PDA

View Full Version : Nish's 'goal'

Diclonius
07-12-2009, 12:29 AM
How on earth was that credited to him, and when will the SPL realise their mistake? Stokes', surely. :bitchy:

bob12345
07-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Deflection was clearly off Reynolds, and I think the shot was comfortably on target.

I Love Lamp
07-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Maybe he was 'deliberately setting up his feet again' :wink: except, this time unlike at Tynie, he actually deflected it in a way which made it MORE difficult for the goalkeeper to deal with.

Having said that great performance from him yesterday, even looked reasonable with the ball at his feet. Amazing what he can do when he's not used as a target man.

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Nish was nowhere near the ball, it obviously came off Reynolds. However, it was goalbound (although the keeper MIGHT have saved it) so technically it should be Stokes goal.

Woody1985
07-12-2009, 09:59 AM
That's a complete farce that he's been given the goal. I think the ref must have noted it as Nish hitting the shot.

There was a guy in the bookies after the game who was ****ing raging. I think he must have had Stokes last goalscorer.

The bookie said he couldn't pay him out as he had to follow the screen. I think his slip had a couple of bets on it so he had to hand it over to collect the other bet(s).

Would it have been better to keep the slip and wait until the decision is rectfied?

On another note, Nish was brilliant on Sat.

David_D
07-12-2009, 10:54 AM
the ref gave it as a Stokes goal or atleast thats what they said on Saturday on the Radio. they said the ref had it in his report as stokes

scotia44
07-12-2009, 11:23 AM
That's a complete farce that he's been given the goal. I think the ref must have noted it as Nish hitting the shot.

There was a guy in the bookies after the game who was ****ing raging. I think he must have had Stokes last goalscorer.

The bookie said he couldn't pay him out as he had to follow the screen. I think his slip had a couple of bets on it so he had to hand it over to collect the other bet(s).

Would it have been better to keep the slip and wait until the decision is rectfied?

I have the same problem and have spoke to Ladbrokes and they aint having Stokes as the 2nd goalscorer either bets settled on the Press Associations say so and they say Nish!! :grr:

s2hart
07-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I have the same problem and have spoke to Ladbrokes and they aint having Stokes as the 2nd goalscorer either bets settled on the Press Associations say so and they say Nish!! :grr:

I've the same problem I backed him 1st and last scorer, only been paid out 1st scorer, I'm just waiting on an e-mail reply from Bet Fred!!

Woody1985
07-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Can you not lodge a complaint against them (PA). Send them the bloody link to the BBC highlights.

I suspect that you could lodge some kind of appeal in the small claims court (I believe it's free to do so online) against the PA if they refuse to change it although they might give it as an O.G (you'd probably still win with last goalscorer anyway since Stokes got the first).

Gingertosser
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Quick question regards Ladbrokes, not a complete hijack, honestly..

I had Benji as last goalscorer & 2-0 hibs, if Benji doesn't play does my bet get returned or does it pass on to the scoreline only :confused:

Toaods
07-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Quick question regards Ladbrokes, not a complete hijack, honestly..

I had Benji as last goalscorer & 2-0 hibs, if Benji doesn't play does my bet get returned or does it pass on to the scoreline only :confused:

If the nominated scorer doesn't participate, the bet is reassessed as a correct score, with the odds adjusted accordingly. Likely get 7/1 ish back??

Gingertosser
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM
If the nominated scorer doesn't participate, the bet is reassessed as a correct score, with the odds adjusted accordingly. Likely get 7/1 ish back??

that'll do me, cheers :thumbsup:

how many would have had Nish as last scorer and chucked the coupon away !!!

scotia44
08-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Can you not lodge a complaint against them (PA). Send them the bloody link to the BBC highlights.

