PDA

View Full Version : Interesting offer from Sky Bet on World Cup

mim
04-12-2009, 11:49 PM
With England now joint second favourites, fear is setting in with every Scotsman. :wink:

Here's a potential way of turning things to our advantage:

"Sky Bet are delighted to announce that if England lift the 2010 World Cup, they will refund all bets placed on any other team to win the competition.

The remarkable offer applies to all single bets placed on the 2010 World Cup outright market between 1900 GMT on Friday December 4 and noon on June 11 2010. Bets will be refunded in the form of a free bet equal to the stake placed on England's rivals in the World Cup outright market.

If you genuinely fancy a team (other than England) to win, it looks like a good idea to bet them with Sky Bet.

In the awful event that England win, you will at least get your stake back to place another bet with Sky Bet.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
05-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Amazes me they are second fav's. They only have two world class players - Rooney and Gerrard. The rest are not good enough at World Final level to go all the way. Skybet know this methinks.

Spudster
05-12-2009, 12:55 AM
I'd say there only 2 world class players are Ashley Cole and John Terry.
Mental bet that

Lucius Apuleius
05-12-2009, 04:06 AM
personally I think it shows what the bookies really believe, engerlund ain't gonna win it.

mim
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
personally I think it shows what the bookies really believe, engerlund ain't gonna win it.

In which case, should they not be trying to attract money on England, rather than on everyone else?

Lucius Apuleius
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
In which case, should they not be trying to attract money on England, rather than on everyone else?

Double edged sword is it not? If engerlund win they will pay out a fortune on them winning and the others not winning. Whereas if they really believed engerlund would win I don't think they would be giving the offer they are. Therfore they want most people to lump on engerlund and the rest will bet unemotionally and back who they think will win, with the added bonus that ..........................what the hell,I dunno.:greengrin