PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Irvine Meadow

Jack
06-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Just as the club are doing their homework I think we should do ours too!

So, our Hibees from Ayrshire and Junior experts, where can we find out what happened to them yesterday?

Who were their better players?

How did they play? Style, formation, :blah: :blah:

James.
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Pretty routine win in Aberdeen over Hillhead in the Scottish Cup.

Hillhead 0 Irvine Meadow 5

Scorers: Barr [15 & 57], Hamilton [73], Boyle [78], Jaconelli [90]

Meadow Team

1 Michael Wardrope
2 Zander Ryan
3 Derek Wingate
4 Chris McGowan
5 Chris Robertson
6 Mark Crilly
7 Chris Strain
8 Gareth Turner
9 Richie Barr
10 Brian McGinty
11 David Hamilton

Subs

12 John-Paul Boyle [for McGinty
14 Emilio Jaconelli [for Barr
15 David Lowing
16 John Dillon
17 Steven Swift
18 Paul Hilland

Barr scored the winner against Arbroath last Saturday. Wasn't at the game but would imagine it was pretty comfortable.

macca70
06-12-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.medda.co.uk/

They won 5-0 away from home in some cup match yesterday

Hibernian Verse
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Did Jaconelli not play for Killie then Partick at one point?

James.
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM

He was at Killie, Queens and Raith - could probably still play senior football but is getting more money at Meadow.

PC Stamp
06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Paul Hilland on the bench? The former Hibby?

--------
06-12-2009, 01:34 PM

Think it's the same lad.

:agree:

Killiehibbie
06-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Chris Robertson must be getting on a bit, I think he was at school with my brother:wink:

James.
06-12-2009, 02:11 PM

:agree: He's just rejoined the club for his second spell.

JFINNIE
07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Just as the club are doing their homework I think we should do ours too!

So, our Hibees from Ayrshire and Junior experts, where can we find out what happened to them yesterday?

Who were their better players?

How did they play? Style, formation, :blah: :blah:
IT WAS A TRAINING STUNT FOR THE DOW:top marks

PaulSmith
07-12-2009, 07:46 PM
League form. Played 9, won 4, drew 1 and lost 4. Currently sitting in the wrong half of the West Super league.

Gala Foxes
07-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Watched them beat Selkirk 3-0 away in the round of the Cup before they beat Arbroath.

Far stronger than Selkirk but not anywhere nearer level of Stranraer / east Stirling etc. Will struggle big style in terms of fitness and pace.

sixtwo
07-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Their Goalie isn't very mobile. He's big and cumbersome.......:wink:

jackieboy
07-12-2009, 08:59 PM
very comfortable win the only danger was hypothermia if theres a stand built on the wrong side of a Park it is Hillhead. As far as Jaconelli goes hes one id have down to pull on the blue jersey for nothing Chris Robertson is only 27 to the best of my knowledge might be getting mixed up with his brother John who has been around a bit. Paul Hilland is an ex Hibby he has just returned from Australia looking lean and mean but obviously missing match fitness. Were playing very well at present BUT Hibs is a big Big step up i only hope we put on a good show and leave Leith with our reputation intact without too much of a doing.

MacBean
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
i believe Yogi has had a scout at their 2 games since the draw

JFINNIE
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Watched them beat Selkirk 3-0 away in the round of the Cup before they beat Arbroath.

Far stronger than Selkirk but not anywhere nearer level of Stranraer / east Stirling etc. Will struggle big style in terms of fitness and pace.

WE SHALL SEE:wink:

JFINNIE
07-12-2009, 09:19 PM
very comfortable win the only danger was hypothermia if theres a stand built on the wrong side of a Park it is Hillhead. As far as Jaconelli goes hes one id have down to pull on the blue jersey for nothing Chris Robertson is only 27 to the best of my knowledge might be getting mixed up with his brother John who has been around a bit. Paul Hilland is an ex Hibby he has just returned from Australia looking lean and mean but obviously missing match fitness. Were playing very well at present BUT Hibs is a big Big step up i only hope we put on a good show and leave Leith with our reputation intact without too much of a doing.
WHERE IS YOUR FAITH MISTER.IF WE TRY AND PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL YOU NEVER KNOW.I THINK WE MIGHT MANAGE A DRAW WHICH WOULD BE BRILLIANT. REPLAY AT RUGBY PARK:wink:

Killiehibbie
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM

Sorry must've been mixing up my Robertsons I was thinking of Chris, older brother of John, who played for rangers, hearts and Meadowbank and is over 50 and went to Portobello High.

Removed
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM
WHERE IS YOUR FAITH MISTER.IF WE TRY AND PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL YOU NEVER KNOW.I THINK WE MIGHT MANAGE A DRAW WHICH WOULD BE BRILLIANT. REPLAY AT RUGBY PARK:wink:

Why are you SHOUTING

Killiehibbie
07-12-2009, 09:21 PM
why are you shouting

busy traffic in jfinnie street got to make yourself heard.

Future17
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM

Think that's Paul Di Giacomo you're thinking of.

ballengeich
08-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Did Crilly play for a few league teams? If it's the guy I'm thinking of he could have reached a high level if he'd ever learned to control his temper.

jackieboy
08-12-2009, 01:34 AM
It is Emilio Jaconelli played for Killie and Raith Rovers once scored 9 goals in a game for Raith reserves Mark Crilly has played for a few senior teams I think Ayr Stranraer and Raith Rovers.

ballengeich
08-12-2009, 01:43 AM
It is Emilio Jaconelli played for Killie and Raith Rovers once scored 9 goals in a game for Raith reserves Mark Crilly has played for a few senior teams I think Ayr Stranraer and Raith Rovers.

I think Crilly also played for Stirling Albion and was sent of on his debut for them.

jackieboy
08-12-2009, 02:44 AM
hes behaved himself generally Crilly sent off against linlithgow a couple of years ago mouthing off tends to do that and the odd rash tackle but think he may have calmed down

PaulSmith
08-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Did Crilly play for a few league teams? If it's the guy I'm thinking of he could have reached a high level if he'd ever learned to control his temper.

The Junior Leagues are full of 'superstars', in their own words, who could've made it or could still play SFL football if 'If they could be ersed'...you really need to question why though they don't and it's quite simply that they weren't and still aren't good enough to play week in and week out at a higher standard. The odd game here and there against a SFL 3rd Division side is no marker for being able to do it every week.

McSwanky
08-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Why are you SHOUTING

He's not. He's typing in capitals.

mim
08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
The Junior Leagues are full of 'superstars', in their own words, who could've made it or could still play SFL football if 'If they could be ersed'...you really need to question why though they don't and it's quite simply that they weren't and still aren't good enough to play week in and week out at a higher standard. The odd game here and there against a SFL 3rd Division side is no marker for being able to do it every week.

There are some of those going about, Paul, but there are many more playing Junior because there is more money in it for them.

There are plenty of Junior clubs with more financial muscle than some of the lower tier Senior clubs.

hibbie02
08-12-2009, 10:01 AM

Is that Father Ted??? :confused:

jackieboy
08-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I know this has nothing to do with this thread but could someone put me out my misery and explain why hertz are called the yams have googled it and cant find any answers.

Removed
08-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I know this has nothing to do with this thread but could someone put me out my misery and explain why hertz are called the yams have googled it and cant find any answers.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=139386 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=139386&highlight=yams)

PaulSmith
08-12-2009, 12:11 PM
There are some of those going about, Paul, but there are many more playing Junior because there is more money in it for them.

There are plenty of Junior clubs with more financial muscle than some of the lower tier Senior clubs.

Then it begs the question of why are the SFA allowing junior teams, that have no ambition whatsoever to move into the Scottish League set up, entry into the Scottish Cup at the expense of affiliated members? An away tie could allow a Cowdenbeath or Alloa to fund their youth set up for a number of years but it's now going to be pisssed up against a wall by some non entity junior player who couldn't hack it in the big leagues.

McSwanky
08-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Then it begs the question of why are the SFA allowing junior teams, that have no ambition whatsoever to move into the Scottish League set up, entry into the Scottish Cup at the expense of affiliated members? An away tie could allow a Cowdenbeath or Alloa to fund their youth set up for a number of years but it's now going to be pisssed up against a wall by some non entity junior player who couldn't hack it in the big leagues.

Don't know about anyone else, but I think it adds a wee something to the Scottish Cup as a competition. Interesting to see how the likes of Meadow do against Senior teams. A tie like this one surely adds a bit of intrigue to the competition?

PaulSmith
08-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Don't know about anyone else, but I think it adds a wee something to the Scottish Cup as a competition. Interesting to see how the likes of Meadow do against Senior teams. A tie like this one surely adds a bit of intrigue to the competition?

Intrigue yes but not at the expense of our other senior clubs. If the Juniors really want to be part of the Scottish FA then let then become member clubs and let's get a proper pyramid system in...the ones that still want to be big clubs in a tiny pond can stay with the SJFA but let's not give them access into the Scottish Cup.

McSwanky
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Intrigue yes but not at the expense of our other senior clubs. If the Juniors really want to be part of the Scottish FA then let then become member clubs and let's get a proper pyramid system in...the ones that still want to be big clubs in a tiny pond can stay with the SJFA but let's not give them access into the Scottish Cup.

Interesting. I'm all for a pyramid system (as I've stated many times before), but surely this recent development to invite one Junior side into the Scottish Cup is simply a step in the right direction.

At least we have Junior clubs competing with Senior clubs in meaningful competition now.

As for being 'at the expense' of a Cowdenbeath or Montrose, it works both ways as far as I can see. If they draw a big Junior side in the cup, then surely they're going to get a bigger crowd (and hence higher gate receipts) than they would if they were drawn against a Second or Third Division team?

libernian
08-12-2009, 01:45 PM

becaus ethey wouldnt have that financial muscle if they were in the leagues. too many exenpenses being a senior team with regulations, floodlights n that as well as travelling away to the like of peterhead etc regularly.

also, the crowds would no doubt go down. i go to the odd junior game bacause it is junior and not senior. wouldnt go if they were senior. plus teams like that will have some OF supporters who also watch juniors.

theyd also lose out on the junior cup which is a very well supported competition for juniors. (or emirates cup, sounds a lot better than active nations cup)

wish all these pyramid demands would stop, idealistic n pointless. nice one wi them being in the scottish tho!

libernian
08-12-2009, 01:52 PM

1. but they're gash and wouldnae bring a crowd

McSwanky
08-12-2009, 01:53 PM
becaus ethey wouldnt have that financial muscle if they were in the leagues. too many exenpenses being a senior team with regulations, floodlights n that as well as travelling away to the like of peterhead etc regularly.

also, the crowds would no doubt go down. i go to the odd junior game bacause it is junior and not senior. wouldnt go if they were senior. plus teams like that will have some OF supporters who also watch juniors.

theyd also lose out on the junior cup which is a very well supported competition for juniors. (or emirates cup, sounds a lot better than active nations cup)

wish all these pyramid demands would stop, idealistic n pointless. nice one wi them being in the scottish tho!

Interesting points of view here as well.

How would you see a pyramid system which, when it reached lower levels, relaxed the laws on floodlights and other costly outlays and went to a regional system?

e.g.

Top league of 16/18 clubs
Second top league of 16/18 clubs
Regional leagues which feed into second top league

Not sure why you wouldn't go "because it's senior?" Why would the old firm fans that go now stop going if their 'second' club became part of a wider setup? Is this a glory hunting argument?

And what's wrong with turning the Emirates Cup into a bigger version of the Challenge Cup that is at present?

Is it simply the 'big fish in a small pond' argument again?

libernian
08-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Interesting points of view here as well.

How would you see a pyramid system which, when it reached lower levels, relaxed the laws on floodlights and other costly outlays and went to a regional system?

e.g.

Top league of 16/18 clubs
Second top league of 16/18 clubs
Regional leagues which feed into second top league

Not sure why you wouldn't go "because it's senior?" Why would the old firm fans that go now stop going if their 'second' club became part of a wider setup? Is this a glory hunting argument?

And what's wrong with turning the Emirates Cup into a bigger version of the Challenge Cup that is at present?

Is it simply the 'big fish in a small pond' argument again?

wouldnt go if it was senior because they would be in the same league structure as hibs, therefore competitng against hibs if you know what i mean. juniors isnt involved - totally different governing bodies n stuff. like the whole idea of it being seperate, but scottish cup should be open to all.

plus, the thrid division can be quite expensive, the juniors is a fiver usually. cant really put my finger on it, just somethin cool bout it! diff atmosphere.

bout the challenge cup thing, think thats a good idea. but wouldnt want to see junior cup replaced. because the junior cup is a better n more prestigious competition than the challenge cup with history, attendances etc. but, would be cool if some of the regional cups replaced but its up to the club n the guys who run the things i suppose.

(like i say i only go to the odd junior game, no expert! maybe get a meadow fan could give their thoughts)

Billy Whizz
08-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Has the date and time of this been confirmed yet? Nothing on the Hibs site stating that the match v IM is on Saturday 9th January at 3pm.
Edinburgh City are playing Montrose at Meadowbank at the same time on the same day!
Do you think that the Police will allow 2 games on at the same time (Not suggesting that there will be trouble).
It would be nice for Edinburgh City if their game was moved as it may help them get a better crwod!

Gatecrasher
08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Has the date and time of this been confirmed yet? Nothing on the Hibs site stating that the match v IM is on Saturday 9th January at 3pm.
Edinburgh City are playing Montrose at Meadowbank at the same time on the same day!
Do you think that the Police will allow 2 games on at the same time (Not suggesting that there will be trouble).
It would be nice for Edinburgh City if their game was moved as it may help them get a better crwod!

the day we played falkirk were edinburgh city not at meadowbank on the same day then?

Cocaine&Caviar
09-12-2009, 10:18 AM
£15 for Adults and £8 for Conscessions.

What sort of attendance should we expect?

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Is Tracking Irvine Meadow a follow up to Leaving Las Vegas?

I really think we should be told.

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 11:27 AM
the day we played falkirk were edinburgh city not at meadowbank on the same day then?

Yes. L&B have allowed cup ties to be played at the PBS and Easter Road at the same time in recent years, eg first round in 2008 (Hibs v Inverness and Hearts v Motherwell).

Part/Time Supporter
09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Is that Father Ted??? :confused:

Bishop Brennan ("Len") would always call Ted by his surname.

Phil D. Rolls
09-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Bishop Brennan ("Len") would always call Ted by his surname.

It was an ecumenical matter. :agree:

Newhaven
09-12-2009, 12:56 PM
£15 for Adults and £8 for Conscessions.

What sort of attendance should we expect?

Well below what could have been acheived had we priced it at say £10/£12 or £5 for concessions.

I know HFC have to agree it with the Meadow but if I was a walk up fan or one without a cup top up I would be giving this a miss