I suspect that you could lodge some kind of appeal in the small claims court (I believe it's free to do so online) against the PA if they refuse to change it although they might give it as an O.G (you'd probably still win with last goalscorer anyway since Stokes got the first).
Ladbrokes are standing by the first announcement of goalscorer by the PA and will not waver or make any "PR stunt payments" on Stokes being the last goalscorer:grr: :rules:

Hibs and the Polis should be made aware of the robbery that took place at ER on Saturday :wink:

Woody1985
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Ladbrokes are standing by the first announcement of goalscorer by the PA and will not waver or make any "PR stunt payments" on Stokes being the last goalscorer:grr: :rules:

Hibs and the Polis should be made aware of the robbery that took place at ER on Saturday :wink:

What, like paying out on what actually happened.

Personally, if I had been shafted by them I would send them a complaint and then move to another site / bookies.

macca70
08-12-2009, 01:26 PM
that'll do me, cheers :thumbsup:

how many would have had Nish as last scorer and chucked the coupon away !!!

so if I had 2-0 with nish last goal, ladbrokes are paying out?

Stll have the slip somewhere defo had nish and 2-0, just can't remember if I did him for 1st or last goal.

macca70
08-12-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_facts/0,19762,11065_3150291,00.html

sky have it as nish lol, what a joke

s2hart
08-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Its annoying, I e-mailed betfred and they replied with a screen print of what PA have, so they are still not paying out, even though the BBC site have it right.

Does anyone know if you can get in touch with PA or have done to complain, it sounds like its cost a few people money including myself!!:grr:

Woody1985
08-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Its annoying, I e-mailed betfred and they replied with a screen print of what PA have, so they are still not paying out, even though the BBC site have it right.

Does anyone know if you can get in touch with PA or have done to complain, it sounds like its cost a few people money including myself!!:grr:

I just had a quick search, look here and you might find a complaint or inaccuracy reporting channel.

http://www.pressassociation.com/scotland.html

Or try this.

http://www.pressassociation.com/contact-us.html

The more that send in the query, the more chance you'll have of success. Perhaps someone could type a template or alter mine below.

I didn't have the bet on but you could try something like:

-------------
Subject; Hibernian FC Vs Motherwell FC 05.12.2009

Message; You have inaccurately reported that Colin Nish (Hibernian) scored the 2nd and final goal of the above game. The goal scorer was Anthony Stokes.

I placed a bet with one of you customers <insert bookie here> whom have stipulated that your information is all that they will accept as being truly accurate despite supporting evidence i.e. BBC Sports highlights. Stokes hit the shot, which was going on target, before being deflected into the Motherwell goal.

My bet consisted of Anthony Stokes scoring the last goal of the game. My bet is null and void as the bookmakers T&Cs confirm that your decision is final.

Can you please look to rectify the mistake? I should add that should the goal be granted to the defender (Reynolds) then my bet will still be valid as the first goalscorer was Anthony Stokes as own goals do not count in relation to first and last goalscorers.

You will appreciate that the accuracy of the information you provide is a key aspect of your business and should reflect this at all times.

Regards,

<your name>

I sent it even though I never had the bet on! Good luck. :LOL:

s2hart
08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I just had a quick search, look here and you might find a complaint or inaccuracy reporting channel.

http://www.pressassociation.com/scotland.html

Or try this.

http://www.pressassociation.com/contact-us.html

The more that send in the query, the more chance you'll have of success. Perhaps someone could type a template or alter mine below.

I didn't have the bet on but you could try something like:

-------------
Subject; Hibernian FC Vs Motherwell FC 05.12.2009

Message; You have inaccurately reported that Colin Nish (Hibernian) scored the 2nd and final goal of the above game. The goal scorer was Anthony Stokes.

I placed a bet with one of you customers <insert bookie here> whom have stipulated that your information is all that they will accept as being truly accurate despite supporting evidence i.e. BBC Sports highlights. Stokes hit the shot, which was going on target, before being deflected into the Motherwell goal.

My bet consisted of Anthony Stokes scoring the last goal of the game. My bet is null and void as the bookmakers T&Cs confirm that your decision is final.

Can you please look to rectify the mistake? I should add that should the goal be granted to the defender (Reynolds) then my bet will still be valid as the first goalscorer was Anthony Stokes as own goals do not count in relation to first and last goalscorers.

