PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United's loan players

RoxburghHibs
03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
With it looking like Dundee Utd and Hibs (and Motherwell) battling it out for 3rd place this season how long are their loan players contracted to the club?

I know Weaver leaves them at the end of this month (a big loss for them) and with Webster being on loan that would be another major loss for them.

Not sure I agree with loaning players from a club in your own league mind you, as Webster can play against all teams bar Rangers which desn't appear fair to me.

_hucks_
03-12-2009, 12:34 PM
With it looking like Dundee Utd and Hibs (and Motherwell) battling it out for 3rd place this season how long are their loan players contracted to the club?

I know Weaver leaves them at the end of this month (a big loss for them) and with Webster being on loan that would be another major loss for them.

Not sure I agree with loaning players from a club in your own league mind you, as Webster can play against all teams bar Rangers which desn't appear fair to me.

Webster is on loan until the end of the season I believe.

Edit: yup, says it here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8392603.stm, season long loan

RoxburghHibs
03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Webster is on loan until the end of the season I believe.

Edit: yup, says it here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/8392603.stm, season long loan

But with all Rangers problems surely they will recall him in January?

_hucks_
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Perhaps, but if there's been a fee for the loan involved, then they wouldnt be able to do it all that easily. Not that i know that theres a fee however, thats just pure speculation.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-12-2009, 12:57 PM

The goalie that is coming in to replace Weaver is a highly rated established international [Slovakian maybe?] and Weaver himself has said in the papers up here, that a player like that is not coming to Tannadice to sit on the bench. As for Webster, United have centre-halves to spare [ when they are all fit] so even if he went back to Ibrox now, I don't think it would be a huge loss. Not sure about the terms of his loan, but if Rangers have an option in it to recall him at notice, and they would rather field a 17 year old than have him back, that shows how much they rate him.

HFC 0-7
03-12-2009, 01:23 PM
The goalie that is coming in to replace Weaver is a highly rated established international [Slovakian maybe?] and Weaver himself has said in the papers up here, that a player like that is not coming to Tannadice to sit on the bench. As for Webster, United have centre-halves to spare [ when they are all fit] so even if he went back to Ibrox now, I don't think it would be a huge loss. Not sure about the terms of his loan, but if Rangers have an option in it to recall him at notice, and they would rather field a 17 year old than have him back, that shows how much they rate him.

I heard on the radio the other day that Rangers will ask for Webster back in january in the hope that Dundee Utd will try and make it permanent. The majority of Websters salary is still being paid by Rangers and they either want use out of him if they are paying his wages or get him off the wage bill by selling to Utd

Golden Bear
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
We could do with their right back (Moutaouakil), if he becomes available. He was outstanding against us at Fir Park.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/motherwell/8392955.stm

flash
03-12-2009, 02:55 PM
We could do with their right back (Moutaouakil), if he becomes available. He was outstanding against us at Fir Park.

I take it you are being sarcastic. The boy was caught out of position time and time again when we hammered them.

MacBean
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM

What you on about??

:singing:We're gonnae win the league, We're gonnae win the league, you're never gonnae believe it, you're never gonnae beleive it, you'r never gonnae believe it, we're gonnae win the league!:singing:

:flag::flag:

Woody1985
03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I heard on the radio the other day that Rangers will ask for Webster back in january in the hope that Dundee Utd will try and make it permanent. The majority of Websters salary is still being paid by Rangers and they either want use out of him if they are paying his wages or get him off the wage bill by selling to Utd

It would also force their hand at finding a replacement by taking away one of the closer teams players and potentially unsettling their defence.

Rangers can't lose in this situation.

Judas Iscariot
03-12-2009, 08:54 PM

View To A Kill :agree:

lucky
03-12-2009, 10:46 PM

I thought he played excellently against us at Fir park and would take in an instant to ER

Greentinted
03-12-2009, 10:54 PM

:agree: Don't think DU would be able to afford if the figures mooted are accurate (Reported that DU pay £1500 while Rangers are taking a weekly hit of £8500.)

Austinho
03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
When was the last time Hibs had a decent player on loan?

Seems to be working pretty well for Dundee United and Motherwell.

jgl07
03-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Gary Caldwell?

How would anyone know about recent loanees as none of them ever got a sniff of a run in the team.

Mon Dieu4
04-12-2009, 07:48 AM

Rocastle?

Maybe we should sign him in January :faf:

heretoday
04-12-2009, 08:58 AM
"Battling it out for third place?"

Puhleeeese!

We're going for the big one!

Craig_in_Prague
04-12-2009, 09:25 AM

I'm much rather Liam Miller, Stokes, Deek, Murray, Zouma, etc, were 'Hibs' players, and not on loan. :wink:

IWasThere2016
04-12-2009, 11:07 AM
:agree: Don't think DU would be able to afford if the figures mooted are accurate (Reported that DU pay £1500 while Rangers are taking a weekly hit of £8500.)

Arabs could NEVER afford Webster's current wage. No one outside the OF could get near to it.

He has been outstanding for them apparently - and he's scored a few also. I hope the Huns recall him tbh.

Danderhall Hibs
04-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Arabs could NEVER afford Webster's current wage. No one outside the OF could get near to it. He has been outstanding for me apparently - and he's scored a few also. I hope the Huns recall him tbh.

What's he been doing like? Some jobs around the house?

IWasThere2016
04-12-2009, 11:13 AM
What's he been doing like? Some jobs around the house?

:faf: sorted now

Danderhall Hibs
04-12-2009, 11:15 AM
:faf: sorted now

:aok: He‘s been a good signing for them. I can’t believe some thought he wasn’t good enough for Hibs when the idea was floated on here.

Cocaine&Caviar
04-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Motherwell's loans of Everton's John Ruddy and Jukewitz both end in January, could be big losses for them if they cant strike a new deal...

IWasThere2016
04-12-2009, 11:23 AM
:aok: He‘s been a good signing for them. I can’t believe some thought he wasn’t good enough for Hibs when the idea was floated on here.

Correct - has a touch of class about him IMHO. Ex-Yam or no .. :agree:

Andy74
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM

Yep, people were too quick to criticise the guy. He's a class player that needed football games to show it.

Franck is God
04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
If Webster became available in January or even next summer I'd like to see Hibs show an interest.

He is a top quality defender, he may have had a lot of injury problems in the past but for his and Scotland's sake I hope they are behind him.

IWasThere2016
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
If Webster became available in January or even next summer I'd like to see Hibs show an interest.

He is a top quality defender, he may have had a lot of injury problems in the past but for his and Scotland's sake I hope they are behind him.

He can't. Deal wi Arabs is season long with no break in January

Petrie's Tache
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
He can't. Deal wi Arabs is season long with no break in January

would have thought Rangers would have a clause, should someone want to buy him they can recall him? Seeing as how skintos they area at present.

IWasThere2016
05-12-2009, 03:50 PM
would have thought Rangers would have a clause, should someone want to buy him they can recall him? Seeing as how skintos they area at present.

Reliably informed there are no breaks in the terms