedant 1 - Slopey 0

EasterRoad4Ever
07-12-2009, 07:50 PM

No, its everything to do with the Manager and the team spirit he's engendered among some talented players. I've not been slow in the past to criticise Hibs Managers and lay blame firmly at the door of Collins and Mixu who both struggled in this area. Yogi seems to be playing a blinder :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
07-12-2009, 08:28 PM

Sounds a bit dodgy, if you ask me....... :wink::greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
08-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Sounds a bit dodgy, if you ask me....... :wink::greengrin

:singing:Oh the hibees are gay:singing: