PDA

View Full Version : Maka

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 05:11 PM
The bashers will have a hard time trying to pick out any faults today with the lad. Although he wasn't troubled much, he always looked very comfortable. :agree:

Still... I'm sure someone will find something wrong with his performance today. :rolleyes:

Hibs Class
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
He played well, commanded his area, won every ball he went for and made a terrific save just before half time. He looked confident and comfortable today. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes sticks with him next week, whether Stack is fit again or not.

--------
05-12-2009, 05:15 PM
The bashers will have a hard time trying to pick out any faults today with the lad. Although he wasn't troubled much, he always looked very comfortable. :agree:

Still... I'm sure someone will find something wrong with his performance today. :rolleyes:

Gonnae no go fishing? :devil:

Best way for Maka to win folks over is to do what he did today and go on doing it. I just hope he signs and expension and plays the way he can do - he'll be Hibs and Belgian Number One in no time.... :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 05:16 PM
He played well, commanded his area, won every ball he went for and made a terrific save just before half time. He looked confident and comfortable today. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes sticks with him next week, whether Stack is fit again or not.

I like Stack. But I think it would be very harsh on Maka if he doesn't get a start next week. He earned it today IMO.

And yes, it was a cracking save. Could have reshaped the whole game. :agree:

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2009, 05:17 PM

I'd like to see him in next week, purely because he actually attacks crosses instead of standing on his line inviting headers.

Hibercelona
Gonnae no go fishing? :devil:

:fishin: :devil:

hibee_girl
He didn't have a lot to do but when he was called upon he dealt with things well, that save just before half time was brilliant and so crucial :agree:

He more than deserves to keep his place for next week

--------
05-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I like Stack. But I think it would be very harsh on Maka if he doesn't get a start next week. He earned it today IMO.

And yes, it was a cracking save. Could have reshaped the whole game. :agree:

I'd like to see him in next week, purely because he actually attacks crosses instead of standing on his line inviting headers.

NOT a good idea to drop a keeper who's kept a clean sheet.... :agree:

BigBamba
05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately I could only listen to the game on the radio but before the game had even started they were making out as if it was a disaster i was getting so p*ssed off listening to it! wonder if anyone knows who was making these comments?:grr:

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Unfortunately I could only listen to the game on the radio but before the game had even started they were making out as if it was a disaster i was getting so p*ssed off listening to it! wonder if anyone knows who was making these comments?:grr:

It would no doubt be that erse Preston. :grr:

Hibs Spain
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Still... I'm sure someone will find something wrong with his performance today. :rolleyes:The Maka today was the Maka I know will be priceless for us :agree: What a difference to a goalie that's stuck to his line. You would have to say that it would be impossible for a goalie to get through 90 mins without some kind of mishap .... But that was faultless today. Well done my boy..:greengrin

BEEJ
05-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Ten posts now and all very complimentary towards Maka today. Well done to the lad!

Could the admins now lock this thread down before we get drawn into another ten page repeat of last week's epic debate on the merits, skin-colour etc etc of our two main keepers?

Cheers! :greengrin

--------
05-12-2009, 05:26 PM

Cowan was one.

Maka needs to realise that he has it in him to be a very good keeper indeed - he ahs all the physical equipment; he needs to learn to cut out the chance-taking and work on his concentration and decision-making.

I really think Scott Thomson'll make a big difference to him if he stays at ER another couple of seasons.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 05:26 PM

What a load of complete bollox. I am happy as a pig in *****, we won, we apparently played well, and our keeper kept a clean sheet. What is there to complain about tonight?:confused:

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 05:32 PM
What a load of complete bollox. I am happy as a pig in *****, we won, we apparently played well, and our keeper kept a clean sheet. What is there to complain about tonight?:confused:

The fact that we get some bawbags on here that just love to rip into certain players, even when they play well.

hibbybrian
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM

that's enough to have spoiled the weekend of more than a few "supporters" I would imagine G. :devil: :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Maka was excellent today. I think the most important thing was he cut out the theatrics and showboating and seemed to have very high levels of concentration for 90 mins. It's almost like he decided he was going to be a safe pair of hands rather than a big personality. Agreed he will be very hard to drop on this form.

Andy74
05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Maka was excellent today and as we tried to say last week when some were getting a bit hysterical credit will be given when it is due in the same way as criticism is.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 05:48 PM
that's enough to have spoiled the weekend of more than a few "supporters" I would imagine G. :devil: :greengrin

I dont buy that, i know you said it in jest, but i'm sure there will be some who do think that. The only thing i'm gutted about, is i could not make the game today. Also i'm so happy for Maka, as i have said many times, there is a decent keeper in there, he needs to make saves like he made today, and not have lapses of concentration like last week. If he can rid his game of that, he has a future in the game.:thumbsup:

fife hfc
05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Maka was excellent today. I think the most important thing was he cut out the theatrics and showboating and seemed to have very high levels of concentration for 90 mins. It's almost like he decided he was going to be a safe pair of hands rather than a big personality. Agreed he will be very hard to drop on this form.

:top marks

Maka was excellent today and its great that we have two goalkeepers who are a safe pair of hands. last season maka made a number of mistakes that he has cut out in the games he has played. Maybe it was jones who made him nervous as it was apparent that he had no confidence in Maka. Also getting dropped may be the best thing to happen to him as it may have focused him more and we are now seeing the results. Keep it up maka:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Nae smiling from Maka today !!
Frowning constantly and looked very assured.

Keep frowning Maka. I'm loving it !

He looks hard as nails when he is serious:greengrin

hibee_girl
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
The home support, therefore, would not have been too pleased to hear that he had failed to shake off a back injury and Yves Ma-Kalambay would be back between the sticks

taken from the BBC match report.

--------
05-12-2009, 06:09 PM
By hibee_girl:

Quote: The home support, therefore, would not have been too pleased to hear that he had failed to shake off a back injury and Yves Ma-Kalambay would be back between the sticks.

taken from the BBC match report.

Well, some of us weren't too pleased....

But it isn't exactly impartial and objective reporting, is it?

hibbymark
05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Outstanding save just before half time today to keep us one nil up at half time or it could have been totally different had motherwell got back to 1 - 1 . Added to last weeks finger tip save against falkirk that i dont think Stack would have reached i feel the big man has really played a huge part in the 6 points we have collected in the last 2 games. Constantly shouted instructions to the back 4 today as well which shows his confidence is growing as well.

soupy
05-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Well done Maka:thumbsup:

Taz_hibee
05-12-2009, 06:50 PM

You say this in jest but the sad thing is there will be a few on here who will be gutted they cannot get ripped into Maka.

Never mind though guys theres always next week and I am sure you will all be hoping for some little crumb of a mistake by Maka.

Heres hoping the big man keeps playing like today and shoves it right up the Maka Haters GGTTH :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
05-12-2009, 06:50 PM
He was good today..

They rarely threatened but what he had to deal with he did it very well..

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 07:11 PM

You must be joking! :confused:

Guy on front of me in the West Lower actually shouted at him late in the second half, when he stroked a short pass to Bamba (who clearly wanted the ball!) on the edge of the penalty box, yelling (and I'm not overstating the type of shout it was) "typical of that useless clown - put a player in trouble rather than punt it up the park!" :grr:

Maka proved today that he can be the no 1 Hibs keeper for a long time if he delivers that type of performance most weeks (or should I say EVERY week for the "fairweather" fans and the (many) fans at games who clearly know little about the game)! :agree:

Well done Maka! Keep proving these doubters wrong buddy! :agree:

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 07:15 PM

I heard that on the way to the game and phoned the BBC to see if they would let me speak to Richard Gordon to complain about that twat Cowan saying something like "Maka came on at half time last week and had the fans like gibbering wrecks by full time so goodness knows how they will get on today"! :confused:

