PDA

View Full Version : Yams Protests: A lesson from history

greenginger
03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Interesting debate over the road on what previous protests have produced.

Anti Mercer protest resulted in Pieman

Anti Pieman protest resulted in Vlad

Anti Vlad protest will bring what ?

That's their big worry, it could be oblivion. I don't think Vlad's ego would allow others to make even a limited success of the Club where he has been such a disaster.

Better it was gone and blame the GFA, the press, the Old Firm and Agents etc. etc.

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 05:42 PM

That's their big worry, it could be oblivion. I don't think Vlad's ego would allow others to make even a limited success of the Club where he has been such a disaster.

Better it was gone and blame the GFA, the press, the Old Firm and Agents etc. etc.

Couldnt happen to a nicer club!..watch them all squeeling like rodents is heaven..to think they would have sucked each and every one of Ripmeov taes not so long ago tae!.

Changed days Jumbos, your going down.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Dont think I've seen a response to this.

As it approaches squeaky bottom time would Vlad not just pull the same stunt Motherwell did (in and out of administration start afresh)?

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM

I would also add, anti Parker protests resulted in Mercer. Each time they change the guy at the top the club goes more into debt. They can't blame Vlad, they have been going down this road for years.

They remind me of a guy who robs the till at his work so he can have a bet. The theory is that he will pay the till back when the horse comes in. Of course the horse doesn't come in, so now he robs the till to make a bet that will repay his initial theft plus this new one. Each time he gets more desperate and backs horses with longer odds. Eventually he is caught, has to face the music and learns his lesson.

You would hope that the penny is starting to drop. There is one constant amongst all the idiots they have had running the PBS. They were put there in response to fan power.

EskbankHibby
03-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Read some of that right enough.

Consensus is that they have problems but they are basically too scared to do anything about it or even ask pertinent questions.

Good life lesson there for the youngsters looking in:-

If there is a difficult decision to be made, don't do anything and hope all the bad things go away.

Cowardly fuds.

Sergey
03-12-2009, 05:58 PM

The sad fact is (well, it's not sad, it's joyous) that they're phecked while he's in charge and they're equally phecked if he walks away.

I call that a win/win situation.

I'm ever so slightly tumescent at the thought :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 05:58 PM
The chickens are coming a-home to roost :thumbsup:

Good, f***ing glad to hear it, couldn't happen to a more arrogant, self-righteous, deluded bunch of ringpieces.

The only way is down for that shameless carcass of a club, they're rotten to the core and an absolute laughing stock up and down the country.

Lets see if the Pyjama Man can heroically cure the seemingly incurable.

HoMFC - Get. It. Wrapped. Right. Roond. Ye. :agree:

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:00 PM
The sad fact is (well, it's not sad, it's joyous) that they're phecked while he's in charge and they're equally phecked if he walks away.

:agree:

:singing: And so, the end is near :singing:

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:01 PM

Good, f***ing glad to hear it, couldn't happen to a more arrogant, self-righteous, deluded bunch of ringpieces.

The only way is down for that shameless carcass of a club, they're rotten to the core and an absolute laughing stock up and down the country.

Superb post.

Always have me in fits PH :greengrin

Hank Schrader
03-12-2009, 06:05 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

Barney McGrew
03-12-2009, 06:12 PM
For any yams passing by, here's a wee map that should help you see where you're club is now:

Mikey
03-12-2009, 06:13 PM
The protest thread over the road is a hoot. As usual the dissenters are just being passed off as hobos.

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
The protest thread over the road is a hoot. As usual the dissenters are just being passed off as hobos.

Some of them are :greengrin

hibbybrian
03-12-2009, 06:15 PM
For any yams passing by, here's a wee map that should help you see where you're club is now:

:confused:

are they still approaching S**t creek or already past it :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:18 PM

Can't help feeling there's an order for some XXL blazers being placed at Aitken and Niven as we speak.

Whatever happened to the G8 or whatever those f*nnies called themselves by the way.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Can't help feeling there's an order for some XXL blazers being placed at Aitken and Niven as we speak.

Whatever happened to the G8 or whatever those f*nnies called themselves by the way.

*mutters something about registration fees and walks off without answering the question*

Barney McGrew
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
are they still approaching S**t creek or already past it :greengrin

I believe that they're looking for one of the local retail outlets

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
*mutters something about registration fees and walks off without answering the question*

Question next.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't know why they tossbags are organising a protest.

The hazy days of June/July/August 2009 where they parted with their cash for another season ticket is the day they gave this regime the thumbs-up to carry on plundering them for another 9 months at least.

They effectively bought their own silence.

So all this posturing whereby 1000 of them stand outside Tynecastle after a game swinging their little maroon d1cks into the wind counts for nothing as Ol' Uncle Vlad has been given permission to siphon another x amount of million into the registration fees drawer.

Riordans Boots
03-12-2009, 06:46 PM

:faf: :top marks

Minder
03-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Hypothetical -Wonder what would happen if Vlad writes off debt in return for transferring ground to other Company/Ukio/Ubig. Wonder what then happens if HoMFC still saddled with £25 million debt put into Administration hence terminating agreement to rent ground. Surely ground would not then be developed into flats and retail outlet. :boo hoo:

:flag:

IWasThere2016
03-12-2009, 08:43 PM

:thumbsup: F*** THEM! :greengrin

greenginger
03-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Kickback now having a poll as to whether they think Hearts will go bust some time soon.

About 40% seem to think so. :thumbsup:

The others have some mind numbing reasons why this can't happen.

Bostonhibby
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM

But they are so much more dignified than us, big clubs know how a protest should be properly done. You don't want to attract any attention or cause a fuss like those Hands off Hibs types, there are ways and means, for those that don't know any better here's how its done.

1. You get the right sort of leader with the relevant gravitas who many outside the world of football will sit up and take notice of once he starts to draw the injustice of your clubs plight to wider attention. For example A leading photogenic politician or maybe the other half of a comedy duo, the one that nobody really laughed at (for passing Yams - do try to avoid thinking its Ernie Wise)

2. Don't let anyone know that you are planning a protest, you do not want to let the cat out of the bag too early (this is a saying - there is no need to go out collecting cats and put them in bags). It is therefore strongly recommended that you find a safe place to plan your strategy. Perhaps the golf or bowling club lounge where you would normally be on match days - to avoid drawing any attention to your enterprise it is vital that you do not break your usual routine, please continue to stand around complaining about Hobos and singing the praises of your saviour the good Mr Romanov.

3. Avoid any suggestion that you are a like minded group, there are to be no uniforms, do not alter your appearance, stick to maroon v necks and casual blazers for your more senior members and an assortment of nylon based clothing for the trendier youngsters should be fine.

4. As the great day draws near - it will only be a day since it might upset the neighbours in the more respectable parts of the city if it went on longer - organise a meeting in the snug at the club, that is the time to elect a chairman, someone to take the minutes, a secretary and a treasurer - preferably one who will not run off with the money and a tart.

5. Once the conditions at 4. have been met get someone to go out and buy the jotters, pencils and some coloured pens for the more senior members to put in their blazer pockets. It is important to write everything down before you act and also have accurate notes to look back on when you hold the AGM to review what you have done to save Hearts, what went well and what didn't and to plan for another year of inaction.

6. Seek alliances - there may be strength in numbers - identify like minded groups with similar interests (for example do you know any other trumpets who are marching towards financial meltdown but think it will go away because they are a big club?).

7. Announce the date - some time in 2012 seems favourite but get everyone to send their holiday dates in and any other dates to avoid to ensure maximum turnout - you will probably also need this to work out how many sandwiches and sausage rolls to make. It will also help you plan the bingo and make sure you get the right number of tickets for the meat raffle.

8. Shoot......its too late - why didn't we smell the coffee and do what the Hibbys done?!

Cropley10
04-12-2009, 08:03 AM

But what you're forgetting Serg, is that they've won the SC twice in 11 years. And they wouldn't swap that for anything.

Sudds_1
04-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I don't know why they tossbags are organising a protest.

The hazy days of June/July/August 2009 where they parted with their cash for another season ticket is the day they gave this regime the thumbs-up to carry on plundering them for another 9 months at least.

They effectively bought their own silence.

So all this posturing whereby 1000 of them stand outside Tynecastle after a game swinging their little maroon d1cks into the wind counts for nothing as Ol' Uncle Vlad has been given permission to siphon another x amount of million into the registration fees drawer.

Impossible PH.........they're all phannies!:wink:

HFC 0-7
04-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Dont think I've seen a response to this.

As it approaches squeaky bottom time would Vlad not just pull the same stunt Motherwell did (in and out of administration start afresh)?

Vlad will not do this, putting a club into administration is good if you owe banks money as you dont have to pay all your debts back, but negotiate how much to pay back. If Vlad does this he will be doing himself out of money. Vlad holds the cards here, if he wants money fast he will put UBIG to the wall, this leaving his bank to obtain all the assetts of UBIG and Hearts.

bobbyhibs1983
04-12-2009, 09:05 AM
this leaving his bank to obtain all the assetts of UBIG and Hearts.

Hearts have assets?may i be the 1st to source?:devil:

Phil D. Rolls
04-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Kickback now having a poll as to whether they think Hearts will go bust some time soon.

About 40% seem to think so. :thumbsup:

The others have some mind numbing reasons why this can't happen.

It would be great if someone could post excerpts for those who don't have access to KB.

8. Shoot......its too late - why didn't we smell the coffee and do what the Hibbys done?!

Brilliant post, sorry I've cut the bulk out for space saving.

Perhaps a photographer from the local paper should be contacted so that the committee can have a group picture taken?

Also, it is vital that a clean supply of Brylcreem is available to the older members (hair gel or such like for the youngsters).

Ideally committee meetings should coincide with changeover times for LRT shifts.

Caversham Green
04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Vlad will not do this, putting a club into administration is good if you owe banks money as you dont have to pay all your debts back, but negotiate how much to pay back. If Vlad does this he will be doing himself out of money. Vlad holds the cards here, if he wants money fast he will put UBIG to the wall, this leaving his bank to obtain all the assetts of UBIG and Hearts.

The thing is, Vlad has already lost that money with no realistic way of recouping it. He (or rather his companies) is also losing more money on a daily basis down the cludgie that is HOMFC. At some point he is going to have to put a stop to that and draw a line under the whole thing, and administration might well be the least painful way of doing that.

His problem is that he would be handing over control to an administrator and it's doubtful that the administrator would hand back that control to Vlad once the administration period was concluded. However, Hearts have a big enough fan base that he would not consider winding them up and a leaner more efficient HOMFC would undoubtedly find a buyer.

I said last season that administration might be the best thing to happen to HOMFC at that time - they would take the 10 point hit but still stay in the SPL. That chance has gone and the loss of 10 points now would put them in serious danger of relegation, which would reduce the value for any potential buyers.

Vlad may be (or may not be) very rich, but I'm increasingly unconvinced that he is a good businessman. There's a feel of "rabbit in the headlights" in the way he's dealing with things at the moment and that can only be to the continuing detriment of HOMFC.

SidBurns
04-12-2009, 09:35 AM
What are all the likely scenarios that could happen?

They carry on as they are, the debt growing year on year on year
They move 'assets' to other companies (can he/they do this) and be okay?
They go into Administration
They go completely bust and we have a 'new' Livingston/Airdrie/Clydebank situation

Please oh please be the last one! :greengrin

Anyone from a more educated background (Accountant or just someone with a brain :wink:) know anything else that 'could' happen?

Also, if they did go into Administration, how many points they lose? If ten how good does this look:-

1 Celtic 13 13 27
2 Rangers 12 12 25
3 Hibernian 13 10 25
4 Dundee Utd 12 8 23
5 Motherwell 13 3 20
6 Aberdeen 13 0 18
7 St Johnstone 13 -5 13
8 St Mirren 13 -5 13
9 Hamilton 13 -11 10
10 Kilmarnock 13 -10 9
11 Falkirk 13 -11 8
12 H****s 13 -4 3

poolman
04-12-2009, 09:44 AM

The Bailiffs

Caversham Green
04-12-2009, 09:56 AM
What are all the likely scenarios that could happen?

They carry on as they are, the debt growing year on year on year
They move 'assets' to other companies (can he/they do this) and be okay?
They go into Administration
They go completely bust and we have a 'new' Livingston/Airdrie/Clydebank situation
Please oh please be the last one! :greengrin

Anyone from a more educated background (Accountant or just someone with a brain :wink:) know anything else that 'could' happen?

Also, if they did go into Administration, how many points they lose? If ten how good does this look:-

1 Celtic 13 13 27
2 Rangers 12 12 25
3 Hibernian 13 10 25
4 Dundee Utd 12 8 23
5 Motherwell 13 3 20
6 Aberdeen 13 0 18
7 St Johnstone 13 -5 13
8 St Mirren 13 -5 13
9 Hamilton 13 -11 10
10 Kilmarnock 13 -10 9
11 Falkirk 13 -11 8
12 H****s 13 -4 3

One more scenario (the one that some yams seem to be pinning their hopes on) is that they manage to start making a profit and gradually reduce the debt to manageable levels. I pointed out on another thread that if they had cut their wages bill to zero in 2008 they would still have made a loss of a couple of million, so don't go holding your breath on that one.

Phil D. Rolls
04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
T
Vlad may be (or may not be) very rich, but I'm increasingly unconvinced that he is a good businessman. There's a feel of "rabbit in the headlights" in the way he's dealing with things at the moment and that can only be to the continuing detriment of HOMFC.

The more we look at conspiracy theories and convulted schemes for Vlad to rip of the Yams, the one thing we are overlooking is that he might just be a numpty who got out of his depth.

Like you, I'm starting to question how it can be that someone who can steer a submarine through the Baltic, and run Lithuania's 15th biggest bank, can make so many mistakes. The only conclusion I can come to is that he isn't the big shot we all thought he was.

If I was a Yam, I'd be feeling slightly cheated today. After all, despite serious misgivings in many, Vlad was welcomed with open arms, and they invested their trust in him. They weren't asking for much, just to stay at their spiritual home, and maybe the odd run in the cup.

What did they get? A man promising them things they couldn't even dream of: Champions League trophies; Scottish League domination; a 50,000 seat stadium with hotel shops and leisure facilities.

Who would turn that away? It was enough for some of them to keep quiet when they spotted the zip in the back of his Captain Marvel suit. Best say nothing as there were people whose fragile self esteem couldn't take another rip off merchant.

I think Vlad knows as much about football, or business, as that f*nny that recently took over at Dundee FC and started spouting nonsense about winning titles, trophies and European Football.

Mind you, even Dundee weren't stupid enough to take Vlad.

MB62
04-12-2009, 10:14 AM
The thing is, Vlad has already lost that money with no realistic way of recouping it. He (or rather his companies) is also losing more money on a daily basis down the cludgie that is HOMFC. At some point he is going to have to put a stop to that and draw a line under the whole thing, and administration might well be the least painful way of doing that.

CG I bow to your knowledge of these things, certainly a lot more informed than I could ever be. However, would selling Swinie not be the one/main way for him to recoup a great deal of what he owes himself?

PatHead
04-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry guys you have all missed the point. Hertz won last week. Nade scored -there is no crisis, everything is fine. Hertz have no debt as they owe it to themselves. We Hobos just don't understand how Big Clubs operate, so there

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2009, 10:26 AM
CG I bow to your knowledge of these things, certainly a lot more informed than I could ever be. However, would selling Swinie not be the one/main way for him to recoup a great deal of what he owes himself?

Way past that point.

Even if he shut down HOMFC and sold the PBS tomorrow - bearing in mind the doubt that they would even get the price nowadays the Pieman would have got from Cala in 2004/5* - he would get (say) £20M for the PBS. The problem is that Ukio Bankas took on the mortgages from HBOS (£17M), and Ubig have provided additional funding worth £20M+. That is made up of £12M in that debt for equity swap, plus whatever overdraft Hearts now have on top of their mortgage debt.

If he pulled the plug tomorrow, Romanov would be at least £20M down overall. And that's with a (very) generous sale value for the PBS.

*(context: during the spring last year, there were 500 new build homes in Edinburgh; this year, there were FOUR).

Hibbie0762
04-12-2009, 10:30 AM
The more we look at conspiracy theories and convulted schemes for Vlad to rip of the Yams, the one thing we are overlooking is that he might just be a numpty who got out of his depth.

Like you, I'm starting to question how it can be that someone who can steer a submarine through the Baltic, and run Lithuania's 15th biggest bank, can make so many mistakes. The only conclusion I can come to is that he isn't the big shot we all thought he was.

If I was a Yam, I'd be feeling slightly cheated today. After all, despite serious misgivings in many, Vlad was welcomed with open arms, and they invested their trust in him. They weren't asking for much, just to stay at their spiritual home, and maybe the odd run in the cup.

What did they get? A man promising them things they couldn't even dream of: Champions League trophies; Scottish League domination; a 50,000 seat stadium with hotel shops and leisure facilities.

Who would turn that away? It was enough for some of them to keep quiet when they spotted the zip in the back of his Captain Marvel suit. Best say nothing as there were people whose fragile self esteem couldn't take another rip off merchant.

I think Vlad knows as much about football, or business, as that f*nny that recently took over at Dundee FC and started spouting nonsense about winning titles, trophies and European Football.

Mind you, even Dundee weren't stupid enough to take Vlad.The Yams' view of the fall of Communism (which is what brought all the Eastern European eh, entrepreneurs, like Vlad to a sort of prominence) seems to be that Vlad and his kind were all astute businessmen just waiting for the opportunity to flourish and profit in a free and fair political system.

A more realistic analysis is that most of them were chancers/gangsters/thugs who were in the right place at the right time, and ready to be fairly ruthless in taking over State utilities etc to do a bit of profiteering and asset stripping. Taking control of formerly State-owned steel mills, pension funds or whatever when no-one is watching doesn't make one a financial wizz kid - just a thief.

Some of these chancers - like Abramovich maybe - had the nous to move on from their initial acts of piracy and to consolidate into at least semi legitimate trading. But the small fry like Romanov did not have much clue how to manage a business empire for ongoing profit once the initial opportunity for ripping off their country's assets had passed. Vlad's current group of businesses look more like Pyramid Selling than anything else, where ongoing and mounting losses are disguised by passing the same wodge of money round the companies just ahead of the Official Receiver's visit.

That "robbing Peter to pay Paul" model can only be sustained for so long, particularly in the face of a global recession. One gets the feeling that the endgame may well be approaching for Vlad and some of his mates.

But of course the Yams, being such a BIG club, are well placed to survive the blow of their £30m+ debt being suddenly called in, I am sure. I mean, what would a mob of peg-selling Hobo druggies know about balancing the books?

Sudds_1
04-12-2009, 10:47 AM
The Yams' view of the fall of Communism (which is what brought all the Eastern European eh, entrepreneurs, like Vlad to a sort of prominence) seems to be that Vlad and his kind were all astute businessmen just waiting for the opportunity to flourish and profit in a free and fair political system.

