PDA

View Full Version : If we're the Arsenal of the North, are Pompey the Hearts of the South?

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 05:55 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8394092.stm

No mention of a "glitch" or a "blip" mind you......perhaps Pompey are more honest than our neighbours?

:greengrin

joe breezy
03-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Arsenal would beat Hibs 10-0

To say we are the Arsenal of the North is almost as bad as Hearts saying their going to win the Champions League

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 05:59 PM

To say we are the Arsenal of the North is almost as bad as Hearts saying their going to win the Champions League

We never said we were, the Chelsea dressing room did.

Source - Yves Ma-Kalambay :agree:

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:03 PM
The Red Hibs as Mikey calls us :agree:

Your right again PH, Hearts are surely Pompey of the North:agree:

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Makalamby said we were,:agree:

Barney McGrew
03-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Hearts are surely Pompey of the North

And heading rapidly towards being the Third Lanark of Edinburgh

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
And heading rapidly towards being the Third Lanark of Edinburgh

:pray:

Nah, ad let them suffer for a few years, let teams like Arbroath and Montrose rip the piss oot them for a good few seasons, watch there 400k crowds dwindle to under 1k at home games, and rejoice in the fact that we will soon be the big team.

They're going down.

joe breezy
03-12-2009, 06:13 PM
We're definitely not the Arsenal of the North most weeks, then again we're very inconsistent and haven't won anything for a while so maybe...

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
:Pray:

Nah, ad let them suffer for a few years, let teams like Arbroath and Montrose rip the piss oot them for a good few seasons, watch there 400k crowds dwindle to under 1k at home games, and rejoice in the fact that we will soon be the big team.

They're going down.

We're not so much soon to be the big team, Andy; in my opinion, we are the only team in Edinburgh at present.

To call that shower of classless welts a team is an insult to every other professional club in Scotland.

They're jam-packed full of lazy barstewards who give as much a toss for the shirt as their madcap owner who tramples all over that same shirt in a kamikaze, yet wildly amusing, way whilst ridding them of any identity and pride that they once had.

Your average Hearts fan now hides behind the sofa, too scared to speak up against the cruelty lavished upon them by their owner, save for their annual re-appearance to indulge in some moral high-horse poppy watching that's about as crass as it is incorrectly self-righteous.

Enjoy yer Christmas ya turd-coloured fuds. :hnet:

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8394092.stm

No mention of a "glitch" or a "blip" mind you......perhaps Pompey are more honest than our neighbours?

:greengrin

When did we become Arsenal of the North? If there is a club we are like, I'd say it is West Ham, but at the end of the day the only people we are is Hibernian FC.

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
We're not so much soon to be the big team, Andy; in my opinion, we are the only team in Edinburgh at present.

To call that shower of classless welts a team is an insult to every other professional club in Scotland.

They're jam-packed full of lazy barstewards who give as much a toss for the shirt as their madcap owner who tramples all over that same shirt in a kamikaze, yet wildly amusing, way whilst ridding them of any identity and pride that they once had.

Your average Hearts fan now hides behind the sofa, too scared to speak up against the cruelty lavished upon them by their owner, save for their annual re-appearance to indulge in some moral high-horse poppy watching that's about as crass as it is incorrectly self-righteous.

:faf: This is absolute quality mate. :top marks

I'm surprised with all the talk of trampling you haven't mentioned a famous episode involving a sack of Russian Hats and the arrival of a nonce for manager.

Perhaps someone has a picture?

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
When did we become Arsenal of the North? If there is a club we are like, I'd say it is West Ham, but at the end of the day the only people we are is Hibernian FC.

It was an excerpt from a Maka interview where he stated that his team-mates from the Chelsea dressing room referred to ourselves as "the Arsenal of the North", namely for our ability to play good football and produce good youngsters.

Albeit on a much smaller scale of course.

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
It was an excerpt from a Maka interview where he stated that his team-mates from the Chelsea dressing room referred to ourselves as "the Arsenal of the North", namely for our ability to play good football and produce good youngsters.

Albeit on a much smaller scale of course.

Oh well, fair enough. Is it possible that the blokes at Chelsea were having a wee joke at Maka's expense. It's quite embarrassing and the sort of thing that bigger teams in this city make a right erchie of themselves with.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh well, fair enough. Is it possible that the blokes at Chelsea were having a wee joke at Maka's expense. It's quite embarrassing and the sort of thing that bigger teams in this city make a right erchie of themselves with.

Maka was still at Chelsea if I recall correctly, this was prior to him being linked or indeed signing with Hibs.

Luckily, it's a term that we haven't latched onto where we sell t-shirts and DVDs in the club shop so we can slip the den mothers a fiver to keep them schtum.

I only used it as a direct reference to Hearts and Pompey (inextricably linked via Graham Rix and Avram Grant in any case.....one a rootin' tootin' paedo, the other a fat grump who looks like his erse has just caved in.)

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:23 PM

Ellegantly put sir!

Although id like to point out that Edinburgh city (after there oustanding scottish cup win) would feel a little agrieved at us being the only team in Embra, im certain that they will be our mainstay rivals in the not to distant future, we will be locking horns for a good few years to come.

Hearts i will always be fond of for the enthrawling derby matches, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, i shant shed a tear when HOMFC decease tho, its not personall, just the walk of life.

As Keith Wright explained to me today in Penicuik at 13.32 ( i had to check my watch and be precise as i was talking to a hibee legend!) Hearts are finito and there wont be a happier man than me in the world when it goes pearshaped (not me him) but me too yeah.

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Ellegantly put sir!

Although id like to point out that Edinburgh city (after there oustanding scottish cup win) would feel a little agrieved at us being the only team in Embra, im certain that they will be our mainstay rivals in the not to distant future, we will be locking horns for a good few years to come.

Hearts i will always be fond of for the enthrawling derby matches, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, i shant shed a tear when HOMFC decease tho, its not personall, just the walk of life.

As Keith Wright explained to me today in Penicuik at 13.32 ( i had to check my watch and be precise as i was talking to a hibee legend!) Hearts are finito and there wont be a happier man than me in the world when it goes pearshaped (not me him) but me too yeah.

Keesbo said that? They really are in trouble when a guy like him starts to disrespect them. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Keesbo said that? They really are in trouble when a guy like him starts to disrespect them. :greengrin

Straight from his mouth :greengrin:agree:

mixumatosis
03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Maka was still at Chelsea if I recall correctly, this was prior to him being linked or indeed signing with Hibs.

Luckily, it's a term that we haven't latched onto where we sell t-shirts and DVDs in the club shop so we can slip the den mothers a fiver to keep them schtum.

I only used it as a direct reference to Hearts and Pompey (inextricably linked via Graham Rix and Avram Grant in any case.....one a rootin' tootin' paedo, the other a fat grump who looks like his erse has just caved in.)

:faf:

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Straight from his mouth :greengrin:agree:

That won't go down well across the road. He is one of their favourite non Yam players. Maybe now they'll get the message that no-one likes them, and no-one cares. (I made some of this up).

Saorsa
03-12-2009, 06:52 PM
:faf: This is absolute quality mate. :top marks

I'm surprised with all the talk of trampling you haven't mentioned a famous episode involving a sack of Russian Hats and the arrival of a nonce for manager.

Perhaps someone has a picture?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/hatkickers.jpg

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/hatkickers.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That would bring a tear tae a gless aye :greengrin

hibsbollah
03-12-2009, 06:59 PM
I remember being at Tynecastle a few years back during an unpleasant 4-0 or 4-1 horsing, and 'Vla-dimir Roman-ov, Vla-dimir- Roman-ov' was being belted out on 3 sides of the ground, Lithuanian flags aplenty, the man himself standing up in the 'directors box' and waving to his loyal subjects in the manner of a minor royal....

Its a funny old game:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-12-2009, 08:29 PM
If there is a club we are like, I'd say it is West Ham Couldnae agree more FH, I go down to Upton Park quite a lot and we are very similar - good youth systems which produce a lot of good players who are sold too early, fans who like to watch a good passing game (not as often as we'd like), not got enough dough and a sizeable "firm".

Row H
03-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Sure, theyre recent results prove it after all.

heretoday
03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Are we no' the Ross County of the South?

Saorsa
04-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I remember being at Tynecastle a few years back during an unpleasant 4-0 or 4-1 horsing, and 'Vla-dimir Roman-ov, Vla-dimir- Roman-ov' was being belted out on 3 sides of the ground, Lithuanian flags aplenty, the man himself standing up in the 'directors box' and waving to his loyal subjects in the manner of a minor royal....

Its a funny old game:greengrinIs this the song you refer tae :greengrin :faf:

VLAD MEETS THE PLUMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djIZyGPZ4rM

What a shower of creepy erse licking fuds :jamboak:

Hibercelona
04-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Is this the song you refer tae :greengrin :faf:

VLAD MEETS THE PLUMS

That bit with the fat erse at the end still cracks me up. :faf:

Anybody know where the creepy slow motion video version of this is? They really aren't human. :agree:

Bostonhibby
04-12-2009, 09:32 PM
There is not even the slightest chance that the Pompey fans will be navel gazing or playing at big clubs if they think their club is going down the tubes, so no. but in some other respects maybe.

Pretty Boy
04-12-2009, 10:00 PM
That bit with the fat erse at the end still cracks me up. :faf:

Anybody know where the creepy slow motion video version of this is? They really aren't human. :agree:

It's the long haired yam that runs about daft trying to shake Romans hand then sort of half bows to him after saying thanks that gets me. Especially with his mate screaming for Vlad to take a penalty in the background. Absolute morons.

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 09:42 AM

VLAD MEETS THE PLUMS

:top marks:greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

How many of them feel like a right bunch of fuds now eh?:cool2:

Couldnt happen tae a nicer team aswell.

GIFRUY hearts bassas.

Your going down.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-12-2009, 09:47 AM
"RomanRomanovRomanRomanovRomanRomanovRomanRomanov"

Bwahahahahaha :faf::faf::faf:

Gerrit wrapped ya shower o' divots :agree:

Saorsa
05-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Gerrit wrapped ya shower o' divots :agree::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:faf:

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 09:50 AM

Gerrit wrapped ya shower o' divots :agree:

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 11:45 PM

VLAD MEETS THE PLUMS

Cannae let this slip away from the top :greengrin

Must be a few Hibbys that have still to see this and laugh in the face of failure :hilarious

:bye::bye::bye:

Pedantic_Hibee
05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Cannae let this slip away from the top :greengrin

Must be a few Hibbys that have still to see this and laugh in the face of failure :hilarious

:bye::bye::bye:

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
How cringeworthy.

Appearing in the video and watching it again must be like when you take a girl home to meet your mother and she wheels out the video recordings of you dancing like a mong at your sister's 10th birthday party whilst wearing an ill-fitting shellsuit and sporting flat hair.

Saorsa
05-12-2009, 11:54 PM
How cringeworthy.

Appearing in the video and watching it again must be like when you take a girl home to meet your mother and she wheels out the video recordings of you dancing like a mong at your sister's 10th birthday party whilst wearing an ill-fitting shellsuit and sporting flat hair.I thought it was a sin that that video was taken down by the original poster, I'm so glad I downloaded it and was able tae upload it again, it would be terrible if such a brilliant video was consigned tae history :agree:

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 11:56 PM
How cringeworthy.

Appearing in the video and watching it again must be like when you take a girl home to meet your mother and she wheels out the video recordings of you dancing like a mong at your sister's 10th birthday party whilst wearing an ill-fitting shellsuit and sporting flat hair.

:hilarious:

The hing is tho PH..there is plenty poor Jambo bassa oot there that must cringe watching that vid back:greengrin

The folk in that video must have gone intae hiding for a long long time:thumbsup:

By the way..Arsenal won 2-0 today and so did we :hmmm:

Barney McGrew
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
The folk in that video must have gone intae hiding for a long long time:thumbsup:

"Kin ah shake yir hand?"

Plums. Every last one of them. :hilarious

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
"Kin ah shake yir hand?"

Plums. Every last one of them. :hilarious

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

:singing: Roman Romanov :singing:

:hilarious

HibbyAndy
06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
We're definitely not the Arsenal of the North most weeks, then again we're very inconsistent and haven't won anything for a while so maybe...

Correct.

Thats why we are the Arsenal of the North :greengrin

Keith_M
07-12-2009, 12:50 PM
There was a discussion like this before (Arsenal of the north) and I said something similiar at the time but, as I like the sound of my own voice (so to speak).......

<Note: If you don't like Hibs to be criticised, stop reading here>

Hibs are the West Ham of the north, similarities below.

We, as fans, have delusions of grandeur, thinking we're one of the big boys, despite the fact that our glory period is now over fifty years ago.

We cling on to the claim that, even if we don't neccessarily win much, at least we're known for our style of football, while sweeping under the carpet the vast periods of our history when we've been, basically, Total Bobby Williamson.

Hibs, like the hammers, have different coloured sleeves, which we claim makes us distinct, even though we also pinched the idea off somebody else.

West ham have a notorious hooligan element to their support...

nuff said.

:duck:

gilliecabbage
07-12-2009, 02:25 PM

ther was me thinking it was because we wer known as that since we nicked ther kit design before WW2 by adding white sleeves.

maybe someone can confirm:confused:

HibbyAndy
07-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Are we done with this thread then? :dunno:

:devil:

Saorsa
07-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Are we done with this thread then? :dunno:

:devil:Try this yin instead :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=168589

HibbyAndy
07-12-2009, 05:27 PM