Needless to say, I didn't get through to Gordon! :grr:

No wonder the many who post on here who don't go to games perpetuate the myths that these idiots come out with! :agree:

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
You must be joking! :confused:

Guy on front of me in the West Lower actually shouted at him late in the second half, when he stroked a short pass to Bamba (who clearly wanted the ball!) on the edge of the penalty box, yelling "and I'm not overstating the type of shout it was) "typical of that useless clown - put a player ion trouble rather than punt it up the park! :grr:

Maka proved today that he can be the no 1 Hibs keeper for a long time if he delivers that type of performance most weeks (or should I say EVERY week for the "fairweather" fans and the (many) fans at games who clearly know little about the game)! :agree:

Well done Maka! Keep proving these doubters wrong buddy! :agree:

Did you even read my post. :greengrin

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Did you even read my post. :greengrin

What an idiot I am! :wink: :greengrin

I should have highlighted the bit from the quote from you that I DID READ which I was responding to! :greengrin

You made two points you scamp you! :greengrin

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 07:28 PM
What an idiot I am! :wink: :greengrin

I should have highlighted the bit from the quote from you that I DID READ which I was responding to! :greengrin

You made two points you scamp you! :greengrin

I take it you were replying to the last part of my post about some people finding something wrong with his performance? :wink:

It's not because I thought there was something wrong with his performance, as I thought it was flawless. I said that, because some posters on here like to bash a player, regardless of how well they play. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I said that, because some posters on here like to bash a player, regardless of how well they play. :agree:

Fair point - Stack's a good example of that.

Anyway well done the goalie - he was excellent in the 1st half, not much to do in the 2nd. I hope he plays like that everytime he plays - looked like he had taken on board what Yogi had to say to him. :agree:

Jonnyboy
05-12-2009, 07:39 PM

It seems to me that these 'pundits' have all jumped on the media generated bandwagon regarding Hibs having iffy goalkeepers. I accept we've had a few (Brown, Malkowski etc) but the stick they give Maka is at best unprofessional and at worst (are you reading this Alan 'Dickhead' Preston) downright vindictive.

I'm also a tad confused with the 'he didn't have a lot to do today' comments :confused: Agreed he could have gone for a bovril during the second half but in the first he had to deal with numerous crosses into the box and he did so extremely well. One guy near me was screaming 'catch it ya huddy' but in truth an attempted catch with the pace on some of those crosses could have led to a crucial error. His punches were all performed to good effect and though the header he brilliantly pushed over the bar will have his doubters saying it was straight at him he still had to have the reflexes and strength to deal with it the way he did

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 07:41 PM
It seems to me that these 'pundits' have all jumped on the media generated bandwagon regarding Hibs having iffy goalkeepers. I accept we've had a few (Brown, Malkowski etc) but the stick they give Maka is at best unprofessional and at worst (are you reading this Alan 'Dickhead' Preston) downright vindictive.

I'm also a tad confused with the 'he didn't have a lot to do today' comments :confused: Agreed he could have gone for a bovril during the second half but in the first he had to deal with numerous crosses into the box and he did so extremely well. One guy near me was screaming 'catch it ya huddy' but in truth an attempted catch with the pace on some of those crosses could have led to a crucial error. His punches were all performed to good effect and though the header he brilliantly pushed over the bar will have his doubters saying it was straight at him he still had to have the reflexes and strength to deal with it the way he did

Spot on! :wink:

:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Ten posts now and all very complimentary towards Maka today. Well done to the lad!

Could the admins now lock this thread down before we get drawn into another ten page repeat of last week's epic debate on the merits, skin-colour etc etc of our two main keepers?

Cheers! :greengrin

If you are trying to suggest that some hibs.net posters don't like Maka playing for Hibs because of his skin colour, then you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

Disc O'Dave
05-12-2009, 08:05 PM
The press sponsored witch hunt against Maka worked in our favour today.

Motherwell fell for it 100% and rather than having a strategy to try to attack any of the corners they took, or to play anything clever, they seemed to be content to launch them right at Maka and wait for the "inevitable" error.

That was their only game plan it seemed...as other than that, they were without any ideas or invention.

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
The press sponsored witch hunt against Maka worked in our favour today.

Motherwell fell for it 100% and rather than having a strategy to try to attack any of the corners they took, or to play anything clever, they seemed to be content to launch them right at Maka and wait for the "inevitable" error.

That was their only game plan it seemed...as other than that, they were without any ideas or invention.

Motherwell didn't create much, but I think a lot of that was due to how hard we worked off the ball. We were on them all the time and it made it hard for a side who like to pass to get any momentum going.

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
If you are trying to suggest that some hibs.net posters don't like Maka playing for Hibs because of his skin colour, then you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

Here we go again ...........................................:devil:

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Here we go again ...........................................:devil:

On that performance today, I hope Maka keeps the jersey til the end of the season [Cup Final???] cos the only way he should lose it is if he makes a rickett. As much as people can froth about wonder saves:blah::blah: what was most impressive today was his concentration level. Never caught cold. Absolutely top drawer performance , and Stack may well be thinking WTF am I doing here.

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 08:28 PM
On that performance today, I hope Maka keeps the jersey til the end of the season [Cup Final???] cos the only way he should lose it is if he makes a rickett. As much as people can froth about wonder saves:blah::blah: what was most impressive today was his concentration level. Never caught cold. Absolutely top drawer performance , and Stack may well be thinking WTF am I doing here.

He had a good game. Looked to be in a bad mood :greengrin

Ive said in other threads that he was very assured today.:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Just watching MOTD!

What a clown that Petr Cech is don't y'all think?! :wink::greengrin

Couple of complete howlers so he must be?! :wink: :greengrin

Hang on, his team-mates sorted out the problem so no goals from the mistakes! :dunno: :cool2:

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Just watching MOTD!

What a clown that Petr Cech is don't y'all think?! :wink::greengrin

Couple of complete howlers so he must be?! :wink: :greengrin

Hang on, his team-mates sorted out the problem so no goals from the mistakes! :dunno: :cool2:

:faf: :faf: :faf:

I thought he should've done better with Tevez's free-kick.

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Agreed but he's human like us all! :wink: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM

:agree: Stack would have saved that, not sure if Maka would have though. He has previous in setting his wall up wrong. :devil:

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Agreed but he's human like us all! :wink: :greengrin

:agree: It'll only become an issue if it starts happening regularly.

Jaz
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
We have two very contrasting keepers.

Stack is pretty dependable and solid but lacks presence and stature.

I thought Maka was excellent pre-season. Ok he is irratic but has genuine presence and raw ability. He has all the potential to be a top keeper. Reminds me of David James who hasn't had a bad career!

MyJo
05-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Maka was excellent today and seemed to be really focused on what he was doing, he had a couple of blips where he ran out to go for a ball and ended up running backwards after it off his goalline but that was it, brilliant performance from the big man :agree:

MyJo
05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
We have two very contrasting keepers.

aye, one we can't get off the goalline and the other we can't keep on it :greengrin

Gatecrasher
05-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Thought the big man was superb, if he plays like that every week you won't hear a peep against him

EasterRoad4Ever
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Perfect performance from Maka today. Looked like the complete keeper.

Jaz
05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
aye, one we can't get off the goalline and the other we can't keep on it :greengrin

:applause:

:faf:

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM

Evidence to support "regularly" please! :agree:

Forget it! Only joking as I have no doubts that we have a great keeper in Maka and, frankly, I can cope with those that don't agree by ignoring them for all the reasons I've posted before! :greengrin

Can't imagine he won't play from the start next week at Killie but, then again I don't pick the team! :wink:

:thumbsup:

steakbake
05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Thought Maka was good today. His continental style of the classic punch-out clearance always gets me a bit jumpy, but his save off the header in the first half was the work of a naturally talented and instinctive goalkeeper.

This time last year, that would have gone in, I reckon.

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Evidence to support "regularly" please! :agree:

Forget it! Only joking as I have no doubts that we have a great keeper in Maka and, frankly, I can cope with those that don't agree by ignoring them for all the reasons I've posted before! :greengrin

Can't imagine he won't play from the start next week at Killie but, then again I don't pick the team! :wink:

:thumbsup:

I was talking about Cech.

The_Sauz
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
It was his quick thinking that lead us to our first goal :agree:

:notworthy:

Saorsa
05-12-2009, 10:56 PM
What a load of complete bollox. I am happy as a pig in *****, we won, we apparently played well, and our keeper kept a clean sheet. What is there to complain about tonight?:confused::agree:

I agree entirely, I've never hid the fact that I've prefered Stack tae Makalamby but I cannae think of much he (Makalamby) done wrong today and I'm delighted for him and for Hibs and I have nae problem saying it. I have my preferred players in their positions but I have nae problem with other players coming in and doing that job and nae problem with saying when I think they've done a great job.

While I'm here I've been a critic of Nish but that's probably the best I've seen fae him so well done him tae :thumbsup:

I've been critical of a lot of our performances lately despite the results but I can honestly say I really enjoyed most of todays game :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

joebakerforever
05-12-2009, 10:56 PM
At the end of the first half Maka was clapped off the pitch, which he modestly acknowledged.

Also noted Bamba congratulated him on his save in first half.

Think today all the crap on last week's thread by some idiots on here suggesting his fellow team mates had no confidence in him, was shown up as the risible rubbish it was.

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 11:02 PM
:agree:

I agree entirely, I've never hid the fact that I've prefered Stack tae Makalamby but I cannae think of much he (Makalamby) done wrong today and I'm delighted for him and for Hibs and I have nae problem saying it. I have my preferred players in their positions but I have nae problem with other players coming in and doing that job and nae problem with saying when I think they've done a great job.

While I'm here I've been a critic of Nish but that's probably the best I've seen fae him so well done him tae :thumbsup:

I've been critical of a lot of our performances lately despite the results but I can honestly say I really enjoyed most of todays game :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It was an excellent game !
Motherwell gave up in the second half when they couldn't get the ball off us.
We bossed that match and it was great to see:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 11:14 PM

:top marks :thumbsup:

Ravelston Hibby
05-12-2009, 11:30 PM
:top marks :thumbsup:

:top marks:agree:

Too!!!

Nothing else need said!!! :agree:

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 11:36 PM

Agree with all of that.

Thought all our players were outstanding today:agree:

TornadoHibby
06-12-2009, 11:37 AM

Appreciate that, I was simply being mischievous as you possibly thought that I might be when you posted your reply! :greengrin

Whatever we think, "errors of judgement" affect every human being for varying reasons, sometime inexpicable ones, yet if you read only this Board for "life event" recording, you'd think that everything was black and white when, in fact, life ain't like that! :wink:

A great team performance yesterday with some stunning individual ones too! :cool2:

--------
06-12-2009, 12:40 PM

I think it HAS been happening maybe not regularly, but certainly more frequently, with Petr Cech. It may be sdomething to do with the bang on the head, or maybe the scrum-cap's making his brain over-heat....

BEEJ
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm not actually; this suggestion is made by others, however.

For context on my post I suggest that you read from start to finish the epic thread from last week on the seemingly, never-ending topic of our keepers. The racial aspect is, as you will see, invariably raised by the overtly pro-Maka camp.

Meantime, well done to Maka for a focussed and professional performance yesterday. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

erskine-hibby
06-12-2009, 04:41 PM
One game with very little to do does not make him alright, but if he keeps up the concentration levels when called for i will be happy.
Still think that Stack should be back in when fit regardless.

