PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray on Hibs

number9dream
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8393168.stm

Andy Murray interview - gets asked a couple of Hibs questions at the end and obviously has no idea what's going on at ER.

God Petrie
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Hibs should really try and play up the connection with Murray by offering him free hospitality etc to try and get him seen around ER. Maybe invite him to East Mains and get him involved with the club.

Would really help build our profile and our reputation.

Don't really blame him for not keeping updated with Hibs too much considering his schedule must be pretty hectic.

Frazerbob
03-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I think Murray's support for Hibs has been exagerated over the years. He freely admits that he doesn't get to see the games very often due to him being all over the World with his "job". I've never even heard of him being at ER for a match since he became famous.

I remember on Soccer AM a few years ago, he claimed he was a Barca fan first and a Hibs fan 2nd and also remember his answer to being asked who his favourite Hibs player of all time was.............he couldn't even remember the name of the "French guy".

Part/Time Supporter
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Hibs should really try and play up the connection with Murray by offering him free hospitality etc to try and get him seen around ER. Maybe invite him to East Mains and get him involved with the club.

Don't really blame him for not keeping updated with Hibs too much considering his schedule must be pretty hectic.

The tennis "season" is all but 52 weeks a year. December is the only month without a major tournament of some description, but they have to keep in training as the Aussie Open is in early January. It's not as if there is an ATP tournament in Scotland either. I recall reading a few months ago that he went over a year without even going back to Dunblane.

His support of Hibs is largely due to the family link from his grandfather (Roy Erskine).

iwasthere1972
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I think Murray's support for Hibs has been exagerated over the years. He freely admits that he doesn't get to see the games very often due to him being all over the World with his "job". I've never even heard of him being at ER for a match since he became famous.

I remember on Soccer AM a few years ago, he claimed he was a Barca fan first and a Hibs fan 2nd and also remember his answer to being asked who his favourite Hibs player of all time was.............he couldn't even remember the name of the "French guy".

Gloryhunting Bassa. :agree:

Houchy
03-12-2009, 12:49 PM

Andy Murray interview - gets asked a couple of Hibs questions at the end and obviously has no idea what's going on at ER.

I don't know, I think that's a bit harsh. Granted he looked uncomfortable but for someone thats out of the country so much, and with tennis being his sport, i'd imagine that he doesn't get such a chance to keep as up to date as he would like. He did say "we've got a young team" and on being asked if we can win the league replied "well it's probably their best chance". Fair assessment I'd say?:agree:

On saying that, I remember him on soccer am a while back describing Le God as "the French bloke we had years ago that was quite good"!!!:grr: That really was unforgivable.:agree:

Bayern Bru
03-12-2009, 12:51 PM
On saying that, I remember him on soccer am a while back describing Le God as "the French bloke we had years ago that was quite good"!!!:grr: That really was unforgivable.:agree:

I always thought that was Marinkov or Fabrice Henry, because surely no-one would describe Sauzee as "that French bloke."

zlatan
03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
:hilarious

They just shouldn't bother him with it, he obviously just isn't that arsed about football.

I've seen Federer at Basle and Nadal at Real Madrid games on a few occasions so it's not as if he can't fit it into his schedule if he was that desperate, understandably he has more important things to worry about.

basehibby
03-12-2009, 01:26 PM

I think that's very harsh - he says he wants us to win the league and goes on to elaborate that although it's a tall order what with the OF etc, it's the best chance Hibs will have had for a long long time.

For someone who's been travelling the world constantly (only 4 days in Scotland in 2008 and first time home this year!) maintaining the super high focus that's required to get anywhere near the top of the tennis tree I wouldn't have been surprised if he had no idea of what's going on at ER at all.

On the contrary though, he obviously knows that Hibs are at the business end of the league and going well - even if he isn't spending every spare moment on Hibs.net or the Bounce, considering the non-existant exposure that Scottish football gets internationally I'd say it's obvious that Murray keeps an eye on what's going on at ER.

MacBean
03-12-2009, 01:31 PM

They just shouldn't bother him with it, he obviously just isn't that arsed about football.

I've seen Federer at Basle and Nadal at Real Madrid games on a few occasions so it's not as if he can't fit it into his schedule if he was that desperate, understandably he has more important things to worry about.

I always thought Nadal was a Real Mallorca fan!? im sure i read that somewhere?

Part/Time Supporter
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM

His uncle (Miguel Angel Nadal) played for Barca!

Frazerbob
03-12-2009, 01:41 PM

Think he was (he's from there IIRC) but his "other team" is Real Madrid. He's often "cought" on camera at their games. A bit like Robbie Williams and Port Vale!

number 27
03-12-2009, 01:42 PM

I think he was pretty good as a youngster. Did he not get offered a chance at Rangers :dunno:

He always seems to play a bit of keepy-uppy as part of his practice and I think he talks about football on blogs and whatnot.

I agree Hibs should think about trying to use the connection if possible. I'm sure if he was an OF fan there would be a lot more football stuff in the press regarding Murray.

Dashing Bob S
03-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I think that's very harsh - he says he wants us to win the league and goes on to elaborate that although it's a tall order what with the OF etc, it's the best chance Hibs will have had for a long long time.

For someone who's been travelling the world constantly (only 4 days in Scotland in 2008 and first time home this year!) maintaining the super high focus that's required to get anywhere near the top of the tennis tree I wouldn't have been surprised if he had no idea of what's going on at ER at all.

On the contrary though, he obviously knows that Hibs are at the business end of the league and going well - even if he isn't spending every spare moment on Hibs.net or the Bounce, considering the non-existant exposure that Scottish football gets internationally I'd say it's obvious that Murray keeps an eye on what's going on at ER.

Yes, people should get off the uber-fan high horse. I've had years, due to travel, work and personal circumstances, where I cared little about what was happening day-today or even week-to-week at Easter Road, other than a general feeling of goodwill towards the club and wanting them to do well and win every game. I've also had seasons where I've been obsessed with the Hibs to the point it's cost me career opportunities and probably even a marriage.

For many of us our circumstances and attitudes change over the years, ebbing and flowing, as does the level and type of our support. If anyone considers themselves to be a Hibs fan, then they are just that in my book. That identification is a personal/emotional contract you make with yourself, and not about playing to a gallery of pompous bores for whom everything about the club must be filtered through their own selfish egotistical lens.

duncs
03-12-2009, 01:43 PM
He's been posting on his twitter today saying he was meeting 'ex-Hibs keeper Alan Rough' and he's meeting Ian Murray this afternoon, 'love it' he's saying.

I think Jamie's a bigger fan but hey, it's still better than Ronnie Corbett and eh, well, um, ok I'll get back to you.

sleeping giant
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM

:top marks Great post

I thought he came across alright.:agree:
Wants us to win the league but knows it will be tough.

Whats wrong with that ?

Kato
03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Remember Stephen Hendry being interviewed after a Rangers Hearts game at Ibrox during which Rangers were given a goal despite a player being offside (shock).

Interviewer "What did you think of the offside decision, Stephen."

Plooky - "I don't know. I don't know much about football."

These guys aren't obliged to know anything other than their chosen sport.

I reckon it's good for Hibs to have "supporters" like Murray, whatever level of support that might be.

MacBean
03-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes, people should get off the uber-fan high horse. I've had years, due to travel, work and personal circumstances, where I cared little about what was happening day-today or even week-to-week at Easter Road, other than a general feeling of goodwill towards the club and wanting them to do well and win every game. I've also had seasons where I've been obsessed with the Hibs to the point it's cost me career opportunities and probably even a marriage.

For many of us our circumstances and attitudes change over the years, ebbing and flowing, as does the level and type of our support. If anyone considers themselves to be a Hibs fan, then they are just that in my book. That identification is a personal/emotional contract you make with yourself, and not about playing to a gallery of pompous bores for whom everything about the club must be filtered through their own selfish egotistical lens.

Although I'm young i can share some of what you are saying. I lived in India and was living there during our success in 2007 at the CIS cup final. I was obviously delighted when i heard hibs had won the CIS cup, but after that my attention went back to what mattered most where i was.

Before i went away to India i was a mad hibee like majority of us on here, ST, both kits, home made flags, other merchandise every year like you would expect, i lived and breathed hibs and spent a lot of time on here (although not posting that much - old username paulmc_hfc). Played for the hibs.net team in the first charity game at Tynie and was in love with the club. It was all to change when i went abroad!

Obviously Hibs got no mention in the Indian news etc so they "slipped my mind" for a year or so. I always kept an eye out for them and asked my old man what the scores were or how hibs are doing in the league when i called/emailed home. It wasnt a case of falling out of love with the club or losing interest in football/hibs i was so busy and my mind was elsewhere that you lose track of the things your attached to when your not experiencing them everyday. (and the fact i had to learn how to play blooming cricket!)

Now that i'm back, got my ST back and going to almost every game, re-registered on here, buying things from the club store left right and centre, i could not be any more enthusiastic and fanatic as a hibs fan.

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Was quite funny seeing him oot with the ma getting an iron board after the split with his burd.

He should get together with that Katherine Brown burd, she is hot!

jacomo
03-12-2009, 01:56 PM

:agree:

He's a Hibs fan. I'm a Murray fan.

Forza Fred
03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
[club. It was all to change when i went abroad![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Obviously Hibs got no mention in the Indian news etc so they "slipped my mind" for a year or so. I always kept an eye out for them and asked my old man what the scores were or how hibs are doing in the league when i called/emailed home. It wasnt a case of falling out of love with the club or losing interest in football/hibs i was so busy and my mind was elsewhere that you lose track of the things your attached to when your not experiencing them everyday.
IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!

Each to his own.

I moved to Australia 35 years ago, and I am aware of many like me, who think of Hibs every day of their lives. talk about them every day, sing about them every day and bore the living hell out of the locals every day.

Life may have taken them far from Easter Raod, but never ever would they suggest that they were 'too busy' for the HIbs.:confused:

jazzy7070
03-12-2009, 02:39 PM
http://twitter.com/ANDY_MURRAY his twitter:greengrin

erin go bragh
03-12-2009, 02:40 PM

remember reading it somewhere that hibs had gave both brothers a season ticket[sure it was when mcleish was in charge]
also remember a message of good luck[being played on the [i will call them speakers] before the dinepro game , wishing hibs all the best[from andy murray] if you are in the east you will no what its like:grr:cant hear much
just bits and pieces.
but i do think the op is being a bit harsh

MacBean
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
[club. It was all to change when i went abroad![/FONT]

Obviously Hibs got no mention in the Indian news etc so they "slipped my mind" for a year or so. I always kept an eye out for them and asked my old man what the scores were or how hibs are doing in the league when i called/emailed home. It wasnt a case of falling out of love with the club or losing interest in football/hibs i was so busy and my mind was elsewhere that you lose track of the things your attached to when your not experiencing them everyday.
[FONT=Arial]IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!

Each to his own.

I moved to Australia 35 years ago, and I am aware of many like me, who think of Hibs every day of their lives. talk about them every day, sing about them every day and bore the living hell out of the locals every day.

Life may have taken them far from Easter Raod, but never ever would they suggest that they were 'too busy' for the HIbs.:confused:

guess its more a case that I was living in the middle of nowhere with no internet access (except once a month when i went into the city) living on my own, surrounded by locals and no westerners, doing voluntary work with people who hardly spoke any english and lived in near extreme poverty.
I guess i had noone to bounce off or talk about anything really in depth so my interests completely changed in the time i was over there.

I left for India a week after the 1/2 final victory over Saints and my interests were still there until a few weeks after the final when i was frantically texting home to get the results, but as time went by, more important things (helping people living in poverty every day etc...) took over.

It may be a bit easier if i were living in a western society speaking English like yourself in Australia, as im sure i could get all the news i needed and speak to as many people as i wanted to about my team Hibernian, Instead i spent a lot of my time speaking about he Indian Batsman Rahul Dravid!

MacBean
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
http://twitter.com/ANDY_MURRAY his twitter:greengrin

can you quote it? :pray:

Kaiser1962
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Remember Stephen Hendry being interviewed after a Rangers Hearts game at Ibrox during which Rangers were given a goal despite a player being offside (shock).

Interviewer "What did you think of the offside decision, Stephen."

Plooky - "I don't know. I don't know much about football."

These guys aren't obliged to know anything other than their chosen sport.

I reckon it's good for Hibs to have "supporters" like Murray, whatever level of support that might be.

Agree. He could have said he had no idea, isnt interested or wasnt really a Hibs fan. He didnt.

CyberSauzee
03-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I always thought that was Marinkov or Fabrice Henry, because surely no-one would describe Sauzee as "that French bloke."

I'm sure it was a Setanta piece rather than Soccer AM, as I seem to recall Lovell asking him who is your favourite player. He did though reply along the lines of "I can't remember his name, the French guy who played at the back" !!

Berwickhibby
03-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Andy is deffo a Hibby, he is an honary member of Berwick and District Hibs Supporters Club and he sent me a signed tennis shirt to auction off at our Burns Night.

He as attended more games at ER than people think

jgl07
03-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought he was from Barcelona.

Attendance at Real Madrid is tantamount to treason.

zlatan
03-12-2009, 03:26 PM

Sadly it's true, was caught celebrating Real winning the league at the Bernabeu.

hibeeleicester
03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
andy murray on twitter -

Hibs player Ian murray joining in this afternoon. Love it.

Lets hope ian is no good at tennis we need to keep a hold of him:agree:

7Hero
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM

obvioulsy im presuming you dont think its a job, if i am wrong i apologise in advance but come on tae **** !!

He has dedicated his life to training every day, probably more training and strict living commitment than anybody on ths board can dream of, makes footballers look like lazy part timers yet you dont think its a "job".

2nd in the world at tennis, that takes some amount of commitment...

JimBHibees
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Jeezo give the guy a break. He is a world class sportsman who has a 12month schedule and has admitted and seems proud to being a Hibs fan, there was an excellent bit about him being a Hibby before one of his US Open games. Not sure he needs to be able to name the team to justify that.

ian cruise
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Sadly it's true, was caught celebrating Real winning the league at the Bernabeu.

from wiki

Rafael Nadal was born in Manacor (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Manacor), Majorca (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Majorca) to Sebastián Nadal and Ana María Parera. He has a younger sister named María Isabel. His uncle, Miguel Ángel Nadal (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Miguel_%C3%81ngel_Nadal), is a retired professional football (soccer) player, having played for RCD Mallorca (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/RCD_Mallorca), FC Barcelona (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/FC_Barcelona), and the Spanish national team (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Spain_national_football_team).[8] (http://www.hibs.net/message/#cite_note-times-7) Nadal supports football clubs Real Madrid (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Real_Madrid) and RCD Mallorca.[9] (http://www.hibs.net/message/#cite_note-8) Recognizing that Rafael had a natural talent for tennis, his other uncle, Toni Nadal (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Toni_Nadal), a former professional tennis player, introduced him to tennis when he was three years old. Toni Nadal has been coaching him ever since.

Frazerbob
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
obvioulsy im presuming you dont think its a job, if i am wrong i apologise in advance but come on tae **** !!

He has dedicated his life to training every day, probably more training and strict living commitment than anybody on ths board can dream of, makes footballers look like lazy part timers yet you dont think its a "job".

2nd in the world at tennis, that takes some amount of commitment...

Whoa there buddy. You've picked me up wrong.

Job was in inverted commas because it's not really a job like the rest of us have. I think it's great that he is acheiving so much and the entire country should be (and I think is) vewy pwoud of him.

I also think it's great that he is one of us. I don't think he's an "ubber fan" by any stretch of the imagination and from the interviews I've seen when questioned about Hibs, he obviously doesn't have his finger on the pulse. I have absolutely no problem with that. I'm just happy he is a Hibby.

I do however think the press make too much of it and probably shouldn't harp on about when they interview him, that's all.

One of the funniest things I've seen was in a strip of bars full of Tartan Army in Skopje after Macedonia had just gubbed Scotland watching Andy Murray in the US Open semi. "We're only here for the tennis, here for the tennis...." belting out of about a dozen rammed pubs!

Hakim Sar
03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Each to his own.

Absolutly spot on!!!! if I was lost on a desert island like tom hanks in castaway my main worries would be how to survive, my family and hibs. each to their own but if I lived in a country that had no exposure to hibs I'd... erm... Go on t'internet and get signed up to hibs interactive, I'd be on BBC every week for highlights and probably start a supporters club where I stayed.

Woody1985
03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
His uncle (Miguel Angel Nadal) played for Barca!

Is that his uncle! He was class in premier manager and had 4 and 3/4 stars. :faf:

Always signed on a free at the start of the season. :faf:

ginger_rice
03-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Was quite funny seeing him oot with the ma getting an iron board after the split with his burd.

He should get together with that Katherine Brown burd, she is hot!

You never know...they were at school together!

ginger_rice
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
His support of Hibs is largely due to the family link from his grandfather (Roy Erskine).

That's true, but the family firm also have a fair few Hibbies dotting around.

.Sean.
03-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Like getting chucked by that tidy wee bird he had :devil:

Bostonhibby
03-12-2009, 05:57 PM
He's been posting on his twitter today saying he was meeting 'ex-Hibs keeper Alan Rough' and he's meeting Ian Murray this afternoon, 'love it' he's saying.

I think Jamie's a bigger fan but hey, it's still better than Ronnie Corbett and eh, well, um, ok I'll get back to you.

:agree: or Fatty Foulkes & Eric Milligan :faf:

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 05:58 PM
In Andy's autobiography he goes on to tell how he grew up a massive hibs fan and followed the team when he was little and still to this day looks out for Hibs.

He regualry posts comments about Hibs on twitter and says we should be aimimg for 'some cups this year'.

Couldnt realy give a toss who he supports tho, he's a born winner and a certain major winner in the next year or two.

Frazerbob
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
I bet he's more of a Hibby than Yogi.

:wink::stirrer:

BEEJ
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
For many of us our circumstances and attitudes change over the years, ebbing and flowing, as does the level and type of our support. If anyone considers themselves to be a Hibs fan, then they are just that in my book.

That identification is a personal/emotional contract you make with yourself, and not about playing to a gallery of pompous bores for whom everything about the club must be filtered through their own selfish egotistical lens.
:agree: :top marks

.Sean.
03-12-2009, 08:33 PM
:agree: or Fatty Foulkes & Eric Milligan :faf:
I'll raise you Kenny Richie and Spotty Steven Hendry :faf:

Baader
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
I'll raise you Kenny Richie and Spotty Steven Hendry :faf:

I'll raise you Cicero and one of the guys oot ay The Wurzels! :faf:

Rory89
03-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Loving the criticism here, some people need any excuse to knock someone. I'll bet the guys criticising him would never go and live in Barcelona from a young age to follow their dream of being a tennis pro if it meant missing Hibs games. "Am I in the US Open semi final today? Ach let the other boy through I'm away to Fir Park to watch the cabbage" they would say.

I remember Russell Brand talking about this, how when he got quite well known people would say to him "I've never seen you at Upton Park before you got all famous". He said he would think "how would you know if you saw me or not if you didn't know me"?

If the average Hibs.net posters face was a smilie, it would be = :grr:.

Baw187
03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
In Andy's autobiography he goes on to tell how he grew up a massive hibs fan and followed the team when he was little and still to this day looks out for Hibs.

He regualry posts comments about Hibs on twitter and says we should be aimimg for 'some cups this year'.

Couldnt realy give a toss who he supports tho, he's a born winner and a certain major winner in the next year or two.

He's the best british tennis player in 70 odd years. He's done brilliant to keep himself up there with Federer and Nadal. Sometimes watching him, is like watching Hibs though !! He puts you through the ringer in some games!! An emotional rollercoaster.

The fact he's a Hibby is phenominal for someone with his international acclaim. Legend.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Definitely from Mallorca (he still lives there) and he supports Mallorca and Real Madrid, which is strange since I've heard that people from Mallorca apparently hate Real Madrid.

mentalhibee
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Delighted one of the worlds best tennis players is Scottish, all the better he's a hibee! Cant see anything wrong with what he says:notworthy:

ArabHibee
03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Loving the criticism here, some people need any excuse to knock someone. I'll bet the guys criticising him would never go and live in Barcelona from a young age to follow their dream of being a tennis pro if it meant missing Hibs games. "Am I in the US Open semi final today? Ach let the other boy through I'm away to Fir Park to watch the cabbage" they would say.

I remember Russell Brand talking about this, how when he got quite well known people would say to him "I've never seen you at Upton Park before you got all famous". He said he would think "how would you know if you saw me or not if you didn't know me"?

Russell Brand? Wouldn't p!ss on him if he was on fire, never mind listen to anything he had to say. Grade A tw@t.

.Sean.
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM

In fairness, I think the 'criticism' is a bit sarcastic, a bit light-hearted.

And what you're saying about him leaving for Barcelona at a young age and missing Hibs games in pursuit of his dream is a fair point, but Hibs do mean alot to some people, perhaps why some wouldn't call him a 'real fan' as he doesnt attend many games as people would like. I myself have turned down numerous opportunities to go to Australia for a lengthy period of time to work/see some of my Mothers family/meet aunties, cousins etc i've never even met, and have turned jobs down as i'd have had to do saturday shifts. All because i'd rather watch the Hibs.

I often question why, and I still havent found an answer :greengrin

.Sean.
03-12-2009, 10:25 PM
He's the best british tennis player in 70 odd years. He's done brilliant to keep himself up there with Federer and Nadal. Sometimes watching him, is like watching Hibs though !! He puts you through the ringer in some games!! An emotional rollercoaster.

The fact he's a Hibby is phenominal for someone with his international acclaim. Legend.
He's Scottish, i'm sure he'll tell you that himself.

Who is it he supports at the World Cups again :devil:

Sir David Gray
03-12-2009, 10:28 PM

I'm sure he'll tell you tomorrow after the draw's made. :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Anyone who has read his autobiography will know that Andy is a big Hibby. He's not shouting it from the rooftops these days as he's hardly been in Scotland for the last 5 years.

Sunny1875
04-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Let him get on with his tennis career and once he has retired i think hibs should then ask him to get involved ..... another winner at ER would not go amiss

7Hero
04-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Whoa there buddy. You've picked me up wrong.

no probs bob i though i mihgt have.

think we would all love his "job" wouldnt we
:greengrin

Baw187
04-12-2009, 07:32 AM

Not dissputing that. But by being Scottish, he is also British, and by being British, he is European, and by being Europen, he's an earthling !!

Currently he's the best British tennis player as he's the best the entire British isles have had in 70 years - the highest accolade I can besto on him.

Saying he's the best Scottish tennis player in 70 years isn't as big an achievement, now is it?!

MacBean
04-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Absolutly spot on!!!! if I was lost on a desert island like tom hanks in castaway my main worries would be how to survive, my family and hibs. each to their own but if I lived in a country that had no exposure to hibs I'd... erm... Go on t'internet and get signed up to hibs interactive, I'd be on BBC every week for highlights and probably start a supporters club where I stayed.

see my post on first page about how that is pretty much impossible from where i was!

basehibby
04-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Russell Brand? Wouldn't p!ss on him if he was on fire, never mind listen to anything he had to say. Grade A tw@t.

Aye - fair enough - but surely the erse pulling him up about his football credentials outdoes him on grounds of both erseholery AND grade A twattery :dunno:

basehibby
04-12-2009, 12:42 PM
In fairness, I think the 'criticism' is a bit sarcastic, a bit light-hearted.

And what you're saying about him leaving for Barcelona at a young age and missing Hibs games in pursuit of his dream is a fair point, but Hibs do mean alot to some people, perhaps why some wouldn't call him a 'real fan' as he doesnt attend many games as people would like. I myself have turned down numerous opportunities to go to Australia for a lengthy period of time to work/see some of my Mothers family/meet aunties, cousins etc i've never even met, and have turned jobs down as i'd have had to do saturday shifts. All because i'd rather watch the Hibs.

I often question why, and I still havent found an answer :greengrin

Sean - would like to say I admire you for the above but I don't - you've only got one life mate so get out there and enjoy it! - the Hibees will still be there when you get back.

Sir David Gray
04-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Sean - would like to say I admire you for the above but I don't - you've only got one life mate so get out there and enjoy it! - the Hibees will still be there when you get back.

I don't want to speak for .sean. but maybe he wouldn't enjoy his life as much if he wasn't going to watch Hibs every week.

Exiled Hibby
04-12-2009, 01:35 PM

yams should disregard this advice as the clock is ticking.....

Randerson_4
04-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Seem to remember him being at Everton training ground having a kick about with Moyes and (I think) Cahill and Osman. IIRC was to promote Davis Cup in Liverpool

Also heard about him being pretty decent at football, Rangers wanting to sign him etc

ginger_rice
04-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Not dissputing that. But by being Scottish, he is also British, and by being British, he is European, and by being Europen, he's an earthling !!

Currently he's the best British tennis player as he's the best the entire British isles have had in 70 years - the highest accolade I can besto on him.

Saying he's the best Scottish tennis player in 70 years isn't as big an achievement, now is it?!

The best British player in 70 years maybe, but he's the best Scottish one in 2009 years :devil::greengrin