PDA

View Full Version : Nish to start!!

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Thought he came on to a game last week (after Stokes subbed) and his link-up play was as good as I have seen him playing.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Nish-pins-success-of-Hibs.5886895.jp

This will be a toughie today and I would think with Motherwell, just 5 points off the pace, or 8 after today :devil: will be up for it. So heres hoping for a cracking game. It's been a long time since I was so excited about going to watch The Famous Hi-bees and I have found my green tinted specks :greengrin so we can't lose, can we?

JE89
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Thought he came on to a game last week (after Stokes subbed) and his link-up play was as good as I have seen him playing.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Nish-pins-success-of-Hibs.5886895.jp

This will be a toughie today and I would think with Motherwell, just 5 points off the pace, or 8 after today :devil: will be up for it. So heres hoping for a cracking game. It's been a long time since I was so excited about going to watch The Famous Hi-bees and I have found my green tinted specks :greengrin so we can't lose, can we?

We are Hibs, we can ALWAYS lose :boo hoo:

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
We are Hibs, we can ALWAYS lose :boo hoo:

Very true, but I've got ma green tinted specks on :greengrin

Seriously though, we are playing not too bad, and the Well couldn't beat 9 men Dun Utd , so I am confident we can get a result today. :wink:

RoYO!
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
if its a lackluster performance from the fans i think that could be a passionless performance from the team.

we all need to get right behind them from the start, this game is huge for us and we can make the difference when we're on form

:notworthy:

down-the-slope
05-12-2009, 09:51 AM
if its a lackluster performance from the fans i think that could be a passionless performance from the team.

we all need to get right behind them from the start, this game is huge for us and we can make the difference when we're on form

:notworthy:

:agree: We have to remember we are the only team that have actually beaten Well this season so they are not going to want that to happen again. Only benefit might be that they will come looking to play open and win so our players may get a shade more space

JE89
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Very true, but I've got ma green tinted specks on :greengrin

Seriously though, we are playing not too bad, and the Well couldn't beat 9 men Dun Utd , so I am confident we can get a result today. :wink:

Me too. I'm going for 2-0, Nish then Stokes :agree:

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 09:54 AM
:agree: We have to remember we are the only team that have actually beaten Well this season so they are not going to want that to happen again. Only benefit might be that they will come looking to play open and win so our players may get a shade more space

Two teams that look to play the game the way punters want...so promises to be open and pleasant on the eye.:wink:

jacomo
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Two teams that look to play the game the way punters want...so promises to be open and pleasant on the eye.:wink:

I think Jim Gannon's doing a decent job at Well, but the way they play will hopefully suit us.

GlesgaeHibby
05-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I think Jim Gannon's doing a decent job at Well, but the way they play will hopefully suit us.

They like to play, and as such they'll leave room for us to play which could be dangerous. Most teams have tried to stifle us, but hopefully well let us play and it could be a cracker of a game.

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 10:17 AM

Do'n a cracking job, only hope it goes t!ts up the day..:greengrin

number9dream
05-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Nish scored the opener when we won at Fir Park, so I think the big man deserves to keep his place...
However, if we are as sloppy and casual as we were last weekend, we could be in trouble because we can't keep relying on Riordan to save us.
Motherwell are a tenacious side and Gannon has them organised.
I can't see either team keeping a clean sheet and there should be lots of goalmouth action.

TheBall'sRound
05-12-2009, 10:19 AM

I believe that, outside if the old firm, Motherwell are the only side who will give us a bit of space to play in. We will get chances In this game so 3 points will be decided by how ruthless the strikers are.

I fancy Stokes to get his season back on track today! (pleasepleaseplease!)

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I believe that, outside if the old firm, Motherwell are the only side who will give us a bit of space to play in. We will get chances In this game so 3 points will be decided by how ruthless the strikers are.

Would be good to see Stokes getting back on song with a double :greengrin

I'll go for 3-1 Hibs...:pray:

mim
05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Gannon is no fool.

He set Well up to play an open game against us at home and lost. He will try to put that right by playing much tighter at ER.

There won't be much in this. One goal either way. Let's hope we get it. :wink:

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Gannon is no fool.
He set Well up to play an open game against us at home and lost. He will try to put that right by playing much tighter at ER.

There won't be much in this. One goal either way. Let's hope we get it. :wink:

I feel he has done a good job in a short space of time and has his team well organised and playing well.

You could be right about the one goal difference, but I'm sticking my neck out and going for two clear goals...:thumbsup:

JE89
05-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Me too. I'm going for 2-0, Nish then Stokes :agree:

Hopefully it stays as it is :cool2:

Dibben
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Hopefully it stays as it is :cool2:

Ah, doesn't count... you got them the wrong way round!!!

:rules:

:greengrin

BH.

JE89
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Ah, doesn't count... you got them the wrong way round!!!

:rules:

:greengrin

BH.

:greengrin Haha knew some cheeky ******** would point that out!

Dibben
05-12-2009, 03:38 PM
:greengrin Haha knew some cheeky ******** would point that out!

:thumbsup:

I'm_cabbaged
05-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Thought big Nish was the dug's the day. :thumbsup:

David_D
05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
yeh I thought he was superb best I have seen him play in a long long time

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Removed
05-12-2009, 05:18 PM

yeh I thought he was superb best I have seen him play in a long long time

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

hibee_girl
05-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Nish was my MOTM today :agree:

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM

He certainly was , the mutt's nut's for me..

A good solid performance :top marks I was a tad worried about todays match..

Andy74
05-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Nish was great today. Brilliant workrate. Seems to have improved since Hughes told him to stay on his feet.

scoopyboy
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Nish was great today. Brilliant workrate. Seems to have improved since Hughes told him to stay on his feet.

Agreed. Nish won MOTM today on the East Lothian Hibs bus today, two votes ahead of Liam Miller.

HibbyKeith
05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Personally think that the big difference with nish the last two games is hes not playing on the shoulder of the last defender where he is constantly offside. he's a big lad, and as proven again today a real handfull playing in that hole behind stokes.

tackles, headers, tracking and general nuisance for the entire game. :top marks

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Personally think that the big difference with nish the last two games is hes not playing on the shoulder of the last defender where he is constantly offside. he's a big lad, and as proven again today a real handfull playing in that hole behind stokes.

tackles, headers, tracking and general nuisance for the entire game. :top marks

Not to mention his close ball control....did I just say that about Nish...:greengrin

James70
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Nish was my MOTM today :agree:

Mine too! Seemed like a completely different player and found an extra gear.

TheBall'sRound
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM

Go on admit it, I'm a genius... :greengrin

Cropley10
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
How loud was Nish's applause when he came off right at the end....!?

Plenty of folk in the West Upper on their feet.

Good atmosphere today.:thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Nish :top marksdid not stop running for 90 minutes and deserved a goal.

Winston Ingram
05-12-2009, 08:24 PM
I thought Nish probably had his best game for us today. Played a bit deeper but I think it worked. I don't think I remember him misplacing a pass and the amount of times he nicked the ball off their holding midfielder was excellent. Really unlucky not to be MotM today:top marks

Barney McGrew
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Part of the difference over the last two weeks is that we're playing the ball to his feet instead of punting it up to him and hoping he wins it in the air.

For a big guy, he's got a very neat touch and good close control, but for a tall guy he's pants with his heid.

Most of what we did well today involved Nishy, and for once I don't think he was offside once in the whole game.

IanFaeClerrie
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
He was our best player today, as he was last week in the time he was on. Nish's ball control has always been top class, especially his close control under pressure and his first touch. Most of our good moves on the ground last season involved him . It would be nice if all the hibbies who cheered when he was sent at Hamilton off mailed an apology to him.

Leithenhibby
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Go on admit it, I'm a genius... :greengrin

Your right :agree: you did fancy Stokes for a goal. But I said that we would win by two clear goals..:greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I've never been a fan of Nish, many on here know that, but today he was simply outstanding. Like a completely different player. He worked his socks off, was a lot less clumsy than normal (can't recall seeing him on his arse today!) his link up play was brilliant at times.

More of the same please!!

steakbake
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I really want Nish to do well but at the moment, out of all the squad we have just now, losing Nish in January would trouble me the least.

I was saying to Hibbygubrath early on in the match today that all Stokes needs is a couple of goals and he'll probably be knocking them in for fun. Hopefully the same will come for Nish.

The negatives: first, he's a six footer but seems to be fairly easily out muscled by smaller players. second, there were a number of times that he was caught ball watching today and one incident which sticks out in my mind was in the second half where he watched the ball roll past him when it would have probably been easier to stick out a leg and regain possession.

To end on a positive, he didn't spend nearly as much of the game on his jacksey today (i only remember one time in the first half) and if contrasted against his performance against the Fuds a few weeks ago, he was a different player. Hope he keeps on improving cos if him and stokes are firing them in, we'll have the league wrapped up before I've tanned my first easter egg. :wink:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
05-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Nish isn't a consistent player. He played well today, and well in the second half last week, but he's usually the first one to hide when things are going against you. I'm not sure what sort of gym routine Yogi has for him, but he needs to put on at least a stone, would help him a lot. Just now he looks like a guy that stumbled of the Burma railway in 1945.

RickyS
05-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I really want Nish to do well but at the moment, out of all the squad we have just now, losing Nish in January would trouble me the least.

I was saying to Hibbygubrath early on in the match today that all Stokes needs is a couple of goals and he'll probably be knocking them in for fun. Hopefully the same will come for Nish.

The negatives: first, he's a six footer but seems to be fairly easily out muscled by smaller players. second, there were a number of times that he was caught ball watching today and one incident which sticks out in my mind was in the second half where he watched the ball roll past him when it would have probably been easier to stick out a leg and regain possession.

To end on a positive, he didn't spend nearly as much of the game on his jacksey today (i only remember one time in the first half) and if contrasted against his performance against the Fuds a few weeks ago, he was a different player. Hope he keeps on improving cos if him and stokes are firing them in, we'll have the league wrapped up before I've tanned my first easter egg. :wink:

so he is a 5ft attacking midfielder trapped in a 6ft+ body! wel done to the big fella today, my man of the match. with miller a very very close 2nd.
Delighted, was a wee bit concerned about this one. mon the Accies on sunday now!

The Harp Awakes
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Nish was MoM I'd say. I can only think that Yogi took him off to get his deserved standing ovation. Stokes was puggled and was desperate to come off.

Barney McGrew
06-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I can only think that Yogi took him off to get his deserved standing ovation.

:agree:

A very good piece of man management from Yogi given the pelters he's taken at times this season.

Hibs7
06-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Played a blinder today my MOM as well closely followed by Hogg who I thought was immense.:thumbsup::thumbsup: