05-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Maka 8 - Two good saves, dealt with crosses well, distribution was good
Wotherspoon 8 - great game
Bamba 8 - Solid game
Hogg 8 - Solid game
Murray 8 - Another great performance
Rankin 7 - unlucky not to score in first half but too many misplaced passes
Miller 9 - Fantastic
Zemmama 7 - more into than last week but needs to learn not to be so greedy!
Riordan 8 - Great work rate from him as well as a good performance
Stokes 7 - wasn't impressed with his overall play but he did score which is what counts :greengrin
Nish 9 - was brilliant today, every loose ball he was there picking it up and creating new chances :thumbsup:

Removed
05-12-2009, 06:15 PM
maka 7 - take a bow son:greengrin
wotherspoon 6- done okay
hogg 8- solid
bamba 8 - solid
murray 7 - great first half good second
zemmama 7- great running but needs to pass it
miller 9- totally class
rankin 8 - worked his socks off
riordan 8 - worked hard and set up the first goal
nish 9- well done big man:thumbsup:
stokes 8- now he can go on a scoring streak :greengrin

fans 9 - loudest ive heard er in a long time:notworthy:

Maka only 7 and Wotherspoon only 6 :confused:

Stokes an 8 :confused: - yes he got two goals but he'd have been lucky to come on the 2nd half if he hadn't got the first goal imo

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Maka 8 - As solid as Petrie's tache in Arctic conditions
Wotherspoon 7 - Great going forward, still learning defensive duties, a star in the making.
Bamba 8 - A towering presence. We'll miss him when he's gone.
Hogg 8 - Has got over his form slump. Like it never happened.
Murray 8 - Almost MOM
Rankin 6 - A stand out in that he's not a good as any other Hibs player. Didn't do much wrong bar a fe misplaced passes and silly attempt at a 'squiggler' when there were four men in front of him.
Miller 9 - Excellent player.
Zemmama 8 - Great but greedy. Shot instead of passing to Stokes.
Riordan 8 - One of DR's best performances. Can't believe his workrate.
Stokes 8 - Stokes is adapting his style for the sake of the team. Could have had a hatrick, Motherwell defenders seemed scared of him.
Nish 8 - Best i've seen him in a Hibs shirt. He annoys the **** out of me with his bull-in-china shop style, but he was very effective and linked up well, held the ball and passed well. Idiot and genius battle for supremacy within the soul of this fascinating and complex footballer. Put him in charge of Middle East peace negotiations forthwith.

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Maka 9 - No Faults what so ever
Wotherspoon 8 - He doesn't have a poor game
Bamba 7 - Solid and reliable as always, but gives away needless fouls.
Hogg 7 - He's really getting back to his original self
Murray 8 - New contract NOW!
Rankin 6 - He's an average player, but always gives it everything
Miller 7 - Good performance from him today, but still expecting a bit more
Zemmama 7 - Wee terror as always, needs to be a little less gready
Riordan 7 - Worked hard
Stokes 6 - He did what he gets paid to do, nothing else
Nish 8 - Best i've seen him play yet. Unlucky not to score a goal

Crowd 5 - Didn't think we were that great today. A fair few moaning gits.

fife hfc
05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Makalambay 8 fantastic save at end of first half and solid throughout

Wotherspoon 7 part of a defence that never conceded a goal and pushed forward well at every opportunity

Murray 8 solid in defence and great at driving forward excellent game

Hogg 8 won every challange and just has to distribute better at times

bamba 8 strolled through the game and with Hogg provided a solid base

Miller 9fantastic in passing, winning the ball back and driving us on. MOM

Rankin 7 played well today and battled away in the middle. unlucky not to score.

Zemmama 8 brilliant one moment infuriating the next. maybe a touch too greedy at times.

Riordan 8 hope he is not too hurt as he was excellent in his driving forward with the ball

Nish 9 the second half last week and the game today he has been fantastic. great hold up and link up play and was actually beating two or three defenders.

Stokes 8 worked very hard and got his rewards.

Subs
Galbraith 3 nearly set up goal in first involvement
Byrne 3 good to get on
Cregg 1 on too late

Two Halves
05-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I have to pretty much agree with the ratings that hibee girl put above. There were some very good performances today. Nish and miller were the best for me.

Couple of little niggles, wish zemamma and stokes would have had shots quicker instead of trying to beat too many men and walk it into the net and we need to be a bit better with the final ball as there were some good moves today that didn't get what they deserved.

Overall though I can't complain with another win and 3 points! :thumbsup:

thebakerboy
05-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Maka 8 got to all corners 2 good saves did not put a foot wrong

Wotherspoon 7 Good game but a few misplaced passes and 1 cracking 60 yarder to Deeks toe

Hogg 7 Good game no mistakes unspectacular just safe and steady

Bamba 7 Good game but without McBride sitting tended to charge out after ball

Murray 8 Excellant did not put a foot wrong

Miller 8 Played very well but again without McBride had to do more defensive work

Rankin 7 Good game but stop Squiglers and 50 yard passes (not in his game) does not replace McBride (see Miller)

Zouma 7 Brilliant on the ball but has to remember its a team game

Nish 9 Best game for Hibs playing just behind Stokes , controlled ball and fed in both Deeks and Stokes also instrumental in defending from front MOTM in MHO

Deeks 8 What has Yogi done to him, working hard , defending from front,making runs in behind , passing , heading , swapping with Zouma ie. involved in TEAM

Stokes 8 2 goals , leading line well , defended from front , excellant possibly best game for Hibs was out on his feet at end

SUBS
Galbraith 5 Tried too hard

Cregg 6 Allowed Miller to move forward for last few mins.

