PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) - SFA to Appoach Walter Smith

The Harp Awakes
05-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Can't believe I'm reading this. The guy walked out on Scotland and has recently said he doesn't want the job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8396356.stm

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
05-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Please NO!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:

Geo_1875
05-12-2009, 01:32 AM
They'll do anything to maintain the weegie influence on the Scottish National Team. Wouldn't mind Dan Petrescu though.

Richard Scott
05-12-2009, 01:33 AM
They'll do anything to maintain the weegie influence on the Scottish National Team. Wouldn't mind Dan Petrescu though.

Pardon my ignorance, but who? :greengrin:confused:

Steve-O
05-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but who? :greengrin:confused:

Tsk, youngsters these days!

He is currently in charge of that Romanian team who pumped Rangers.

He also played for Sheffield Wednesday and Chelsea for quite a few years, and he was in that barry Romanian team that included Hagi and the likes.

He also scored a winner v England at Euro 2002 I think?

Sunny1875
05-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Not the man for the job in my opinion
obviously feels that club are bigger than country
would be a backwards leap and i would not watch Scotland with this man in charge

Jim44
05-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Smith hasn't actually said he doesn't want the job. He has said things like "It wouldn't feel right" , "I made the conscious decision to leave." and "The matter is now closed." I am cynical enough to believe that he might just be playing hard to get with his 'stop it, I like it stance. One of the damning things which I hope will prevent him getting the job is that he said the job was 'nothing special'. Sorry Walter, the job has to be approached as something special and it will be a national disgrace if your pal Gordon chases you for the job. Still, nothing would surprise me and I can see it now.............the return of the 'unwanted' , Smith, Ferguson and McGregor.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-12-2009, 08:18 AM
This will be the Huns doing. When was last time any incumbent OF manager was touted for the Scotland job ???? At the very least you'd expect the Weegie media to be scoffing at the idea that an OF manager would even entertain leaving one of the OF for Scotland.

Has all the marks of the Huns and their Weegie press bedfellows trying to get themselves out of a rut (team going backwards) and one of their own a new job. Hope Scotland get Levien and tell Watty to get stuffed.

Bostonhibby
05-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Progreesive? forward thinking? be as well going for Walter Scott......

Hibbyradge
05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
It's a stitched up deal between Rangers and their bedfellows in the SFA.

Smith gets the Scotland job, Rangers get their much needed compensation.

Rangers shelled out about half a million in compensation when they took Smith from Scotland. They'll be wanting it back.

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Tsk, youngsters these days!

He is currently in charge of that Romanian team who pumped Rangers.

He also played for Sheffield Wednesday and Chelsea for quite a few years, and he was in that barry Romanian team that included Hagi and the likes.

He also scored a winner v England at Euro 2002 I think?

Pretty sure that was France 98.

MrSmith
05-12-2009, 09:17 AM
:top marks
It's a stitched up deal between Rangers and their bedfellows in the SFA.

Smith gets the Scotland job, Rangers get their much needed compensation.

Rangers shelled out about half a million in compensation when they took Smith from Scotland. They'll be wanting it back.:top marks

Correct! The old boys network strikes again!:grr:

When are we going to wake up? This needs sorted, every team and supporter outside the OF has to stand up an say no! sack the SFA/SPL/SFL! the ****in lot of them!

Jack
05-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Why would there be compensation? History contract with der hun is up in January.
If it did happen I would loose what little respect I have left for the SFA.

erskine-hibby
05-12-2009, 09:39 AM
If WS gets the job I, for one, will not back Scotland in any way, shape or form while he is there.

JE89
05-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Levein is the perfect man for the job. No doubt that if he was the current Huns manager the SFA would be calling him now...

Hibbyradge
05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Why would there be compensation? History contract with der hun is up in January.
If it did happen I would loose what little respect I have left for the SFA.

Jack, Jacko, Jackity, Jackster, John.

When will you ever learn?

Never let inconvenient facts get in the way of a bit of anti-hun scaremongering. :wink:

Hibbyradge
05-12-2009, 09:46 AM
If WS gets the job I, for one, will not back Scotland in any way, shape or form while he is there.

I bet you will if We're close to qualifying for euro 2012. :wink:

I don't want Smith back either, by the way.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Nothing surprises me with this lot, corrupt from top to bottom.

Hainan Hibs
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
What does the SFA do to justify their wages?

Walter Smith walked out on us during a qualification campaign which would've been historic to get through.

And now, the SFA are crawling back to him?

There is absolutely no forward thinking, no ambition, nothing in the SFA apart from the old boys network and bowing down to the Old Firm.

Nevermind a new manager, get Gordon Smith and the rest of the numpties at the SFA tae f....

erskine-hibby
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I bet you will if We're close to qualifying for euro 2012. :wink:

I don't want Smith back either, by the way.

No I won't!!

We will be nowhere near qualification anyhoo:wink:

erskine-hibby
05-12-2009, 09:59 AM
What does the SFA do to justify their wages?

Walter Smith walked out on us during a qualification campaign which would've been historic to get through.

And now, the SFA are crawling back to him?

There is absolutely no forward thinking, no ambition, nothing in the SFA apart from the old boys network and bowing down to the Old Firm.

Nevermind a new manager, get Gordon Smith and the rest of the numpties at the SFA tae f....

Could not agree more.:agree:

mickey 4 eyes
05-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Wouldn't mind Dan Petrescu though.

During his time at Chelsea, lovingly known as 'Rolf.'

Steve-O
05-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Pretty sure that was France 98.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2000

Petrescu never scored, he was in the team though.

Funny that England lost 3-2 twice and were leading in both games. Portugal game was particularly enjoyable that year :faf:

JE89
05-12-2009, 10:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2000

Petrescu never scored, he was in the team though.

Funny that England lost 3-2 twice and were leading in both games. Portugal game was particularly enjoyable that year :faf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup

Scored a 90th minute winner against England. Remember watching that actually - must have been about 9!

Steve-O
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_FIFA_World_Cup

Scored a 90th minute winner against England. Remember watching that actually - must have been about 9!

Strange, I can't really remember that game! :confused:

JE89
05-12-2009, 10:23 AM

Dan (the Man's) Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-mxQAWZKw

H18sry
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Judas Smith should never manage Scotland again, look at the great job he has done with der huns in Europe this season in the easiest Chumpions League group. Not good enough anymore, we need a new coach with fresh ideas, who is able to take us forward.:agree:

Steve-O
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Dan (the Man's) Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh-mxQAWZKw

Hmm, I do recall the goal right enough.

I mustn't have watched that game live for some reason. I remember the Columbia and Argentina games but not the Tunisia or Romania ones...

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Nothing surprises me with this lot, corrupt from top to bottom.

Is this true? :confused:

MrSmith
05-12-2009, 01:07 PM
is this true? :confused:

yes!

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Hmm, I do recall the goal right enough.

I mustn't have watched that game live for some reason. I remember the Columbia and Argentina games but not the Tunisia or Romania ones...

Romania game was a Friday night - I remember being out and it being on in the background of the pub. Beckham scored a free-kick IIRC.

This will be the Huns doing. When was last time any incumbent OF manager was touted for the Scotland job ???? At the very least you'd expect the Weegie media to be scoffing at the idea that an OF manager would even entertain leaving one of the OF for Scotland.

Has all the marks of the Huns and their Weegie press bedfellows trying to get themselves out of a rut (team going backwards) and one of their own a new job. Hope Scotland get Levien and tell Watty to get stuffed.

:hilarious The weegie media strike again! Are you sure they're not trying to unsettle Rangers prior to a big match?

The paranoia gets worse by the week on here.

Hibs On Tour
05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
You lot are missing the point surely. Come January, Rangers will simply BECOME the Scotland team and thereby surpass Celtic by not simply then playing in England but Worldwide. With access to Worldwide TV rights Rangers can become the biggest club in the World! Saves them paying compensation too. :greengrin

Hakim Sar
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I love the national team but if walter smith is reappointed by the begging scraping grasping covetous SFA then I will really have had enough.

