PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell's Loan Signings

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I think there is a real chance that Motherwell could fall away after Christmas for the race for 3rd. They've been very impressive so far this season, and a large part of this is due to their loan signings of Moutaouakil the right back, Jutkiewicz the striker and Ruddy the Goalkeeper.

All three of these players' spells at the club are due to end in the January window next month, and Jutkiewicz has stated that he is hopeful of going back to Everton after impressing up here.

Do you think Motherwell will be able to keep up without these players?

Should we possibly go in for any of them?

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I think they'll fall away in February/March, with or without their loan players, - they've been paying in the InterToto since June - it's usually the way.

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Think Gannon has done a brilliant job at Well, but I can't see them keeping pace with the top four. I think A'deen and, perhaps even the yams (depending on what happens off the pitch there, obviously) might catch them. Apart from the loans returning, they also have quite a number of young chaps, who will blow hot and cold. They've been punching above their weight, but it could be a long winter for them. Hope not, because even when they were being almost overwhelmed today, they kept trying to play football.

MSK
05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
I think there is a real chance that Motherwell could fall away after Christmas for the race for 3rd. They've been very impressive so far this season, and a large part of this is due to their loan signings of Moutaouakil the right back, Jutkiewicz the striker and Ruddy the Goalkeeper.

All three of these players' spells at the club are due to end in the January window next month, and Jutkiewicz has stated that he is hopeful of going back to Everton after impressing up here.

Do you think Motherwell will be able to keep up without these players?

Should we possibly go in for any of them?No ..we want to improve the team...i dont think any of those players would improve us ..

overdrive
05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
What club is the right back on loan from? I'd take him at ER!

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Charlton, a french under 21 international, speedy to say the least...

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
No ..we want to improve the team...i dont think any of those players would improve us ..

The keeper certainly wouldn't - he looked a bit of a bombscare.

I think Reynolds would be a decent signing for us long-term or Craigan (who I know didn't play today) would be useful short-term - especially to cover January when Bamba's away.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
No ..we want to improve the team...i dont think any of those players would improve us ..

Jutkiewicz has got 6 goals so far, and is a decent target man, a very decent prospect...

DaveF
05-12-2009, 09:46 PM
What club is the right back on loan from? I'd take him at ER!

Pretty sure he's already stated in the press that he's here to put himself in the window as he wants another crack at the English leagues. Sure I read he was with Charlton at some point in his career.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Pretty sure he's already stated in the press that he's here to put himself in the window as he wants another crack at the English leagues. Sure I read he was with Charlton at some point in his career.

As previously mentioned, hes still at Charlton who paid £550k for him last year, and was loaned out as he wasnt suited to the physical nature of League 1 apparently...

marinello59
05-12-2009, 09:57 PM
As previously mentioned, hes still at Charlton who paid £550k for him last year, and was loaned out as he wasnt suited to the physical nature of League 1 apparently...

I could see why that would be.

I hope the next time the Old Firm are talking about which of our players they could poach we are more understanding.:greengrin