PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Hibs players (merged)

7Hero
05-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Not sure if this is the feeling in the whole stadium or just in the FF upper. Having moved from the west last year to behind the goals, i am astonished at the negativity and general lack of patience the fans around me have.

Can't imagine how depressed they must have been last season with mixu. Is it just this part of the ground or have we become a bunch of football fans who seem to be upset if we don't play aswell as barcelona.

Thought we played pretty good, comfortable win, up n the top of the league, fair enough not world beaters but certainly not worth the amount of abuse players are getting.

The guy behingd me even came out wth a line of "come on zemmama, ya moroccan f*** ". Stokes also seems to encur the wrath of the hibees khans and when we try and keep the ball everybody is moaning cause its not going forward (2 nil up FFS).

Thnk a lot of folk have to get there expectations lowered, if we can't enjoy going to the footy when we are 3rd n the league, miles above the jambos and capable of so much more, when exactly are we going to ?

Anbody else think this ?

Liam89
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Agree with everything you said, some people need to put themselves in the footballers shoes. How exactly will it improve the players form shouting abuse at them. They should just try to enjoy the football on offer at easter road :rolleyes:

--------
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Not sure if this is the feeling in the whole stadium or just in the FF upper. Having moved from the west last year to behind the goals, i am astonished at the negativity and general lack of patience the fans around me have.

Can't imagine how depressed they must have been last season with mixu. Is it just this part of the ground or have we become a bunch of football fans who seem to be upset if we don't play aswell as barcelona.

Thought we played pretty good, comfortable win, up n the top of the league, fair enough not world beaters but certainly not worth the amount of abuse players are getting.

The guy behingd me even came out wth a line of "come on zemmama, ya moroccan f*** ". Stokes also seems to encur the wrath of the hibees khans and when we try and keep the ball everybody is moaning cause its not going forward (2 nil up FFS).

Thnk a lot of folk have to get there expectations lowered, if we can't enjoy going to the footy when we are 3rd n the league, miles above the jambos and capable of so much more, when exactly are we going to cheer up.

:devil:

You're obviously sitting in the "moanin git" section.

This is normal at ER. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that some Hibs fans actually hate the players they're supposed to be supporting....

Westie1875
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
There are a few beside me in the west lower, never happy no matter how well we are playing.

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Thnk a lot of folk have to get there expectations lowered, if we can't enjoy going to the footy when we are 3rd n the league, miles above the jambos and capable of so much more, when exactly are we going to ?

Anbody else think this ?

Plus ca change.

I think one of the things is that when the team does well, fairweather fans start to come back. The reason they are fairweather is because they can't handle the hard times, they only want good times.

On top of that, they seem to think that they have to let other people know they are there and come out with all the negative stuff, rather than just keeping their trap shut when things don't go the way they want.

Bayern Bru
05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
There are a few beside me in the west lower, never happy no matter how well we are playing.

Ah, you sit in the same section I do then.
:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I remember someone hurling abuse at a player who'd scored twice and made another. Can't remember who or when but I remember thinking how utterly ridiculous it was.

--------
05-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Plus ca change.

I think one of the things is that when the team does well, fairweather fans start to come back. The reason they are fairweather is because they can't handle the hard times, they only want good times.

On top of that, they seem to think that they have to let other people know they are there and come out with all the negative stuff, rather than just keeping their trap shut when things don't go the way they want.

Yup. And they assume that just because they've deigned to grace ER with their presence, the team should immediately win and win and win.

It doesn't work that way, but they won't admit that. So they turn on the team and spoil it for everyone else.

ArabHibee
05-12-2009, 06:04 PM
I agree to an extent. I wasn't at the game today so won't comment on performance, but although we won 2-0 last week, it certainly didn't feel like it, it was a ground out win but a win all the same.

Sometimes its hard to be a hibee.

lapsedhibee
05-12-2009, 06:09 PM
There's probably an argument to be made that if such people didn't have the harmless outlet of screaming abuse at their own players on a Saturday, their pathological aggression would be doing real damage to people or property elsewhere. So everytime you hear such an incident, be comforted that some wag/bairn/dug somewhere isn't getting a hiding.

Singed
S Freud

--------
05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
There's probably an argument to be made that if such people didn't have the harmless outlet of screaming abuse at their own players on a Saturday, their pathological aggression would be doing real damage to people or property elsewhere. So everytime you hear such an incident, be comforted that some wag/bairn/dug somewhere isn't getting a hiding.

Singed
S Freud

Not so sure it's such a harmless outlet, TBH. Gets pretty poisonous a lot of the time.

Irish_Steve
05-12-2009, 06:25 PM

Singed
S Freud

X-Factor or burnt beard??

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I agree to an extent. I wasn't at the game today so won't comment on performance, but although we won 2-0 last week, it certainly didn't feel like it, it was a ground out win but a win all the same.

Sometimes its hard to be a hibee.

I felt our performance today (although not perfect) was a few steps up from last week. :agree:

We have to keep in mind that Motherwell are a far better side than Falkirk this season... and we still ripped the p!sh out of them.

They have only lost twice this season. Both times against us. Yet we still have sour faced gits moaning and groaning at the odd misplaced pass, or miss hit shot.

I wonder if they actually celebrate when we score, because they only seem to focus on the few negatives. :rolleyes:

Onceinawhile
05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
The performance today was excellent. Nothing else.

When we were playing good possession football and keeping it away from M'well folk were still moaning "how come we're not going forward". FFS I came to the conclusion that the people near me knew nothing about football

People behind me were moaning at Zouma just before he set up the goal, because "he wasn't going anywhere"

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2009, 06:35 PM

Singed
S Freud

Think you slipped there Mr F.:greengrin

K. Young

--------
05-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I felt our performance today (although not perfect) was a few steps up from last week. :agree:

We have to keep in mind that Motherwell are a far better side than Falkirk this season... and we still ripped the p!sh out of them.

They have only lost twice this season. Both times against us. Yet we still have sour faced gits moaning and groaning at the odd misplaced pass, or miss hit shot.

I wonder if they actually celebrate when we score, because they only seem to focus on the few negatives. :rolleyes:

Some of them don't, actually. I've heard them girning at goalscorers - "Aboot time!" or, "Aw jings, he's actually pit it in the net!" or, "Wonders'll never cease - he's scored" - and this goes back to guys like Colin Stein, Joe McBride, and Alan Gordon....

If you care to think for a moment, you'll be able to start a wee list of such posting on a forum near YOU.... :greengrin

hibbybrian
05-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Some of them don't, actually. I've heard them girning at goalscorers - "Aboot time!" or, "Aw jings, he's actually pit it in the net!" or, "Wonders'll never cease - he's scored" - and this goes back to guys like Colin Stein, Joe McBride, and Alan Gordon....

If you care to think for a moment, you'll be able to start a wee list of such posting on a forum near YOU.... :greengrin

and as for Joe Baker's penalty miss in the game against Peebles :grr: :devil:

weststandhibby
05-12-2009, 06:50 PM
theres a boy who sits 2 rows in front of me in the west who starts on rankin before he even gets on the pitch!!! yeh we all pay our money and can shout your opinion but get a grip and SUPPORT the team !!

GGTTH

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Folk behind me were moaning like mad when we were keeping the ball and teasing Motherwell.
"Get it up the effin park":faf:

LaMotta
05-12-2009, 06:51 PM

I sat in the east today for a change, it was no different.

Boy in front of me moaning about Maka before the game, then moaned about him throughout the 90 minutes despite his brilliant peformance and clean sheet. He also found time to moan about players who used to play for us - Rob Jones was getting pelters for his "useless" time at Hibs.

Then he started moaning about the Hibs fans shouting for Hand Ball at one point claiming this proved they clearly knew nothing about football....

So it seems we have miserable, never to be pleased sods on at least three sides of the ground. :greengrin

keep the faith
05-12-2009, 07:02 PM

Anbody else think this ?

:top marks Great post. It been out of hand for a little while now. People need to speak up and tell these clowns to back off. Hughes is doing his bit to bring the feelgood factor back and its up to us to stamp out the pointless complaining form the stands.

Mon the hibs! We are going to split the old firm this year!!!

jacomo
05-12-2009, 07:57 PM
:top marks Great post. It been out of hand for a little while now. People need to speak up and tell these clowns to back off. Hughes is doing his bit to bring the feelgood factor back and its up to us to stamp out the pointless complaining form the stands.

Mon the hibs! We are going to split the old firm this year!!!

Easier to do in some parts of the ground than others.

Only been in the FF a few times... partly because it seems full of torn-faced moaners trying to outdo each other for misery.

In the East meanwhile, I've defended players like Maka to his (many) detractors, and had some banter about it.

erin go bragh
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
these so called fans really do my head in.[every time ive sat in the west ive found alot of moaning faced gits[and how much less room there is]
have to say that when ive been in the ff lower its been no bad[great view] but thats about it.
every hibby i am freindly with is sound as. so i dont no where these moaning faced gits come from:grr:

down-the-slope
05-12-2009, 09:34 PM
3 clowns behind me who have taken pot shots at Nish (fair enough he has been very poor until second half last week) in a very abusive vocal way.

When I heard them actually make a positive comment about him today I tok the chance to ask if I could have that positive comment in writing...cue lots of silence from the 3 stooges.

Don't suffer in silence...take every opportunity to shut them up :agree:

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
There are a lot of people who use the game as personal therapy and probably say stuff to the players that they would like to say to their wife/mother/boss. To be fair though, I think a lot of it is due to nerves and insecurity. It seems like we're almost waiting for the team to implode and fall away, and the longer this run goes on, the more the tension builds.

I think we, as a support, have to mature as the team have, and have the confidence to get behind them. Sometimes I do believe that we'd rather be flamboyant, lovable losers than winners who can graft and grind when things aren't going our way.

KingFranck
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Not just the FF that has the moaners i sit upstair in the West and can the clowns who were slating Maka for punching the ball stay away from ER and let us enjoy the best Hibs performances in years ? Thanks

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Stokes also seems to encur the wrath of the hibees khans and when we try and keep the ball everybody is moaning cause its not going forward (2 nil up FFS).
Anbody else think this ?

2 guys behind me were trying so hard to not give him any credit today - down to not meaning the pass he played with the outside of his boot and trying to take the 2nd goal off of him! Why?!

Folk behind me were moaning like mad when we were keeping the ball and teasing Motherwell.
"Get it up the effin park":faf:

No doubt the same guys that if it was launched up the park who would be saying "c'mon Hibs play football, we're a football team" :rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I think a lot of guys take out a week of anger which they built up from elsewhere, and just let it out at ER.

Everyone inside ER is a Hibs fan, and obviously want us to be winning, no matter how much they moan and go radge.

sauzee1966
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I totally agree...Im in the East and generally there is a good support for all the players. A few years back a guy that used to come to the Big Games only used to stand at the front of the terracing and within 2 minutes of that game starting he was shouting abuse at a player...changed from week to week. Eventually i ( politely) told him to shut up ...go home and look up the meaning...actually that was the last time i saw him!

Yup. And they assume that just because they've deigned to grace ER with their presence, the team should immediately win and win and win.

It doesn't work that way, but they won't admit that. So they turn on the team and spoil it for everyone else.

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Had a wee giggle when a drunk guy near me tried to start a song at the top of his voice.

"10 men couldny.........lift !" "eh no"
"10 men and his dug , couldny lift......nade":faf:

What made it funnier was his son (i think) said "if you do that again , i'm going over there to sit with my mates"
:faf:

Fair play to the guy for trying but..............:faf:

thebakerboy
05-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Was in the back row (RR) of the FF today and sitting next to 2 guys many years younger than me who were having a disagreement all game about David Wotherspoon 1 thought he was crap always giving the ball away and the other thought he was best young player at ER . What I would like to here is about other mates who totally disagree about HIBS players :devil::grr::devil:

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Was in the back row (RR) of the FF today and sitting next to 2 guys many years younger than me who were having a disagreement all game about David Wotherspoon 1 thought he was crap always giving the ball away and the other thought he was best young player at ER . What I would like to here is about other mates who totally disagree about HIBS players :devil::grr::devil:

My mate thinks Makalambay is murder, but I actually think he is decent.... Good solid game today from the big man

EasterRoad4Ever
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM

Anbody else think this ?

We moved from the FF lower to the West Lower, and the atmosphere is brilliant. Some really good guys (of a certain age) around us who know what the games about, don's slag off players, yet appreciate what's going on at ER at the moment. Not getting ahead of ourselves, but there's definitely a realisation that something strange going on..

TheMentalHibees
05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Not a big fan of Nish, but he played fantastic today. As a team, one of the best performances of the season so far.

steakbake
05-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Know that big guy in the East stand who sings all game long? "Mon the cabbage" etc? He was giving someone pelters and the boy a few rows behind me told him to shut up and start supporting the team. There was a bit of a rammy about it, but the big man was silenced. It's just the nature of football.

Incidentally, saw Pat Nevin in the East stand today. Pleased to see he hasn't succumbed to the comforts of a prawn marie rose sarnie and a glass of schloer in the Oli Gottskalkson Suite.