PDA

View Full Version : Hoggy Bashers

hibee_always
06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Notied over the past few weeks there has been no thread starting Hogg-WTF he is pish blah blah blah. So just wanted to write well done hogg as you have proved your critics wrong by putting your slump in form behind you and we are now seeing why you are captain and why you are wearing the green and white jersey week after week. I thought he was solid yesterday and has been over past few weeks. Think it is down to him and the back why we are having our best run by keeping the clean sheets etc. Lets keep it up.

.Sean.
06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Was certainly back to his best yesterday, long may that continue.

On yersel, Hoggy son :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
06-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Hogg was good yesterday, not that he had a lot to contend with right enough..

His distrubution wasn't the best as always though..

Hopefully he can build on yesterday, one good game doesn't make up for all the poor performances beforehand..

Kevvy1875
06-12-2009, 12:32 PM
He has been rock solid for a number of games now and I really cannot see why people have it in for him??? Best defensive record in the league and folk still want to have a go.

He had a couple of poor games at the start of the season(seen worse from others) and he is now back to being the very dependable player we know he is. All credit to him.

Simkin911
06-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Correct - Hogg's part of the team with the (joint) best defensive record in the Scottish leagues. Well done to him for playing his part in this.

However, I'm not convinced he's the best choice for club captain and also he's been less than convincing on a number of occasions. Against Celtic we only lost one goal but the whole defence looked suspect on cross balls in the first half especially. He certainly lost his battle that day - which will happen some days - but crucially also failed to organise particularly well.

However, I think we can rely on Yogi to make the best of what he has - he must see something in training each day and believe he's up for the job within the current squad. I think we'll see recruitment for the CH in the coming months...

Anyways, I can understand why there are "hogg bashers" but we should appreciate 3rd in league, players capable of turning a game and a great defensive record.

Hibby Cam
06-12-2009, 01:34 PM
He has been rock solid for a number of games now and I really cannot see why people have it in for him??? Best defensive record in the league and folk still want to have a go.

He had a couple of poor games at the start of the season(seen worse from others) and he is now back to being the very dependable player we know he is. All credit to him.

while there's a fud on here people like hoggy will get slated, all it shows is their ignorance, stupidy and lack of a footballing brain........... they only show themselves up for what they really are.

if you support/follow the team you support the players through thick and thin, good game/bad game, when we get better players within our budget the lesser ones move on and we get better (well thats the way it should work)

Toaods
06-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I thought Hogg had a good game yesterday one of his best at Easter Road for a long time.

It's amazing how much better an average defender can be when he finds the ability to show some awareness of where his team mates are when he heads the ball away.

There's ony one thing worse than fuds that bash players.....fuds that get carried away with decent performances and start using terms like brilliant, etc...:wink:

oconnors_strip
06-12-2009, 07:47 PM
However, I'm not convinced he's the best choice for club captain .

so what does hoggy need to do to convince fans he is captain material? ive heard a few people say he is never a captain, what does a captain mean? what catagories must they fill?

by the way this is not a dig at you simkim.

WindyMiller
06-12-2009, 07:56 PM
In the absence of the OP coming back on, I'll put my tuppence-worth in.
For a few weeks there his dstribution was woefull, his performance,as Captain. v Hamilton was worse than poor.

IMO he is not a leader (I'd prefer Murray for the job), but this past couple of weeks has seen his performances improve; long may that continue.

Would the OP like to put His/Her opinion forward?

Toaods
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM
In the absence of the OP coming back on, I'll put my tuppence-worth in.

OP seems to post about nothing else other than Hogg over the last two years....:wink:

Hibs Spain
06-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Notied over the past few weeks there has been no thread starting Hogg-WTF he is pish blah blah blah. So just wanted to write well done hogg as you have proved your critics wrong by putting your slump in form behind you and we are now seeing why you are captain and why you are wearing the green and white jersey week after week. I thought he was solid yesterday and has been over past few weeks. Think it is down to him and the back why we are having our best run by keeping the clean sheets etc. Lets keep it up.His passing is woeful..And he struggles badly against tall oposition which isn't his fault as he is not tall.At one point last week against Falkirk he attempted seven mid distance chippy passes in a row that went straight to them...Not denying he tries his best though.

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
His passing is woeful..And he struggles badly against tall oposition which isn't his fault as he is not tall.At one point last week against Falkirk he attempted seven mid distance chippy passes in a row that went straight to them...Not denying he tries his best though.

I think I only seen him misplace one pass yesterday but could be wrong.

I thought that he was excellent in the air yesterday as well.

Expecting Rain
09-12-2009, 08:45 AM
I haven`t been involved in a Hogg post for a while but here goes, when someone plays badly consistently and suddenly has a few average performances, that is suddenly turned into him being good or brilliant, at the moment i`ll settle for the way he is playing as long as we`re picking up the points but we need somebody better.

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 08:52 AM
while there's a fud on here people like hoggy will get slated, all it shows is their ignorance, stupidy and lack of a footballing brain........... they only show themselves up for what they really are.

:tee hee:

I haven`t been involved in a Hogg post for a while but here goes, when someone plays badly consistently and suddenly has a few average performances, that is suddenly turned into him being good or brilliant, at the moment i`ll settle for the way he is playing as long as we`re picking up the points but we need somebody better.

:agree: There's no doubt he's capable of a good game now and again. Hearts at Tiny is a good example - last Saturday not so much, given the fact that they barely crossed halfway.

I'm still hoping Yogi gets a quality centre-half in during January.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2009, 09:14 AM

if you support/follow the team you support the players through thick and thin, good game/bad game, when we get better players within our budget the lesser ones move on and we get better (well thats the way it should work)

What was the name of the fud that dropped him from the team?

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 09:15 AM

:faf::faf::faf: :top marks :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
09-12-2009, 09:59 AM

:agree:

Baw187
09-12-2009, 10:00 AM
For all that folk are saying a CB is a must in Jan, we have cycled between 3 CBs this season and have the joint best defensive record in the league !

Murray, Bamba, and Hogg can't be doing too much wrong.

Granted Hogg had a few bad games early in the season but he's looked fine since. He does what he's supposed to do and does it well. His distribution up the park is crap but that seldom gets us in to trouble.

Lets not forget, he was our player of the season a couple of years back and has been a solid enough and reliable defender over time, give or take a bit of bad form here or there.

From what I've seen of Barr on the tellybox and against us, I defo wouldn't bring him in for Hogg. Did you see Barr's marking on Boyd on Saturday??

basehibby
09-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Notied over the past few weeks there has been no thread starting Hogg-WTF he is pish blah blah blah. So just wanted to write well done hogg as you have proved your critics wrong by putting your slump in form behind you and we are now seeing why you are captain and why you are wearing the green and white jersey week after week. I thought he was solid yesterday and has been over past few weeks. Think it is down to him and the back why we are having our best run by keeping the clean sheets etc. Lets keep it up.

What annoys me is the number of football fans for whom there is absolutely zero middle ground between "Brilliant MOM contender" and "****in Sheight - pack yer bags and hang yer head in shame".

For many posters, any assessment of a player's abilities must fall in one of these camps which to me is just plain f***in ridiculous - any player in fact can be expected to make the odd mistake - obviously we all want the good to outweigh the bad but we should also expect rises and dips in form. Hence a recent Hibs Player of the Year like Hogg should be able to go through a slight dip in form without being castigated by certain self appointed "experts" as a f***in hopeless loser and waste of space.

OK - he may not be the ultimate Centre Half - but he is probably our most experienced and consistent performer at that crucial position and as such is as much responsible for the recent good run of form as any of his team mates.

So - well done to Hogg :top marks - may your star continue to rise :cool2:

bighairyfaeleith
09-12-2009, 10:47 AM
For all that folk are saying a CB is a must in Jan, we have cycled between 3 CBs this season and have the joint best defensive record in the league !

Murray, Bamba, and Hogg can't be doing too much wrong.

Granted Hogg had a few bad games early in the season but he's looked fine since. He does what he's supposed to do and does it well. His distribution up the park is crap but that seldom gets us in to trouble.

Lets not forget, he was our player of the season a couple of years back and has been a solid enough and reliable defender over time, give or take a bit of bad form here or there.

From what I've seen of Barr on the tellybox and against us, I defo wouldn't bring him in for Hogg. Did you see Barr's marking on Boyd on Saturday??

Your right our defence is pretty solid at the moment, however I think another CH would boost the squad and leave us less vulnerable to injuries etc.

I also think hogg is playing much better and I'm glad of that, I criticised him earlier in the season and I think that was justified as he was playing ****, but nowt to criticise now.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Your right our defence is pretty solid at the moment, however I think another CH would boost the squad and leave us less vulnerable to injuries etc.

I also think hogg is playing much better and I'm glad of that, I criticised him earlier in the season and I think that was justified as he was playing ****, but nowt to criticise now.

:top marks :agree:

Hibby Cam
09-12-2009, 04:21 PM

and look at the results when he was dropped

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 04:26 PM
and look at the results when he was dropped

3-0 win and a 1-3 loss (in the diddy Cup).

What is that supposed to tell us?

Hibby Cam
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
a loss in the diddy cup against crap which we were,nt calling diddy when we won it

Danderhall Hibs
09-12-2009, 04:35 PM
a loss in the diddy cup against crap which we were,nt calling diddy when we won it

Correct - that's the game though isn't it? :greengrin

Anyway what does those results tell us?

Hibby Cam
09-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Correct - that's the game though isn't it? :greengrin

Anyway what does those results tell us?

2 games against st johnstone at er, played pish defensively in both, knocked out of a cup leaving one left, we have not done anything this season yet so can ill afford to throw cup games away. we will not win the league nor come second (although id love it) so 3/4th is a must............... and the Scottish.......... well im not commenting on that just now, leave that for yam fuds.

the point im making is that we are a club of limited resources, look at our attendances, we are doin well and still cannot get folk through the door (i know theres a recession) and the first opp we get to slag a player off we take it (look at maka)............... and why, cos rightly we want better and better players are er, but rome was not built in a day we have to make do and develop/improve what we have until we are in a position to improvewith fresh blood but some of the names touted on this site are not better than what we have,