You will appreciate that the accuracy of the information you provide is a key aspect of your business and should reflect this at all times.

Regards,

<your name>

I sent it even though I never had the bet on! Good luck. :LOL:

Nice one, I did send a message but not sure if it sent as it errored, I'll copy your template if you don't mind as it sounds a hell of a lot better than what I typed, Cheers

Woody1985
08-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice one, I did send a message but not sure if it sent as it errored, I'll copy your template if you don't mind as it sounds a hell of a lot better than what I typed, Cheers

I just entered my company as N/A.

I don't suspect the bookies were rushing out to get them to correct it.

I think that only a few dozen hibbies will probably be affected by it and they just won't invest the time to correct it. Had it been Rooney for Man U I think they would take a bit more notice. You could perhaps include the link to the BBC highlights link.

By adding the point (dig) about the accuracy of their information and effectively questioning the integrity of their business they're more likely to act.

I should add that I blamed Ladbrokes on mine! I think someone mentioned Ladbrokes wouldn't change it.

scotia44
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Just to say folks Ladbrokes are paying on both if you contact the Easter Road Shop-corner of Edina St

I had e-mailed CS and the PA and got nowhere but thanks to a manager in the Rose St branch who took an interest in my case they are paying on both
apparently :thumbsup:

Graham Law
09-12-2009, 08:12 AM

Not sure this is correct toads .. Sure its returned as a non runner and you get your original stake back.. You might want to check that out

You coming up to Aberdeen on the train with me and big Igor?

Graham Law
09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
so if I had 2-0 with nish last goal, ladbrokes are paying out?

Stll have the slip somewhere defo had nish and 2-0, just can't remember if I did him for 1st or last goal.

Macca i don't think you can bet a correct score double with last goalscorer - pretty sure you have to match it up with 1st goalscorer and correct score?

scotia44
09-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Macca i don't think you can bet a correct score double with last goalscorer - pretty sure you have to match it up with 1st goalscorer and correct score?

Yes if you nominate first or last the player and a correct score
the prices are identical but you have to nominate that part

i.e nish last goal hibs to win 2-0

In my case I done both as singles
Stokes 1st goal and hibs 2-0 and Stokes last goal Hibs 2-0 25/1 each bet:thumbsup:

scoopyboy
09-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I e-mailed the SPL this afternoon to ask them to change the scorer of the second goal to Anthony Stokes, to insert him in the top scorers list with 5 goals and to change the attendance to 11240 from 10398.

Got a thank you reply from David Ogilvie not long after acknowledging and agreeing my points.

Thought to myself that's nice but they probably won't get round to updating their site, I was wrong as it is now updated.

hibbybrian
09-12-2009, 03:19 PM
I e-mailed the SPL this afternoon to ask them to change the scorer of the second goal to Anthony Stokes, to insert him in the top scorers list with 5 goals and to change the attendance to 11240 from 10398.

Got a thank you reply from David Ogilvie not long after acknowledging and agreeing my points.

Thought to myself that's nice but they probably won't get round to updating their site, I was wrong as it is now updated.

You might have mentioned that as the ref didn't send a Hamilton player off for handball on the line, Hibs should have had a player advantage and another 3 points and be top of the league :grr: :greengrin

Woody1985
09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Got a reply from the PA:

James,

I am afraid to say that Press Association Sport can not help you with this matter. This is due to Ladbrokes not being a customer of ours, even though they use our name in their rules.

I suggest you report this issue to IBAS who may take up the issue on your behalf.

regards

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2009, 07:58 AM

You seem to be well in with Oglivie. Any chance of asking him to change the Celtic and Hamilton defeats and the Huns, Jambos, Dundee United and St, Mirren draws to Hibs wins?

scoopyboy
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
You seem to be well in with Oglivie. Any chance of asking him to change the Celtic and Hamilton defeats and the Huns, Jambos, Dundee United and St, Mirren draws to Hibs wins?

I'll get to it right away.