Byrne 5 Did not see much of the ball

Yogi (Chipper etc) 11/10 What have they done to Nish and Deeks-turned them into team players-brilliant move to bring Nish deaper and have Stokes leading the Line - showa the management team at work

All in all very good performance but maybe more goals deserved from play on the day:thumbsup::agree:

Mikey
05-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Everyone - 10

Nuff said.

PatHead
05-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Thought it was far and away the best performance of the season. Like watching Brazil in White.

10s all round with special mention to Maka who dealt well with everything and didn;t frighten me at all today!

Sir David Gray
05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Everyone deserves 10/10 for today, it would be really unfair to single anyone out for special praise.

Fantastic.

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Everyone deserves 10/10 for today, it would be really unfair to single anyone out for special praise.

Fantastic.

:agree: My son (9) said he couldn't pick a MOTM as everyone had played so well... perfect!

MyJo
05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Maka - 8 - excellent...dealt with everything thrown at him, very focused and commanding

Wotherspoon - 7 - thought he was pretty quiet today but put in a good shift and certainly storms up and down that right side brilliantly.

Hogg - 8 - I thought Hogg was superb today, winning headers, putting in quality tackles and distributing the ball a bit better than he has been. Owned the motherwell strikers :agree:

Bamba - 8 - breezed through the game, i;m surprised he didn't get a cocktail and a deckchair in the second half.

Murray - 8 - best LB in scotland

Zemmama - 7 - greedy little so and so but when he shared the baw there was some magnificent moves involving him.

Miller - 9 - class

Rankin - 7 - Did well and was unlucky his first half shot wasn't in the back of the net....was a bit wasteful in possession at times but he fought well in the middle of the park.

Riordan - 9 - class

Stokes - 8 - Took his goal(s) well and did a huge amount of running, i still think he needs to have the ball played ahead of him rather than challenging for long balls with his back to goal but looked lively today and could have had 4 or 5 with a little bit of luck.

Nish - 9 - MOTM for me, absolutely superb

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
05-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Maka - 8

Wotherspoon - 8.

Hogg - 8

Bamba - 9

Murray - 8

Zemmama - 8

Miller - 10 MOM!

Rankin - 7

Riordan - 8

Stokes - 8

Nish - 7

silverhibee
05-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Everyone - 10

Nuff said.

A team full of winners today.:agree: :notworthy:

mim
05-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Nish 9 Best game for Hibs playing just behind Stokes , controlled ball and fed in both Deeks and Stokes also instrumental in defending from front MOTM in MHO

Interesting comment. :agree:

Wasn't at the game, nor last week's game, due to work commitments.

I watched last week's game on BBC Alba and was struck by the contribution of Nish in the second half. It seemed to me that Yogi changed his role in the second half and he was playing much deeper than he had in the first half.

Lots of people posted that Nish had a good second half, but nobody commented on him playing a bit deeper, so, having not been at the game, I didn't make any mention of it either.

I wonder if this is the big man's real strength - playing behind another striker?

Kevvy1875
05-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Maka: 9. Defended his box brilliantly and dealt with everything that got put in on top of him. Two real good saves the first of which was pivotal. Is giving Yogi food for thought with that performance.

Spoony: 7. Decent game and his sublime skill on the touchline to keep it in was another soccer AM moment. A few misplaced passes and probably not the best 90mins he will ever have as he as set his standards so high with his fisrt dozen games....keep it up son!

Murray: 7. Mr reliable once again with another solid performance in defence and a few good forays into the Well' half.

Hogg: 8. He is nails btw! Solid wee guy and i wouldn't stand in the road of of one of his tackle's! Seems the 2 game break he had after the first few games done him good as he has been like a rock since. We all rave about Bamba and rightly so but Hogg deserves a pat on the back too for his last half a dozen games.

Bamba: 8. Like Hogg he was dominant today in the tackle and the air and showed his usual composure when in possesion and I love it when attackers bear in and he sidesteps them. Minimum of fuss from Bamba he just strolls it.

Rankin: 7. Havn't heard anyone mention McBride today which is a sign of how Rankin played today. Gets a few pelters but had a good game today and almost scored a cracker that had Ruddy at full stretch.

Miller: 9. MOM and really looked the best football player out there today. I think Yogi has pulled a masterstroke with this Guy. Dont need to say too much about his performance other than it was as composed a midfield performance as you will see in the SPL this season.

Zoomer: 7. Played well and had his opposite numbers backtracking everytime he got the ball. Unlucky that more didnt come off from him and was a little greedy.

Stokes: 8. Done what he is there to do and that first goal was very well taken. At the time I thought it may have been offside but credit to Stokes who kept going and took it well. First toch is a bit heavy at times but if he scores goals then who cares.

Deeks: 8. Hope his injury is not serious. Unlucky not to score and his supply was brilliant once again. True class week in and week out with Deeks just now.

Nish: 9. Nishy was superb today ant eptomised the entire team performance defending from the front. He tackled like a CM and won us so much possesion in dangerous positions. If he had grabbed a goal I would have gave him a 10 as he was so good today. He had forced himself into the starting XI after that and if he keeps that level of performance then he will deserve to stay there.

SUBS: The game was over before any of them came on and didnt really get much time to make meaningfull contributions.

Hibs had 68% of the possesion today. That it top class and if we can keep that level of performance in for the next run of games then we are in buisness......defo:agree:

hibsfan7
06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
THE WHOLE TEAM

:top marks

'Mon the Hibs
06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
When I read reports/ratings like this.... it makes me wish we were playing agaon tomorrow :thumbsup: