PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Betting

stevensons-fan
04-12-2009, 05:40 PM
What does everyone fancy this weekend? Apologies if a thread of this is already up!

hibee92
04-12-2009, 06:45 PM
ASTON VILLA v hull
CARDIFF v preston
NEWCASTLE v watford
CHARLTON v southend
NORIWCH v oldham
CELTIC v aberdeen
DUNDEE UNITED v st mirren

£5 - £106.26

wolves v bolton - draw
wigan v birmingham - draw
st johnstone v kilmarnock - draw

£3 - £106.18

:agree:

Speedy
04-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Spurs to beat Everton @ 6/4

I've not put it on yet though

Mike777
04-12-2009, 08:57 PM
St Johnstone
Hamilton
Man City
Forest
Bristol City
Derby

All Draws
£1 on @ 1210/1

Raith, East Stirling, Leeds, Charlton, Norwich, Newcastle.
All Homes £3 brigs back £43.79

Mike777
04-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Boro
Blackpool
Saints
Bournemouth
Dag & Red

All Away £3 brings back £119.70

Pete
04-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Spurs to beat Everton @ 6/4

I've not put it on yet though

Lump on that and go with the draw to make sure.

There's no way in hell Everton will beat spurs, even on their own ground given their midweek exertions and their injury list.

If it was physically possible to put a mortgage on a bet I would.

nonshinyfinish
04-12-2009, 11:13 PM
A cheeky pound on:

Cologne v Werder Bremen 4/7
Hibernian v Motherwell 10/11
AC Milan v Sampdoria 4/7
Roma v Lazio 10/11
D Coruna v Barcelona 8/13
Borussia Dortmund v Nurnberg 3/4

equals £24.44 of pure profit. :agree:

Ally
05-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Villa Ht/Ft
Blackpool
Dag and Red

£2 patent returns £52.13

gilliecabbage
05-12-2009, 07:34 AM
bet is on

leeds
united
pool
newcastle
charlton

£10 = £112:thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Portsmouth v Burnley
Blackpool v Barnsley
Man City v Chelsea

£10 on £137.45 back

£1 First Goalscorers: S. Fletcher (13/2), B. McCarthy (9/1), D.Berbatov (9/2) , F.Lampard (15/2) and S.Arfield (20/1)

MacBean
05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Ive picked my teams to win, but im not putting them all in an accumulator obviously! probably split them into 3/4 different ones and then one 50p bet on them all :faf:

Aston Villa
Arsenal
Swansea
Bristol City
Norwich
Rochdale
Rotherham
Dag & Red
Oxford Utd
Berwick
Livingston

Ally
05-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Also had Boyd first scorer. Pretty much covered the cost of my main bet.

Killiehibbie
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Hull 7/1
Blackpool evs
Aldershot 7/5
Millwall 8/5

Mike777
05-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Southampton
Hibs
Dunfermline
Liviingston
£5 brings back £50.38

Blackpool
Newcastle
Boro
Charlton
£5 brings back £60.90

and a Biggie

Birmingham
WBA
brentford
Saints
Notts county
Killie Draw
£1 brings back £287.28 :wink:

skyehibee
05-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Rochdale
Bury
Dundee
Cardiff
£1 on £12.63 back. Win.

Arsenal
Livingston
Oxford
Newcastle
Aston Villa
Charlton
£5 on.. £34.56 back. Win.

Good day :greengrin

Johnny_Leith
05-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Arsenal, Man U, Celtic, Norwich and Newcastle £3 = £16 paid for a pizza hut! :greengrin

For the morn I have Fulham, Spurs, Scunthorpe and Genoa £2 for £40 back.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-12-2009, 07:28 PM
5 X 10ew 1st scorers - Heskey, Gerrard, Bothroyd, Nasri & Cox - £26.67. Not a good day, but, if Spurs win 2morro I'll be a wee bit in front - £20 Treble - Huns, AV & Spurs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-12-2009, 08:34 PM
£10ew Messi - £73.33, a bit of damage repaired!

Calvin
06-12-2009, 09:21 AM
First decent win of the season yesterday.

HIBS v Motherwell
DUFC v St Mirren
CELTIC v Aberdeen
Falkirk v RANGERS
ARSENAL v Stoke
ASTON VILLA v Hull
West Ham v MAN UTD
CHARLTON v Southend
LIVINGSTON v Whoever

£7 paid £224

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2009, 01:51 PM
£10ew Bent 1st scorer

sammy7
06-12-2009, 02:55 PM
£10ew Bent 1st scorer

Bent isnt starting

Speedy
06-12-2009, 05:22 PM
F'in useless $%*& :grr::fuming::brickwall:furious:

Why didn't they bring Keane on? :grr:

YehButNoBut
06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Burton equalising against Rotherham late on cost me £263 for a £30 bet, but had a £20 saver on Arsenal, Villa, Rochdale & Livvie and got £71 back so £21 ahead. First football win this season.

I feel bad about this now but placed £30 today at Ladbrokes on Berwick Law in the 3:20 at Kelso and took a price of 2/1. The horse won and when I went to collect my £90 the guy gave me £240 (they must have thought the 2/1 was a 7/1). :thumbsup:

I thought hey ho took the cash and left, did I do the right thing or should I have owned up??

vein
06-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Burton equalising against Rotherham late on cost me £263 for a £30 bet, but had a £20 saver on Arsenal, Villa, Rochdale & Livvie and got £71 back so £21 ahead. First football win this season.

I feel bad about this now but placed £30 today at Ladbrokes on Berwick Law in the 3:20 at Kelso and took a price of 2/1. The horse won and when I went to collect my £90 the guy gave me £240 (they must have thought the 2/1 was a 7/1). :thumbsup:

I thought hey ho took the cash and left, did I do the right thing or should I have owned up??

Must have went through their system as a 7/1 shot when you placed it. The person taking the bet should really have verified it at the time you placed it. I wouldnt worry about it, maybe just dont go back to that bookie for a wee while in case :wink:

I'll need to mind and start making my 2's look like 7's next time I'm in the bookie too!! :thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
06-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Must have went through their system as a 7/1 shot when you placed it. The person taking the bet should really have verified it at the time you placed it. I wouldnt worry about it, maybe just dont go back to that bookie for a wee while in case :wink:

I'll need to mind and start making my 2's look like 7's next time I'm in the bookie too!! :thumbsup:
The cashier could get sacked. I got £240 too much a few weeks ago and the wee guy came running up the road after me just about in tears. I wound him up for a minute then gave him it back as I felt sorry for him.

vein
06-12-2009, 06:20 PM
The cashier could get sacked. I got £240 too much a few weeks ago and the wee guy came running up the road after me just about in tears. I wound him up for a minute then gave him it back as I felt sorry for him.

I've got a consience (sp) so on hearing that I would probably be honest and tell the cashier.

I must admit though I can remember a roll up of 8 teams came up for me years back. I had no idea how to calculate the win and expected around £20 for my £1 going on the 17/1 miniumum and my dodgy calculation. When the boy handed me near to £100 I was out the door like a shot vowing never to go back to that bookie again. When I finally realised how you work out an acca I must have had a few even money and 6/4 teams meaning the money they gave me was quite right. Meant I could go back to that bookie and re-invest my winnings :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2009, 06:22 PM
not a good day, but, if spurs win 2morro i'll be a wee bit in front - £20 treble - huns, av & spurs.ffs!! :grr:

Killiehibbie
06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
I've got a consience (sp) so on hearing that I would probably be honest and tell the cashier.

I must admit though I can remember a roll up of 8 teams came up for me years back. I had no idea how to calculate the win and expected around £20 for my £1 going on the 17/1 miniumum and my dodgy calculation. When the boy handed me near to £100 I was out the door like a shot vowing never to go back to that bookie again. When I finally realised how you work out an acca I must have had a few even money and 6/4 teams meaning the money they gave me was quite right. Meant I could go back to that bookie and re-invest my winnings :greengrin

Saying that if i'd been in the car and away, I doubt I would've worried too much as i'm just not that good at counting:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Bent isnt starting Unfortunately he did!

hibsboy90
06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Had £3 on Livingston, Villa, Celtic, Rangers, Barcelona, Real Madrid and SPURS.

Would have got about £60 quid back.

Overjoyed when that penalty was given, and gutted when it was missed :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Tottenham ****ing hotspur :bitchy::bitchy:

Coco Bryce
06-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Had £3 on Livingston, Villa, Celtic, Rangers, Barcelona, Real Madrid and SPURS.

Would have got about £60 quid back.

Overjoyed when that penalty was given, and gutted when it was missed :boo hoo:

Blackpool winning 1-0 with 5 mins to go....THEN LOST A GOAL!! beat me for £70 :grr:

vein
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Not a good weekend for most on here on the betting front!

My last throw for the weekend was a treble, Roma (won), Valencia (won) and freakin Lyon who were 3-1 up at half time go and lose 4-3!!

:grr:

Saorsa
06-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Tottenham ****ing hotspur :bitchy::bitchy::grr::grr::grr:

Speedy
06-12-2009, 09:21 PM

I doubt that would be a sackable offence.

Personally, I'd keep it.

Steve-O
07-12-2009, 08:19 AM
The system of HalifaxJohn worked this week.

20 quid double on Arsenal / Fiorentina, 38 quid back.

hibee92
07-12-2009, 11:29 AM
ASTON VILLA v hull
CARDIFF v preston
NEWCASTLE v watford
CHARLTON v southend
NORIWCH v oldham
CELTIC v aberdeen
DUNDEE UNITED v st mirren

£5 - £106.26

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wink:

Killiehibbie
07-12-2009, 11:32 AM

You could've had £40.38 back, not much but every few % adds up.

Killiehibbie
07-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I doubt that would be a sackable offence.

Personally, I'd keep it.

I didn't think so either but spoke to a manager in another shop and she told me it is.

Wembley67
07-12-2009, 11:36 AM

I take it this system is bet a decent whack on single/double (certs)? then build from there?

If so it's not much of a system :greengrin

PiemanP
07-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I take it this system is bet a decent whack on single/double (certs)? then build from there?

a couple of losses can wipe you out quickly that way!
Generally though its a much better way of betting than losing £5/10 every weekend on 6/7 team roll ups that never come in...

vein
07-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Generally though its a much better way of betting than losing £5/10 every weekend on 6/7 team roll ups that never come in...

Thats why its a better idea to stick with doubles, trebles and 4 team accas at most :agree:

Recently I've been on the lookout for overpriced away teams on Betfair. I was close with no cigar at the weekend but I have had a 60/1 treble out of this a month ago and a few other smaller wins.

Wembley67
07-12-2009, 11:56 AM

Could be one of the most obvious comments ever made :greengrin

Anyone that is going to make a whack out of football betting knows that putting large bets on singles is the way to go but it depends if you have the balls to stick on £1000 to win £100....I dont hence the wee £20 bets here and there :cool2:

Killiehibbie
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Could be one of the most obvious comments ever made :greengrin

Anyone that is going to make a whack out of football betting knows that putting large bets on singles is the way to go but it depends if you have the balls to stick on £1000 to win £100....I dont hence the wee £20 bets here and there :cool2:

Very difficult to make a profit backing the odds on shots. Only takes one loser to set you back weeks.

mim
07-12-2009, 12:18 PM
There are only 2 things to consider when betting:

1. do you know what you're talking about?
2. are the odds on offer better than they should be, according to your own judgment of the odds?

If you don't know enough about the form, probabilities etc. don't bet.
If you do know your stuff, then backing overpriced selections is the way to go.

If you know what you're talking about and the odds are in your favour, you will win in the long term.

Just to explain what I mean:

I fancy Hibs to beat Motherwell, but the odds are about right @4/5, so no bet on Hibs. The bookies make Motherwell 6/1 to win. I think they should be 4/1. I still fancy Hibs, but bet Motherwell, because they are overpriced. These bets won't all win, but you will win in the long run, because, assuming you are a good judge of form and probability, some will win and your bets are all placed at too big a price. You will need fewer correct selections to show a profit than you would by backing correctly priced odds-on shots.

At the end of the day, it's all about 'value'. :agree:

Dr_Regal
07-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Had a mixed weekend, got my money back and made a fiver. Like others had spurs to win and totally gutted watching defoe miss. Had 4/1 on fulham and spurs.

I put £30 a week on usually a ten spot on 4 guarentees to cover my bets then have a flutter on a few different things. doing well this season.

Does anyone play goals galore and had any success?, I keep coming within 2 teams of some serious cash.

The NBA handicap is very generous as well...

HibbyAndy
07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
There are only 2 things to consider when betting:

1. do you know what you're talking about?
2. are the odds on offer better than they should be, according to your own judgment of the odds?

If you don't know enough about the form, probabilities etc. don't bet.
If you do know your stuff, then backing overpriced selections is the way to go.

If you know what you're talking about and the odds are in your favour, you will win in the long term.

Just to explain what I mean:

I fancy Hibs to beat Motherwell, but the odds are about right @4/5, so no bet on Hibs. The bookies make Motherwell 6/1 to win. I think they should be 4/1. I still fancy Hibs, but bet Motherwell, because they are overpriced. These bets won't all win, but you will win in the long run, because, assuming you are a good judge of form and probability, some will win and your bets are all placed at too big a price. You will need fewer correct selections to show a profit than you would by backing correctly priced odds-on shots.

At the end of the day, it's all about 'value'. :agree:

I took hibs at 10/11 and i thought that was great value and i was proved correct.

If you dont fancy it dont bet- simple.

vein
07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I took hibs at 10/11 and i thought that was great value and i was proved correct.

What Mike is talking about though is overpriced teams.

The other week there for example River Plate were playing some team I had never heard of in my puff. River Plate were 1/2 while the other team were 4/1. I checked online where I can see the last 8 results, River Plate had lost 8 on the trot and were sitting about bottom while 4/1 team had won 6 and drawn 2 and were up at the right end of the table. I backed the other team in a treble and sure enough they won 1-0. It wont always work but its worth doing some homework.

This site, http://www.goalslive.com/en/ is excellent for looking at the form. Its far too slow for goal updates though!

Edit: Forgot to say if your using Betfair and can get a live bet then you can easily cover your stake or more by laying the big priced team if they are winning. The odds are sure to have dropped significantly from when you have placed the bet.

Killiehibbie
07-12-2009, 06:22 PM

I wouldn't have backed us odds on. The thing is any individual bet can win the secret is to do it often enough over the season to come out in front, that's where most people fail.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2009, 06:32 PM
What Mike is talking about though is overpriced teams.

The other week there for example River Plate were playing some team I had never heard of in my puff. River Plate were 1/2 while the other team were 4/1. I checked online where I can see the last 8 results, River Plate had lost 8 on the trot and were sitting about bottom while 4/1 team had won 6 and drawn 2 and were up at the right end of the table. I backed the other team in a treble and sure enough they won 1-0. It wont always work but its worth doing some homework.

This site, http://www.goalslive.com/en/ is excellent for looking at the form. Its far too slow for goal updates though!

Edit: Forgot to say if your using Betfair and can get a live bet then you can easily cover your stake or more by laying the big priced team if they are winning. The odds are sure to have dropped significantly from when you have placed the bet.

:aok:

Fair enough mate, i take that on board.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2009, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't have backed us odds on. The thing is any individual bet can win the secret is to do it often enough over the season to come out in front, that's where most people fail.

Like i say, i did and i won.

DirtyDeeds
07-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Blackpool and West Brom each decided to burst me on two different acca's, £94 and £78 repectively. WBA was especially sore given the nature of the late late LATE goals there! :boo hoo: However, smiles swere back yesterday when my each-way first goalscorer treble came in :thumbsup: McDonald for Celtic, Holt for Norwich then having to wait til yesterday for wee Jermaine to score for Spurs!!! Odds were 116/1, however I only did a £1 e/w instead of my normal £2.50, balls!!!! Still, have found this bet to be really successful for me this season, was my second win with all 3 getting first scorer, and another 3 or 4 on the each way terms (1/3 odds for scoring any of the first 5 goals of the game). Bent, Adebayor, Rooney, Beckford, Chopra are usually good ones to include, tend to be consistent scorers as opposed to blowing hot and cold. Well worth a wee couple of quid per week, gives you something else to keep your eye on even if you've got a couple teams losing early doors.

Killiehibbie
07-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Like i say, i did and i won.

Very good, as I said any individual bet can win. Take 10/11 the toss of a coin 500 times, come back and tell me you're winning.

PiemanP
07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Did anyone have a bet on the Livingston game tonight??

The first game was abandoned with them winning 1-0, and again tonight the game was abandoned with Livi winning :grr: I've had £50 on both times!

gaurenteed when i put my £50 single back on the 3rd game clyde will win :greengrin

Mike777
07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Blackpool and West Brom each decided to burst me on two different acca's, £94 and £78 repectively. WBA was especially sore given the nature of the late late LATE goals there! :boo hoo: However, smiles swere back yesterday when my each-way first goalscorer treble came in :thumbsup: McDonald for Celtic, Holt for Norwich then having to wait til yesterday for wee Jermaine to score for Spurs!!! Odds were 116/1, however I only did a £1 e/w instead of my normal £2.50, balls!!!! Still, have found this bet to be really successful for me this season, was my second win with all 3 getting first scorer, and another 3 or 4 on the each way terms (1/3 odds for scoring any of the first 5 goals of the game). Bent, Adebayor, Rooney, Beckford, Chopra are usually good ones to include, tend to be consistent scorers as opposed to blowing hot and cold. Well worth a wee couple of quid per week, gives you something else to keep your eye on even if you've got a couple teams losing early doors.

I have been doing similar bets myself, It is a very easy market as you just said 116/1 for a treble, and if you can get a decent look at the teams before hand all the better, even in the run up to games i find it easier to pick a player to score, Holt for Norwich has been fairly decent, Bullard was 16/1 the other week.

i like to follow hutchyhibby on certain players.

Steve-O
08-12-2009, 08:39 AM

Aye there's not much that's too systematic about it really :greengrin

Just get the lowest price EPL and lowest price Seria A. Bet 25% of your bank (you can choose) on the double and voila, more often than not you'll nearly double your money.

Of course, as others have said, a loss is a setback and if it's 2 or 3 on the trot, you are struggling.

The hard part is sticking to it.

So far I have stuck 2 bets on, won one, lost one, so I am currently 2 quid down or something.

Chelsea / Leeds double tonight for me.

Hibs90
08-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Chelsea
Brechin
Millwall
West Brom
Sevilla

£10 pays roughly £40

Steve-O
09-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Aye there's not much that's too systematic about it really :greengrin

Just get the lowest price EPL and lowest price Seria A. Bet 25% of your bank (you can choose) on the double and voila, more often than not you'll nearly double your money.

Of course, as others have said, a loss is a setback and if it's 2 or 3 on the trot, you are struggling.

The hard part is sticking to it.

So far I have stuck 2 bets on, won one, lost one, so I am currently 2 quid down or something.

Chelsea / Leeds double tonight for me.

:grr::grr:

Calvin
09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Tonight

1 Olympiakos @ 19/20
2 Standard Liege @ 1/1
3 Lyon @ 1/5
4 Inter Milan @ 1/2
5 VfB Stuttgart @ 8/13
6 Barcelona @ 8/13
7 Sevilla @ 4/11
8 Millwall @ 1/4
9 Dinamo Zagreb @ 1/7

Calvin
09-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Olympaikos may be the only dodgy one there but I'm sure we can beat Arsenal U-19s.

HibbyAndy
09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Olympaikos may be the only dodgy one there but I'm sure we can beat Arsenal U-19s.

Dunno like, Arsenal a tempting 16/5, gotta be worth a few quid, even if it is the bairns playing.