The team will always get my support but I will have lost all sympathy and emotion for the sorry state we are in.

No point in moaning though. No point getting angry. I'm just not bothered anymore which is such a shame.

Just Jimmy
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;2264299]Romania game was a Friday night - I remember being out and it being on in the background of the pub. Beckham scored a free-kick IIRC.

Dunno, he scored against Columbia, it was his first England goal I'm pretty sure. Don't know if he scored in that game. I remember the Romanians had all bleached their hair.

jdships
05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Judas Smith should never manage Scotland again, look at the great job he has done with der huns in Europe this season in the easiest Chumpions League group. Not good enough anymore, we need a new coach with fresh ideas, who is able to take us forward.:agree:

Your post says it all !
This guy was "tried and found guilty" years ago.
SFA - please have some ambition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beefster
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Your post says it all !
This guy was "tried and found guilty" years ago.
SFA - please have some ambition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want Smith back either but he rejuvenated the Scotland team first time around, got Rangers to a UEFA Cup final and won the title and cups with them.

I'm not sure the SFA could get anyone with a better record so you could say that they're showing ambition.

Steve-O
06-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Romania game was a Friday night - I remember being out and it being on in the background of the pub. Beckham scored a free-kick IIRC.

:hilarious The weegie media strike again! Are you sure they're not trying to unsettle Rangers prior to a big match?

The paranoia gets worse by the week on here.

Probably steaming in that case :greengrin

crewetollhibee
06-12-2009, 12:09 PM
That was the game where Kevin Keegan said to IIRC Brian Moore, ' there is only 1 team (i.e. England) going to win this game now' ; about 30 seconds before Petrescu scored !! Back to OP, Smith coming back to Scotland job would encapuslate all that's wrong with our game. OF bias in the press, an organising body with it's head up it's own erky, and taking the easy backward step. Uncle Wattie a stick-on I'm afraid.

basehibby
06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Much as I rate WS as a manager, he walked out on Scotland and it is an utter joke that Smith and the SFA are now showing interest in him.

It would be a backward step and send out the wrong message.

The fact Walter Smith is even being quoted raises big questions (again) about the competence of Gordon Smith to do his job.

weecounty hibby
06-12-2009, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=basehibby;2266500]Much as I rate WS as a manager

Sorry to disagree but he is one of the most overrated managers ever. Won trophies with the Hun when they had finances that everyone else including Celtic could only dream about. Look at his record apart from that and it is pretty poor. Everton on the verge of relegation, the Hun just now shaky in SPL, embarrasing in Europe. Overrated and a traitor to boot turned his back when Murray asked him back whats to stop him doing the same thing again, would never accept him back.

Woody1985
06-12-2009, 08:10 PM
**** Walter Smith. He walked out when we had a real chance of qualification. Walter Smith, GTF.

Dashing Bob S
06-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Brilliant. Let's reappoint a treacherous old has-been who never was and who did the dirty on us last time and is unemployable outside of Scotland. If he's appointed I'd be so alienated from the national setup I'd actively support any team Scotland plays against. A total embarrassing joke.

degenerated
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't want Smith back either but he rejuvenated the Scotland team first time around, got Rangers to a UEFA Cup final and won the title and cups with them.

I'm not sure the SFA could get anyone with a better record so you could say that they're showing ambition.

rangers european record this season suggests the SFA should be looking elsewhere

IWasThere2016
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Can't believe I'm reading this. The guy walked out on Scotland and has recently said he doesn't want the job.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8396356.stm

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

That report is nonsense. Utter nonsense. Smith will not be the next Scotland manager.

Minder
07-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Walter will not be Scotland boss again, but Gordon (Smith must score) might be he has such a big ego nothing would surprise me.

Moody Mulder
07-12-2009, 03:43 PM
is this true? :confused:

aye