PDA

View Full Version : Yams Interesting piece in Times online

KB1
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6946066.ece

Part/Time Supporter
05-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Not a lot new and points to the obvious. looks a bit like a collumn inch filler on a slow news day. would much rather be reading about Hibernian's success on and off the field.

That would be worth reading

:agree:

The only real merit to the article is that it puts some of the financial mismanagement there in sharp relief, ie their losing money hand over fist despite a massive transfer surplus (mainly due to Gordon). Everyone talks about how much Hibs have pocketed from selling players, but Hearts have a bigger surplus in the same period. Hibs built a state of the art training ground and wiped out all of their unstructured debt. What have Hearts done with it?

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Not a lot new and points to the obvious. looks a bit like a collumn inch filler on a slow news day. would much rather be reading about Hibernian's success on and off the field.

That would be worth reading

Hainan Hibs
05-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I personally love it:thumbsup:

Can't get enough of reading how far up **** creek the Yams are, and I can never complain when yet another person puts the boot in.

Top stuff:thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
05-12-2009, 10:59 PM
"It was also confirmed the council have still not received the information required to grant Hearts planning permission and that the club have not paid a bill for the adjacent Tynecastle Nursery, which would have to be moved if they begin work. Children at the nursery are often read fairytales".

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Loving it :faf:

GreenOnions
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM

The only real merit to the article is that it puts some of the financial mismanagement there in sharp relief, ie their losing money hand over fist despite a massive transfer surplus (mainly due to Gordon). Everyone talks about how much Hibs have pocketed from selling players, but Hearts have a bigger surplus in the same period. Hibs built a state of the art training ground and wiped out all of their unstructured debt. What have Hearts done with it?

Bought the Scottish Cup one year?

Pedantic_Hibee
06-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Bought the Scottish Cup one year?

Aye, and how prosperous that has been for them.

Something to tell the grandkids in years, to which there response will be "Who are Heart of Midlothian?"

A question that half their current team no doubt ask on a daily basis.

greenginger
06-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Romanov has brought in £15.05 million in transfer fees ?

£10 m for Gordon and Bednar, about £1 m for Hartley.

Can't think of any other sizable fees.

Any ideas ?

Caversham Green
06-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Romanov has brought in £15.05 million in transfer fees ?

£10 m for Gordon and Bednar, about £1 m for Hartley.

Can't think of any other sizable fees.

Any ideas ?

Skacel and Berra?

Not sure where he gets the £2.25m for players bought though. Accounts for the last three years show in excess of £7m paid for transfer/registration fees.

Sergey
06-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Skacel and Berra?

Not sure where he gets the £2.25m for players bought though. Accounts for the last three years show in excess of £7m paid for transfer/registration fees.

Berra was €2,000,000 cash with no add-ons, which was £2.2M at the time.

Caversham Green
06-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Berra was €2,000,000 cash with no add-ons, which was £2.2M at the time.

Are you getting your £s and your €s mixed up there Sergey? Surely £2m=€2.2 rather than the other way round.

Anyway, that £2m/£2.2m gets us nearer to the £15m Greenginger was querying - maybe they're also counting Velicka even though that money went straight to Kaunas.

Sergey
06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Are you getting your £s and your €s mixed up there Sergey? Surely £2m=€2.2 rather than the other way round.

Anyway, that £2m/£2.2m gets us nearer to the £15m Greenginger was querying - maybe they're also counting Velicka even though that money went straight to Kaunas.

Aye....got that erse about elbow.

I'm sure there was a mention by a big-hitter on KB that the transfer was conducted in Euros. I've lost the link.

I also remember that Vlad collected the cheque (or draft) personally from the Wolves chairman.

Caversham Green
06-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Aye....got that erse about elbow.

I'm sure there was a mention by a big-hitter on KB that the transfer was conducted in Euros. I've lost the link.

I also remember that Vlad collected the cheque (or draft) personally from the Wolves chairman.

Just shows he's still interested in the club - nothing to see here, move on now.

lapsedhibee
06-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Just shows he's still interested in the club

:agree: You don't steer a U-boat through the Indian Ocean without having a hands-on approach.

scotty1875
06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
"Subsequent finishes have been fourth, eighth and third and Csaba Laszlo, the current coach, says a long-term strategy to stabilise the club is required. “It is always up and down, up and down. I would like to try to stabilise for the next two, three, four, five months, as long as possible.” :greengrin

Tick Tock...:timebomb: :lurksub:

jacomo
06-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Did he offer a discount if it was paid in non-sequential, used notes?

Agree that the article is nothing new, but summarising the whole of Vlad's reign does show just how severely he is shafting that club.

The_Todd
06-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Children at the nursery are often read fairytales.

A cracking line, but no nothing new here.

Incredibly, Vlad is still in credit with the Yams thanks to saving Tynecastle. An owner and fanbase so utterly deserving of each other.