A more realistic analysis is that most of them were chancers/gangsters/thugs who were in the right place at the right time, and ready to be fairly ruthless in taking over State utilities etc to do a bit of profiteering and asset stripping. Taking control of formerly State-owned steel mills, pension funds or whatever when no-one is watching doesn't make one a financial wizz kid - just a thief.

Some of these chancers - like Abramovich maybe - had the nous to move on from their initial acts of piracy and to consolidate into at least semi legitimate trading. But the small fry like Romanov did not have much clue how to manage a business empire for ongoing profit once the initial opportunity for ripping off their country's assets had passed. Vlad's current group of businesses look more like Pyramid Selling than anything else, where ongoing and mounting losses are disguised by passing the same wodge of money round the companies just ahead of the Official Receiver's visit.

That "robbing Peter to pay Paul" model can only be sustained for so long, particularly in the face of a global recession. One gets the feeling that the endgame may well be approaching for Vlad and some of his mates.

But of course the Yams, being such a BIG club, are well placed to survive the blow of their £30m+ debt being suddenly called in, I am sure. I mean, what would a mob of peg-selling Hobo druggies know about balancing the books?

You been reading up on accountancy theory since you retired? :wink::greengrin

Kato
04-12-2009, 10:51 AM
The Hearts fans are revolting.

lapsedhibee
04-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I pointed out on another thread that if they had cut their wages bill to zero in 2008 they would still have made a loss of a couple of million, so don't go holding your breath on that one.

What if the players paid :Romanov: for the privilege of playing - would that not be a way for the yams to trade out of their situation? Has no-one on wakingupandsmellingthecoffeeandtakingyerheidootthe sandaremorethanwecanmanageatthesametime.co.uk suggested this yet? :dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
04-12-2009, 10:55 AM
What if the players paid :Romanov: for the privilege of playing - would that not be a way for the yams to trade out of their situation? Has no-one on wakingupandsmellingthecoffeeandtakingyerheidootthe sandaremorethanwecanmanageatthesametime.co.uk suggested this yet? :dunno:

I'm sure they are searching their open letter templates as we speak.

Hibbie0762
04-12-2009, 10:58 AM
You been reading up on accountancy theory since you retired? :wink::greengrinI currently list my post-retirement specialisms as politics, football, music and laughing at the Yams. Not necessarily in that order :greengrin

Port O'Leaf
04-12-2009, 11:01 AM
But they are so much more dignified than us, big clubs know how a protest should be properly done. You don't want to attract any attention or cause a fuss like those Hands off Hibs types, there are ways and means, for those that don't know any better here's how its done.

1. You get the right sort of leader with the relevant gravitas who many outside the world of football will sit up and take notice of once he starts to draw the injustice of your clubs plight to wider attention. For example A leading photogenic politician or maybe the other half of a comedy duo, the one that nobody really laughed at (for passing Yams - do try to avoid thinking its Ernie Wise)

2. Don't let anyone know that you are planning a protest, you do not want to let the cat out of the bag too early (this is a saying - there is no need to go out collecting cats and put them in bags). It is therefore strongly recommended that you find a safe place to plan your strategy. Perhaps the golf or bowling club lounge where you would normally be on match days - to avoid drawing any attention to your enterprise it is vital that you do not break your usual routine, please continue to stand around complaining about Hobos and singing the praises of your saviour the good Mr Romanov.

3. Avoid any suggestion that you are a like minded group, there are to be no uniforms, do not alter your appearance, stick to maroon v necks and casual blazers for your more senior members and an assortment of nylon based clothing for the trendier youngsters should be fine.

4. As the great day draws near - it will only be a day since it might upset the neighbours in the more respectable parts of the city if it went on longer - organise a meeting in the snug at the club, that is the time to elect a chairman, someone to take the minutes, a secretary and a treasurer - preferably one who will not run off with the money and a tart.

5. Once the conditions at 4. have been met get someone to go out and buy the jotters, pencils and some coloured pens for the more senior members to put in their blazer pockets. It is important to write everything down before you act and also have accurate notes to look back on when you hold the AGM to review what you have done to save Hearts, what went well and what didn't and to plan for another year of inaction.

6. Seek alliances - there may be strength in numbers - identify like minded groups with similar interests (for example do you know any other trumpets who are marching towards financial meltdown but think it will go away because they are a big club?).

7. Announce the date - some time in 2012 seems favourite but get everyone to send their holiday dates in and any other dates to avoid to ensure maximum turnout - you will probably also need this to work out how many sandwiches and sausage rolls to make. It will also help you plan the bingo and make sure you get the right number of tickets for the meat raffle.

That's the funniest post I've read in ages, take a bow Sir.

I've been feeling crap with the flu all week but that's cheered me up no end.

If anyone knows how to remove snotters from my monitor and keyboard please drop me a PM.

Jack
04-12-2009, 11:20 AM

Mad Vlad is an absolute [business] genius!

He owns a bank. What do banks make money on? Interest!

Buy a football club that’s in debt, take the debt as high as you possibly can given the size of the support and what have you got? Guaranteed interest, coincidently in a hard currency!

What about all those transfers and their hidden fees?

12,000 ish loyal (to the point where common sense is thrown out the window) supporters only too willing to pay loads up front for STs. The money/cash from home games and merchandise regular enough to keep the business afloat most of the time???

Something to keep Mini Me from getting under his feet!

All the suggestions of illegal goings on. The apparently really dodgy Russian whose enemies kept on mysteriously dying was after him for, what was it, £7m (what ever happened to this?). Despite all this he’s managed to keep one step ahead!

He’s already admitted, in a foreign newspaper article, to have made/taken £15m out of Hahahearts.

No, the only idiots/mugs down Tynecastle way are the fans and supporters.

Caversham Green
04-12-2009, 11:20 AM

As the part-timer points out it's gone beyond that point, but he would still recoup a lot of his money through selling Swinie. I see some of the keechpackers are suggesting he could buy the place from himself and then rent it back to himself :dizzy:. Doing it pre-administration might be risky as the administrator could see that as preferential treatment, but there is a security on the place which means Vlad would benefit from the sale in administration anyway - that produces another argument in favour of administration.

Something is stopping him from taking that step though (I genuinely think it could be the best thing that could happen to HOMFC now). Possibly there are worms in cans and cats in bags that an administrator would release. In which case.....

They'd still find a way of losing money.

MB62
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Way past that point.

Even if he shut down HOMFC and sold the PBS tomorrow - bearing in mind the doubt that they would even get the price nowadays the Pieman would have got from Cala in 2004/5* - he would get (say) £20M for the PBS. The problem is that Ukio Bankas took on the mortgages from HBOS (£17M), and Ubig have provided additional funding worth £20M+. That is made up of £12M in that debt for equity swap, plus whatever overdraft Hearts now have on top of their mortgage debt.

If he pulled the plug tomorrow, Romanov would be at least £20M down overall. And that's with a (very) generous sale value for the PBS.

*(context: during the spring last year, there were 500 new build homes in Edinburgh; this year, there were FOUR).

It sounds like then that, whilst the Yams will probably survive in some shape or form, Vlad looks like he has lost millions on his footballing venture in Yamland.

Caversham Green
04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Mad Vlad is an absolute [business] genius!

He owns a bank. What do banks make money on? Interest!

Buy a football club that’s in debt, take the debt as high as you possibly can given the size of the support and what have you got? Guaranteed interest, coincidently in a hard currency!

What about all those transfers and their hidden fees?

12,000 ish loyal (to the point where common sense is thrown out the window) supporters only too willing to pay loads up front for STs. The money/cash from home games and merchandise regular enough to keep the business afloat most of the time???

Something to keep Mini Me from getting under his feet!

All the suggestions of illegal goings on. The apparently really dodgy Russian whose enemies kept on mysteriously dying was after him for, what was it, £7m (what ever happened to this?). Despite all this he’s managed to keep one step ahead!

He’s already admitted, in a foreign newspaper article, to have made/taken £15m out of Hahahearts.

No, the only idiots/mugs down Tynecastle way are the fans and supporters.

Some truth in all that. The amount going out and seemingly lost forever is greater than the amount coming in through interest though - at least on the face of it. They could also have lent that money to a more secure borrower at better rates. He did say he'd made £15m out of them though.

Cats and worms...

matty_f
04-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Yams are fuds. Fuds with nae money. Fuds with nae clue. Fuds with nae class.

Stinky, smelly, trampy fuds.

Fuds with questionable moral compasses.

Fuds that would be bigger fuds if they could manage the bus fare.

Fuds that will see avoiding relegation as a highlight of the season.

Fuds that will be lucky to see in excess of 30 goals scored from their team this season while their rivals' forward bags 20+ on his own.

Fuds that tolerate a striker with a bigger mass than jupiter hitting a prolific 2 goals this season.

Fuds that will stand by and watch their club get ripped a new hole by a mentalist owner.

Fuds that agree with Wee Airdrie Jambo.

Fuds that scam widescreen televisions from their punters.

Fuds that scam money from charities for their own use.

Fuds that wear blazers, drive Rovers, and give themselves daft names so they feel less socially inept than normal.

I can't say I'll miss them, when they go.

Peevemor
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM

Fuds that will be lucky to see in excess of 30 goals scored from their team this season while their rivals' forward bags 20+ on his own.

Fuds that tolerate a striker with a bigger mass than jupiter hitting a prolific 2 goals this season.

Fuds that will stand by and watch their club get ripped a new hole by a mentalist owner.

Fuds that wear blazers, drive Rovers, and give themselves daft names so they feel less socially inept than normal.

I concur. :agree:

degenerated
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
:agree:

:singing: And so, the end is near :singing:

And now the end is near
Vlad is back behind the iron curtain
my friends, i'll say it clear
your goose is cooked, of that i am certain

he told you lies, played you for fools
you sold your souls, despite our heeds
and much, much more than this
he has the deeds

shares, you have a few
but then again, too few to mention
Deans did what he wanted to
and sold you out, with lack of gumption

Believe?, we laughed so much we cried
we've had our fill, of all your gloating
and now, our tears subside
we find it all still so amusing

For what is a club, what have they got?
if not a ground, then they'll have naught
pound shops and cala housing schemes
where once you stood and had your dreams

history will show, you sunk so low

by doing it Vlads Way

Woody1985
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Way past that point.

4 new build homes in Edinburgh this year? They've just built dozens in Hyvots...

Phil D. Rolls
04-12-2009, 12:19 PM
and now the end is near
vlad is back behind the iron curtain

he has the deeds

shares, you have a few
deans did what he wanted to

believe?, we laughed so much we cried

for what is a club, what have they got?
If not a ground, then they'll have naught

by doing it vlads way

wee frank sinatra agrees!

Part/Time Supporter
04-12-2009, 12:32 PM
4 new build homes in Edinburgh this year? They've just built dozens in Hyvots...

Between April and July was the precise period covered (with 500 in the comparative period in 2008).

Hibs07p
04-12-2009, 12:54 PM

What are you trying to say like? No point sitting on the fence or beating about the bush, just say what you mean FFS! :greengrin

Woody1985
04-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Between April and July was the precise period covered (with 500 in the comparative period in 2008).

Ahhhh.

Certainly they're ****ed for land value just now but it will go back up over the next few years. Hopefully they're out the game by then.

lapsedhibee
04-12-2009, 03:20 PM

:wink:

greenginger
04-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Kickback's "will we go bust poll" now almost level pegging.

I wonder what has brought this dose of realism to the surface. Nearly half of them facing the facts, the other half no doubt writing letters to Santa Clause asking for a £40 million gift token. :greengrin :greengrin

Sergey
04-12-2009, 06:08 PM

I wonder what has brought this dose of realism to the surface. Nearly half of them facing the facts, the other half no doubt writing letters to Santa Clause asking for a £40 million gift token. :greengrin :greengrin

That thread is an absolute belter, but there are still a fair few :ostrich:'s who think they'll turn it around.

That club now has sod-all to do with football. They've been rimmed good and proper for millions.

What makes it even funnier is the fact that it's the fans cash he's pocketed.

:faf::faf:

GIRFUY

Bostonhibby
04-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Do our under cover guys really make up 50% of their membership :greengrin nearly said they can't be that thick!

Bostonhibby
04-12-2009, 08:44 PM
That's the funniest post I've read in ages, take a bow Sir.

I've been feeling crap with the flu all week but that's cheered me up no end.

If anyone knows how to remove snotters from my monitor and keyboard please drop me a PM.

Pleasure was all mine............

lapsedhibee
04-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Do our under cover guys really make up 50% of their membership :greengrin nearly said they can't be that thick!

Doubt whether there's as many as 200,000 undercover hobos in the general membership. But the hobo Mod is worth his weight in gold. :agree:

Bostonhibby
04-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Doubt whether there's as many as 200,000 undercover hobos in the general membership. But the hobo Mod is worth his weight in gold. :agree:

:faf:

Mibbes Aye
04-12-2009, 09:06 PM

:agree: Well said Mattie.

'Bout sums it up. The're lacking in dignity and honour, without a doubt.

Let's also not forget how they tried to screw hard-working den mothers out of money for nurturing their youth players. :bitchy:

Or how they bumped struggling lower-league teams for much-needed income, after robbing them of their players. :bitchy:

Or how they refused to give their employees their wages, repeatedly (regardless of what bills and direct debits they had to pay). :bitchy:

They have let everyone down. But most of all they've let themselves down :agree:.

It's no satisfaction to any of us to reflect on how pitiful and utterly lacking in self-respect they are.

degenerated
04-12-2009, 09:54 PM
:agree: Well said Mattie.

'Bout sums it up. The're lacking in dignity and honour, without a doubt.

Let's also not forget how they tried to screw hard-working den mothers out of money for nurturing their youth players. :bitchy:

Or how they bumped struggling lower-league teams for much-needed income, after robbing them of their players. :bitchy:

Or how they refused to give their employees their wages, repeatedly (regardless of what bills and direct debits they had to pay). :bitchy:

They have let everyone down. But most of all they've let themselves down :agree:.

It's no satisfaction to any of us to reflect on how pitiful and utterly lacking in self-respect they are.

speak for yer self :greengrin

One Day Soon
04-12-2009, 10:07 PM
You been reading up on accountancy theory since you retired? :wink::greengrin

No. He just has access to excellent financial analysis and experience.

Geo_1875
05-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I wonder why none of them raised an eyebrow when for 2 years in row the profit made by the bank owned by The Mad One was around the same amount that HoMoFC's net debt increased.

Barney McGrew
05-12-2009, 06:35 AM
I wonder why none of them raised an eyebrow when for 2 years in row the profit made by the bank owned by The Mad One was around the same amount that HoMoFC's net debt increased.

Because it's much easier to blame on jealous peg selling hobo economics than face up to the stark reality that they've been getting rogered in public by a dodgy Russian submariner for the last five years.

Bostonhibby
05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
From the Daily Mash.

Home Sport 'I THOUGHT I'D BOUGHT A CHAIN OF GARDEN CENTRES' - ROMANOV 'I THOUGHT I'D BOUGHT A CHAIN OF GARDEN CENTRES' - ROMANOV

HEART of Midlothian chairman Vladimir Romanov has admitted that he bought the club after a "catastrophic mistranslation" during a meeting in Edinburgh two years ago. After parting with a fiver The Lithuanian tycoon is now in discussions with his legal team and is certain to sell his majority shareholding.
Mr Romanov said: "I employed Graham Rix because, as far as I was aware, he had been assistant manager of Dobbies in Kinross."

"Then he starts phoning me up telling me that 'training had gone well' but that we 'needed a new playmaker, someone who could put their foot on the ball and control the pace of the game'. I thought he was a nutter so I sacked him.

"I then brought in one of my own people but within a fortnight he was sending me emails about an argument he was having with someone called Walter Smith over the availability of someone called Paul Hartley. I told everyone he had pneumonia and then shipped him off to a mental hospital near Vilnius.

"Now it turns out that Heart of Midlothian is not a medium sized chain of garden centres with branches in Bathgate, Dalkeith, Musselburgh and Galashiels, but is in fact a football club - one of the biggest in Scotland, if not the world.

"Well that's no use to me. I know nothing about football. But when it comes to running garden centres I'm a bloody genius. Organic, peat-free compost - two bags for a fiver. Freshly cut turf at three-fifty a square yard. That'll shift it."

HibbyAndy
05-12-2009, 08:16 AM
And now the end is near
Vlad is back behind the iron curtain

he has the deeds

shares, you have a few
Deans did what he wanted to

Believe?, we laughed so much we cried

For what is a club, what have they got?
if not a ground, then they'll have naught

by doing it Vlads Way

:top marks

Gave me a shiver right doon the neck.

Top ****ing drawer Sir !.

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2009, 09:30 AM
From the Daily Mash.

Home Sport 'I THOUGHT I'D BOUGHT A CHAIN OF GARDEN CENTRES' - ROMANOV 'I THOUGHT I'D BOUGHT A CHAIN OF GARDEN CENTRES' - ROMANOV

HEART of Midlothian chairman Vladimir Romanov has admitted that he bought the club after a "catastrophic mistranslation" during a meeting in Edinburgh two years ago. After parting with a fiver The Lithuanian tycoon is now in discussions with his legal team and is certain to sell his majority shareholding.
Mr Romanov said: "I employed Graham Rix because, as far as I was aware, he had been assistant manager of Dobbies in Kinross."

"Then he starts phoning me up telling me that 'training had gone well' but that we 'needed a new playmaker, someone who could put their foot on the ball and control the pace of the game'. I thought he was a nutter so I sacked him.

"I then brought in one of my own people but within a fortnight he was sending me emails about an argument he was having with someone called Walter Smith over the availability of someone called Paul Hartley. I told everyone he had pneumonia and then shipped him off to a mental hospital near Vilnius.

"Now it turns out that Heart of Midlothian is not a medium sized chain of garden centres with branches in Bathgate, Dalkeith, Musselburgh and Galashiels, but is in fact a football club - one of the biggest in Scotland, if not the world.

"Well that's no use to me. I know nothing about football. But when it comes to running garden centres I'm a bloody genius. Organic, peat-free compost - two bags for a fiver. Freshly cut turf at three-fifty a square yard. That'll shift it."

Jeez that's funny. :faf:

Kaiser1962
05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Hypothetical -Wonder what would happen if Vlad writes off debt in return for transferring ground to other Company/Ukio/Ubig. Wonder what then happens if HoMFC still saddled with £25 million debt put into Administration hence terminating agreement to rent ground. Surely ground would not then be developed into flats and retail outlet. :boo hoo:

:flag:

I'm sure someone somewhere said they couldnt go into administration. Cant remember who where or why but was quite conclusive.

Phil D. Rolls
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm sure someone somewhere said they couldnt go into administration. Cant remember who where or why but was quite conclusive.

Could you be a bit more vague please, there might be lawyers reading this. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Could you be a bit more vague please, there might be lawyers reading this. :greengrin

was probably hearts they were on about.

or it might have been a hallucination

maybe.............