PDA

View Full Version : Best performance since?

hibsbollah
05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm struggling to think of the last time ive been so impressed with a complete team performance...Every one of them was superb today.

Rangers cup game in 2006? CIS Cup Final?

Andy74
05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Last time we played Motherwell. We were probably even better second half at fir park.

Crab apple
05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm struggling to think of the last time ive been so impressed with a complete team performance...Every one of them was superb today.

Best team performance in a long while. After we got the second goal I thought the passing and movement was really impressive. Best thing for me was we look like a strong and well organised team defensively. Some players still not firing on all cylinders but that is no more than nit picking. Well done guys.

Winston Ingram
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
We were brilliant today. I actually thought Motherwell gave up cos we were battering them so much:agree:

hibsbollah
05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Pressed the ball throughout the game, everyone working hard. Special word for Hogg who I thought was almost faultless and hopefully will have silenced his critics:thumbsup:

Can I dust off the passport yet?:dizzy:

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Pressed the ball throughout the game, everyone working hard. Special word for Hogg who I thought was almost faultless and hopefully will have silenced his critics:thumbsup:

He was excellent :agree:

WestEndHibee
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
There wasn't a moment in the second half where i was worried about the game. I haven't been able to say that in a long while. Best I've seen them in years. Thought nishy put in a cracker of a shift aswell.

Hibby Bairn
05-12-2009, 10:07 PM

Maybe work on his distribution? Or just give it to someone who can do it for him?

Jonnyboy
There wasn't a moment in the second half where i was worried about the game. I haven't been able to say that in a long while. Best I've seen them in years. Thought nishy put in a cracker of a shift aswell.

The much maligned Colin Nish was my man of the match today. Good first touch, tireless workrate and a few very good passes :agree:

Dashing Bob S
Seen us play more devastating up front (Fir Park) but never so good (probably ever) in winning the ball and not letting the opposition get in the game.

Russian Hibs Fan
05-12-2009, 10:09 PM
... since we beat them 6-1 at Fir Park probably!

Sas_The_Hibby
05-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Can we play Motherwell every week, please?

CapitalHibs
05-12-2009, 10:12 PM
We were brilliant today. I actually thought Motherwell gave up cos we were battering them so much:agree:

I thought exactly the same thing.

jabis
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Who was the guy who looked like Nish,but didn't fall over,or get caught offside all the time,linked play ,and showed great skill with the ball at his feet ?

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Our best performance since the last time we wore the white strips.

Sir David Gray
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
That was up there as one of the best all round performances that I have probably ever seen by a Hibs team.

Sas_The_Hibby
05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Who was the guy who looked like Nish,but didn't fall over,or get caught offside all the time,linked play ,and showed great skill with the ball at his feet ?

I saw him too. It certainly wasn't Nish, because this guy didn't moan about decisions throughout the game. I even saw him run AND tackle.

I must admit I'd pretty well given up on Nish earlier in the season but the last 1.5 games (:wink:) he's a changed character. Perhaps Yogi threatened to do him serious damage at half time in the Falkirk game!

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM

Played brilliantly as a team at ibrox in 1-1 about 6 weeks ago. This was great display though..... More of the same at Killie please.....

RigRoars
05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Best performance since?

Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby.

Seriously though,i couldn't make it today but its great to see so many positive
threads and posts.And what sounded like a fantastic performance.

greenlex
05-12-2009, 10:56 PM
... since we beat them 6-1 at Fir Park probably!
:agree: Although our pressing them when they had the ball today was even better.

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
We were decent today. But I wouldn't say we were superb.

Motherwell were utter mince.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Team spirit on the park was something else today ! Not seen anything like it since the vintage 2002 McLeish side.

We may just be witnessing something very special at Hibs just now. Who knows where this will go or for how long, but its VERY different to anything I've seen ER way in the last 7/8 years.

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 11:00 PM

We made them look poor.

The Harp Awakes
05-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Hibs were quite simply outstanding today. We pressed Motherwell all over the pitch never giving them a chance to settle. Great all rond team performance.

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 11:06 PM
We made them look poor.

They just couldn't handle the flair. :cool2:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
05-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Got to say, this Hibs team looks the best all round side that I've seen since the 70's. Miller's men in the mid 90's were very good, but inconsistent due to lack of squad numbers. McLeish's team was essentially built on two veteran players (Latas and Sauzee), the rest were mostly good journeyman pro's like Mixu and Matty Jack. Mowbray's team was youthful and exciting but had little experience and terrible keepers. I think this team is the perfect balance of star player, experience and youthful zest; and has a manager that can get the best out of them.

MacBean
06-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Our best performance since the last time we wore the white strips.

we seem to play brilliant in the white strips! we wont be touching the black ones worn at Hamilton thats for sure!!

sleeping giant
06-12-2009, 12:05 AM
We made them look poor.

Bossed them :agree:

Who's yer Daddy :greengrin

Saorsa
06-12-2009, 12:10 AM

Rangers cup game in 2006? CIS Cup Final?:agree:

I'm only a home supporter these days so cannae comment on performances elsewhere but that's the best all round performance I've seen this season.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hibsfan7
06-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Just one word

brilliant

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 12:50 AM
:agree:

I'm only a home supporter these days so cannae comment on performances elsewhere but that's the best all round performance I've seen this season.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just felt if needed be we could have stepped up a gear at anytime :agree:

Zemmama neads to learn when tae stoap showboatin tho :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
06-12-2009, 11:19 AM

They just couldn't handle the flair. :cool2:

:bitchy:

I think your a yam :agree:

Just one word

brilliant
:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Best performance since Motherwell away. No other team in the SPL just now can pass and move like that. We may not be able to do the Rangers-boring grind, or the Celtic-hit on the break, but when we do that, no one can live with us. Three points from the weekend would have been a cert on that showing, no matter who we played.:applause::thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
07-12-2009, 12:26 AM
It was as rounded a performance as I've seen in ages.

Better than anything we did under Mixu, imo.

Best since the Cup win, probably.

Well, mibbes...

NaeTechnoHibby
07-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Got to say, this Hibs team looks the best all round side that I've seen since the 70's. Miller's men in the mid 90's were very good, but inconsistent due to lack of squad numbers. McLeish's team was essentially built on two veteran players (Latas and Sauzee), the rest were mostly good journeyman pro's like Mixu and Matty Jack. Mowbray's team was youthful and exciting but had little experience and terrible keepers. I think this team is the perfect balance of star player, experience and youthful zest; and has a manager that can get the best out of them.

I agree with most of that, ye missed out the absolutely 'complete performance' of JC's Cup Team :agree:

Other than that I thought we were great, without still firing on all cylinders :agree:

There's more to come from this team IMO :thumbsup:

houstonhibbee
07-12-2009, 04:14 AM
I would say its our best all round performance since beating Gretna 6-0 at Easter Rd in the League Cup in 2005. That night we played a very controlled passing game and scored some great goals. I hate to say it but Katy was superb that night - and Liam Miller has now more than filled his boots I would say.

PISTOL1875
07-12-2009, 07:28 AM
The much maligned Colin Nish was my man of the match today. Good first touch, tireless workrate and a few very good passes :agree:

Nish upped his game.. Stayed onside , wasn't falling over at every opportunity.. Great performance... :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
07-12-2009, 07:30 AM
He was excellent :agree:

Just goes to show that Yogi pulled a masterstroke in dropping him for a few games when his form was going down the toilet.... :top marks:top marks:top marks

MB62
07-12-2009, 08:59 AM

There were quite a few candidates on Saturday for that honour, but despite Stokes 2 (?) goals, I agree with you J.C. Big Nishy was superb on Saturday :thumbsup:

sahib
07-12-2009, 09:44 AM
There were quite a few candidates on Saturday for that honour, but despite Stokes 2 (?) goals, I agree with you J.C. Big Nishy was superb on Saturday :thumbsup:

I thought Bamba had a very good game apart from a possibly rash challenge for the Well penalty claim.

MB62
07-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I thought Bamba had a very good game apart from a possibly rash challenge for the Well penalty claim.

Bamba, Hogg, Murray, Maka, Rankin, Miller, Nish, Stokes, Deeks, in particular but everyone single one of them really.
If Zouma and Stokes were not so greedy in front of goal, we might have had half a dozen goals, but not going to criticise anybody on Saturday.
Deeks might not have been his usual clinical self but he ran his socks off. Admittedly he was blowing out his backside a good 5 minutes before he was subbed but the man had put in a good shift and that's why we have subs.

JimBHibees
07-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Last time we played Motherwell. We were probably even better second half at fir park.

I agree I thought we were better in that game than on Saturday, very good as Saturday was.