PDA

View Full Version : Question Allan "Fud" Preston

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Heard on the way to the game that 'Biscuit' was yet again at ER.

So, for anyone listening to Radio Scotland was he spewing - or did he find plenty to fault??

maturehibby
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Spewing

Sprouleflyer
05-12-2009, 08:05 PM

So, for anyone listening to Radio Scotland was he spewing - or did he find plenty to fault??

The only thing he could find fault with Hibs today was it should have been 6 or 7 - nil.

One day we will really spank a team at ER, here's hoping Jan 3rd is that day!!!!!

The_Todd
05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Spewing

Good. Can't stand him - and nothing to do with his supposed Yam credentials, because he's an out and out OF sympathiser anyway.

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 08:46 PM

The guy is a dickhead and that's being unkind to dickhead's :greengrin

DaveF
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
The guy is a dickhead and that's being unkind to dickhead's :greengrin

Now normally we'd hand out warnings for that sort of language, but since it's Preston - carry on :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Apparently when you are a pundit for the BBC...

Gordon Smith - was he not an agent when punditing ahead of the Scotland gig? Is he still one now? If so definate conflict of interest.

Preston - is he not an agent?
Mackay - he is an agent (and plenty of other things:greengrin)
I'm sure there are plenty others...

To a lesser extent Willie Miller - director of Aberdeen

I dont have a problem necessarily with players/former players/managers etc. but is this trend not a bit concerning...?

MGmick
05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Radio Scotland pair at ER today were John Barnes and Steve Cowan.

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Now normally we'd hand out warnings for that sort of language, but since it's Preston - carry on :greengrin

Thank you kind sir :thumbsup::notworthy:

Part/Time Supporter
05-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Radio Scotland pair at ER today were John Barnes and Steve Cowan.

Preston was there, he was on the "open all mics" feed.

:agree:

PatHead
05-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Don't know how to attach the report but BBC:confused: report on match describes Hibs play as scrappy. Does Preston write these as well? Or do they have a whole department of fuds? Hate the BBC these days.........

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 08:58 PM

Jeezo do you mean the listening public were subjected to his squeeky wee voice screaming down the mic just when it's least expected? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 08:59 PM

Gordon Smith - was he not an agent when punditing ahead of the Scotland gig? Is he still one now? If so definate conflict of interest.

I dont have a problem necessarily with players/former players/managers etc. but is this trend not a bit concerning...?

I don't think there's a conflict of interest in being both an agent and a pundit loko. Unless said agent/pundit summed up a match by saying "They lost 12-0 but the keeper was magnificent and I should know :wink:" :greengrin

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't think there's a conflict of interest in being both an agent and a pundit loko. Unless said agent/pundit summed up a match by saying "They lost 12-0 but the keeper was magnificent and I should know :wink:" :greengrin

I disagree - Smith used to sit there 'bigging up' his players, when he was a pundit and agent; Kenny Miller being perfect example.

A friend of mine works for the BBC in London, he couldn't believe that BBC Scotland allowed this sort of thing.

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Only in Scotland could such a mediocre nonentity as Smith clean up by taking money out of the game in every conceivable role; SFA official, agent, pundit. The only thing he doesn't do is groundsman or pie seller, probably because these roles are actually useful.

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 09:03 PM
I disagree - Smith used to sit there 'bigging up' his players, when he was a pundit and agent; Kenny Miller being perfect example.

A friend of mine works for the BBC in London, he couldn't believe that BBC Scotland allowed this sort of thing.

Come to think of it, you're right!!

Lets all email the Beeb and ask the question :devil:

MGmick
05-12-2009, 09:06 PM

Ah! Never listen to that, there'ii be time enough for my head to be filled with copious slavering voices when senility kicks in.

forthhibby
05-12-2009, 09:12 PM

they keep joking that they send preston to watch hibs because they know he detests us, wonder if because we are on a good run they are continueing to make him attend our games:greengrin

sauzee1966
05-12-2009, 10:40 PM
The man was ripping Zouma to bits saying he was lazy and also the fact that all he does is argue and is not interested in getting involved in the game at all.
Ok this is a democracy and we are all allowed opinions...but i have now listened to a couple of game from the radio and he is never ever seeing things how they are actually happening.
I can imagine him commenting on Ian Rush....That boy
is so lazy and does nothing for the team at all!!!

Total yam fud!:thumbsup:::shocked:

Jeezo do you mean the listening public were subjected to his squeeky wee voice screaming down the mic just when it's least expected? :greengrin
s

MyJo
05-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Alan preston should wear a hat with a wee bell on it :wink:

steakbake
05-12-2009, 11:18 PM

BBC Scotland is totally incestuous. It is a reflection of much of what is wrong at the strategic levell of the Scottish game. Witness, for example, the talking up of Walter Smith. Now he doesn't want the Scotland gig, the BBC pundits are going on about Levein... what about the other candidates? I know Potter is a good manager, but I'm not having Chick Young and his pals deciding the next Scotland manager, because they feel they mistakenly represent the views of people to the SFA "beaks".

Its also clear that Smith is far too close to those to control the airwaves and the way Scottish football is broadcast for it to be healthy.

Silversand
06-12-2009, 12:53 AM

That's good.

Hope he's enjoying the season.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Preston? Grade 'A' FUD:agree:

Dusny ken if its xmas eve or adam and eve...total plonker and a Hearts twat tae boot:agree:

Preston you can **** right off!:agree:

PLUM.

scotty1875
06-12-2009, 11:12 AM
The man was ripping Zouma to bits saying he was lazy and also the fact that all he does is argue and is not interested in getting involved in the game at all.
Ok this is a democracy and we are all allowed opinions...but i have now listened to a couple of game from the radio and he is never ever seeing things how they are actually happening...Total yam fud!:thumbsup:::shocked:
s

That's my take on him too. Preston aka A.L.F. (Annoying Little ******) is a complete erse on open all mics - always shouting and butting in to talk complete bollocks when far more interesting goal mouth action is obviously happening simultaneously at other matches :grr:

A serious point though:-

Would the BBC dare to subject the Old Firm radio listeners to the same drivel e.g. encourage Neil Lennon to spout crap at Rangkers matches or encourage Goram to be ungracious towards Smellic players? - I seriously doubt it

It's obvious that the other BBC pundits think it's hilarious to have this halfwit covering the Hibs games because of his dislike of Hibs, however, his biased verbal diarrhoea on Hibs play and his constant derision of Hibs players (as quoted by Sauzee1966 above) doesn't provide the radio listener with a true reflection of the game / portray the flashes of flair displayed by certain players that Hibs fans pay to see. As a result, I think this may sway some Hibs fans from coming along to games. You would think that Bobby Williamson was still Hibs manager given his "analysis" of play.

In summary - he is utterly talentless and a waste of BBC license payers' money. :bye:

And before any Yams have a go about being me being equally biased towards Preston- I think Robbo does a good job as a pundit on the radio.

.Sean.
06-12-2009, 11:33 AM
I think to summarise, Alan Preston is simply bog-standard, slavering, fat, biased Jambo ****. Nothing more to be said on the matter really.

basehibby
06-12-2009, 06:06 PM
BBC Scotland sports coverage has slumped to the level of amateurism and the use of Preston in any capacity merely serves to highlight this.

What really rankles is the fact that ALL of us are compelled to pay for this sheight! Be better off closing the whole shooting match down than serving up such half baked drivell. :grr::grr::grr:

Big Frank
06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Just like no good Hibby should by the Daily Ranger, neither should he tune in to BBC "Sport" Scotland.

YehButNoBut
06-12-2009, 06:15 PM
The Editor for BBC TV Sport in Scotland is a big Hearts fan, not sure if he will have any say in radio content however.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I listened to the game on the bbc yesterday, yet reading the pages on here about how well we played, and how well we controlled the game, i'm convinced they were commentating on a different game.:confused:

scotty1875
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I listened to the game on the bbc yesterday, yet reading the pages on here about how well we played, and how well we controlled the game, i'm convinced they were commentating on a different game.:confused:

My point exactly, Blackpool :agree:

Aldo
06-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I wrote to the BBC and complained about the FUD and was told that they would monitor the comments made by him. Sorry but why does he get anywhere near ER or Hibs for that.

He should be asked about the Yams result today and how they are about to implode after getting 4 men sent off this afternoon.

PYYFGTF
stands for (Preston you yam fud get tae F*^^)

scotty1875
06-12-2009, 07:52 PM

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 10:50 PM

I only made 1 point.:confused::wink: