PDA

View Full Version : Under 19s today

hibbymark
06-12-2009, 11:48 AM
1 oclock kick off at easter road. West stand lower open with free entry. It would be great to see a decent turnout for the youngsters defence of the scottish cup .....

berwickhibee
06-12-2009, 02:59 PM
hibs 2 falkirk 1.:thumbsup:

AugustaHibs
06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2belhaven
06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Any score from todays cup tie ?

AugustaHibs
06-12-2009, 03:15 PM
2-1 Hibs :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2belhaven
06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Excellent that just about caps off a great footballing weekend !

Wonder if there are any Jambos in the local.......Fun Time !

HibbyKeith
06-12-2009, 03:32 PM
First time I've seen this bunch of 19's, was a decent game, hibs worthy winners.

stand outs for me, Tom McCready( kept it simple and looks comftable on the ball), Scott "Take a bow son" Taggert (2 fantastic goals, not a keeper out there who would have saved his first one absolute screamer) & Callum Booth ( going to be a star i think).

:thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
06-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Booth:top marks

Kevvy1875
06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Only caught the 2nd half(the best bit) and Booth was the standout for me. The two goals from Taggart were stunners tho'....total screamers, Deeks would have been proud of those:thumbsup:

And top marks to the announcer who redeemed himself for making an erse of calling a substitution by telling us all at fulltime that 9 man Yams had been beaten 2-1 by the Accies....nice one! :faf:

Cocaine&Caviar
06-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Is Taggart the English right back?

HibbyKeith
06-12-2009, 03:51 PM
taggart was playing centre mid with Tom McCready, then after an injury he slotted back as centre half

glow1875
06-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Would have said Taggart played mote right side today, thought he was excellent, two great goals.

The young lad from Everton and Booth were the two others who stood out, particularly Booth, just get the feeling he is going to be top class, great touch and effortless at that level.

Also, the referee provided a good insight into what they can expect from officials in the SPL, it seems the standard for U19 is about as bad as in the big league. He could barley run FFS. Let bad tackles go and then booked players for nothing.

Spotted Charlie Nicholas there today, anyone know why??

givescotlandfreedom
06-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Wish I'd known about this I would've gone. Never heard it mentioned y'day at the game or anything?

KdyHby
06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Wish I'd known about this I would've gone. Never heard it mentioned y'day at the game or anything?

It got a mention at half time

18/03/07
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Also with the number of posts the guy/girl has,its been on here for about 2wks?

McD
06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Would have said Taggart played mote right side today, thought he was excellent, two great goals.

The young lad from Everton and Booth were the two others who stood out, particularly Booth, just get the feeling he is going to be top class, great touch and effortless at that level.

Also, the referee provided a good insight into what they can expect from officials in the SPL, it seems the standard for U19 is about as bad as in the big league. He could barley run FFS. Let bad tackles go and then booked players for nothing.

Aye noticed that too, when we saw him it was at the end of halftime, was following some blonde along the stand, maybe on the sniff? :devil:

givescotlandfreedom
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM

:doh: Serves me right for heading in the concourse to talk to my mate

MSK
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
:doh: Serves me right for heading in the concourse to talk to my mateOr not reading hibs.net ..http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=168203 ..:wink:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 08:06 PM

There's been a murder, Mr Romanov.

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Excellent that just about caps off a great footballing weekend !

Wonder if there are any Jambos in the local.......Fun Time !

Still waiting on George Foulkes losing control of his car after a bender and careering into Gary MacKay, Stephen Henry and Ronnie Corbert in Princes Street.

oconnors_strip
06-12-2009, 08:28 PM

no scott is from lanarkshire. dont know what right back you are thinking of, the right backs we have at this level are taggart and burns.

taggart was outstanding today, two great goals from him.:thumbsup: booth wasnt as heavily involved into todays match as he normally is, so people got a wee taster of him.

we get that referee every 3rd game these days, he is dreadful and a jambo:grr:

charlie nicholas was there as a friend of one of the player's family. he got to see a good team in green:greengrin

hopefuly we get another home game in next round. the draw is in a couple of weeks iirc

KdyHby
06-12-2009, 08:40 PM
:doh: Serves me right for heading in the concourse to talk to my mate

Having just finished the match prog, it also got a good write up in that :wink:

PC Stamp
06-12-2009, 10:19 PM

You're maybe thinking of Aaron Chalmers who has played at right back IIRC but has been playing mostly at CH alongside Scott Smith?

GreenCastle
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Wasn't at the game today - any possible players who are looking like breaking into the squad anytime soon ?

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Yeah noticed him tae..sat a few seats along from me, nae idea why he was there tho.

oconnors_strip
06-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah noticed him tae..sat a few seats along from me, nae idea why he was there tho.

as ive said above, he is a family friend of one of the under 19 players. nothing more into it.

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM
as ive said above, he is a family friend of one of the under 19 players. nothing more into it.

:aok:

oconnors_strip
06-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Wasn't at the game today - any possible players who are looking like breaking into the squad anytime soon ?

not any time soon but callum booth and scott smith will definately be in the 1st team squad in the near future.

BEEJ
06-12-2009, 11:18 PM
not any time soon but callum booth and scott smith will definately be in the 1st team squad in the near future.
Apart from Booth and Smith, who would be the other contenders to make the step up to the first team squad next summer?

Bell?

oconnors_strip
06-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Apart from Booth and Smith, who would be the other contenders to make the step up to the first team squad next summer?

Bell?

if fergus keeps working hard then yes, but there will be a lot of competition for the attacking midfield role. to be honest its very hard to judge any of them just now since its been a rollercoaster start to the season.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-12-2009, 11:37 PM

Smithy was, as usual, outstanding. Immense distribution of the ball for a centre back.

BEEJ
06-12-2009, 11:38 PM
if fergus keeps working hard then yes, but there will be a lot of competition for the attacking midfield role. to be honest its very hard to judge any of them just now since its been a rollercoaster start to the season.
I guess my question could be put another way. :wink:

Which players will no longer qualify for U-19 level next summer due to being too old? The option for them would therefore be first-team squad or exit door.

jdships
06-12-2009, 11:41 PM

Go along with that !
Only second time have seen u19's this season
Booth is an absolute stand out but am not sure if Smith is making the progress it was hoped for , Taggert took his goals well
Most of the others have a way to go before they can look for 1st team squad place.
Overall not a bad side given there are a number of really young lads in the squad

:flag:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Go along with that !
Only second time have seen u19's this season
Booth is an absolute stand out but am not sure if Smith is making the progress it was hoped for , Taggert took his goals well
Most of the others have a way to go before they can look for 1st team squad place.
Overall not a bad side given there are a number of really young lads in the squad

:flag:

Have been very impressed every time I have seen that laddie.

Reads the game very well in that position, and uses the ball well. Fearless and strong in the tackle. Looking back say the last 30 odd years I've been watching Hibs, I wish I could have said that consistently about our centre backs.

WindyMiller
07-12-2009, 05:51 AM
They played better than in the 2 previous matches I've seen this season.
IIRC quite a few will still be illegable to play U19 next season, so talk of breaking into the first XI is premature.

Taggart's first goal was positively BobbyDuncan-esque!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

rainman
07-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Thought McCreedy and the 2 centre halfs were the standouts until the goal.

Taggart stole the show after that.