PDA

View Full Version : bamba

forthhibby
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
in years to come when they are discussing the greatest player to wear the green and white, his name will be mentioned. Differant class today and strolls through the game

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
As centre halfs go, in my time of watching Hibs, there's been none better.:top marks

GC
05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
As centre halfs go, in my time of watching Hibs, there's been none better.:top marks

Surely you can't have forgotten a certain Mr Caldwell?

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Surely you can't have forgotten a certain Mr Caldwell?

Silly me.:wink:

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Or Sauzee.

He has reached cult status but will he win the Champions League? Actually, he might well do that in the future.

--------
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Or Sauzee.

He has reached cult status but will he win the Champions League? Actually, he might well do that in the future.

All in good time. The African Nations' Cup in january, the World Cup in the summer, a HUGE transfer to the Premiership after that, and the world will thereafter be his oyster.

(And maybe a wee something in Scotland before he leaves us?)

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Or Sauzee.

I knew Sauzee's name would come up, but he was never a centre half when he played at the back for us. He'd play behind Fenwick and Smith.

GC
05-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Or Sauzee.

I was going to mention him before I remembered Caldwell.

Sauzee was a sweeper though in his later days with Hibs after his wee stint in midfield.

Hibs90
05-12-2009, 07:38 PM
in years to come when they are discussing the greatest player to wear the green and white, his name will be mentioned. Differant class today and strolls through the game

Spot on.:thumbsup:

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2009, 07:41 PM

Sauzee was a sweeper though in his later days with Hibs after his wee stint in midfield.

That's true, but for the rest of his career at Marseille and with France he was a centre half. Bamba can go far, I've never seen a better performance from him than I saw today - perhaps except for the 1st Semi-Final we played against the Pars at Hampden.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
That's true, but for the rest of his career at Marseille and with France he was a centre half. Bamba can go far, I've never seen a better performance from him than I saw today - perhaps except for the 1st Semi-Final we played against the Pars at Hampden.

Naw he wisnae.:confused: He has never been a centre half in his life.

GC
05-12-2009, 07:44 PM

Been a midfielder all his days, only moved to the back at Hibs when his legs were not what they were but his mind could still outclass the opposition forwards.

--------
05-12-2009, 07:45 PM

We are discussing Franck Sauzee and Gary Caldwell in the same posts?

Calamity Caldwell and the Kaiser? :faf:

GC
05-12-2009, 07:48 PM
We are discussing Franck Sauzee and Gary Caldwell in the same posts?

Calamity Caldwell and the Kaiser? :faf:

Aye Caldwell was clearly a joke.

I bet he hears that alot is his life.

hibbybob
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
back to Bamba - when he signed quite a few pundits / journalists openly laughed. They've all gone rather quiet now!! Full marks to Mixu for signing him :wink:

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Been a midfielder all his days, only moved to the back at Hibs when his legs were not what they were but his mind could still outclass the opposition forwards.

I stand corrected :wink:

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
back to Bamba - when he signed quite a few pundits / journalists openly laughed. They've all gone rather quiet now!! Full marks to Mixu for signing him :wink:

Understandable though, he was once a big huddy in the 1st Division.

Deeklipse
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
He'll never get through customs on the way back from the World Cup when he's still got Ronaldo and Kaka in his pocket.

MyJo
05-12-2009, 11:47 PM
All in good time. The African Nations' Cup in january, the World Cup in the summer, a HUGE transfer to the Premiership after that, and the world will thereafter be his oyster.

(And maybe a wee something in Scotland before he leaves us?)

Sol stopped us getting to the SC final in 2007 so he owes us :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
06-12-2009, 12:05 AM
My favourite player by a distance, big Sol is the man. :thumbsup:

He was great in the Green Mile as well.

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Bamba was a class act today.

Didnt need to get out 2nd gear..made it look so very very easy.

AFKA5814_Hibs
06-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Bamba will be a huge miss for Hibs when he leaves. Hopefully we've got somebody lined up in January to replace him.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
06-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Is going to be missed for sure. I just hope we keep him until the World Cup.

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Bamba will be a huge miss for Hibs when he leaves. Hopefully we've got somebody lined up in January to replace him.

A prefer the term 'huge loss'.

Franck is God
06-12-2009, 02:01 AM
I didn't rate Jones at all and shouted for Bamba to be played at the back all last season as he was never and is never a midfielder.

He is our best defender by a mile and simply strolls through games in the SPL, he is still young and has a lot to learn and will make the odd mistake now and then but he has the potential to be a top Premiership defender.

I think he'll have a good African Nations Cup and then the World cup next year and we will see a hefty fee when he makes his way south, could be our record fee received for a player.