PDA

View Full Version : Question Supporters Clubs/good pubs in Melbourne

nickwhibs
05-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Just wondering if there are any Hibs Suppoters Clubs in Melbourne as I will be there over xmas and new year. Or any other places where hibbies are likely to gather for the rangers and hearts games? Cheers

FranckSuzy
05-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Just wondering if there are any Hibs Suppoters Clubs in Melbourne as I will be there over xmas and new year. Or any other places where hibbies are likely to gather for the rangers and hearts games? Cheers

Hi, my big bro's in Melbourne and they normally meet up in the Charles Dickens pub on Collins Street (city centre). Mind you, with the time difference, some just watch the games on ESPN or interactive. PM me if you want his email but I'm sure there's a contact on here under supporters clubs (or it may be on the 'ficial site but I've defo seen it somewhere :greengrin). Was over there this time last year so am totally jealous. Have a great time :thumbsup:

Found the link! http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/SupportersClubs/0,,10290,00.html

nickwhibs
05-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Brilliant thanks very much! Yeah I can't wait. I gues the sunshine will make up for not actually being at the games :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Brilliant thanks very much! Yeah I can't wait. I gues the sunshine will make up for not actually being at the games :greengrin

It's totally surreal watching a Hibs game, 12,000 miles away, with fellow Hibby's all in their Hibs tops :greengrin Yeah, it'll be hot. Lucky barsteward :grr:

marti1875
06-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Aye as said above the Charles Dicken's is a great pub for the footie! When i was in Melbourne i always went there and it's open til the wee early hours as well. Even if they're already showing (usually english) games he can even record the game and you, go in the next day when it's a "normal" time for down here, ask him to put it on and he'll tell you what TV to sit in front off and voila...the times Hibs have been on live there's usually quite a few Hibs tops on show...it's great!!....:thumbsup:

nickwhibs
06-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Charles Dickens it is then! Do you reckon it's best to try and watch it live? i.e. will there be more hibbies / better atmosphere then?

FranckSuzy
06-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Charles Dickens it is then! Do you reckon it's best to try and watch it live? i.e. will there be more hibbies / better atmosphere then?

If it's a 12.30 ish k.o then there'll probably be more folk there as it'll be 11.30pm in Melbourne. 2pm games are a killer as it's a 1am k.o. Why not mail the Oz Hibs guys and ask who's going for a beer? They're a good bunch and always happy to welcome fellow Hibby's to Oz :thumbsup: If you get any crap from John, let me know. He's my bro' :greengrin

nickwhibs
06-12-2009, 10:06 PM
If it's a 12.30 ish k.o then there'll probably be more folk there as it'll be 11.30pm in Melbourne. 2pm games are a killer as it's a 1am k.o. Why not mail the Oz Hibs guys and ask who's going for a beer? They're a good bunch and always happy to welcome fellow Hibby's to Oz :thumbsup: If you get any crap from John, let me know. He's my bro' :greengrin

Yeah hopefully the derby will get moved to a 12.30 k.o. like the huns game. Haha yeah I'll def get in touch with them and see what their plans are.

joejoefaemexico
06-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi, my big bro's in Melbourne and they normally meet up in the Charles Dickens pub on Collins Street (city centre). Mind you, with the time difference, some just watch the games on ESPN or interactive. PM me if you want his email but I'm sure there's a contact on here under supporters clubs (or it may be on the 'ficial site but I've defo seen it somewhere :greengrin). Was over there this time last year so am totally jealous. Have a great time :thumbsup:

Found the link! http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/SupportersClubs/0,,10290,00.html

been over for xmas and new year twice in the last 5 years, last year was 45 degrees on new years day, incredible! also in the very jealous club. haha.

dickens is a winner my man!