PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game

goosano
05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Best home performance of the season-some great passing and with a wee bit more composure could have scored a sackload

Hats off to Nishie, Deek and Stokes-worked really hard chasing the Motherwell defence, pressing them and causing errors

Big Yves had little to do but made a couple of really good stops

Motherwell's style suited us and I doubt we'll get that much space in many other matches

Rankin and Miller worked their socks off in midfield

Weatherspoon got forward a lot more and had one Brazil like flick-still occasionally got caught out and nearly cost us a goal

Shame to have just over 10k to witness it though..

fife hfc
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I thought we were excellent today and the only complaint would be that we didn't score the number of goals our play merited. I think the whole team played its part (even rankin:greengrin) and special mention to Nish, Hogg, rankin and makalambay who are usually slaughtered on this board. Oh and stokes who before his goal I was saying he should be on the bench :doh:

Its a great start to some very difficult fixtures over the coming month.:top marks

SouthMoroccoStu
05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Best home performance of the season-some great passing and with a wee bit more composure could have scored a sackload

Hats off to Nishie, Deek and Stokes-worked really hard chasing the Motherwell defence, pressing them and causing errors

Big Yves had little to do but made a couple of really good stops

Motherwell's style suited us and I doubt we'll get that much space in many other matches

Rankin and Miller worked their socks off in midfield

Weatherspoon got forward a lot more and had one Brazil like flick-still occasionally got caught out and nearly cost us a goal

Shame to have just over 10k to witness it though..

I read that on BBC website.

i would have said there was more than that

Shaggy
05-12-2009, 06:06 PM
I thought the first half against Dundee Utd was the best I had seen Hibs play for years.

Pass marks today, but for me not much more.

Best Nish performance I have seen though.

Lofarl
05-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Great atmosphere today. If there was only 10k there the empty seats must have been all behind me. Ground looked fairly packed to me in east stand.

Fantastic team effort today and the fans got right behind the team. My throat is sore an so are my hand from singing and clapping.