PDA

View Full Version : ESPN at it now !!

crewetollhibee
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
2 ex-huns on the panel, and they wonder why we think there is an old-firm bias in the media? Granted that Hendry is resident, but could they not have balanced that by having an ex-bairn, instead of Old Father Time ? Even Uncle Wattie had a pop at him in the ****** this morning !!

jgl07
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
2 ex-huns on the panel, and they wonder why we think there is an old-firm bias in the media? Granted that Hendry is resident, but could they not have balanced that by having an ex-bairn, instead of Old Father Time ? Even Uncle Wattie had a pop at him in the ****** this morning !!
And how many matches did Hendry play for Rangers?

He played the bulk of his (productive) career down south with Man City and Blackburn. He did make an armed robbery of Rangers' wage bill late in his career.

To describe him as a Hun is like calling Ray Wilkins a Hibbie.

Moulin Yarns
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM

The only reason that it is invariably ex OF players on the tv panels is because they are unable to find gainful employement elsewhere :greengrin

crewetollhibee
05-12-2009, 02:00 PM

He played the bulk of his (productive) career down south with Man City and Blackburn. He did make an armed robbery of Rangers' wage bill late in his career.

Took the Murray shilling, played at Castle Greystoke in blue, and came out to play from the home dressing room ? That's hun enough for me.

7Hero
05-12-2009, 04:40 PM
if the media was biased to the oldfirm it would nt really be dong its job would it, you could also say it was bad at its job.

Considering the majority of folk support them it would be financially foley not to have an oldfirm biased media.

pick up an evening news or subscribe to hibs tv for non oldfirm bias.

Scorrie
05-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Not too bothered about OF bias. measn that we can progress unnoticed and then GIRU them when we beat them to the league title...:greengrin

majorhibs
05-12-2009, 08:06 PM

Hendry, who was from Aberdeen & grew up wi an ex workmate of mine, at the end of his career did that nauseating bit where he wanted to play for his "boyhood heroes" and angled for the move while still down south and playing for Scotland. Nauseating when that happens, that tube Gray on skysports did the same, what was pleasing about hendry's situation was that once he got there, looked to me like media & fan noise that made the move as well, wee arrogant advocaat then took a dislike to him and gave him hardly any game time, till he finally departed tail firmly between legs, making me VERY happy about one "hun" from aberdeen who went to the "boyhood heroes" and it went spectacularly pear shaped. Hendry & that buffoon hately on a panel talking about the huns. Total bias, total unproffesionalism, shows that channel up for the total amateurs they are, you dont even need to follow football to know that!

Hibercelona
05-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Once you play for the huns once, you are a hun.

It's a disease that there be no cure from.

PatHead
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Understand that newspapers and commercial broadcasters have viewing figures to worry about for advertisers but FFS the BBC is a public service broadcaster and should not have these concerns. They have a duty under their charter to provide a balanced schedule.

I honestly believe that they are to blame for a lot of kids following the bigot brothers. Every week whoever the Old Firm are playing at 3,00pm on a Saturday are the main feature.

BBC England are now doing this with the Big 4 down south

jgl07
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Took the Murray shilling, played at Castle Greystoke in blue, and came out to play from the home dressing room ? That's hun enough for me.
So did Ian Murray!

Malthibby
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
All hail Murray, the exception who proves the rule.
GG

majorhibs
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
So did Ian Murray!

Why are you trying so hard to justify anything to do with the huns? They are a scourge on Scottish fitba, indeed a scourge on anything fitba, and the way the authorities and press who purport to work for this country pander to them and the other sordid side of "glesga" is a scandal we should ALL be trying to get sorted.

crewetollhibee
05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
So did Ian Murray!
Correct, and if in say 10 years, Rangers featured in a game (not against Hibs), in which the only panellists were say Ian Murray and Kevin Thomson, I would be calling them ex-huns as well. Im talking about ESPN now falling into the OF is everything category, and so quickly too.