PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

Liam89
05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
With his 1 or 2 goals this game let's all hope he's found his shooting boots and will be banging in goals for the mighty hibees! :notworthy:

--------
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
With his 1 or 2 goals this game let's all hope he's found his shooting boots and will be banging in goals for the mighty hibees! :notworthy:

He's over-rated. Not Hibs class. Like that goalkeeper. :stirrer:

hibee_girl
05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I hope his general play improves as well as him banging in the goals :agree:

ArabHibee
05-12-2009, 05:40 PM
He's over-rated. Not Hibs class. Like that goalkeeper. :stirrer:

:agree:
:devil:

I'm_cabbaged
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Touch of an elephant and missed a sitter.

On the other hand he's getting in to good positions, has a good work rate and unlucky with a header.

Don't know what to make of him TBH.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
he needs to believe in his abilities. couple of times today he could have taken a shot earlier.

this should get him on the way:thumbsup:

:notworthy:

Hakim Sar
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I think he has good movement and is relatively comfortable going up left or right... he also creates space behind him when he sits on the shoulder of last defender which gives zouma and deeks more room to do their thing.

Rather stokes in the team than out and think people are being unrealistic with their expectations that he is going to score barrel loads of goals.

I appreciate him for what he adds to the team.

hibbymark
05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
I think his work rate today was much improved. I know he scored twice today and hit the bar with a header but i still came away from the game thinking if he had scored a hatrick it would have been the worst hatrick scoring performance i have seen at easter road. I was more excited by stokes signing than any other recent arrival but i have been really disappointed so far. Early days,high expectation? maybe im being a bit harsh?

BEEJ
05-12-2009, 06:36 PM
I think his work rate today was much improved. I know he scored twice today and hit the bar with a header but i still came away from the game thinking if he had scored a hatrick it would have been the worst hatrick scoring performance i have seen at easter road. I was more excited by stokes signing than any other recent arrival but i have been really disappointed so far. Early days,high expectation? maybe im being a bit harsh?
:Ummm:

hibee_girl
05-12-2009, 06:38 PM

I felt the same :agree:

Wasn't really impressed with him today and haven't been for a few weeks but he scored and that's what counts :greengrin

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I thought he was crap TBH before scoring his first.

I had just said to my son that i didnt expect him out for the 2nd half:faf:

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Some astute chap wrote the other week that Stokes plays best moving into the channels. (Sorry, forgot who.) I think we clog them up too much by going down the middle. We need an out-and-out winger or two fast overlapping full-backs to get the best out of him.

--------
05-12-2009, 06:42 PM

:Ummm:

:Ummm: :Ummm: :Ummm: indeed. :greengrin

I DO think he needs to do what Deek has done - work harder and cover more ground. IIRC when he was up at Falkirk first time around he was very quick and sharp; right now IMO he needs to shed a bit of weight and sharpen up a bit.

But scoring one/two (?) and hitting the crossbar with a header? Not a bad stint for a striker, surely? :cool2:

I actually like the feeling that we still have more to come from players like Benji, Stokes, Miller and others. Might mean we keep on playing well into the New Year?

And see Bob's last post - bang on the money. :agree:

Removed
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I thought he was crap TBH before scoring his first.

I had just said to my son that i didnt expect him out for the 2nd half:faf:

:agree: And I'd just sent a few texts saying something similar then he scored :cool2:

So I stopped myself texting anyone that Maka was having a good game :greengrin

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 06:47 PM
:agree: And I'd just sent a few texts saying something similar then he scored :cool2:

So I stopped myself texting anyone that Maka was having a good game :greengrin

Very assured.

Liam Miller:notworthy:

--------
05-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Very assured.

Liam Miller:notworthy:

Stokes been awarded both goals by Ian Brines. Officially. :thumbsup:

Yogi very complimentary about Liam.

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Stokes been awarded both goals by Ian Brines. Officially. :thumbsup:

Superb stuff. 2 goals after a quiet start to the match.
Can't really ask for any more.

As for that wee greedy Zouma.....:grr:

--------
05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Superb stuff. 2 goals after a quiet start to the match.
Can't really ask for any more.

As for that wee greedy Zouma.....:grr:

10 unbeaten, and we could still play a lot better than we are....

.... if this is a dream, gonnae no waken me up? :devil:

scotia44
05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;2264787]Stokes been awarded both goals by Ian Brines. Officially. :thumbsup:

I have Stokesy 1st and last goalscorer how do I get it "official" when everybody is giving it to Nish:grr:

ancient hibee
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Some astute chap wrote the other week that Stokes plays best moving into the channels. (Sorry, forgot who.) I think we clog them up too much by going down the middle. We need an out-and-out winger or two fast overlapping full-backs to get the best out of him.
Pity he made such a horlicks of it then when Wotherspoon did just as you suggest.

greenlex
05-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Stokes first touch is the worst at ER by a country mile.

TornadoHibby
05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Touch of an elephant and missed a sitter.

On the other hand he's getting in to good positions, has a good work rate and unlucky with a header.

Don't know what to make of him TBH.

:top marks

That's where I am with him too! :agree:

Until he scored the first goal (where he was slightly offside I thought from where I sit), he didn't look interested, motivated and showed no signs of having any "fire in his belly" when it came to winning 50/50 's etc! :confused:

Something's not right with him yet and I just hope that Yogi sorts out whatever it is! :agree:

marinello59
05-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Until he scored the first goal (where he was slightly offside I thought from where I sit), he didn't look interested, motivated and showed no signs of having any "fire in his belly" when it came to winning 50/50 's etc! :confused:

Something's not right with him yet and I just hope that Yogi sorts out whatever it is! :agree:

I thought he was trying too hard, maybe a confidence thing. I certainly wouldn't have faulted the effort he was putting in. After his goal ,(and possibly a wee word at half Time from Yogi) he looked a different player and had a good second half.

Ozyhibby
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I have been critical of Stokes the last few weeks so will just say congrats on the 2 goals today. Still don't think it was a great performance from him but hope we will see better soon.

BBC website do not seem to be crediting him with second as they have him only on 4 goals this season.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

:confused:

Westie1875
05-12-2009, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=Doddie;2264787]Stokes been awarded both goals by Ian Brines. Officially. :thumbsup:

I have Stokesy 1st and last goalscorer how do I get it "official" when everybody is giving it to Nish:grr:

I thought it did come off Nish on the way in?

Dashing Bob S
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Pity he made such a horlicks of it then when Wotherspoon did just as you suggest.

Was probably in shock that they actually played him the sort of ball he wants.

Hibee_Rab
05-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Nae chance I was right in line with it. I thought Riordan had hit the pass too early at first.