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Maka was brilliant yesterday. He cleared everything he needed to, made a great catch from a corner/cross in the first half. Great point blank save as well.

If he played like that every week I'd have no problem with him being number one. There was a lot of talk on here that the problems he's encountered and the uncertainty in the defence was due to his footballing relationship with Jones. He certainly looks a lot more assured now than at any time with Jones in front of him.

GTMRossaK3
06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Thought he had an excellent game yesterday. It's not easy to maintain concentration when not involved for spells but he coped with that well. He appeared to adopt a more 'clear the ball attitude' than 'collect everything' as of old which was much, much more effective. The point blank save he made was top drawer. Also - one save he made in the second half when he punched the ball away and got smacked in the mouth by the Motherwell attacker - he obviously took a sore one but just wiped his mouth and got on with the job - I think previously he would have gone down. If his progress ( and confidence ) continues I think we have two top class keepers on our hands!

hibsbollah
06-12-2009, 05:33 PM
He should keep his place. Nice to have Stack competing for the shirt which should keep Maka on his toes as well.

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 05:35 PM
He should keep his place. Nice to have Stack competing for the shirt which should keep Maka on his toes as well.

What's people's thoughts on a new contract for the big guy?

If he keeps his place and starts to play out his skin then we'll probably lose him at the end of the season.

Hibbyradge
06-12-2009, 05:40 PM

The fact that we get some bawbags on here that just love to rip into certain players, even when they play well.

I take it you were replying to the last part of my post about some people finding something wrong with his performance? :wink:

It's not because I thought there was something wrong with his performance, as I thought it was flawless. I said that, because some posters on here like to bash a player, regardless of how well they play. :agree:

That's out of order. No-one could possibly find fault with Maka's display yesterday.

If you think there are people who are unduly critical, you should name names instead of making general insinuations and hiding behind smileys and "knowing" winks.

Maka played well yeasteday, exactly as I've been wanting him to play.

His punches clear in the first half when he was being crowded were just perfect. It removed a weapon from Motherwell who had clearly planned to put him under pressure at crosses.

When he caught a cross confidently, he further underlined his ability and undermined Motherwell's game plan.

Someone beside me shouted at him to catch instead of punch and I vociferously defended Maka.

He had a fine instincive save from a close in effort and he got down sharply to save in the last 10 mins or so.

His distribution was solid and he dealt with about 2 passbacks properly.

If he continues performing like that, then I'll support him for a regular start.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 05:41 PM

What's people's thoughts on a new contract for the big guy?

If he keeps his place and starts to play out his skin then we'll probably lose him at the end of the season.

I would not be that unhappy should he leave at the end of the season. I did not see his performance yesterday, and its apparently a good one. He needs to play like that every week imho to earn a new contract, can he, lets hope so.

TornadoHibby
06-12-2009, 06:00 PM
I would not be that unhappy should he leave at the end of the season. I did not see his performance yesterday, and its apparently a good one. He needs to play like that every week imho to earn a new contract, can he, lets hope so.

:shocked:

...............But not entirely unexpected if I may say BH! :cool2:

The guy did yesterday what most of us believed he was capable of and that was to produce an extremely competent goalkeeping performance at least sufficient for the SPL and anything that Motherwell could throw at him! :agree:

He totally dominated the penalty box at all times throughout the 90 minutes and kept us ahead at half time with a stunning reaction save from a point blank header at a time when Motherwell's play had not warranted them getting into a goal scoring position! :cool2:

In my view it was a "top drawer" performance and one I am confident he can repeat regularly as he matures into the top level keeper that he is certainly capable of being! :agree:

I urge you to watch the entire match if you can and not simply the highlights which will only show the "best bits" (whatever they might be depending upon which twat at the BBC decides :cool2:) as that way you will see his confidence and physical authority which he brought to bear making him seem unbeatable yesterday! :wink:

If he was not to have his contract extended, I would be seriously disappointed that Hibs had let a rapidly maturing top goalkeeper, needing some real prolonged match play experience to become even better, go when such players are very hard to find! :agree: :wink:

erskine-hibby
06-12-2009, 06:04 PM

That is the million dollar question, too many times he has looked like he has turned the corner... only to keep on going round the block:agree:

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2009, 06:08 PM
:shocked:

...............But not entirely unexpected if I may say BH! :cool2:

The guy did yesterday what most of us believed he was capable of and that was to produce an extremely competent goalkeeping performance at least sufficient for the SPL and anything that Motherwell could throw at him! :agree:

He totally dominated the penalty box at all times throughout the 90 minutes and kept us ahead at half time with a stunning reaction save from a point blank header at a time when Motherwell's play had not warranted them getting into a goal scoring position! :cool2:

In my view it was a "top drawer" performance and one I am confident he can repeat regularly as he matures into the top level keeper that he is certainly capable of being! :agree:

I urge you to watch the entire match if you can and not simply the highlights which will only show the "best bits" (whatever they might be depending upon which twat at the BBC decides :cool2:) as that way you will see his confidence and physical authority which he brought to bear making him seem unbeatable yesterday! :wink:

If he was not to have his contract extended, I would be seriously disappointed that Hibs had let a rapidly maturing top goalkeeper, needing some real prolonged match play experience to become even better, go when such players are very hard to find! :agree: :wink:

As i said i was not there yesterday, but was last week. I'd have given the same answer last week. He needs more good games like yesterday to convince me he has a future at Hibs. I hope he succeeds, i really do.

jacomo
06-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I love Maka, always have done. He's got superstar potential.

Delighted for the big man! :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Maka's whole bearing and body language were different yesterday. All the lanquid posing was gone. He looked focused 100% on everything that was going on. I don't think he's as consistent as Stack, but when he's engaged in that way, he's a better keeper.

Hibs Spain
06-12-2009, 08:09 PM
I love Maka, always have done. He's got superstar potential.

Delighted for the big man! :thumbsup:Glad at least one other agrees with me ..:thumbsup:

Franck is God
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Glad at least one other agrees with me ..:thumbsup:

you're not alone.

I am a massive Maka fan, have never believed the media hype about him being mistake prone and quite frankly have never understood the pressure applied to him by his own fans.

I see keepers every week making far worse errors than Maka ever has for us but unfortunately for him he followed two pretty poor keepers into the side so as soon as any goals were conceded that appeared soft or savable then he immediately wasn't good enough.

I have seen Alan Rough, Andy Goram and Jim Leighton play for Hibs, they are probably three of the best keepers Scotland has produced and they all made mistakes playing for us, never stopped them being great keepers.

I hope Hibs offer him a new contract and more importantly he signs it. I want him to be reinstalled as our number one and stays for many years to come. He will make mistakes in the future and some of them may result in goals against us, I just hope that he gets a bit of a break when it does.

sleeping giant
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Maka's whole bearing and body language were different yesterday. All the lanquid posing was gone. He looked focused 100% on everything that was going on. I don't think he's as consistent as Stack, but when he's engaged in that way, he's a better keeper.

I've said that on a few other threads !
He looked like he was in a bad mood all game. No smiling or moseying back to his goals.

Well done Maka.

sleeping giant
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Glad at least one other agrees with me ..:thumbsup:

We all want him to do well mate :agree:

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I've said that on a few other threads !
He looked like he was in a bad mood all game. No smiling or moseying back to his goals.

Well done Maka.

Lets start pissing him off before the game. :devil:

sleeping giant
06-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Lets start pissing him off before the game. :devil:

Nah man. I've stood beside him :greengrin

Hibs7
07-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Always liked the big guy, and on Satyrday he proved he has the ability to go with his presence, maybe the new goal keeping coach is doing what Gordon Marshall couldn't, whatever long may it continue ... keep it up big man. :thumbsup: