PDA

View Full Version : Steven Gerrard.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Another ridiculous dive, trying to get a penalty for his team yesterday. Yet swept under the carpet on match of the day. If it had been Drogba, or even Gerrards team mate Ngog, it would have been highlighted for sure. Gerrard does this all the time, for his club and his country, yet nothing is said.:grr:

cabbageandribs1875
06-12-2009, 09:13 AM
if the authorities wont jail him for assaulting poor innocent dj's they should jail him for his diving over the years, fraudulent wee sh*te that he is

Toaods
06-12-2009, 09:41 AM
yet Hreidiersson(sp?) was interviewed about the penalty he received when no contact was made.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 09:46 AM
yet Hreidiersson(sp?) was interviewed about the penalty he received when no contact was made.

Yes i had forgotten about that. The people who present match of the day are **** scared to criticise Gerrard, or any of the players who will play for England. Yet have no problem having a right go at the foreigners who do exactly the same are their golden boys. Sky are no different either.:grr:

H18sry
06-12-2009, 10:32 AM
if the authorities wont jail him for assaulting poor innocent dj's they should jail him for his diving over the years, fraudulent wee sh*te that he is

Found innocent in a court of law,do not see the connection :confused:

hibsbollah
06-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Another one to add to the list
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

Wotherspiniesta
06-12-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jvUjuzKn8&feature=related

Thing is, Gerrard is CRAP at diving.

Broken Gnome
06-12-2009, 11:37 AM
His previously thuggish tendencies were always overlooked by the media too....
(that's you, Andy Gray).

jdships
06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Take it you have new evidence ?:yawn:
Have you ever met Gerrard and know anything about him ?
If you have you would know he is a pleasure to speak to and the hours he puts in coaching youngsters , donating funds to youth clubs is amazing.
I would add he is not alone as many Premier League players do the same

Found innocent in a court of law,do not see the connection :confused:

Thankyou :thumbsup:

hibsdaft
06-12-2009, 02:59 PM
i'm a Liverpool fan myself but the guy is a total diving cheat and i've always suspected, a bit of a nob.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Gerrard almost seem to be in the same bracket as Gary Lineker in that to speak out against him is almost treason. All helps to perpetuate the myth that only dodgy foreigners cheat. As Liverpool continue to tread water, Gerrard needs to think if that sort of behaviour will keep him out of the Chelsea first team next season.:devil:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Gerrard almost seem to be in the same bracket as Gary Lineker in that to speak out against him is almost treason. All helps to perpetuate the myth that only dodgy foreigners cheat. As Liverpool continue to tread water, Gerrard needs to think if that sort of behaviour will keep him out of the Chelsea first team next season.:devil:

Gerrard will be going nowhere near Chelsea or any other top team. He missed the boat there and has now passed his peak. With a World Cup he should struggle legwise from here on in. Another 18 months should see him taking coaching badges while turning out for Tranmere.

20LEgend
06-12-2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jvUjuzKn8&feature=related

Thing is, Gerrard is CRAP at diving.

That dive was not even shown on MOTD 2 that night, it was left out of the highlights, even though Duff's dive was shown and so was Ronaldo's (from the day before). Both were shown from every possible angle as well.

Richard Scott
06-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Steven Gerrard's a grade A D**k :bye:

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 05:15 PM
The dive in the CL was the best. I think it was this season, maybe last, against a French or Turkish team IIRC. It was the 90odd mins I think and he ran into the box and jumped up in the air and fell down. Penalty. Cheating ****.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Golden boy Rooney booked for simulation against Villa yesterday, and its conveniently brushed over too. Strange that eh?:bitchy:

hibsbollah
13-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I noticed Bellamy got a red for diving and has benn widely pilloried in the papers today. But he's Welsh and annoys people.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I noticed Bellamy got a red for diving and has benn widely pilloried in the papers today. But he's Welsh and annoys people.

That was never a sending off, the ref got that wrong. Oh well thats a shame.:greengrin

jdships
13-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Golden boy Rooney booked for simulation against Villa yesterday, and its conveniently brushed over too. Strange that eh?:bitchy:

Still the end result was brilliant " 0 - 1"
:greengrin:bitchy:

TheMentalHibees
13-12-2009, 10:31 AM
The english don't cheat, don't you know? It's all those cheating dodgy foreigners coming over here that tarnish their game with diving. Hopefully they get caught at it at the world cup, so the whole world can see it.

jdships
13-12-2009, 11:27 AM
The english don't cheat, don't you know? It's all those cheating dodgy foreigners coming over here that tarnish their game with diving. Hopefully they get caught at it at the world cup, so the whole world can see it.

Sorry ! , but any pro footballer regardless from what country will "cheat" if he thinks he can get an advantage .
English , Scot's , Welsh , Irish - whoever . It makes no difference
Tugging shirt , leaning on , diving etc etc has been going on for years and will continue - "It's the nature of the beast " I'm afraid
Can you or your mates hold your hands up and say "I have never cheated during a game of football to gain an advantage" ?
Be honest and let us know !! :greengrin:wink:

lyonhibs
13-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Proof that some folk really can't judge a football player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B1gDmBprSU&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Kaka vs Gerrard?????

ehhhhhhhhh................................. :rolleyes:

:faf: :faf:

Littlest Hobo
13-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Anyone see Roony's dive yesterday? Good bit of refereeing to spot it I thought.:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
13-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Rooney's quite partial to the odd dive, Dived earlier in the season to con the ref to give a penalty against Arsenal at Old Trafford.

TheMentalHibees
13-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Sorry ! , but any pro footballer regardless from what country will "cheat" if he thinks he can get an advantage .
English , Scot's , Welsh , Irish - whoever . It makes no difference
Tugging shirt , leaning on , diving etc etc has been going on for years and will continue - "It's the nature of the beast " I'm afraid
Can you or your mates hold your hands up and say "I have never cheated during a game of football to gain an advantage" ?
Be honest and let us know !! :greengrin:wink:

Everybody cheats. I'm aware of this. It's the constant masking of it by the english media when it's one of their own, but the witch hunt that occurs when it happens against them. Anybody remember the famous Ronaldo winking scandal after the 2006 world cup?

_hucks_
13-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Proof that some folk really can't judge a football player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B1gDmBprSU&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Kaka vs Gerrard?????

ehhhhhhhhh................................. :rolleyes:

:faf: :faf:

Bloody scousers, treat their own like infallible Gods! I even know an evertonian or two who'd claim that Gerrard is better than the likes of Ronaldo. They honestly have a seige mentality where they'll defend any of their own to the hilt regardless of their ability.

Cameron1875
13-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I knew Gerrard liked a wee dive but he is at it again in arsenal match. Tried to get pen after gallas challenge. :bitchy:

Typical andy gray try to back up gerrard though.

Scorrie
13-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Bloody scousers, treat their own like infallible Gods! I even know an evertonian or two who'd claim that Gerrard is better than the likes of Ronaldo. They honestly have a seige mentality where they'll defend any of their own to the hilt regardless of their ability.

None that ah know. they all think he is a complete knob

hibsbollah
13-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I knew Gerrard liked a wee dive but he is at it again in arsenal match. Tried to get pen after gallas challenge. :bitchy:

Was listening to it on radio5. Alan green (lover of all things engerlandish) refused to call it diving until ex-Liverpool player Jan Molby pointed it out.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2009, 05:12 PM
My scouser mate said to me today while watching the game, we could be playing Hibs in the europa cup next season, i pointed out to him, although its an outside bet, we could miss liverpool, as we have a far better chance than his lot of reaching the champions league.:greengrin

H18sry
13-12-2009, 05:17 PM

Have a word, Gallas was no where near the ball, if that was a Hibs player what would you want a goal kick or a penalty:confused: me a penalty every time :agree:

HibbyAndy
13-12-2009, 05:21 PM
My scouser mate said to me today while watching the game, we could be playing Hibs in the europa cup next season, i pointed out to him, although its an outside bet, we could miss liverpool, as we have a far better chance than his lot of reaching the champions league.:greengrin

Liverpool had there strongest starting 11 out there today, Arsenal were missing RVP Rosicky Clichy Edaurdo and passed Liverpuddle of the park.

The Scousers will just be looking to consolidate:greengrin

lapsedhibee
13-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Have a word, Gallas was no where near the ball, if that was a Hibs player what would you want a goal kick or a penalty:confused: me a penalty every time :agree:

Gallas was nowhere near the ball because Gerrard kicked it away past him for a goal kick. Gerrard and Rooney have both now mastered the art of diving into players (rather than away from them like Mikolooneytunes at Hampden), but it's still diving. Gerrard was going down the moment he got into the box, irrespective of what Gallas did or didn't do. And Torres did the same a few minutes later.

Serial divers like Gerrard must think that refs don't have TVs, or go to their beds before MOTD comes on. :bitchy:

HibbyAndy
13-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Gallas was nowhere near the ball because Gerrard kicked it away past him for a goal kick. Gerrard and Rooney have both now mastered the art of diving into players (rather than away from them like Mikolooneytunes at Hampden), but it's still diving. Gerrard was going down the moment he got into the box, irrespective of what Gallas did or didn't do. And Torres did the same a few minutes later.

Serial divers like Gerrard must think that refs don't have TVs, or go to their beds before MOTD comes on. :bitchy:

:top marks

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2009, 05:45 PM

I agree, that one imho was a penalty. Perhaps he's paying the penalty :wink: for his constant diving.:confused: