PDA

View Full Version : Question Team For Saturday? Any Injury Updates?

Judas Iscariot
03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
As the title says.. :agree:

Any news on McBride, Murray and Stack?

What team would you like to see face Motherwell and what team do you think Yogi will play against them..

I think it will be a good open game, with chances a plenty :greengrin

It's vital for us that Zouma is on form and McBride, Murray and Stack are fit.. :pray:

If all are fit i'd like to see..

Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

McBride Miller Cregg

Zemamma Nish Riordan

SUBS

Maka
McCormack
Stevenson
Rankin
Galbraith
Stokes
Benji

Hopefully another decent crowd at ER to get right behind the boys as this is a MASSIVE game for us..

:notworthy:

Wotherspiniesta
03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
For me:

........................Stack..................
Spoony.........Hogg...Bamba....Murray
..................McBride..Miller............
..Byrne...............................Riordan
......................Zemamma..............
.........................Benji..................

danhibees1875
03-12-2009, 06:29 PM
For me:

Spoony.........Hogg...Bamba....Murray
..................McBride..Miller............
..Byrne...............................Riordan
......................Zemamma..............
.........................Benji..................

Galbraith and Stokes for Byrne and Benji :agree:

Westie1875
03-12-2009, 06:31 PM
----------------------Stack------------------

Wotherspoon ----Hogg------Bamba-------Murray

Zemmama-------McBride-----Miller-----Galbraith

------------------Nish--------Deek------------

hfc rd
03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
----------------------Stack------------------

Wotherspoon ----Hogg------Bamba-------Murray

Zemmama-------McBride-----Miller-----Galbraith

------------------Nish--------Deek------------

Same as me. But if McBride is still unfit then I would have Patrick Cregg partnering Liam Miller or even Zouma partnering Miller with Spoony right midfield and McCormack right back

Comiston Hibee
03-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Stack
Spoony Bamba Hogg Murray
Zouma McBride Miller Galbraith
Riordan Benji

500miles
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
......................Stack
...McCormack.Hogg.Bamba.Murray
...............McBride..Miller
.Wotherspoon.Zemmama.Riordan
......................Nish

I have to say I was pleased with McCormack when he came on. His lack of passing, and poor delivery has made me doubt him in the past as a fullback, and he doesn't seem to have the stregnth at CH. However, he got forwards, showed some slick short passes, and got some good balls into the box. We've got to give him another chance, for his own sake, and to get Wotherspoon forward. I really hope he pushes on - he certainly seemed to be a huge prospect at youth level.

I'd like to see Nish sitting quite deep for a lone forward, with Wotherspoon and Riordan sitting almost level with him. If the big man can win the knock downs and force loose balls in areas where the talents of D, Zouma and Deek are prowling, we can't be anything but on to a winner.

Baw187
03-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Stack
Hogg
Bamba
Wotherspoon
Murray
Mcbride
Miller
Riordan
Nish
Stokes
Zouma

Same as at Fir Park and a performance to match.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss this game... stupid Yam, rugger playing bam of a mate is getting married.:grr:

silverhibee
03-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Atleast six first team players struggling with injury and are a major doubt for the game on Saturday. Not good news at all.

Toaods
04-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Atleast six first team players struggling with injury and are a major doubt for the game on Saturday. Not good news at all.

has to be:

Stack - back

Mcbride - ongoing

Murray - shoulder

Liam Miller - ongoing strain

Bamba - swolln knee?

Zemmama? didn't look ready foir a comeback last week IMHO.

holyrood hibbie
04-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Well I dont think Maka will be in team, did anyone notice him a Hughes last week arguing? I also think Galbraith should start in place of Zemmama and Bryne should get a start.

MyJo
04-12-2009, 08:59 AM
......................Stack
...McCormack.Hogg.Bamba.Murray
...............McBride..Miller
.Wotherspoon.Zemmama.Riordan
......................Nish

I have to say I was pleased with McCormack when he came on. His lack of passing, and poor delivery has made me doubt him in the past as a fullback, and he doesn't seem to have the stregnth at CH. However, he got forwards, showed some slick short passes, and got some good balls into the box. We've got to give him another chance, for his own sake, and to get Wotherspoon forward. I really hope he pushes on - he certainly seemed to be a huge prospect at youth level.

I'd like to see Nish sitting quite deep for a lone forward, with Wotherspoon and Riordan sitting almost level with him. If the big man can win the knock downs and force loose balls in areas are the talents of D, Zouma and Deek are prowling, we can't be anything but on to a winner.

only thing i would change about that formation is putting Stokes in for Nish, Nish as a lone striker is counter-productive IMO. The number of times he would get caught offside and the amount of time he would spend on his arse wouldn't help us at all. I think Stokes needs the ball to be played in front of him for a change rather than trying to pick up the ball with his back to goal and with Spoony, Zouma and Deeks to play the passes i think we would get more than a few goals out of him in that formation.

Baw187
04-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Well I dont think Maka will be in team, did anyone notice him a Hughes last week arguing? I also think Galbraith should start in place of Zemmama and Bryne should get a start.

If Stack's not fit, Maka will play. That spat with Yogi was nothing really and it seemed to be laughed off after the match. Just don't think Yogi appreciated Maka playing about in the 6 yard box !

MyJo
04-12-2009, 09:02 AM

If arguing with Yogi resulted in a player being dropped McBride would probably have had his contract ripped up by now :greengrin

I dont think the gaffer is that petty to be honest

andrew70
04-12-2009, 09:07 AM

I have to say I'd be tempted not to risk anyone this week particularly if, as mentioned in later posts, that its players like Miller and McBride we have a few massive games coming up over the festive period and its imperative we have the strongest team out. I believe we could make three or four changes and still have enough to defeat Motherwell at home.

I'd go with depending on fitness/injuries

Stack/Maka
McCormack Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Wotherspoon Rankin Stevenson Galbraith
Nish Riordan

Subs
Maka/Stack
Murray
Welsh
Stokes
Byrne
Benji
Zemamma

Baw187
04-12-2009, 09:09 AM

This doesn't bode well for a congested festive fixture list ! All these niggling injuries are going to take their toll and we need to be looking to bleed some fringe guys in to see us through. Pity our fringe guys that look like they could do a job such as Galbraith and Byrne, aren't in positions where we're struggling. If Mcbride and Miller are out, I'm not sure Thicot and Rankin will do the job.

Steve20
04-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I have to say I'd be tempted not to risk anyone this week particularly if, as mentioned in later posts, that its players like Miller and McBride we have a few massive games coming up over the festive period and its imperative we have the strongest team out. I believe we could make three or four changes and still have enough to defeat Motherwell at home.

Stack/Maka
Nish Riordan

Subs
Maka/Stack
Murray
Welsh
Stokes
Byrne
Benji
Zemamma

Motherwell have not lost away all season. I honestly can't see that team above beating Motherwell.

Any idea who these six are? I wouldn't imagine many changes from the team that went out last week, unless he is finally going to drop Stokes to the bench.

Craig_in_Prague
04-12-2009, 09:21 AM

Stack/Maka
Nish Riordan

Subs
Maka/Stack
Murray
Welsh
Stokes
Byrne
Benji
Zemamma

I'm afraid that team would get stuffed.

Zouma, Stokes and Murray will all play IMO.

I'd go with:

......................Stack.......................

DM..........Hogg...........Bamba........IM..

DW.........Mcbride..........Miller.......Deek

...................Zouma.......................... .
...................Benji.......................... ....

though I am sure yogi plays Stokes, and maybe Nish too.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2009, 09:26 AM

Stack/Maka
Nish Riordan

Subs
Maka/Stack
Murray
Welsh
Stokes
Byrne
Benji
Zemamma

A midfield of wotherspoon rankin stevenson and galbraith would not do my ticker any good.

andrew70
04-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Motherwell have not lost away all season. I honestly can't see that team above beating Motherwell.

Any idea who these six are? I wouldn't imagine many changes from the team that went out last week, unless he is finally going to drop Stokes to the bench.

IMO I think it would be enough to beat Motherwell and also to rest valuable players for two vital away games and the upcoming xmas period.

With regards to the six players I don't know for definite but I believe they include Miller, McBride, Murray, Stack, Bamba for the reason stated above in an earlier post. There's been a lot of players turning out every week wth minor niggles and it's maybe a case that they have mounted up and led to the players included needing a week off

Steve20
04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
IMO I think it would be enough to beat Motherwell and also to rest valuable players for two vital away games and the upcoming xmas period.

IMO Mothwerwell would win the game easily with that team. A central midfield of Rankin and Stevenson makes me want to cry.

Teo10
04-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Stack
Hogg
Bamba
Wotherspoon
Murray
Mcbride
Miller
Riordan
Nish
Stokes
Zouma

Unfortunately I'm going to miss this game... stupid Yam, rugger playing bam of a mate is getting married.:grr:

Gutted for you! Renato told me last night your all missing the game..who chooses a Saturday eh:wink:

nickwhibs
04-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Stack
Spoony Bamba Hogg Murray
Zouma McBride Miller Galbraith
Riordan Benji

:top marks

Broken Gnome
04-12-2009, 10:13 AM
If McBride and Miller are out, Cregg/Thicot would seem to be the most solid partnership. A Hibs side short on it's better players needs to continue the 'hard to beat' mantra first and foremost.

Stack/Maka

McCormack
Hogg
Bamba (Murray if Bamba's unfit)
Murray (Hanlon if Bamba's unfit)

Wotherspoon
Cregg
Thicot
Riordan

Zemmama (Nish if unfit)

Stokes

Leaves Benji, Byrne, Galbraith, Stevenson, Rankin.... we do look a bit short on quality without certain players, but we will always be able to put out what is a strong looking bench for an SPL team.

GreenCastle
04-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I know he's not everyones favourite on here but thought Rankin did pretty well last week - I would assume he will keep his place.

Murray I think may miss the game as he was struggling last week with that dirty kick on him -Hanlon left back ?

Stokes - was poor last week - though is still a dnagerous player to have on the field and is due goal.

Zooma - was below his best last week - not match fit - but hopefully he's trained this week and will be better. He tore Motherwell apart last time nearly on his own!

Benji, Byrne, Galbraith, Stevenson, - All due a start and would hopefully be up for the challenge to prove they should be in the team.

Nish I would leave as he had a much better 2nd half.

Maka will be goalie I think also :agree:

andrew70
04-12-2009, 10:26 AM
IMO Mothwerwell would win the game easily with that team. A central midfield of Rankin and Stevenson makes me want to cry.

Fair enough but I was impressed with Rankin last week - he broke up attacks and moved the ball forward at ease - I suppose it helped him to have the quality of Liam Miller alongside him though, but Stevenson is a battler and certainly a better midfielder than left back.

sparkiehibs
04-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Stack
Wotherspoon --- Hogg --- Bamba --- Murray
Zemmama --- McBride --- Miller --- Galbraith
Benji --- Riordan

Andy74
04-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Stack
Hogg
Bamba
Wotherspoon
Murray
Mcbride
Miller
Riordan
Nish
Stokes
Zouma

That's a shame. :greengrin

Baw187
04-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Fair enough but I was impressed with Rankin last week - he broke up attacks and moved the ball forward at ease - I suppose it helped him to have the quality of Liam Miller alongside him though, but Stevenson is a battler and certainly a better midfielder than left back.

Oh hell no. Far too lightweight, not composed on the ball, and cannae pass.

Harsh? I don't think so, especially when you compare hiim to McBride and Miller. Not in their league and they've set the standard now.

Baw187
04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
That's a shame. :greengrin

You owe me 2 double Jack and Cokes for that ! :greengrin

Baw187
04-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Gutted for you! Renato told me last night your all missing the game..who chooses a Saturday eh:wink:

Indeed ! What a plum.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Midfield will be key. Don't understand why McBride was not replaced by Cregg as a like for like swap. TBH Falkirk could still be playing from last week and not scored yet, even into an empty goal-net. We won't get away with that against Motherwell. I complained when MP gave JJ first team games to get his fitness up, so the same criticism needs levelled at Hughes for doing the same last week with Zemamma.

CorrieHibs
04-12-2009, 11:57 AM
McCormack.........Hogg...Bamba....Murray

Spoony...........McBride..Miller.....Zemamma

........................Nish Deek...................

Was impressed with McCormack on Sat. Stokes is a lazy ****** and should be dropped. Think Wotherspoon looked more comfortable in RM and the pass for Deek was world class. Any of the old firms players done that they would be talking about it for a month in the papers. Hopefully McBride is fit even though i thought Rankin done a decent job. C'mon the Hibees.

Jaz
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
I asked McBride at the calendar signing on Tuesday about his injury and he said he'd be out for a couple more weeks.

GreenCastle
04-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Was Ian Murrays injury last week his leg or shoulder when he landed ?

flash
04-12-2009, 12:38 PM
McCormack.........Hogg...Bamba....Murray

Spoony...........McBride..Miller.....Zemamma

........................Nish Deek...................

Was impressed with McCormack on Sat. Stokes is a lazy ****** and should be dropped. Think Wotherspoon looked more comfortable in RM and the pass for Deek was world class. Any of the old firms players done that they would be talking about it for a month in the papers. Hopefully McBride is fit even though i thought Rankin done a decent job. C'mon the Hibees.

Why would anyone call one of their own players what you called Stokes?

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Do you think that clot is a bit extreme?

Baw187
04-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Was Ian Murrays injury last week his leg or shoulder when he landed ?

Looked like shoulder, but couldn't say for sure.

If he was hitting balls with Andy Murray yesterday as AM's twitter suggested, then he must be ok !

Andy74
04-12-2009, 01:22 PM

Quite aside from the word used this lazy thing gets my goat. Every time a player is off form for whatever reason this old one gets pulled out.

He's lazy or has no heart. Do me a favour...

500miles
04-12-2009, 01:57 PM
only thing i would change about that formation is putting Stokes in for Nish, Nish as a lone striker is counter-productive IMO. The number of times he would get caught offside and the amount of time he would spend on his arse wouldn't help us at all. I think Stokes needs the ball to be played in front of him for a change rather than trying to pick up the ball with his back to goal and with Spoony, Zouma and Deeks to play the passes i think we would get more than a few goals out of him in that formation.

Ideally, Nish would sit quite deep. Wotherspoon, Riordan and Zemmama can all break forward quickly, while maintaining a high line. When on the counter attack, Yogi would be looking for at least one of the three attacking midfielders hovering around Nish.

Cocaine&Caviar
04-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Maybe not for tomorrow, but id like to see us go 3/5 at the back at some point this season:

__________Stack

______Hogg___Bamba___Murray
Wotherspoon______________Galbraith
_____________McBride
_______Zemmama___Miller

________Riordan______Stokes

Gives us decent pace and with down the wings, a good reliable foundation of Hogg, Bamba, Murray and McBride, and also Stokes and Riordan getting the ball to feet from our quality players in Zemmama and Miller.

silverhibee
04-12-2009, 10:25 PM

McBride is out for the game, but good news is that the five players all trained today and are in contention for tomorrow which is good news, dont know if they will all start the game as Yogi may not risk a couple of them and put them on the bench, but if they are all passed fit for tomorrow then i can see Yogi starting with the same team as last week, the only player i would not have in the team for the Motherwell game is Stokes, imo the guy needs dropped from the first team and a wee spell on the bench for him is needed.
But i know Yogi will not drop him yet. Blue eyed boy to Yogi.:agree:

Baw187
04-12-2009, 10:34 PM
McBride is out for the game, but good news is that the five players all trained today and are in contention for tomorrow which is good news, dont know if they will all start the game as Yogi may not risk a couple of them and put them on the bench, but if they are all passed fit for tomorrow then i can see Yogi starting with the same team as last week, the only player i would not have in the team for the Motherwell game is Stokes, imo the guy needs dropped from the first team and a wee spell on the bench for him is needed.
But i know Yogi will not drop him yet. Blue eyed boy to Yogi.:agree:

Do you believe the 5 players to be those mentioned earlier in the thread?? :greengrin

i.e. Murray, Bamba, Miller, Stack, Zouma...

silverhibee
04-12-2009, 11:23 PM
[QUOTE=Baw187;2263901]Do you believe the 5 players to be those mentioned earlier in the thread?? :greengrin

i.e. Murray, Bamba, Miller, Stack, Zouma...[/QU

Deeks and Hogg were the other two, as i have said in another thread Deeks has been carrying an injury for a number of weeks now, but is doing his best to play and get through this, some of the players need to be rested at some point soon, so that these knocks and niggles dont put these players out for a number of weeks, time for Yogi to start using his full squad now.:agree: