PDA

View Full Version : anyone sit in ff lower?

ian cruise
03-12-2009, 09:04 PM
following on from discussion on the other thread about half season tickets, does anyone sit in the ff lower? im considering getting a half season ticket bit ive not sat there before.

whats the atmosphere and more importantly view like?

bigstu
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
view is good, its also good being close to the pitch as you feel part of the action. Atmos is same as most other parts of the ground, fairly quiet until the big teams come along then its much better

California-Hibs
03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm just about half way up in the FF lower, smack bang in the middle (row K) almost in line with the bar, and let me tell you its a cracking view! As the previous poster said, you feel part of the action because your close to the pitch, its especially good in the 2nd half of games when Hibs are shooting towards the FF.

As for the atmospher, meh, not too bad. The big games are good and a few songs then usually get started/joined in with. The other games can be ok too with the West usually starting a ''Hibees (clap clap clap) Hibees'' and that then transpiring over to our stand and then the East.

All in all the Famous Five Lower is THEE place to be folks :greengrin

sadtom
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I moved there this season (used to be west lower) when i got my lads their 1st tickets.
View is ok, wouldn't want to be too near the front. Its fine when the action is down that end though the perspective up the other end can be difficult.
Must admit i prefer to be along the side of the pitch myself.
Barely no atmosphere, but hey ho it is the family section. Seen a few folk being asked to keep the language down (fair enough i suppose), though there are alway a few diddies who like the sound of their own voice (1 in particular) and feel the need to comment on everything and anything. As if we are greatfull for their insight, knowledge and wit.
Yep thats right he's dull and knows **** all. Doesn't stop his running commentary though.
If i wasn't with my laddies he would have been told to shut his boring yap weeks ago.

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Good view and not a bad atmosphere during big matches. If you havn't sat in the FF before you will be surprised at how loud the away end can be compared to the East when there is a half decent away support.

:duck:

Riordans Boots
03-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm just about half way up in the FF lower, smack bang in the middle (row K) almost in line with the bar, and let me tell you its a cracking view! As the previous poster said, you feel part of the action because your close to the pitch, its especially good in the 2nd half of games when Hibs are shooting towards the FF.

As for the atmospher, meh, not too bad. The big games are good and a few songs then usually get started/joined in with. The other games can be ok too with the West usually starting a ''Hibees (clap clap clap) Hibees'' and that then transpiring over to our stand and then the East.

All in all the Famous Five Lower is THEE place to be folks :greengrin

My son and his 2 pals have moved to the FF lower this season and they love it. Personally though, I prefer the West lower in the section beside the home dugout listening to Yogi roaring :agree: ... and I like being a 'Happy Clapper' as well :thumbsup:

Frogga
04-12-2009, 01:22 AM
I've sat in the FF lower for 8 years now and don't see any reason to change. I sit in row Q, the views good (obviously best when Hibs are shooting into that end in the 2nd half) and I love it:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
04-12-2009, 08:40 AM
I've sat in the FF lower for 8 years now and don't see any reason to change. I sit in row Q, the views good (obviously best when Hibs are shooting into that end in the 2nd half) and I love it:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Agree

View from behind he goals on the link. Click on the block.
http://www.easterroad.com/viewplan.php

Delboy4
04-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I used to sit in FF upper but felt that we were too far away from the pitch so me and my son moved two seasons ago to the FF lower (2nd last row from back) just right of the goals which is a great view.

If you're going to buy season tickets make sure you dont get seats away to the side and down too low as I don't think the view would be that great...

Darth Hibbie
04-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I am in the FF upper. Tried to get my ticket for the FF lower but you need to have a kids ticket also so they would not let me. The view from the FF in general is fantastic. I will probably get the wee one a ST next year and move to the lower. :thumbsup:

PatHead
04-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Got my 2 sons and daughter tickets for Row S at the West stand side. View is fine. Bought my own half season for Row R seat 6 (right in front of them) today so suppose that is best recommendation I can make. By the way does anyone know how well the half seasons are going?

Scouse Hibee
04-12-2009, 12:11 PM
It's a funny thing but after spending about ten seasons watching football from behind the goals I moved to the side and vowed never to go back behind the goals unless I'm forced at away games etc. The view and different perspective to me is like night and day, I'm now in the West Upper and won't ever move. I might add that the ten seasons behind the goals were at Anfield in the glory days of the standing Kop.