PDA

View Full Version : Magners League

sunshine1875
04-12-2009, 08:51 PM
The positive momentum of Scottish Rugby is gaining.

Although Leinster have a game to go back on top, it is now Glasgow and Edinburgh at the top. Both wining away from home at tough venues.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/tables/4777185.stm

Pete
05-12-2009, 12:16 AM
The positive momentum of Scottish Rugby is gaining.

Although Leinster have a game to go back on top, it is now Glasgow and Edinburgh at the top. Both wining away from home at tough venues.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/tables/4777185.stm

I don't know much about top-flight rugby but when will this dominance equate to European success?

It's worked for Lienster and munster so why do Scottish teams do so badly in the Heineken cup?

Is it simply down to backing from fans on the terraces?

J-C
05-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I don't know much about top-flight rugby but when will this dominance equate to European success?

It's worked for Lienster and munster so why do Scottish teams do so badly in the Heineken cup?

We had a good run a few years ago under Frank Hadden, under Robinson a few players had just left, so he had to rebuild, which is now showing dividends.

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2009, 12:00 PM

Not sure - the Irish and Welsh teams lift their game for the European Cup and treat the Magners as a warm up for those big games. We've been doing well in the Magners because of this - unfortunately when they lift their game in the European Cup we generally get pumped.

I think Edinburgh are the only Scottish side to get out the Group stage and the one time they did they got absolutely thumped in the 2nd round.