PDA

View Full Version : Attendance (merged)

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
10398 was today's attendance, according to the BBC.

Can't see where you could have got another 7,000 plus into the stadium.

3,000 in the South
500 in the West
500 in the North
maybe 2,000 in the East.

So i'd say more like 11,500.

I'm_cabbaged
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Surely some mistake, just over 10,000? :confused:

I thought it was at least as many as last week, I know there was fewer in the south but the FF and East looked busier. What did the West look like?

Removed
05-12-2009, 05:48 PM

I thought it was at least as many as last week, I know there was fewer in the south but the FF and East looked busier. What did the West look like?

Looked pretty full from where I was in FF lower :confused: as well

RoxburghHibs
05-12-2009, 05:49 PM
...was today's attendance according to the BBC.

Can't see where you could have got another 7,000 plus into the stadium.

3,000 in the South
500 in the West
500 in the North
maybe 2,000 in the East.

So i'd say more like 11,500.

This figure probably doesn't include the ticket holders in the West stand that got in via the main doors (me included).

The queues were large so they took our tickets via this method, so we didn't go in via the turnstiles.

They should just issue the attendance as tickets sold to give a truer figure

Mikey
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Today's attendance was 11,240.

RoxburghHibs
05-12-2009, 05:54 PM

Where are you getting that figure from or did you count? :greengrin

Mikey
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Where are you getting that figure from or did you count? :greengrin

I got it from someone who should know :greengrin

It says 10,398 on the official site too so I'll try and confirm.

magpie1892
05-12-2009, 06:02 PM
It's a pretty poor show that Hibs didn't have 13,000+ to be honest.

The yams think it's hilarious.

Removed
05-12-2009, 06:06 PM

Who the **** cares what those mongols think.

Rome is burning :violin:

magpie1892
05-12-2009, 06:11 PM

It is, but forget what they think up the road, it's a disappointing attendance.

I was at 'their' last home game (SJFC) and they had over 14,000 with only a few hundred visitors.

RoxburghHibs
05-12-2009, 06:13 PM

I was at 'their' last home game (SJFC) and they had over 14,000 with only a few hundred visitors.

They gave away loads of tickets for that game though

greenginger
05-12-2009, 06:17 PM

I don't know how anyone can say for certain what the crowd was.

Just before K.O. in the lower West they had to open the exit gate to let the supporters in as the system had crashed. There is no way anyone counted the people going in.

JoJo_07
05-12-2009, 06:17 PM

The reason is simple Hibs don't count non-attending season tickets holders. Hearts among other clubs do.

Let them think they are doing well. Even if their attendances are actually higher, how many of the seats are the cheap kids tickets. I would imagine Hibs are still making more money on their gates.

They could stick Nade in the stand in their next home game and how many would that add to their seats occupied.

magpie1892
05-12-2009, 06:19 PM
They gave away loads of tickets for that game though

They did, that's true. But the crowd today was not a good one, no matter how you dress it up. FWIW, the yams will probably be playing to 5,000 somewhere, sooner rather than later but you need to be getting more through the gates than 10k in such a promising season.

Mikey
05-12-2009, 06:20 PM
The attendance today is definitely 11,240. Press Association got it wrong!

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Aye and then Yams count EVERY season ticket as part of their 'attendance' figure whether anyone's sitting there or not.

judas
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM

I wonder is coorporate attendance is counted?

Would expect 500-1000 to be in the lounges.

Apart from that, you forgetting that we have a recession?

I'm_cabbaged
05-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I wonder is coorporate attendance is counted?

Would expect 500-1000 to be in the lounges.

Apart from that, you forgetting that we have a recession?

Could you please show me where I slagged off the amount of folk that made it there today?

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
It definitely looked as full, if not moreso than last week :confused::confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Time for us to contact ER and find out just what the **** is going on, the attendance given today is wrong wrong wrong, there's no way in hell that's how many were there today

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2009, 06:45 PM

Sniff Sniff...

Mikey
05-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Sniff Sniff...

He's press :wink:

And he hates the yams so he's more than welcome here :greengrin

CMac1988
05-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I think the biggest jump we'll see this season will be at the Rangers game, as other than a large away support this is when the 1/2 season tickets kick in.

I think that the folk that grabbed these may not have the extra cash to go to the rest of the home games until this point, especially with x-mas around the corner.

Hopefully thats when the attendances rise and stay up as its no less than what the team deserves.

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
He's press :wink:

And he hates the yams so he's more than welcome here :greengrin

Ah reet..

My Yamradar must be contaminated :wink:

Big Frank
05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Sniff Sniff...

Agreed.

Walkerbaws ana'

Mikey
05-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Ah reet..

My Yamradar must be contaminated :wink:

It does confuse the issue somewhat when they admit to attending their games :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
It does confuse the issue somewhat when they admit to attending their games :greengrin

:agree:

There is 400,000+ of them so ya never know :greengrin

woody47
05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
There appeared to be some problems with the scanning machines. Guy in front of me was just let in as the scanner didn't work on his ticket. Don't know if that happened a lot but certainly seemed to be problems.
Also it is taking even longer to get in so hope this gets sorted soon.

As for the size of the crowd the South stand was very empty as lucky if murderwell brought through 500. East wasn't that full as gaps all around where I was. West looked pretty full expect for the 'posh' seats and FFS looked pretty full.

Mikey
05-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Even if a ticket wasn't scanned, as long as you go through a turnstile you'll still be counted.

PatHead
05-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Must admit from FF we estimated about a 1000 less than last week taking into account the 5 car loads from Motherwell

The_Todd
05-12-2009, 07:00 PM

Just as well the league table isn't calculated on attendances then, isn't it?

judas
05-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Could you please show me where I slagged off the amount of folk that made it there today?

I am not having a go at you.

I am simply pointing out that there is a recession and it may be affecting the gates.

soupy
05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Even if a ticket wasn't scanned, as long as you go through a turnstile you'll still be counted.

With the new technology, they wont be counting the turnstiles, itll be the number of cards zapped properly. Well maybe this could be the reason:confused::confused::confused:

The_Todd
05-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I am not having a go at you.

I am simply pointing out that there is a recession and it may be affecting the gates.

And the fact it's now one of the very few remaining Saturdays left for Crimbo shopping. Especially those of us who work Mon-Fri 9-5

Russian Hibs Fan
05-12-2009, 07:16 PM
To be honest to have just 10,398 fans in such a big game and in such a good run for the Hibs is just pathetic.

Sir David Gray
05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Today's attendance was more like the attendance that was given for last week's game (just over 13,000).

I think last week's attendance was something like just over 14,000 and I think we had less people today than last week so that's what I'm basing my figure on.

It was certainly never 10,300 (or whatever it was) in a million years.

The_Todd
05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
While it would be nice to get bigger crowds do we really want to get bogged down in the Yams size obsession.

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 07:37 PM

The only stick they have to beat us with is our attendances. All the rest is hot air and is 'historic'; SC, Derby record. We're better than them in every other department...:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 07:38 PM
And the fact it's now one of the very few remaining Saturdays left for Crimbo shopping. Especially those of us who work Mon-Fri 9-5

If anyone uses that as an excuse for not going they need to have a look at themselves IMO.

The shops are open in the evenings, on Sundays and on Saturday morning!

Sir David Gray
05-12-2009, 07:40 PM
The only stick they have to beat us with is our attendances. All the rest is hot air and is 'historic'; SC, Derby record. We're better than them in every other department...:thumbsup:

:tsk tsk: We're forever in their shadow, don't you know!

You really should have realised that by now.

The_Todd
05-12-2009, 07:47 PM
If anyone uses that as an excuse for not going they need to have a look at themselves IMO.

The shops are open in the evenings, on Sundays and on Saturday morning!

:rolleyes:

Not a sole factor but a contributing factor, surely?

A recession, in the run up to Christmas with only what, 2 Saturdays of shopping left?

I suppose I'm not a real fan anymore :boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 08:02 PM

A recession, in the run up to Christmas with only what, 2 Saturdays of shopping left?

If the concern is the recession why go shopping?

Football takes 3 hours out of your weekend. The shops are open a lot longer than that. It's a ridiculous reason for not going to the match IMO.

As I said a Saturday afternoon isn't the only time you can go to the shops.

hibee_girl
05-12-2009, 08:03 PM

You can shop online anytime :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
05-12-2009, 08:46 PM

when hearts reveal there attendance they show the full season ticket allocation and add the walk ups on the day.
ever wondered how they have so many gaps but 15,000? a foul i would say but looks good !!

Pedantic_Hibee
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
At the end of the day, they need all the fans they can get.

We could have an attendance of 3,000 between now and the end of the season and still manage to pay our players without being drip-fed pocket money from some bolt-hole in Lithuania to cover our outgoings.

As time goes by, they'll sooner or later run out of things to try and belittle us with, mainly because they won't have a club.

As I alluded to on a previous thread, they're all getting a bit fidgety on JKB trying to organise a protest but what they seem to forget is that X000 of them bought their silence the day they handed over the readies to Uncle Vlad for a season ticket, an act that is tantamount to turning up to his office, removing their undergarments and bending over his solid oak table in preparation for another welcome roasting.

They're a motley selection of reprobates who are clinging onto any crumb of comfort they can grab in these desperate times.

Thanks to one man and his Matalan-sponsored-son (ably assisted by a man in pyjamas, some douchebag with a magic stick, a paedo and several other dubious employees), they have turned HoMFC into a laughing stock up and down the country, simultaneously turning them into a team that is more loathed than our pantomime villains along the M8 at the same time.

Their club is riddled with anxiety, imbalance, questionable decision making and a business plan that is about as sound as the Chuckle Brothers are funny.

They still continue to gratefully receive the hard-earned cash from supporters in order to honour the ludicrous contracts bestowed on employees who would struggle to spell Heart of Midlothian Football Club never mind understand what it should mean to play for the shirt and take pride in the club badge that once stood for something.

It's worth noting that the salaries of Kingston, Nade and Goncalves dwarf the combined earnings of Hibs strongest XI.

Whilst I was not at the game today due to my location, it's refreshing to hear and read about a Hibs team that played for the jersey today in order to preserve our unbeaten run. What Hearts fans would give for half their team to try a leg.

What Hearts fans would give for a Riordan? They don't despise Riordan because he's a "ned", because he's a great player, or because he gets it wrapped right round them on on occasions; they despise Riordan because he's an employee of Hibernian F.C. that the support relate to, identify with and adore.

That sorry lot are jam-packed full of mercenaries who don't give a toss about their pathetic little club and they have not one player they can identify with, not one single player they can pin their hopes on to drag them out of the mire. They're positively hoaching with a faceless cast of limited footballers earning far more than their questionable talents deserve.

And thanks to their frankly staggering meekness, they are completely at the mercy of the one man who, more than most, doesn't give a toss about them.

They had the pitchforks and placards out the day that the Pieman made a slight alteration to the club badge yet they bury their heads under the duvet in fear of a man who has not only altered their name, but has also removed the club from their standing in the game. A man who has, quite magnificently it has to be said, successfully brainwashed the hordes into a deafening vow of silence whilst he relentlessly marches on, trampling all over the club badge, the club history, the club identity and the club heritage, wreaking havoc with the clubs future and removing every single ounce of integrity it once had.

He's latched onto the Memorial service and turned them all into a cringeworthy merry band of poppy-watching c0ck-knockers who get all uppity at the sight of a rival footballer reappearing for the second half from the tunnel without a poppy-embroidered replica kit whilst they sit on their hands in moot silence at the transparently clear sight of a man taking the p1ss out of the club they were once proud to attach themselves to.

And still, even now, as clear as it is the damage "Mr Romanov" has inflicted upon them, they still cannot bring themselves to devalue him, to defame him, to protest against him (save for their latest ill-fated plan which will die off if they win tomorrow, fickle planks); instead, they choose to lay the blame for their misfortunes at the door of Csaba Laszlo, the SFA, the media, the referees, the local council and anyone else they can think of.

Wake up and smell the coffee you useless shower of fuds, it's not just your greatest rivals that are laughing at you. I'm sure even David f***ing Witeveen sits in his house at night and has a chuckle at your club and the way they are run.

But no, not at all, you won't countenance such a fact. You won your last game and have turned the corner (wake up and realise you're at a roundabout ya plums), Christian Nade is in fact a prolific goalscorer and not some fat amateur who would struggle to fit into Rik Waller's trousers, Laryea Kingston is still the rootin' tootin' maverick who will change his attitude and propel you back up to your rightful position and Callum f***ing Elliot is the answer to all of your problems.

If you came home from a 2v0 reverse to Falkirk and witnessed Vlad and Roman spit-roasting your wife you'd probably still tuck them into bed, cook their breakfast in the morning and bow after you had the honour of shaking their hands.

Your current demise could not happen to a more deserving bunch. And let me make one thing clear, that absolute roaster who once said Hearts were no longer in the same league as Hibernian F.C was absolutely bang-on......you're miles below us.

Enjoy your relegation scrap and continuing off-the-field antics which give us one hell of an almighty chuckle.

And before I sign off, you're still a complete ring-piece, Le Chat.

Get. It. Wrapped. Right. Roond. Ye. :hnet:

GlesgaeHibby
05-12-2009, 10:30 PM

We could have an attendance of 3,000 between now and the end of the season and still manage to pay our players without being drip-fed pocket money from some bolt-hole in Lithuania to cover our outgoings.

As time goes by, they'll sooner or later run out of things to try and belittle us with, mainly because they won't have a club.

As I alluded to on a previous thread, they're all getting a bit fidgety on JKB trying to organise a protest but what they seem to forget is that X000 of them bought their silence the day they handed over the readies to Uncle Vlad for a season ticket, an act that is tantamount to turning up to his office, removing their undergarments and bending over his solid oak table in preparation for another welcome roasting.

They're a motley selection of reprobates who are clinging onto any crumb of comfort they can grab in these desperate times.

Thanks to one man and his Matalan-sponsored-son (ably assisted by a man in pyjamas, some douchebag with a magic stick, a paedo and several other dubious employees), they have turned HoMFC into a laughing stock up and down the country, simultaneously turning them into a team that is more loathed than our pantomime villains along the M8 at the same time.

Their club is riddled with anxiety, imbalance, questionable decision making and a business plan that is about as sound as the Chuckle Brothers are funny.

They still continue to gratefully receive the hard-earned cash from supporters in order to honour the ludicrous contracts bestowed on employees who would struggle to spell Heart of Midlothian Football Club never mind understand what it should mean to play for the shirt and take pride in the club badge that once stood for something.

It's worth noting that the salaries of Kingston, Nade and Goncalves dwarf the combined earnings of Hibs strongest XI.

Whilst I was not at the game today due to my location, it's refreshing to hear and read about a Hibs team that played for the jersey today in order to preserve our unbeaten run. What Hearts fans would give for half their team to try a leg.

What Hearts fans would give for a Riordan? They don't despise Riordan because he's a "ned", because he's a great player, or because he gets it wrapped right round them on on occasions; they despise Riordan because he's an employee of Hibernian F.C. that the support relate to, identify with and adore.

That sorry lot are jam-packed full of mercenaries who don't give a toss about their pathetic little club and they have not one player they can identify with, not one single player they can pin their hopes on to drag them out of the mire. They're positively hoaching with a faceless cast of limited footballers earning far more than their questionable talents deserve.

And thanks to their frankly staggering meekness, they are completely at the mercy of the one man who, more than most, doesn't give a toss about them.

They had the pitchforks and placards out the day that the Pieman made a slight alteration to the club badge yet they bury their heads under the duvet in fear of a man who has not only altered their name, but has also removed the club from their standing in the game. A man who has, quite magnificently it has to be said, successfully brainwashed the hordes into a deafening vow of silence whilst he relentlessly marches on, trampling all over the club badge, the club history, the club identity and the club heritage, wreaking havoc with the clubs future and removing every single ounce of integrity it once had.

He's latched onto the Memorial service and turned them all into a cringeworthy merry band of poppy-watching c0ck-knockers who get all uppity at the sight of a rival footballer reappearing for the second half from the tunnel without a poppy-embroidered replica kit whilst they sit on their hands in moot silence at the transparently clear sight of a man taking the p1ss out of the club they were once proud to attach themselves to.

And still, even now, as clear as it is the damage "Mr Romanov" has inflicted upon them, they still cannot bring themselves to devalue him, to defamate him, to protest against him (save for their latest ill-fated plan which will die off if they win tomorrow, fickle planks); instead, they choose to lay the blame for their misfortunes at the door of Csaba Laszlo, the SFA, the media, the referees, the local council and anyone else they can think of.

Wake up and smell the coffee you useless shower of fuds, it's not just your greatest rivals that are laughing at you. I'm sure even David f***ing Witeveen sits in his house at night and has a chuckle at your club and the way they are run.

But no, not at all, you won't countenance such a fact. You won your last game and have turned the corner (wake up and realise you're at a roundabout ya plums), Christian Nade is in fact a prolific goalscorer and not some fat amateur who would struggle to fit into Rik Waller's trousers, Laryea Kingston is still the rootin' tootin' maverick who will change his attitude and propel you back up to your rightful position and Callum f***ing Elliot is the answer to all of your problems.

If you came home from a 2v0 reverse to Falkirk and witnessed Vlad and Roman spit-roasting your wife you'd probably still tuck them into bed, cook their breakfast in the morning and bow after you had the honour of shaking their hands.

Your current demise could not happen to a more deserving bunch. And let me make one thing clear, that absolute roaster who once said Hearts were no longer in the same league as Hibernian F.C was absolutely bang-on......you're miles below us.

Enjoy your relegation scrap and continuing off-the-field antics which give us one hell of an almighty chuckle.

Once again Pedantic, :top marks

steakbake
05-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Once again Pedantic, :top marks

Surely has to be post of the year. If that could cut and paste that into my facebook status, it'd be there to wind up Yam "friends" for the next few weeks.

Out-fn-standing post. :top marks

Mantis Toboggan
05-12-2009, 10:52 PM
magnificent post from pedantic there. a thing of angry beauty.

has inspired me to share my similar thoughts, also posted on the 'hibsman' (pfffft) website:

"31 (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-2--0-Motherwell.5887463.jp?CommentPage=1&CommentPageLength=1000#4677739) scrabba, Das Burgh 05/12/2009 23:04:52

ah the size/crowd/empty seats etc. always a strange argument - surely if we are so insignificant in comparison to the monolithic team from Gorgie, then the fact that we are so far ahead of them where it matters (on the park of course) is even more embarrasing for the dribbling hordes? and in fact should be swept under the carpet rather than celebrated as some sort of triumph?

would this not also mean that any hearts triumph (unlikely I know) could simply be put to bed by an OF supporter pointing to their still shan crowds? no, didn't think so.

enjoy the history boys, cos you've got nae future."

Big Frank
05-12-2009, 11:14 PM

And still, even now, as clear as it is the damage "Mr Romanov" has inflicted upon them, they still cannot bring themselves to devalue him, to defamate him, to protest against him (save for their latest ill-fated plan which will die off if they win tomorrow, fickle planks); instead, they choose to lay the blame for their misfortunes at the door of Csaba Laszlo, the SFA, the media, the referees, the local council and anyone else they can think of.

Quality piece old chap.:agree:

And topped with a ripping of THE PUSSY :top marks

Steve-O
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

BroxburnHibee
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
PH...................Take a bow sir..............out f*****g standing.

magpie1892
05-12-2009, 11:50 PM
'Defamate'?

Pedantic_Hibee
05-12-2009, 11:53 PM
'Defamate'?

I'm meant to be the pedantic one here :wink:

Edited to suit your pernickety ways. That trip to Tynie a few weeks back has stunted you :greengrin

magpie1892
06-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm meant to be the pedantic one here :wink:

Edited to suit your pernickety ways. That trip to Tynie a few weeks back has stunted you :greengrin

Jesus, man, I've been FIVE times this season...!

Pedantic_Hibee
06-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Jesus, man, I've been FIVE times this season...!

Five? I thought it was just the once!! :bitchy:

You have my deepest sympathies, seriously.

Have you noticed bleeding from the eyes at any point in the past few months?

magpie1892
06-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Five? I thought it was just the once!! :bitchy:

You have my deepest sympathies, seriously.

Have you noticed bleeding from the eyes at any point in the past few months?

No, five. How could I forget? It's been fun watching them toil in all of those games though, even the two (Pars, Killie) they won...

I do get remunerated though, so if my eyes start to bleed I guess I can pay the medical bill...

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 08:18 AM

And still, even now, as clear as it is the damage "Mr Romanov" has inflicted upon them, they still cannot bring themselves to devalue him, to defame him, to protest against him (save for their latest ill-fated plan which will die off if they win tomorrow, fickle planks); instead, they choose to lay the blame for their misfortunes at the door of Csaba Laszlo, the SFA, the media, the referees, the local council and anyone else they can think of.

Marvelous stuff.

An asylum stuffed full of the insane and enfeebled is still very much an asylum. And that particular nuthouse is certainly nowhere near as occupied as the dwindling band of slavering, hallucinating, head-banging clowns who still frequent it seem to believe. Sorry, Los Yambolinos, I think I'll go with evidence of the television cameras, rather than 'Mister' Romanov's accounting for my view of the PBS attendances. If only they'd chosen to operate with the same level of skepticism, the deluded, gaping-mouthed, loose-jawed, bolt-brained, drag-arsed creeps might not be staring oblivion in the face right now.

I'd say they were current disguised as seats at Tynecastle, but no common, humble, plastic seat could ever look so pitiful, bland and isolated as the current denizens of the PBS, and in any case, no Jambo would have initiative to try and disguise themselves. Though to be fair, they are perfecting the skill of invisibility in the workplaces, pubs and clubs of Edinburgh.

Long may it continue, all the way their self-inflicted, delusions-of-grandeur-demise.

sahib
06-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Today's attendance was more like the attendance that was given for last week's game (just over 13,000).

I think last week's attendance was something like just over 14,000 and I think we had less people today than last week so that's what I'm basing my figure on.

It was certainly never 10,300 (or whatever it was) in a million years.

I thought the crowd looked down a bit on last week. I couldn't see the S. stand from my seat wedged in the corner of the W. upper. I would have put the crowd round about 12 to 12.5 thousand.

ahibby
06-12-2009, 10:12 AM
My gesstimation during the match was 11,000 and I have to admit to being a wee bit disappointed. I'd like us to include all season ticket holders in our stats but I know that doesn't actually help fill the stadium but it lets us see the potential if everyone is there. I understand that it's getting close to Christmas and times are hard for a lot of people and hopefully things will pick up in the new year and we are still looking like contenders(not saying we are but at least wee look like we are at the moment).

Antifa Hibs
06-12-2009, 10:59 AM

That is the biggest load of bollocks i've EVER read. Using shopping as an excuse to not go to the football. Not everyone wants to go everyweek, not everyone can afford to, if your one of them, just say so. If you couldn't be arsed to go along to Leith to watch our team stay second in the league, just come out with it, don't come up with sorry excuses like shopping. There was an absulute topper last week aswell 'It was misty in Broxburn so I didn't want to travel incase I couldn't see much of the pitch' Didn't go to a game of football as it was misty 20 miles away, unreal :faf:

Anyway, regarding the crowd. It was piss poor, shocking. Don't give me yer recession, christmas nonsense. It doesn't seem to effect other teams when they are pushing for something, up here or down south.

Can someone again remind me why we are building a new stand? Other than to have a shiny stadium? When only 11000 fans can be arsed to come and support the boys when we are 2 points of top of the league and joint second, a best for us for decades, when will that change? When will the part-timers all start coming out the woodwork?

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
That is the biggest load of bollocks i've EVER read. Using shopping as an excuse to not go to the football. Not everyone wants to go everyweek, not everyone can afford to, if your one of them, just say so. If you couldn't be arsed to go along to Leith to watch our team stay second in the league, just come out with it, don't come up with sorry excuses like shopping. There was an absulute topper last week aswell 'It was misty in Broxburn so I didn't want to travel incase I couldn't see much of the pitch' Didn't go to a game of football as it was misty 20 miles away, unreal :faf:

Anyway, regarding the crowd. It was piss poor, shocking. Don't give me yer recession, christmas nonsense. It doesn't seem to effect other teams when they are pushing for something, up here or down south.

Can someone again remind me why we are building a new stand? Other than to have a shiny stadium? When only 11000 fans can be arsed to come and support the boys when we are 2 points of top of the league and joint second, a best for us for decades, when will that change? When will the part-timers all start coming out the woodwork?

Probably in May at Scotish Cup Final?

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Probably in May at Scotish Cup Final?

Hopefully I will be there.:wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Looks like the yams have a massive traveling support through at Hamilton today.:faf:

Mikey
06-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Those numbers are the attendance figures for the six SPL games yesterday/today.

Ours was 11,240.

On that basis I guess we're doing not too badly!

Hibbyradge
06-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I saw some of the Hamilton game on TV today.

It didn't look like there were 56000 in there.

52000 at most. :agree:

AugustaHibs
06-12-2009, 03:36 PM
5599 At most Definetly :cool2:

Sas_The_Hibby
06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
It's still disappointing that our attendances aren't better when we're doing so well but is it to do with the recession? :confused:

What is the general trend in the SPL, comparing last season to this, for example? Anyone know?

Perspective
06-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Our crowds have been pathetic considering (a Scottish Cup win apart) this is potentially as good as it's going to get as a Hibs fan.

We're playing decent football, in touch at the top of the League and the board have done what so many have demanded in the past and shelled out for genuine quality in guys like Liam Miller.

With a new stand to finance I can't see how we're going to be able to keep the team together unless the crowds drastically improve.

The atmosphere is terrible too, with barely any singing. I've thought for a while that the modern supporter is being conditioned by the media to be too expectant and knee-jerk. It's as if people are content to sit quiet and wait to be entertained, until something minor goes wrong and said player/manager/official gets it in the neck. I've seen good teams (not just Hibs), who are going well getting booed off at half-time in games because they happen to be level never mind losing.

Had to get that off my chest. I'd love to see ER packed and atmospheric, because it's what the current team and board deserve.

jacomo
06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Our crowds have been pathetic considering (a Scottish Cup win apart) this is potentially as good as it's going to get as a Hibs fan.

We're playing decent football, in touch at the top of the League and the board have done what so many have demanded in the past and shelled out for genuine quality in guys like Liam Miller.

With a new stand to finance I can't see how we're going to be able to keep the team together unless the crowds drastically improve.

The atmosphere is terrible too, with barely any singing. I've thought for a while that the modern supporter is being conditioned by the media to be too expectant and knee-jerk. It's as if people are content to sit quiet and wait to be entertained, until something minor goes wrong and said player/manager/official gets it in the neck. I've seen good teams (not just Hibs), who are going well getting booed off at half-time in games because they happen to be level never mind losing.

Had to get that off my chest. I'd love to see ER packed and atmospheric, because it's what the current team and board deserve.

I think there is a lag between an upturn in performances, and increased crowds. Hopefully, more will come back as they realise Hibs are doing well.

The recession is certainly hurting us. But the OF whingeing, Scotland's failure to qualify for the WC, are hurting us too, I think.

Instead of talking about how close the SPL is, the media are constantly moaning about how poor it is, and how poor little lambs Rantic aren't allowed to go and play with the big boys.

This negativity has an effect... I think some journalists need to remember that, without Scottish football, they won't have a job anymore, and talk about the game in a more positive light.

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 06:39 PM

I agree that we have been rendered shockingly passive. All-seater stadiums, pricing many of the traditional (ie: working class) supporters out of the game, over-zealous stewarding and policing, and dare i say it, the PC brigade and the seemingly endless disapproval of fans by other fans has let to a culture of negativity and whingeing. I would be loathe to return to the bad old days of lawless thuggery, dangerous terraces and crumbling stadiums, but we've made football a far too sanitised environment and thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Yes, I hate taking kids along to a game where some buffoon is making racist/abusive comments, but they are going to be exposed to that sort of thing in society at some point, and i'd rather be present where I can ridicule or disdain the muppet in question and show them that it just isn't cool. I don't need stewards and policemen jumping all everyone. This is just a personal view, and I know there are a lot of tedious fools around who can mar your enjoyment of a game. But if it got any quieter at ER, I think i'd have to go to St James's Centre for some atmosphere.

big-mo
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Any figures quoted previously for the attendance yesterday can not be confirmed because when at 2:50 there were still large queues outside the stadium, they opened the gates and only required those going in to just show their ticket and none of these were scanned.

BTW the yams had reportedly just 250 at today's game, that's 100 down from last week. Not bad for a BIG team.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I agree that we have been rendered shockingly passive. All-seater stadiums, pricing many of the traditional (ie: working class) supporters out of the game, over-zealous stewarding and policing, and dare i say it, the PC brigade and the seemingly endless disapproval of fans by other fans has let to a culture of negativity and whingeing. I would be loathe to return to the bad old days of lawless thuggery, dangerous terraces and crumbling stadiums, but we've made football a far too sanitised environment and thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Yes, I hate taking kids along to a game where some buffoon is making racist/abusive comments, but they are going to be exposed to that sort of thing in society at some point, and i'd rather be present where I can ridicule or disdain the muppet in question and show them that it just isn't cool. I don't need stewards and policemen jumping all everyone. This is just a personal view, and I know there are a lot of tedious fools around who can mar your enjoyment of a game. But if it got any quieter at ER, I think i'd have to go to St James's Centre for some atmosphere.

TBH, I can't see quite see how the "PC Brigade" has anything to do with the poor atmosphere at Easter Road. Unless chanting "Hibees" has been made a hate crime! :confused:

As for racist / abusive comments, you seem to imply it would be better to have people making them to get some atmospheric banter going! Sorry if I misunderstand what you're saying but I think the atmosphere at Easter Road could be much better without turning the clock back in every respect, good and bad.

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 07:58 PM
It definitely looked as full, if not moreso than last week :confused::confused:

I thought the FF looked more empty than last week. Also a few less in the East. Couldn't see the West for obvious reasons.

Sas_The_Hibby
06-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Sorry, Bob! One other point - I've never seen a steward at Easter Road do anything, frankly and wonder what they get paid for!

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought the FF looked more empty than last week. Also a few less in the East. Couldn't see the West for obvious reasons.

West rather full, maybe 500 down. FF a bit light on ST holders, many new faces. Someone ought to have told the Hibees Reunited people that when you bring old friends to the game you should actually attend yourself too.

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM

:faf: :top marks

Loved the bit about Wittveneen even laughing at them. :faf:

Jamie
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Did they do a recount?, the official site had it as under 11k, now changed to that figure :confused:

Mikey
06-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Did they do a recount?, the official site had it as under 11k, now changed to that figure :confused:

The Press Association gave the wrong figure out.

GreenCastle
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM

Said something similar on another thread recently.

We need more through the gate - we are flying in the league and still struggling to bring people in to games ? :confused:

Dashing Bob S
07-12-2009, 06:34 AM
The Press Association gave the wrong figure out.

What are the mechanics of the situation whereby they can give such a specific wrong figure as 10,398?

Does some muppet Yam just pluck the figure out the air to make mischief?

brog
07-12-2009, 10:27 AM
What are the mechanics of the situation whereby they can give such a specific wrong figure as 10,398?

Does some muppet Yam just pluck the figure out the air to make mischief?

It's also happened twice this season, think it was the St Mirren game that the original, very exact, figure was revised upwards subsequently. Does seem strange in this day & age, mind you it's even more strange that different teams within SPL can use different methodologies of showing attendances!!

HFC 0-7
07-12-2009, 11:38 AM
It's also happened twice this season, think it was the St Mirren game that the original, very exact, figure was revised upwards subsequently. Does seem strange in this day & age, mind you it's even more strange that different teams within SPL can use different methodologies of showing attendances!!

The reason each club have different ways in calculating attendancies as they are not really used for anything. Some people seem to get hung up on the attendances, Hibs have a not bad crowd at each game, and this will increase when half season tickets come in. Anyone who has bought one of them probably wont be paying out for individual matches after paying out for a half season ticket.

Bottom line at easter road just now, is that the team are doing extremely well, and in terms of crowds, even if the stadium was full, the atmosphere would probably still be bad.

10K, 12K, who cares, Hibs are doing well and thats all I care about!!

Keith_M
07-12-2009, 12:35 PM
My view of the attendance, FWIW (nothng much actually).

The attendance looked to me to be down on last week, which I was suprised about. The FF front looked shockingly empty and there was a marked difference in the amount of Hibs fans in the South, presumably because last week was a Hibs Kids day. I think the attendances will be much higher once the Half STs kick in at the end of the month.

And my final comment: If the all the Yams have to beat us with is a relatively low attendance, then "GIRUY, 15 points and streets ahead in class".

:notworthy:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-12-2009, 04:17 PM
There used to be a time where you were lucky if you even got highlights.
Now there are a number of different means of getting Hibs content. Now you can drive into Hibee overload (net boards/chat/streaming, radio, tv)

For those desperate for a fix there are a variety of fee/free based services.

Perhaps attending a live match on a regular basis just aint what it used to be, using alternatives sustains folks and also helps on the financial front.

FWIW i think this is a contributary factor but like others wouldn't be too surprised to see an upturn once the half STs kick in.

So what does this mean - folks are interested in committing at the right price for a number of games. Left til later means they are perhaps less likely to attend on a regular basis pick and choose matches.

AND this means is over to the club to do what it can to entice these folks into returning on a more regular basis. I'm guessing with the membership scheme (sorry not read up on the details) will give opportunity to target and promote things more directly ("triple-play"/pick and mix discounts) - OK just made the pick and mix discount up.

:notworthy:

Still think that there's much to be said about bringing an element of the terraces back to the stadium. Unallocated singing or "adhoc mates" section where people can rock up and sit with who they want - perhaps even have a dating section in the back row :)

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
07-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Official attendance was 11,240, and NOT 10,300. :confused:

PatHead
07-12-2009, 06:22 PM
A couple of folk have mentioned half season sales. Anyone know how they are going?

Joe Baker II
08-12-2009, 09:05 AM
10K, 12K, who cares, Hibs are doing well and thats all I care about!!

Surely that is more reason to be concerned though (allowing for fact that many posters have stated figure from club have inaccurate which I can easily believe) as higher crowds are only way any success is likely to be sustainable?

I missed Saturday but people down south were saying to the effect that "if Hibs can only get 10,000 when challenging for league, that is pathetic", so if figure was deliberately understated Board are hardly improving the image of Hibs (not unusual obviously) but one still wonders why.

Joe Baker II
08-12-2009, 09:09 AM
The recession is certainly hurting us. But the OF whingeing, Scotland's failure to qualify for the WC, are hurting us too, I think.

Think the appalling efforts of our clubs in Europe since 2008 a bigger factor.

Phil MaGlass
08-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Is it not to do with the fact that supporters were let straight in through the gates because the scanning of cards was not working?

jgl07
08-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Think the appalling efforts of our clubs in Europe since 2008 a bigger factor.
Absolute rubbish.

Are you telling me that people are not showing up to Hibs' matches because Hearts, Rangers and Celtic have screwed up in Europe.

Hibs' attendances are a product of some dire performances over the last two or three years and the recession.

Remember that if you go back 15 years Hibs would have been delighted with a 10,000 crowd for anything bar the OF or Hearts.

Crowds will go up for the second half of the season with the half seasons kick in.

The_Todd
08-12-2009, 09:31 AM
At the end of the day, unlike Hearts fans who cream themselves at the slightest hint of success (only to be let down in spectacular fashion) we Hibbies seem to be a little more cautious.

There are many just waiting for the wheels to fall off the season, but the longer we keep this up, the more lapsed supporters will return.

I know the Hearts fans think our 11k crowd v Motherwell is "hilarious", but then they could only take 300 to Hamilton. Of course, most Yams at Tynie are there because of a season ticket purchased on the back of last seasons success. Will the vast majority renew next season? Will they ****.

At the end of the day, let the Yams laugh at our attendances - after all they've got to have something to laugh at since there's nothing else.

greenginger
08-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Is it not to do with the fact that supporters were let straight in through the gates because the scanning of cards was not working?

I posted that already as having been the case in the lower West. I don't know about any other of the stands but certainly a couple of hundred were let through the exit gate just showing their members pass.

Those people could not have been included in the published attendance.

Joe Baker II
08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=jgl07;2268148]Absolute rubbish.

Are you telling me that people are not showing up to Hibs' matches because Hearts, Rangers and Celtic have screwed up in Europe.

QUOTE]

Yes overall Scottish clubs performance creates feel bad factor which affects Hibs fans (arguably in fact more so than the clubs you refer to as non-regulars will see us as not even good enough to get as far as Europe to screw up - a bit harsh in seasons 2005-6 and 2006-7 but fair view in 07-8 and 08-9) - certainly clubs failure has bigger effect than Scotland not doing well as claimed in earlier post though that is a factor too.

Joe Baker II
08-12-2009, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=The_Todd;2268156]

I know the Hearts fans think our 11k crowd v Motherwell is "hilarious", but then they could only take 300 to Hamilton. Of course, most Yams at Tynie are there because of a season ticket purchased on the back of last seasons success. Will the vast majority renew next season? Will they ****.

QUOTE]

Yes what was up with Hearts crowd on Saturday (300 looked like overestimate!), even given ludicrous kick off time and thier recent form and weaker excuses of Christmas/recession/live tv, pretty worrying if team from capital takes such a poor support (although I realise we took 3,000 in September).

Even at our nadir under Williamson (and we had some poor away supports under Paatelanien) we would take 500 at least to equivalent venue of Mothwerwell (lowest recent total crowd there for Hibs game 3,100 one December) when prices similar to today.