PDA

View Full Version : Riordan: From Flamboyant Goalscorer To Complete Player

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
The biggest piece of theft in Scottish football has been getting him back for a few hundred grand.

His relentless evolution continues.

Yogi is making the gifted 'daft laddie' into a bona fide all rounder.

500miles
05-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Wasn't at the game today, but his progress has been evident for a couple of months now. Very pleasing.

thebakerboy
05-12-2009, 09:01 PM
As I posted elsewhere today WHAT THE F*** has Yogi done to Deeks defending from the front , making runs behind defenders , passing , heading, swapping sides with Zouma in fact a complete team player who can still score goals but more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy:

Crab apple
05-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I thought he worked really hard today.

LancashireHibby
05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Think it's a case of him growing in maturity and realising that there is always room for improvement. Credit to all concerned, I reckon :agree:

sauzee1966
05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I have to agree with what your saying but can the same not be said for a good few players...Wotherspoon....Murray....Bamba....etc.
I think that Yogi has love for the club and also loves to get the best from the guys he works with.
Its like any work....if you have a good manager then the people that work under them will always perform.

Long may it continue

QUOTE=Crab apple;2265211]I thought he worked really hard today.[/QUOTE]

Elephant Stone
05-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Any word on his injury? I thought it looked quite bad at the time.

the lurker
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I think it was just cramp due to the mileage he put in today.
He was tremendous.
Cheers Alec

MyJo
05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
possibly the best forward in the SPL today and getting better week on week. superb

silverhibee
05-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Deek starting to peak as a football player.:agree:

Silver Fox
05-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Another great performance. :agree:

The Harp Awakes
05-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Deeks getting better and better with every game. Every time he gets the ball now you expect something special. A class act.

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Riordan was simply outstanding today!

Does a helluva lot of work that he never used to to do.

Seriously, the workrate this laddie is showing is chalk and cheese to what he used to be like, to think we signed him back with a big beer belly tae!.

Hibs took Deek hame for 150K..Celtic splashed out 4million for Fortune..whose the mugs?:thumbsup:

Saorsa
05-12-2009, 11:50 PM
I have tae say I've never been that bothered about what Deek was doing as long as he was banging in the goals because that's what he does best (and I hope neither he nor anybody else ever loses sight of that :greengrin ) but it is great tae see him getting stuck in and working for the team (his team) as well. Best bit of business we've done in a long time bringing that lad back and I hope we never let him go again :agree: :thumbsup:

matty_f
06-12-2009, 12:11 AM
I have tae say I've never been that bothered about what Deek was doing as long as he was banging in the goals because that's what he does best (and I hope neither he nor anybody else ever loses sight of that :greengrin ) but it is great tae see him getting stuck in and working for the team (his team) as well. Best bit of business we've done in a long time bringing that lad back and I hope we never let him go again :agree: :thumbsup:

:top marks

He was outstanding today, and was probably worth his MOTM award last week, too.

Kiddo
06-12-2009, 02:32 AM
We can all blame the famous CCS when he leaves us in january. You's may think you's help, but no one wants you's here, total ******$

H18sry
06-12-2009, 02:58 AM
We can all blame the famous CCS when he leaves us in january. You's may think you's help, but no one wants you's here, total ******$

:confused::wtf:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 07:52 AM
we can all blame the famous ccs when he leaves us in january. You's may think you's help, but no one wants you's here, total ******$

ltyf?

Pedantic_Hibee
06-12-2009, 07:57 AM
ltyf?

:agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
06-12-2009, 09:31 AM

what is this all about?:confused:

Kiddo
06-12-2009, 11:07 AM
what is this all about?:confused:

the CCS tryed to attack riordan in lloyds last night

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2009, 11:10 AM

:spammy::blah::blah:

benji49
06-12-2009, 11:10 AM
And to think Celtic nearly finished him, well done Hibs.:thumbsup:

Hibs90
06-12-2009, 11:47 AM

I was in Lloyds last night, what time was this?

Kiddo
06-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I was in Lloyds last night, what time was this?

Don't know the exact time mate, but was between 9 and 10ish,

Kiddo
06-12-2009, 12:10 PM
yeah, due to the fact some random guy started on them and got decked, and deek legged it

joe_hfc
06-12-2009, 12:16 PM
When you say "Tryed", does this mean they didn't succeed?

He made a spelling mistake ffs, I can't stand the 'I only post to correct grammar and punctuation flaws' brigade, when you understand perfectly well the ***** the guy is spouting out :yawn:

Hibs90
06-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Don't know the exact time mate, but was between 9 and 10ish,

I was there, never seen anything to be honest. Although I was rather pished.

.Sean.
06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Why would the cashies start on Deeks? :confused:

Full story, please...

LamontHFC©
06-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Chill, it's gone from a thread to say how superb Deeko has been recently, to discussing involving some pishy, probably made up story about the 'famous CCS' starting on Deek last night.

Who gives a flying one. I hate when rubbish like this takes over a perfectly good thread.

California-Hibs
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Hmm, is this the same Riordan who limped off the park very slowly with an injury..? I find it very difficult to believe he was seen ''spriting'' out of Lloyds a few hours later last night.
I think your talking pish :agree:

H113EE5
06-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Geeez, I must have been watching the wrong game. Deeks was absolutely cr@p yesterday. Moaned constantly when he didn't get a pass and when he was to blame for failing to pass to another Hibs player, it was always the other players fault. His body langauge is poor and he goes in the huff if he doesn't get the ball. OK he scores goals. Name another player who has the same attitude problem and scores goals? Correct, that lazy git, named Boyd at the Huns.

Riorden as Scotland squad material, I think not.

Now I'll be called a closet Jambo for critising St Deek. Complete Footballer?? You're having a laugh DBS

MyJo
06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Geeez, I must have been watching the wrong game. Deeks was absolutely cr@p yesterday. Moaned constantly when he didn't get a pass and when he was to blame for failing to pass to another Hibs player, it was always the other players fault. His body langauge is poor and he goes in the huff if he doesn't get the ball. OK he scores goals. Name another player who has the same attitude problem and scores goals? Correct, that lazy git, named Boyd at the Huns.

Now I'll be called a closet Jambo for critising St Deek. Complete Footballer?? You're having a laugh DBS

I'm not labelling you a closet Jambo........a clueless moron, yes......but closet jambo no.

California-Hibs
06-12-2009, 04:02 PM

:faf: Are you for real????

Bob1875
06-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Tell you what, I'm inruiged as to what's happened here. Guy I'm sitting with in the pub said he seen Riordan gettin a kick in outside omni centre. I look on here and see that **** about outside lloyds?? Boy here said that Riordan done f all and was set upon by hibs casuals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
06-12-2009, 04:32 PM

LTYF

:faf::faf::faf:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 04:33 PM

A damn good one, as it happens, and its all thanks to you. Oh, and Hearts. My word, it has been an amusing Sunday.

H113EE5
06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Excellent, being slagged off from a couple of kids, who wouldn't know a footballer if he kicked them on the ar$e.

I did laugh at one of the posts that suggested that Rioran came off as he was suffering from cramp. It would be interesting to review ProZone and see the number of metres covered by Deeks that resulted in his cramp.

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Excellent, being slagged off from a couple of kids, who wouldn't know a footballer if he kicked them on the ar$e.

I did laugh at one of the posts that suggested that Rioran came off as he was suffering from cramp. It would be interesting to review ProZone and see the number of metres covered by Deeks that resulted in his cramp.

Now you're flattering me!

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Let me get this right, the people who protect us hibs fans from other troublemakers, and make it safe for us to go to the football, are now attacking the players we go to watch. I smell a new book.:faf:

.Sean.
06-12-2009, 05:18 PM
As I said before, I think these suggestions that Deeks took a pasting from Hibs casuals are ludicrous.

I mean, why the **** would they :confused:

Andy74
06-12-2009, 05:23 PM

The physio signalled to the bench that it was cramp and he was getting the usual stetch for it. He really stretched for a challenge just before it. And cramp isn't just about fitness or distance covered

Jim44
06-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Far from endorsing the views of H113EES, I don't think Riordan's performance yesterday warrants special mention, either good or bad. He certainly wasn't 'cr@p, but he hardly earned the unreserved praise he seems to get from all and sundry. I thought Nish put Riordan in the shade yesterday.

Saorsa
06-12-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm not labelling you a closet Jambo........a clueless moron, yes......but closet jambo no.:agree:

Sumner
06-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Great to see Derek go from strength to strength, 01 Derek Riordan :agree:

silverhibee
06-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I was there, never seen anything to be honest. Although I was rather pished.

And obvious you must have fell a sleep as well if you missed the alleged incident.:greengrin:dizzy.
Atleast twenty casuals wanted to do damage to one person, a bystander stood into cool things down and was kicked senseless by the tough casuals, the one person left promptly thinking it was the best thing to do before he got a kicking as well.
Well done the ccs picking on one of our own. you must be so proud. NOT.:grr:

silverhibee
06-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Tell you what, I'm inruiged as to what's happened here. Guy I'm sitting with in the pub said he seen Riordan gettin a kick in outside omni centre. I look on here and see that **** about outside lloyds?? Boy here said that Riordan done f all and was set upon by hibs casuals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. But he never got a kicking, done nothing at all but the casuals wanted a victim to take a liberty on. Strange choice though.:rolleyes:

silverhibee
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Let me get this right, the people who protect us hibs fans from other troublemakers, and make it safe for us to go to the football, are now attacking the players we go to watch. I smell a new book.:faf:

Looks like it BH.

silverhibee
06-12-2009, 08:59 PM
The physio signalled to the bench that it was cramp and he was getting the usual stetch for it. He really stretched for a challenge just before it. And cramp isn't just about fitness or distance covered

And he is carrying a wee injury too.

.Sean.
06-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Correct. But he never got a kicking, done nothing at all but the casuals wanted a victim to take a liberty on. Strange choice though.:rolleyes:
Confused here likesay :confused:

You're saying Riordan never got a kicking... so whats the strange choice?

silverhibee
06-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Confused here likesay :confused:

You're saying Riordan never got a kicking... so whats the strange choice?

That the casuals wanted to give him a kicking, thats the strange choice. Why him.

.Sean.
06-12-2009, 10:20 PM
That the casuals wanted to give him a kicking, thats the strange choice. Why him.
Fair point, I stated that earlier in the thread.

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 10:29 PM
When they say 'casuals' do they mean 80's veteran CCS or some spotty young herberts of today who've appropriated those monikers but who are characterised only by their abominable dress sense?

Coco Bryce
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM
When they say 'casuals' do they mean 80's veteran CCS or some spotty young herberts of today who've appropriated those monikers but who are characterised only by their abominable dress sense?

I would hazard a guess at the latter Bob :agree:

Veterans would probably be more prone to getting his autograph for their bairns nowadays :wink:

Minder
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Was this the Real CCS or maybe even the Continuity CCS? Or most likely some jambo fuds acting up.

Baw187
06-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Was this the Real CCS or maybe even the Continuity CCS? Or most likely some jambo fuds acting up.

Aye. Does anyone know with any degree of certainty that that those having a go at Deek were CCS, and by definition Hibs followers? Cannae imagine that anyone who follows Hibs would want to mame Deek.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-12-2009, 10:59 PM

My old coach used to carry a salt cellar wi him and sprinkle a wad on the back o yer hand for you to lick for cramp! Strange old B@gger.....

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 11:01 PM
My old coach used to carry a salt cellar wi him and sprinkle a wad on the back o yer hand for you to lick for cramp! Strange old B@gger.....

Is cramp not caused by lack of salt in your blood / muscles? Makes sense but can't see it getting into your system so quickly to relieve it immediately!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Is cramp not caused by lack of salt in your blood / muscles? Makes sense but can't see it getting into your system so quickly to relieve it immediately!

Can I just say that never once did gobbing the salt ever relieve the cramp at the time...... That usually involved hopping about in agony trying to stetch it out! :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM

What was their motive?

silverhibee
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Aye. Does anyone know with any degree of certainty that that those having a go at Deek were CCS, and by definition Hibs followers? Cannae imagine that anyone who follows Hibs would want to mame Deek.

Yes ccs, and attend Hibs games.

Baw187
06-12-2009, 11:13 PM

Find this rather disturbing.

Don't want to draw any conclusions on this but it would suggest to me that he's made enemies with dodgy people for whatever reason, and that cannae be good for him as a player. I know if I was watching my back for the CCS then I probably wouldn't be able to perform to the best of my ability in my job. Never mind uindertaking your job knowing they're watching you.

NaeTechnoHibby
07-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Find this rather disturbing.

Don't want to draw any conclusions on this but it would suggest to me that he's made enemies with dodgy people for whatever reason, and that cannae be good for him as a player. I know if I was watching my back for the CCS then I probably wouldn't be able to perform to the best of my ability in my job. Never mind uindertaking your job knowing they're watching you.

SAVE Deeks now :thumbsup:

Wherever you are, aat whatime...:thumbsup:

We need him NOW, and all else is irrelevent :agree:

hibhib7
07-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Far from endorsing the views of H113EES, I don't think Riordan's performance yesterday warrants special mention, either good or bad. He certainly wasn't 'cr@p, but he hardly earned the unreserved praise he seems to get from all and sundry. I thought Nish put Riordan in the shade yesterday.I didn't think he was one of our best players yesterday and he never looks as if he trains as hard as others. We can never leave him out the team because of his unique ability to get goals from nothing but he could do with a bit more sprint training. I hope all that other stuff is just nonsense.

MoantheCabbage
07-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Is it just me but I thought Deeks was barred from every club/ pub in town?

I thought he was exceptional today. How anyone on here can say that he didnt track back and make him self avail going forward is beyond me.

Steve20
07-12-2009, 10:28 AM

Wouldn't say you are a closet Jambo, just someone who clearly hasn't been watching Riordan this season. Either that or you haven't got a clue. He has been anything but lazy this season.

hibhib7
07-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Far from endorsing the views of H113EES, I don't think Riordan's performance yesterday warrants special mention, either good or bad. He certainly wasn't 'cr@p, but he hardly earned the unreserved praise he seems to get from all and sundry. I thought Nish put Riordan in the shade yesterday.I didn't think he was one of our best players yesterday and he never looks as if he trains as hard as others. We can never leave him out the team because of his unique ability to get goals from nothing but he could do with a bit more sprint training. I hope all that other stuff is just nonsense.

Keith_M
07-12-2009, 03:12 PM

I have to agree, you MUST have been watching a different game from the rest of us.

:agree:

California-Hibs
07-12-2009, 03:20 PM
So is there any more information on this alledged incident? I'm really hoping its aload of rubbish, because as posted in previous posts, it could have an effect on how he performs on the pitch.

pentlando
07-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Is it just me but I thought Deeks was barred from every club/ pub in town?

I thought he was exceptional today. How anyone on here can say that he didnt track back and make him self avail going forward is beyond me.

Only places that fall under a certain company, Unight Security i think it is...seen him out in karma after the Celtic game, was acting fine and had a small army keeping an eye on him.

I remember a similar incident just after he moved to Celtic, it was at Stereo where he managed to leave about 5 mins b4 a large crowd turned up claiming to be the CCS looking for him

May be related to that? :confused:

Petrie's Tache
07-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I would hazard a guess at the latter Bob :agree:

Veterans would probably be more prone to getting his autograph for their bairns nowadays :wink:

Think we should get the older guard to give these little scroats a good slapping?:agree::wink:

.Sean.
07-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Only places that fall under a certain company, Unight Security i think it is...seen him out in karma after the Celtic game, was acting fine and had a small army keeping an eye on him.

I remember a similar incident just after he moved to Celtic, it was at Stereo where he managed to leave about 5 mins b4 a large crowd turned up claiming to be the CCS looking for him

May be related to that? :confused:
Perhaps back then they have thought that moving to Celtic merited a kicking... but he's been back for nearly a year and a half now, I see no reason why they'd be up for doing him :confused:

Then again i've never seen him out and about so I couldn't say what he's like... any fellow .netters met him out up town?

Minder
07-12-2009, 05:36 PM

So he knows them. No doubt this will be sorted soon. Do not care for any background to this nonsense. We are possibly on the verge of a great season and and anything which risks this cannot be tolerated. It is truly shameful that any Hibs follower would look to attack any Hibs player.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Think we should get the older guard to give these little scroats a good slapping?:agree::wink:

Not that I condemn this - just looking for the right terminology would that be deemed an "honour beating"?

Sloppy
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/hardest-ive-ever-worked-20091208_2262950_1898650

apologies if posted elsewhere

GreenCastle
08-12-2009, 06:47 PM
This is a very odd thread - Surely if Deeks goes out he is best hanging around someone who will look after him or doesn't attract trouble ? :confused:

As for the article he says he hadn't worked that hard since Motherwell previously....and why not ?!!! :wink:

Seriously glad to see he's improving every game - as Silverhibee keeps telling us he is carrying an injury....lets hope this gets sorted ASAP and is nothing too serious to affect him over the next few months.