PDA

View Full Version : Yams I took a Jambo to ER today

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
He's an ST holder at the PBS. He was pretty quiet during the game, as one would expect, but was gracious enough to concede afterwards that "on that performance Hibs are streets ahead of Hearts right now", which, while manifestly obvious from a simple glance at the table, is not the sort of thing you hear from his mouth.

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
He's an ST holder at the PBS. He was pretty quiet during the game, as one would expect, but was gracious enough to concede afterwards that "on that performance Hibs are streets ahead of Hearts right now", which, while manifestly obvious from a simple glance at the table, is not the sort of thing you hear from his mouth.

We're streets ahead in a number of other departments, not just on the pitch...

Barney McGrew
05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
We're streets ahead in a number of other departments

We're streets ahead of them in every department :cool2:

wazoo1875
05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm just a street along from them and i can say i havnae heard a peep from anyone .
The jambos are quiet the now and it's dynamite , get it right up them is what i say :greengrin

Davy Mac
05-12-2009, 09:08 PM

Don't you know Bob that Scottish fitba is so dire just now anyone could split the the infirm just now, don't you know Bob the way forward is to breed your own youngsters and don't buy your team, don't you know Bob if Laslo had a decent striker they would be challenging too, don't you know Bob apparently we've been playing shxte just like them but we've had the breaks and they havenae..........don't you agree Bob that being a Hibee just now it just a teensee wee bit better than being a jumbo just now - GIRFUY:greengrin

jabis
05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Took a Jambo along for his 2nd game this season,his comment as we got back to the pub..."Aye,you'll turn me into a Hibby yet !"

Retired ex-headmaster,and seriously dissallusioned with Hurts :thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Don't you know Bob that Scottish fitba is so dire just now anyone could split the the infirm just now, don't you know Bob the way forward is to breed your own youngsters and don't buy your team, don't you know Bob if Laslo had a decent striker they would be challenging too, don't you know Bob apparently we've been playing shxte just like them but we've had the breaks and they havenae..........don't you agree Bob that being a Hibee just now it just a teensee wee bit better than being a jumbo just now - GIRFUY:greengrin

:top marks Excellent, don't you just love it....:faf:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 07:46 PM
The same Jambo took me to the pub for the game. (I managed to hold of going till I heard they were two goals down, then I practically sprinted down the road.)

I got in with a huge smile on my face, only for the Yams to score and another Yam of my acquaintance to shout defiantly at me, 'the fightback starts here!' I was a tad unnerved that my Sunday would be spoiled till Saint Mikey saw red. The local Yams were ever so upset. The second sending off and the penalty decision had them going crazy.

Refering to the terrible football, my Yamchum said, 'Sorry to subject you to that, Bob.'

Of course I explained that there really was no need. I enjoyed myself immensely.

So I'd like to thank the players, management and supporters of both Edinburgh clubs for ensuring that I've had a lovely weekend.

sam armstrong
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM

Ovservant chap:greengrin