PDA

View Full Version : Nish: best game in a Hibs jersey

Greenheart
06-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Can't see this on the board but thought that Nish was the best player on the park today.

The big man was closing down every defender never gave up he was outstanding.:top marks

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
06-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Can't see this on the board but thought that Nish was the best player on the park today.

The big man was closing down every defender never gave up he was outstanding.:top marks

Having a bit of a late night, Colin?

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Nish was outstanding today, but take your pick..Bamba, Rankin, Murray, Riordan, Stokes, Miller, all superb today.

Its a team game , and we were utterly superb today.

Greenheart
06-12-2009, 12:32 AM
If only. Yogi is making me take a DNA test to make sure it is me.

Though I was still brill today though??:greengrin

Saorsa
06-12-2009, 12:36 AM

The big man was closing down every defender never gave up he was outstanding.:top marksI said it on another thread but I'll say it again, I've been a critic of his but today he gets :top marks from me :agree:

There were lots of good performances all over the park today :agree: TBH despite our winning results so far this season this if the first time I actually left the ground thinking that'll do for me

I'm in such a positive mood efter todays game I'm no sure I'm even me :greengrin

lucky
06-12-2009, 12:37 AM
The big man was :top marks so was miller

Archie70
06-12-2009, 12:43 AM
What happened to the - fall on is er$e, slow, moaning, lazy, caught offside player we all know so well. Thought he was outstanding today. Best game in a Hibs jersey by a country mile. Stick in big fella!

Franck is God
06-12-2009, 12:49 AM
I've always liked Nish and was delighted when he signed, he has had more good games than bad for us and is an important player in the squad.

He was MOTM for me today and it probably was his best game in a Hibs shirt. More of the same next week Colin.

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 12:50 AM
I said it on another thread but I'll say it again, I've been a critic of his but today he gets :top marks from me :agree:

There were lots of good performances all over the park today :agree: TBH despite our winning results so far this season this if the first time I actually left the ground thinking that'll do for me

I'm in such a positive mood efter todays game I'm no sure I'm even me :greengrin

Well let me try this then... Have you ever been to the bar tae get a round in?:greengrin

Saorsa
06-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Well let me try this then... Have you ever been to the bar tae get a round in?:greengrinaye mair times than you ya bam, you're tighter than a drum :bye:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 12:52 AM
aye mair times than you ya bam, you're tighter than a drum :bye:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cannastar
06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
great to see colin get the praise for today.i had posted about two months ago for fellow hibees to be patient and give him and hogg a chance as they were the two who seemed to be receiving the flak for their performances.both players have responded brilliantly imo and today was probably both their best games perhaps of the season so far.i cant recall hogg missing many tackles and nish as stated earlier by others had a stormer;positional play in particular excellent allowing others into the game.as a unit we are beginning to show just how good our flowing on the floor football can be and the results are also in our favour.lets keep believing week to week and enjoying what we are watching which is a fine bunch of players under the guidance of a true hibs fan as well as a manager and most of all keep attending and supporting our beloved hibernian.:notworthy:

CentreLine
06-12-2009, 06:53 AM
What happened to the - fall on is er$e, slow, moaning, lazy, caught offside player we all know so well. Thought he was outstanding today. Best game in a Hibs jersey by a country mile. Stick in big fella!

We got from Nish 85 minutes of the player we usually see for 10 or 15 minutes in a game. He was excellent. But I am even more thrilled to have been there the day Maka turned in to a goalie. Suddenly he turns in a competent display and confounds my belief he could never be a keeper. He never got stranded under a single cross ball and came for everything commanding his area brilliantly. He was always a good shot stopper but made two outstanding stops yesterday. But most importantly, he kept his concentration through the quiet spells he had to endure. Now if he can keep that up just maybe he will be worth a contract.
Well done to both big men! :notworthy:

(((Fergus)))
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I've always suspected that Colin Nish was an intelligent football player. Playing him deep has given him a chance to show that rather than falling on his erse or being caught offside when stereotyped as a big stupid target man.

More great management from Yogi. :top marks

ancient hibee
06-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Amazing what happens when football is played properly on the ground with a player-in this case Nish-played in his proper position.Even more amazing that so many want Kyle to arrive so that we can go back to hoofball with a striker that cannae run.

H113EE5
06-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Agree 100%. Last two home games, he's been excellent.

Leithenhibby
06-12-2009, 04:29 PM

You didn't look very far :devil: :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=168325

IWasThere2016
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
He knows its shape up or be shipped out time

(((Fergus)))
06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
He knows its shape up or be shipped out time

I think there's more to it than that. He's being played in a totally different position that maximises his definite footballing ability and minimises his susceptibility to offside/falling over for no reason. He also seems to be playing with more confidence than before, maybe because he's having some success on the pitch these days.

hibsbollah
06-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I couldnt believe the transformation. I bet the drug tester had Nish's name down first for the post-match urine sample.

hibbymark
06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
He has done brilliantly in the last 2 games. What a difference when he isnt played as a target man up top which he's not physically capable of. Nish has been scoring goals against s.p.l defences for years now and if as a second or third striker with us he could chip in with 12 goals this season i think that would be a decent return.Lets not forget the big man is hibs daft and the criticism he gets must really get to him.

Hibs Spain
06-12-2009, 06:50 PM

The big man was closing down every defender never gave up he was outstanding.:top marksA real improvement.didn't look so floppy and weak. Seemed to make a real effort and I reckon Yogi's talk about spending less time on his erse might have done some good :greengrin

CallumHibs07
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
If only. Yogi is making me take a DNA test to make sure it is me.

Though I was still brill today though??:greengrin

Are you really Colin Nish?

G15 Hibs
06-12-2009, 07:47 PM
He's been on superb form the past two weeks and it's a sin he' s been passed over for man of the match in both games. Really putting in some great hard work, won every ball and made great great use of it, found his man every time. It's good to see him finally deserving some praise on here. Thought he did great.

matty_f
06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
That was easily Colin Nish' best performance for us by a country mile and that was amongst a team that in the main all performed well. Him and Miller were the pick yesterday and that is a very good thing. The biggest difference for me, he did not fall over so was always available to make passes and challenges.:agree:

:agree:

Nish was terrific on Saturday - the best I've seen him.

I just wish ref's would give him a decision now and again.

:top marks for his performance, though. Hibs class.:agree:

HFC 0-7
07-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I am definately not a Nish fan, but he was very good on saturday, and performances like that will start changing my view of him. What did make me smile rearding Nish was that he was on the radio before the game talking about the team and he said that he is just as good as the likes of Riordan on the ground and that yogi knows this. Think his estimations of himself there are a bit high, but I dont care as long as we get performances like saturday!

hibbymark
07-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I am definately not a Nish fan, but he was very good on saturday, and performances like that will start changing my view of him. What did make me smile rearding Nish was that he was on the radio before the game talking about the team and he said that he is just as good as the likes of Riordan on the ground and that yogi knows this. Think his estimations of himself there are a bit high, but I dont care as long as we get performances like saturday!

Of course he is as good as riordan on the ground! Ive got loads of Colin Nish dvds where he volleys balls into the net with left and right feet! Oh not forgeting all his free kicks and goals from outside the box. :faf: Im more annoyed with yogi for knowing this and not letting the laddie show us!

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Unless he plays like he apparently did on Saturday for the rest of the season. i think Nish will be replaced either this window or in the summer. Yogi wants better.

RIP
07-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Unless he plays like he apparently did on Saturday for the rest of the season. i think Nish will be replaced either this window or in the summer. Yogi wants better.

Jings lads - the feelgood factor on here didn't last long did it!!

Aw shucks I've just realised it's Hibs.Net's beloved Victor Meldrew :wink:

S'pose it's nowt to do with Yogi playing him in the right position at long last?

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Jings lads - the feelgood factor on here didn't last long did it!!

Aw shucks I've just realised it's Hibs.Net's beloved Victor Meldrew :wink:

S'pose it's nowt to do with Yogi playing him in the right position at long last?

Dont know what you are on about?:confused: I'm still on a high over our win, and our lofty league position.:thumbsup: Its fantastic.:top marks I'm just stating what i believe will happen. I also think Benji will go either January or for sure the summer. Bamba will leave too. If you or others want to bury your head like a yam, perhaps a supporters message board is not for you.:wink:

RIP
07-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Dont know what you are on about?:confused: I'm still on a high over our win, and our lofty league position.:thumbsup: Its fantastic.:top marks I'm just stating what i believe will happen. I also think Benji will go either January or for sure the summer. Bamba will leave too. If you or others want to bury your head like a yam, perhaps a supporters message board is not for you.:wink:

I could never bury my heid Gary - it's too big :greengrin

Benji - yes, unless he has an attitude makeover and ups his workrate

Bamba - a £4million move to the EPL in the summer after a stormer against Brazil, North Korea and Portugal to finance the East Stand.

Nish - Will stay in my opinion. A valuable asset to the team and club.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I could never bury my heid Gary - it's too big :greengrin

Benji - yes, unless he has an attitude makeover and ups his workrate

Bamba - a £4million move to the EPL in the summer after a stormer against Brazil, North Korea and Portugal to finance the East Stand.

Nish - Will stay in my opinion. A valuable asset to the team and club.

I hope we get a fee for benji in January, if not he's off for nowt in the summer. To be fair he's a good squad player, but i dont think he's a player who Yogi regards as a 1st choice starter. If we could get something for him, it could maybe go towards the fee for someone who will strengthen the team, rather than the squad.

Bamba, he's a definite to leave, again when and how much is the questions. I like your scenario.

Nish we will have to agree to disagree. Like Maka, it seems they both had good games on Saturday. They will both have to do so a lot more, for me and especially Yogi to be convinced about them. Personally i think yogi wants better, he certainly wants more consistent performances from both, can they give us them, i have my doubts.

Riordans Boots
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM
The big man was :top marks so was miller

:agree: :top marks to both of them (Derek had a good game as well :agree:)

I Love Lamp
08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I still think he could be used better. Imho, he should be used as a lone-ish striker (although obviously Deeks and Stokes would be moving in too) but NOT as a target man. Instead the ball should be played into his feet and with Deeks and Stokes making runs towards the box and Wotherspoon and Murray down the flanks he could pick out a pass for one of them or make a deft flick.

I'm not Nish's biggest fan but he is good at that sort of thing. This was more evident last season when he did play in the position as I described, although I don't think it was a deliberate part of the plan but more an occurence during the rare times the ball was played into his feet as opposed to being punted long in his general direction. Seem to remember him linking up well with Fletcher in this way to good effect on a few occasions last season.