PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Zemmama (merged)

passionatehibby
03-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Just read that lens and valenciennes are in for zemamma in January,add that to the increasing speculation about bamba's future I feel January could be an interesting month to say the least . I also have a sneaky feeling that a bid could come in for Riordan too.

If we are still near the top of the league when the transfer window opens, I sincerely hope that all bids would be politely refused until the end of the season .

What ever Rod decides to do - I hope he remembers it's the current team on the park that has brought back the 'feel good factor' to easter road.

Source for zemamma story - http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/9am-Briefing-French-sides-39looking.5875187.jp

Hibbyradge
03-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Firesale?

:wtf:

Woody1985
03-12-2009, 09:04 AM
There's an agent in the Sun today saying that Zemmama has some interest and could be away in January.

I don't know if he is Zouma's agent as it doesn't specifically say.

Hopefully he's here til at least the end of the season.

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2009, 09:04 AM
its the yambams that have firesales :cool2:

holyrood hibbie
03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
It wouldn't suprise me if Zemamma and Bamba go in January tbh. I mean Bamba's away for four weeks at the African cup so were going to loose or rock solid defender.

sambajustice
03-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Nah, I doubt it, Riordan could have went down south any time he felt like it and got big bucks. I just get the feeling he's just doing a Murray/Miller, ie made the big bucks and just happy to play first team football every week (for the team he supports no less) and to be scoring goals and adored by the fans. He'll not be on a bad wage either dont forget. He's definitely at an age where he could have a big move in him, i just dont think he would unless it was some ridiculous move to a Premiership club.

Zemmama - No doubt when he ticks, we tick! However how many times has that happened this season? Against United and Rangers? Also, Bamba, a rock that has easily dealt with Kyle and L. Miller in games but for me he's still a bit iffy at times, seems to climb all over folk while ending up on erse a lot of the time.

I dont think these guys will go elsewhere in Scotland, as no-one could afford them, not even celtic or Rangers, while teams down south will need a bit more convincing as they dont make rash signings like the old firm just because a player has had a couple of decent games!

Andy74
03-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Just read that lens and valenciennes are in for zemamma in January,add that to the increasing speculation about bamba's future I feel January could be an interesting month to say the least . I also have a sneaky feeling that a bid could come in for Riordan too.

If we are still near the top of the league when the transfer window opens, I sincerely hope that all bids would be politely refused until the end of the season .

What ever Rod decides to do - I hope he remembers it's the current team on the park that has brought back the 'feel good factor' to easter road.

Source for zemamma story - http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/9am-Briefing-French-sides-39looking.5875187.jp

Do you know what a firesale is?

Mon Dieu4
03-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Would be sheer stupidity to let him go in January, between the way he has been playing, loaning him out for a year & sorting out his families visa situation, he owes us one & should hopefully be here til at least the end of the season :agree:

passionatehibby
03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
It wouldn't suprise me if Zemamma and Bamba go in January tbh. I mean Bamba's away for four weeks at the African cup so were going to loose or rock solid defender.

I hope that does not turn out to be the case bud . You can see how important zemmamma is to the shape of our team. His style reminds me so much of latapy. I was not a fan of bamba when we signed him ( so glad I was proved wrong) but he's probabbly one of the best defenders currently playing in the spl . It would be crazy to break this team up right now,as a 2nd place finish come the end of the season is very possible with this current crop of players. I'd also be hoping yogi brings 1-2 players in mind you.

PaulSmith
03-12-2009, 09:25 AM

When have we ever had a firesale where we have been forced to sell our own players at rock bottom prices.

FACT - Cause we're doing well and have good players other teams will want to buy them.
FACT - Hibs and more importantly John Hughes will decide when we sell players
FACT- Hibs will, when they decide to sell, get top prices for our players and will re-invest a significant sum back into the playing squad.

See, FACT, capitals so it means its true.

passionatehibby
03-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Do you know what a firesale is?

Term used in the football fraternity if selling all your best players.

sambajustice
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM

At a knock down price...

Andy74
03-12-2009, 09:32 AM

Rubbish.

hibsbollah
03-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Zemmama - No doubt when he ticks, we tick! However how many times has that happened this season?

When he's been fit, every game i've seen:confused:

passionatehibby
03-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Rubbish.

Seems like your looking for an argument and trying to stir trouble mate.

You appear to be digressing from the issue of players who may or may not be leaving in January. My interpretation of 'firesale' obviously differs from yours. I have no doubt in my mind, that rod would try to get the best prices for players. It's the timing of selling the players that worries me. I guess we will just need to wait till January to see what prevails.

Andy74
03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Seems like your looking for an argument and trying to stir trouble mate.

You appear to be digressing from the issue of players who may or may not be leaving in January. My interpretation of 'firesale' obviously differs from yours. I have no doubt in my mind, that rod would try to get the best prices for players. It's the timing of selling the players that worries me. I guess we will just need to wait till January to see what prevails.

Not at all - you have used 'firesale' deliberately in your title to suggest that Hibs will be selling us short.

Your interpretation differs from mine because yours is wrong. Simple as that.

The term derives from the bargains to be had when someone has some fire damaged goods to sell or their property has been damaged by fire and they need to recoup some losses by selling goods fast and cheap.

Taken into football the term obviously doesn't mean literally the same thing but it does have to suggest that the club needs the money and will be selling cheap to get a quick sale. See Hearts for example. For a number of reasons it does not apply to us.

passionatehibby
03-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Not at all - you have used 'firesale' deliberately in your title to suggest that Hibs will be selling us short.

Your interpretation differs from mine because yours is wrong. Simple as that.

The term derives from the bargains to be had when someone has some fire damaged goods to sell or their property has been damaged by fire and they need to recoup some losses by selling goods fast and cheap.

Taken into football the term obviously doesn't mean literally the same thing but it does have to suggest that the club needs the money and will be selling cheap to get a quick sale. See Hearts for example. For a number of reasons it does not apply to us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_sale

Mikey
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Yogi lets him go if there's a decent offer received.

He won't want guys in his team who stop and argue with the linesman and ref when he's been tugged and completely ignore the fact that the ball's there to be played into the box. As happened on Saturday :wink:

I suspect his schoolboy antics every time there's a free kick outside the box don't help his case either.

Zemmama out and a couple of talented grafters in will probably suit him nicely.

Steve20
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Especially away from home, we create next to nothing when Zemmama is not playing.

Lose Zemmama and forget Europe. That's how important I think he is to our side this season.

Hank Schrader
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Especially away from home, we create next to nothing when Zemmama is not playing.

Lose Zemmama and forget Europe. That's how important I think he is to our side this season.

I would hate to lose him. I didn't think we would hold on to him much longer than the end of this season but I would be gutted if he went in January.

hibsbollah
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM

He won't want guys in his team who stop and argue with the linesman and ref when he's been tugged and completely ignore the fact that the ball's there to be played into the box. As happened on Saturday :wink:

I suspect his schoolboy antics every time there's a free kick outside the box don't help his case either.

:confused:What does he do? throw spit balls at the ref? scrump apples? Play conkers?

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM

We won’t be allowed 12 men though will we? :wink:

Seriously though it seems we don’t play if he doesn’t play – we need more than another grafter to replace him IMO.

Andy74
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM

Sorry, was that meant to prove me wrong in some way? :confused:

Woody1985
03-12-2009, 10:12 AM

Don't want to get dragged into this but you've just posted a link that backs up Andy's point on both the original definition and the sports definition.

The sports definition is along the same lines i.e. having to sell for financial reasons. It would also seem that the terminology in the Wiki (yes, Wiki!) relates to American sports.

BSEJVT
03-12-2009, 10:15 AM
The bottom line for dealing with any player we have on the books that we want to retain IMO, is can we get them to sign a new contract?

If the answer is no and they have market value, there is an optimum time for cashing in on them which ends no later than 12 months before their contract expires.

For that reason alone I would expect both Bamba and Zemmama to go in January if reasonable offers are forthcoming.

Before anyone gets too much on their high horse about selling players at this time, it might be as well to reflect that this is how we have managed to build the club and the team up to this level, by obtaining maximum return on assets before they lose value.

The trick will be in finding better replacements.

The fact that Bamba is by all accounts wholly disruptive and disliked by his fellow pro's makes his departure an easy one.

The fact that Zemmama although brilliant when on form, is only fit and on form about 10 times per season max, makes his potential departure easier to bear.

Everything about Yogi tells you he wants guys he can rely on to do it week in week out. With respect neither Bamba or Zemmama fall into that category.

BigKev
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Zemmamarama out - Arfield in :hmmm:

Mikey
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
:confused:What does he do? throw spit balls at the ref? scrump apples? Play conkers?

Grab the ball and insist he takes every one. Then pull a face if he doesn't get to.

we need more than another grafter to replace him IMO.

I think what I said was "talented grafter" :wink:

Bob1875
03-12-2009, 10:19 AM

Hopefully not!

Mikey
03-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Everything about Yogi tells you he wants guys he can rely on to do it week in week out. With respect neither Bamba or Zemmama fall into that category.

Spot on sir!

hibsbollah
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Grab the ball and insist he takes every one. Then pull a face if he doesn't get to.

:wink:

Oh no. Lets get rid of our most talented player because of his face-pulling:rolleyes:

I despair.

millarco
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM

Totally agree. He's the first name on the team sheet for me, the best and most important player we have. I know we won't be able to hold on to him past Januray, but I'd like to keep him til the end of the season, even if it means a reduced price in the summer.

Could easily be talking about Riordan/Benji/Stokes there.

RoslinInstHibby
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM

zouma out wotherspoon further forward, Barr at full back

lucky
03-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Bamba and zouma out Arfield and Barr in. Seems very reasonable to me.£1.5 for Bamba £500k for Zouma and get the two Scottish lads for £1m max and bank the other £1m towards the new stand or give it to Yogi in summer, Don't think we should bring in too many new faces in January as it unsettles the team

MrRobot
03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I'd like to think that Zemmama would stay to repay us for how we have treated him. We let him go for a season for personal reason and then took him back and gave him first team football when theres palyers like Galbraith that IMO deserve a chance.

Hope we keep him, but it would be a total disaster if we got a good price for him, got Galbraith palying, Wotherspoon further up, Arfied and Barr in.

Would rather keep Zemmama though.

Steve20
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Barr for Bamba is fine.

However, as much as I would like to see Arfield at Hibs, he is nowhere near as good as Zemmama.

Zemmama must stay until the end of the season unless Yogi has someone lined up who is going to create chances for us.

jdships
03-12-2009, 10:39 AM

Sorry old son.
You have just poeted a link which confirms Andy's "take" on a "firesale"

:rolleyes::bitchy:

sleeping giant
03-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh no. Lets get rid of our most talented player because of his face-pulling:rolleyes:

I despair.

:hilarious

I wouldnt be surprised to see bids for all 3 tbh.

I remember something when Riordan rejoined Hibs about another move for him after this.
SilverHibby (is that his name) has also mentioned he could have another move in him.

I love Zouma too but i can us selling him as i have a feeling he wont be signing a new contract.

The next two transfer windows will see a major clearout at ER i think.

basehibby
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
There's absolutely NO WAY that any offers for either Zemama or Riordan should be given the time of day in January unless the numbers involved are truly astronomical.

There is no debt problem at ER and no pressure to sell - hence Valenciennes or whoever should be told to GTF and start saving some more of their pennies to increase any offer in the summer.

PS - same with Bamba, only more so - tell any interested parties to come back after the WC Finals.

Andy74
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Sorry old son.
You have just poeted a link which confirms Andy's "take" on a "firesale"

:rolleyes::bitchy:

Of course the firesale reference now seems to have been removed from the thread title and original post rendering most of this pointless!

hibsbollah
03-12-2009, 10:51 AM
There's absolutely NO WAY that any offers for either Zemama or Riordan should be given the time of day in January unless the numbers involved are truly astronomical.

There is no debt problem at ER and no pressure to sell - hence Valenciennes or whoever should be told to GTF and start saving some more of their pennies to increase any offer in the summer.

:top marks
We're near the top of the table in December, one game off the lead. The team hasnt even played as well as they can do yet. Old firm in freefall. You don't sell players that are proven gamewinners in January. Thats not just lack of ambition, its vandalism.

jgl07
03-12-2009, 10:53 AM

A bit sweeping bearing in mind that he has missed half of the season so far through injury. Was not at least one of Hibs' away wins during his absence?

lapsedhibee
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I've got a fancy coal-effect gas fire that I don't really need as I've got plenty of jumpers to keep me warm. I'm under no financial pressure to sell the fire, as the running cost of jumpers is very low. Would it be a fire sale if I sold the fire, and if not what would it be? :confused:

EskbankHibby
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Hopefully Zemmama's agent just trying to get him a few hundred quid more on his new contract with us.

Think Bamba would be easier to replace imo, if we keep Zemmama fit he makes a huge difference to us creatively, scores goals and makes them, great wee player.

Arfield is nowhere near the player Zemmama is imo.

Bayern Bru
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Barr for Bamba is fine.

However, as much as I would like to see Arfield at Hibs, he is nowhere near as good as Zemmama.

Zemmama must stay until the end of the season unless Yogi has someone lined up who is going to create chances for us.

Arfield would be more consistent though, and his attitude is spot on. Less likely to pick up injuries, no complaining, and in my opinion, not as lightweight.

Different sort of player too in terms of style so you can't really compare the two exactly.

Steve20
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
A bit sweeping bearing in mind that he has missed half of the season so far through injury. Was not at least one of Hibs' away wins during his absence?

Yeah Falkirk away, where we won with 3 set pieces.

basehibby
03-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Bamba and zouma out Arfield and Barr in. Seems very reasonable to me.£1.5 for Bamba £500k for Zouma and get the two Scottish lads for £1m max and bank the other £1m towards the new stand or give it to Yogi in summer, Don't think we should bring in too many new faces in January as it unsettles the team

:crazy: Now THAT is what you call a firesale :bye:

Cocaine&Caviar
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Given the help that the club gave Zemmama with his visa troubles last year, instead of selling in January i think he owes the club a new contract signed, even if just to increase the fee we could recieve in the summer...

Golden Bear
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
We should prepare ourselves for a flood of scurrilous rumours from the weegie press in the run up to the transfer window.

Anything to upset the camp - don't you know that credible opposition to the gruesome twosome is just not permitted.

:rules:

sleeping giant
03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
We should prepare ourselves for a flood of scurrilous rumours from the weegie press in the run up to the transfer window.

Anything to upset the camp - don't you know that credible opposition to the gruesome twosome is just not permitted.

Yogi has said himself that the fans need to trust him as he may move on fans favourites . Cannae mind his exact words but they were along those lines.

ChrissyG1875
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/-Hughes-Hibs-have-no.5880319.jp

I have no doubt in my mind he will be here till at least the summer, especially after everything we have done for him.

smack
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
You've also got to remember that Rantic will be bidding for our players in January as well. The same thing happens every time a team threatens to challenge their 2 places at the top of the league. They think they can come along and weaken our team but Rod will send them packing this time.

Mon Dieu4
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
:top marks
We're near the top of the table in December, one game off the lead. The team hasnt even played as well as they can do yet. Old firm in freefall. You don't sell players that are proven gamewinners in January. Thats not just lack of ambition, its vandalism.

That is the most intelligent thing you have ever come out with :agree:

1875 NO 1
03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
The bottom line for dealing with any player we have on the books that we want to retain IMO, is can we get them to sign a new contract?

If the answer is no and they have market value, there is an optimum time for cashing in on them which ends no later than 12 months before their contract expires.

For that reason alone I would expect both Bamba and Zemmama to go in January if reasonable offers are forthcoming.

Before anyone gets too much on their high horse about selling players at this time, it might be as well to reflect that this is how we have managed to build the club and the team up to this level, by obtaining maximum return on assets before they lose value.

The fact that Bamba is by all accounts wholly disruptive and disliked by his fellow pro's makes his departure an easy one.

The fact that Zemmama although brilliant when on form, is only fit and on form about 10 times per season max, makes his potential departure easier to bear.

Spot on mate. Murray and the Deek left for what £150k in total. We should have got millions. Rod wont make the same mistake again.

Life goes on the key is to replace them. Danny Swanson has the skills but more dig and work rate than Zouma.

For all the praise Zouma gets and comparison ,by some, to Latapy. Zouma has very little end product and assists compared to Latapy. Latapy could win a game with a brief moment of majic.

Cropley10
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
:hilarious

I wouldnt be surprised to see bids for all 3 tbh.

I remember something when Riordan rejoined Hibs about another move for him after this.
SilverHibby (is that his name) has also mentioned he could have another move in him.

I love Zouma too but i can us selling him as i have a feeling he wont be signing a new contract.

The next two transfer windows will see a major clearout at ER i think.

Why wouldn't he sign a new, improved contract? It doesn't actually mean he can't leave before its expiry, rather he and Hibernian FC do better out of any sale - in fact he could have that written into his contract (something I believe both Stokes and Miller have already).

EskbankHibby
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
You've also got to remember that Rantic will be bidding for our players in January as well. The same thing happens every time a team threatens to challenge their 2 places at the top of the league. They think they can come along and weaken our team but Rod will send them packing this time.

Huns wont mate, they are potless.

Cropley10
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
I've got a fancy coal-effect gas fire that I don't really need as I've got plenty of jumpers to keep me warm. I'm under no financial pressure to sell the fire, as the running cost of jumpers is very low. Would it be a fire sale if I sold the fire, and if not what would it be? :confused:

The sale of a fire??

hibsbollah
03-12-2009, 11:51 AM
That is the most intelligent thing you have ever come out with :agree:

Its not hard to sound intelligent when some folk are suggesting selling him for half a million:faf:

Mon Dieu4
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Its not hard to sound intelligent when some folk are suggesting selling him for half a million:faf:

Dunno, I know for a fact Yogi doesnt like the way he ties his laces :agree:

sahib
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM

As a supporter, it is always easier to bear a player's departure, if you don't rate the player.

sleeping giant
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Why wouldn't he sign a new, improved contract? It doesn't actually mean he can't leave before its expiry, rather he and Hibernian FC do better out of any sale - in fact he could have that written into his contract (something I believe both Stokes and Miller have already).

I may be wrong but i'm sure i remember him being interviewed and asked if he would be signing a new deal.
He avoided the question and i got the feeling he would like to try elsewhere at the end of his contract.

Not saying i want him to go mind !!

sahib
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Given the help that the club gave Zemmama with his visa troubles last year, instead of selling in January i think he owes the club a new contract signed, even if just to increase the fee we could recieve in the summer...

Ever consider that the club were so accomodating because he was a valuable asset to them. Remember we invested a fair bit in him ( if figures on here can be trusted) by our standards.

BEEJ
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
:no way: Multiply by a factor of 2 or 3 - then add a sell-on clause.

:agree:

:The next two transfer windows will see a major clearout at ER i think.
Mmmm. That'll make a nice change down ER way!! :greengrin

Personally, I think the transfer activity next July / Aug will be lower at ER than it has been for a number of summers now.

basehibby
03-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Why bother with the weedgie press when we've got Hibs.net - I know it's just speculation but some of the posters on here would have arguably our best three players out the window in January for the sake of a few extra bob! :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM

He possibly wouldn't sign an extended contract because it could cost him money.

He could walk away for free in summer 2011 and pocket an entire signing on fee.

If he leaves in January Hibs would get the lion's share of the buying club's outlay and Zouma would pocket far less.

Being grateful to a club is one thing but bring hard cash into play and the picture soon changes.

Betty Boop
03-12-2009, 02:28 PM
According to Yogi in the Evening News, Zemamma is not for sale.

RIP
03-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Everyone is for sale

However exciting colourful players are not exactly ten a penny. You need more than just a team of 11 David Wotherspoons to get the punters in.

Ask my Cammy who his favourite players are at Hibs and Zouma and Bamba will be in his top 3.

We watch the team to be entertained, results to many of us are secondary

keep the faith
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Spot on mate. Murray and the Deek left for what £150k in total. We should have got millions. Rod wont make the same mistake again.

Life goes on the key is to replace them. Danny Swanson has the skills but more dig and work rate than Zouma.

For all the praise Zouma gets and comparison ,by some, to Latapy. Zouma has very little end product and assists compared to Latapy. Latapy could win a game with a brief moment of majic.

Danny Swanson would be a better bet the zemmama?????????????

That is unbelievable.

Zouma is the man who does make a difference and who does change a game.

We should be moving heaven and earth to keep him because for me he could easily play in the EPL. Sat was the first average game he has had for us in ages - and it was because he was coming back from injury.

Incidently I think Zouma should be doing the right thing here. Hibs were very supportive of his domestic problems last year and effectively wrote off a year of his contract, By signing a new contract he would be either showing some loyalty or making sure we get some money when he goes.

Riordans Boots
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM

Not according to what Yogi is saying today Mikey.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/-Hughes-Hibs-have-no.5880319.jp

scoopyboy
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM

That is unbelievable.

We should be moving heaven and earth to keep him because for me he could easily play in the EPL. Sat was the first average game he has had for us in ages - and it was because he was coming back from injury.

Incidently I think Zouma should be doing the right thing here. Hibs were very supportive of his domestic problems last year and effectively wrote off a year of his contract, By signing a new contract he would be either showing some loyalty or making sure we get some money when he goes.

Who says romance is dead. Nice idea but I doubt it will work out like that.

Woody1985
03-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Everyone is for sale

However exciting colourful players are not exactly ten a penny. You need more than just a team of 11 David Wotherspoons to get the punters in.

Ask my Cammy who his favourite players are at Hibs and Zouma and Bamba will be in his top 3.

We watch the team to be entertained, results to many of us are secondary

Piss off Tony. :greengrin

jgl07
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Well for starters Rangers will not be bidding for anyone in January as they are skint.

They may be looking to sign pre contracts but I don't think Hibs have anyone in that category.

Celtic are not much better off and maybe the board will be reluctant to give Mowbray access to funds in case they empty him at the end of the season. How much did he pay for Fortune?

Jim44
03-12-2009, 03:36 PM

£500K for Zemmama would put him perilously near the price tag Celtic would be able to afford for him. There have been lots of admiring posts about him on the Celtic messageboards over the past few months and I think Mowbray would love to get his paws on him........................hopefully we would rate him more a more valuable player than £500K and that we could avoid having to return to our wheeling and dealing with the ugly sisters

Craig_in_Prague
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Yogi is building something good at the club; sure, every player has his price, but quite frankly we're in a good position (on and off the field now), so any clubs that come sniffing about our players, better be prepared to pay way over odds for any player.
January is always a sellers market, so should there be silly offers, of course it's worth accepting........otherwise they can get tae. :bye:

We pay (or can) reasonably good money to players now, we're up near the top of the league, we have excellent training facilities, a manager with a vision (and is actually backing that up in reality), we have a good quality squad, a good stadium, and a hell of a lot more potential to build on what we have currently.........I suppose what I'm getting at, is we should be looking to retain players and start getting into Europe each year, we can and should get stronger as a club, and ultimately be a club players want to stay with.

the OF in particular can go whistle, not get any of our players - ever :grr:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I would rate Zouma at £3m. Unless that is offered he's no goin anywhere.:thumbsup:

lucky
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
How much do you value Zouma at ? He has only played in the middle east and SPL. He is very good on the ball but his work rate is questionble. There is no doubt that when he is fit and on form he is fantastic but very rarely is as such if we get more thab £500k RP will have done it again

PatHead
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I realise you are worried about Old Firm but don't rule out that other big club in Scotland. Everything is sorted now they have won a game away from home and if they move on the goal machine that is Nade they will have a large pie budget free to splash out on Zemamma!

hibsbollah
03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
How much do you value Zouma at ? He has only played in the middle east and SPL. He is very good on the ball but his work rate is questionble. There is no doubt that when he is fit and on form he is fantastic but very rarely is as such if we get more thab £500k RP will have done it again

He works as hard as anyone in the team:rolleyes: How anyone who watches Hibs regularly can say otherwise baffles me.

PatHead
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
As we don't have to sell wouldn't take less than 750k

Aldo
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Tin hat at the ready

but I personally think Zemmama is better than Scott Brown. ZZ for me makes us tick going forward etc runs shots and takes on people for fun.

i know Brown is a different type of player but we robbed Smellic blind...5.5 million wot a steal.

ZZ for me is worth that IMHO so if we are offered 3 i would probably take it.

Here we go.

:devil:

lapsedhibee
03-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Tin hat at the ready

but I personally think Zemmama is better than Scott Brown. ZZ for me makes us tick going forward etc runs shots and takes on people for fun.

i know Brown is a different type of player but we robbed Smellic blind...5.5 million wot a steal.

ZZ for me is worth that IMHO so if we are offered 3 i would probably take it.

Here we go.

:devil:

ZZ is worth £5.5m so you'd take £3m? :confused: I'm a bit hard up just now and need some ready cash - would you be interested in taking the Brooklyn Bridge off my hands? :dunno: I don't use it much now and it takes up a lot of room. :wink:

Hibs90
03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Zemmama is here till the end of the season at least. Deek is going NOWHERE. Bamba could be away.

PISTOL1875
03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Zemmama is here till the end of the season at least. Deek is going NOWHERE. Bamba could be away.

Any idea where Zemmama is going ??

After last night Bamba would walk straight into the Arsenal defence.....

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

hfc rd
03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Hibs did Zouma a massive favour last season, when we badly missed him, by letting him go on loan to Dubai so he could be with his wife and child. Surely he has some sense by signing a contract extension for a year or two. Just so he can repay the faith that Hibs give him last year.

Hibs90
03-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Any idea where Zemmama is going ??

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Nope, I'm just basing my guess on:

1. Zemmama said at the start of the season he was due Hibs a season after sending him out on loan on compassionate grounds.

2. Deeks no that daft, plus he's a Hibs fan. He's back scoring goals in the team he loves. Why would he want to leave?

3. I'd rather have Bamba in my team than Toure and Kompany. :agree:

PISTOL1875
03-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Nope, I'm just basing my guess on:

1. Zemmama said at the start of the season he was due Hibs a season after sending him out on loan on compassionate grounds.

2. Deeks no that daft, plus he's a Hibs fan. He's back scoring goals in the team he loves. Why would he want to leave?

3. I'd rather have Bamba in my team than Toure and Kompany. :agree:

Ok , I am just asking.. You may have had some inside info from somewhere...

What did you think about Wenger not shaking hands with Hughes at the end of the match ??

lapsedhibee
03-12-2009, 05:09 PM

You do realise that was Arsenal's reserve team that potential league champs Man City eventually managed to score against last night? :confused:

PISTOL1875
03-12-2009, 05:10 PM
You do realise that was Arsenal's reserve team that potential league champs Man City eventually managed to score against last night? :confused:

Yes.... And your point is ???

lapsedhibee
03-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Yes.... And your point is ???

Who would Bamba be replacing in Arsenal's first team defence then - Gallas or Vermaelen? Was Gallas or Vermaelen injured in a golfing/driving accident last night? Or were you not being serious? :confused:

PISTOL1875
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Who would Bamba be replacing in Arsenal's first team defence then - Gallas or Vermaelen? Was Gallas or Vermaelen injured in a golfing/driving accident last night? Or were you not being serious? :confused:

I was taking the mickey mate...........

lapsedhibee
03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I was taking the mickey mate...........

Oh right. Just that there were an awful lot of Man City players "walking straight into the Arsenal defence" last night, and then falling over claiming to have been fouled. That Adebayor was the best at it. :agree:

PISTOL1875
03-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh right. Just that there were an awful lot of Man City players "walking straight into the Arsenal defence" last night, and then falling over claiming to have been fouled. That Adebayor was the best at it. :agree:

So ??

Wotherspiniesta
03-12-2009, 05:30 PM
:hijack:

davym7062
03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Hibs did Zouma a massive favour last season, when we badly missed him, by letting him go on loan to Dubai so he could be with his wife and child. Surely he has some sense by signing a contract extension for a year or two. Just so he can repay the faith that Hibs give him last year.

zouma actually did hibs a favour, cause if he was at the club last season mixu might still be in charge:agree:

NOLA
03-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Lens would be a good move for Zouma if he was to leave, a big club in France.

whiskyhibby
03-12-2009, 06:12 PM

That is unbelievable.

Swanson isn't getting full games for DUFC, so how would he replace Zoumer?? :hilarious:hilarious

lumbo_hfc
03-12-2009, 06:46 PM
How long does Zemmama have left on his contract and what sort of fee do u think we would get for him?

Probs been said on this this thread before but cant be bothered reading it all!! :wink:

lumbo_hfc
03-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Swanson isn't getting full games for DUFC, so how would he replace Zoumer?? :hilarious:hilarious

Similar kind of player IMO, maybe not as a effective just yet, but he is still young

down-the-slope
03-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I think we might benefit from the Steven Fletcher effect....given his recent performances and the ridiculous fees for honking players down south then the SPL and Hibs in particular could once again be seen as a place to look and buy, and £3 million will now be seen as having been cheap. With the company Bamba is keeping in Ivory Coast squad he will get his head turned (and maybe tapped up)

RP will get his best poker face on when the time is right.

In Zemamma's case he should be kept to summer at least and longer if new contract can be sorted

Hibs90
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Similar kind of player IMO, maybe not as a effective just yet, but he is still young

Swansons a winger, Zouma isn't. Zouma is ten times the player Swanson is. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Zemamma's a great wee player, although i dont think we will get anywhere near the £3m and upwards i see posted on here. £1.2m maybe £1.5m tops imho. I cant see him going to England, thats were the stupid money is.

lumbo_hfc
03-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Swansons a winger, Zouma isn't. Zouma is ten times the player Swanson is. :agree:

Where does Zemmama play like? He has played on the right everytime he has played this season apart from what it looked like on saturday he was playing more centrally(whether he was meant to be i dont know) and was very ineffective!! i know he has played in the centre before and played well, whos to say Danny couldnt play behind the forwards and be influential? and he is 4 years younger than Zemmama! I would take him at hibs anyway!

IWasThere2016
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM

I agree :top marks

keep the faith
03-12-2009, 09:58 PM

:tee hee: Swanson is not in the same league as Zemmama.

If zemmamma was at another British club there is not a hope we would be able to afford him.

He is the most talented player at the club by a mile.

silverhibee
03-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I agree :top marks

:cool2::cool2::thumbsup:

VegasHibby
04-12-2009, 12:20 AM
We're going to have to get used to alot of transfer speculations with a few of our players not just Zouma and Bamba.

joe_hfc
04-12-2009, 12:27 AM
If we're still up there by mid-January, i'd be very dissapointed to see anybody leave. If Zemmama and Bamba want to move, then fine, they can move in the Summer. This season has the opportunity to be special.With a bit of luck, a couple of quality signings and with Bamba and Zemmama playing their erses off for the second half of the season in order to win a move to France/England, we could have a very interesting season. Don't get me wrong the odds will still be against us, but it's the best chance we've has in a long time to cause some upset in Glasgow. Let's not **** this up buy unsettling a team showing such potential :notworthy:

Removed
04-12-2009, 12:46 AM
If we're still up there by mid-January, i'd be very dissapointed to see anybody leave. If Zemmama and Bamba want to move, then fine, they can move in the Summer. This season has the opportunity to be special.With a bit of luck, a couple of quality signings and with Bamba and Zemmama playing their erses off for the second half of the season in order to win a move to France/England, we could have a very interesting season. Don't get me wrong the odds will still be against us, but it's the best chance we've has in a long time to cause some upset in Glasgow. Let's not **** this up buy unsettling a team showing such potential :notworthy:

:agree: :agree: :agree:

.......but we all know the normal Hibs script. Fingers crossed this season it'll be different :pray:

Jim44
04-12-2009, 07:24 AM
While encouraging his players to 'stick around' for a potential golden era, Hughes says he is delighted with all the transfer talk.................evidence of our success. Says he won't stand in the way of anyone wanting to move on to 'bigger things'. That's a synopsis of what he says in the Scotsman this morning. I think he's inviting offers with this talk and it might backfire on us. :dunno:

marinello59
04-12-2009, 07:37 AM
While encouraging his players to 'stick around' for a potential golden era, Hughes says he is delighted with all the transfer talk.................evidence of our success. Says he won't stand in the way of anyone wanting to move on to 'bigger things'. That's a synopsis of what he says in the Scotsman this morning. I think he's inviting offers with this talk and it might backfire on us. :dunno:

I didn't read it that way at all, he is just making the right noises to match the reality of the situation. If a player can treble his wages elsewhere and wants to leave it barely matters whether Yogi stands in their way or not.

Mon Dieu4
04-12-2009, 10:26 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-I-owe-the-club.5884701.jp

:agree::agree::agree: good on him

Hibs: I owe the club too much to leave now, says Merouane Zemmama
MEROUANE ZEMMAMA today insisted he had no intention of pushing for an early release from Easter Road, telling Hibs fans: "I owe this club too much."

The little Moroccan star admitted to being surprised at a report claiming a host of clubs across Europe were on his trail – including French outfits Valenciennes and Lens – hoping to capture his signature during next month's transfer window.

But the midfield ace moved quickly to allay fears among the Hibs support that he was seeking a move by stressing he had every intention of fulfilling the remaining 18 months of his contract.

And Zemmama underlined his commitment to the Capital club by pointing out how they had fought his corner during an acrimonious row with his former side Raja Casablanca following his arrival in Edinburgh.

The bond between player and club was strengthened even further by the compassion Zemmama was shown in being allowed to leave on a season-long loan to the United Arab Emirates to be with his newly-wed wife Zenib as Hibs negotiated Home Office red tape to allow her and their infant son Mehdi to join him in Edinburgh.

He said: "I heard these reports but I don't know anything about them, I am happy here. I have a long contract, 18 months to run, and I am focused on Hibs, nothing else.

"This club means a lot to me, I became a professional football player here, they have helped me overcome some problems and shown great kindness to me, Zenib and Mehdi.

"I will always be grateful for that and my aim is to give them everything I have.

"I won't be knocking on the manager's door saying I want to go, I am staying."

Zemmama's declaration will be music to the ears of boss John Hughes who, in any case, had already stated his determination to retain the playmaker's services although he admitted interest in his players from elsewhere was a sign of a team doing well.

Insisting the impending transfer window holds no fears for him, Hughes said: "I would be worried if they were not coming in for my players. If there is interest it tells me they are at the top of their form, keeping on track for where we want to go."

Hughes recognises that players, particularly those whose contracts expire at the end of the season, are entitled to seek the best possible deal they can but he added: "I want guys here who are 100 per cent committed to the cause. If they can go and find themselves something else and treble their wages, then I wouldn't stand in their way.

"I want guys here who have a great pride in the club, who love the city and who want to try and win something here.

"That's my ambition and I need everyone in that dressing room to have that vision. It is when you are up there winning football matches and winning trophies that you attract the attention."

Betty Boop
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM

MEROUANE ZEMMAMA today insisted he had no intention of pushing for an early release from Easter Road, telling Hibs fans: "I owe this club too much."

The little Moroccan star admitted to being surprised at a report claiming a host of clubs across Europe were on his trail – including French outfits Valenciennes and Lens – hoping to capture his signature during next month's transfer window.

But the midfield ace moved quickly to allay fears among the Hibs support that he was seeking a move by stressing he had every intention of fulfilling the remaining 18 months of his contract.

And Zemmama underlined his commitment to the Capital club by pointing out how they had fought his corner during an acrimonious row with his former side Raja Casablanca following his arrival in Edinburgh.

The bond between player and club was strengthened even further by the compassion Zemmama was shown in being allowed to leave on a season-long loan to the United Arab Emirates to be with his newly-wed wife Zenib as Hibs negotiated Home Office red tape to allow her and their infant son Mehdi to join him in Edinburgh.

He said: "I heard these reports but I don't know anything about them, I am happy here. I have a long contract, 18 months to run, and I am focused on Hibs, nothing else.

"This club means a lot to me, I became a professional football player here, they have helped me overcome some problems and shown great kindness to me, Zenib and Mehdi.

"I will always be grateful for that and my aim is to give them everything I have.

Zemmama's declaration will be music to the ears of boss John Hughes who, in any case, had already stated his determination to retain the playmaker's services although he admitted interest in his players from elsewhere was a sign of a team doing well.

Insisting the impending transfer window holds no fears for him, Hughes said: "I would be worried if they were not coming in for my players. If there is interest it tells me they are at the top of their form, keeping on track for where we want to go."

Hughes recognises that players, particularly those whose contracts expire at the end of the season, are entitled to seek the best possible deal they can but he added: "I want guys here who are 100 per cent committed to the cause. If they can go and find themselves something else and treble their wages, then I wouldn't stand in their way.

"I want guys here who have a great pride in the club, who love the city and who want to try and win something here.

"That's my ambition and I need everyone in that dressing room to have that vision. It is when you are up there winning football matches and winning trophies that you attract the attention."

What a star! :love ya!:

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Great news for now, but i dont think the club will let his contract run out. So unless he signs a new one, i expect him to leave in the summer. Hopefully with a cup medal in his pocket.:wink:

basehibby
04-12-2009, 11:04 AM

Zemama in most games he's played this season has been the player that makes the difference to our team - between them being a good solid side who can expect to finish top six or being an exceptional (in terms of the SPL) side who can push the OF for the top spots.

How much do you think that's worth? I'm not sure but I know I'd measure it in millions rather than thousands.

In the end though the worth of any player is a factor of how much someone is willing to pay together with how much his employers are prepared to let him go for. At the moment I would think that regardless of the former, 500K is a small fraction of the latter - he's a key player for us and if he was let go for half a million in January, I for one would be down ER in a flash demanding those responsible's heads on a stick :grr::grr::grr:

Don't think for a moment that would happen though and for your own safety I think you should be glad you're not in such a decision making position at ER :greengrin

Jim44
04-12-2009, 12:41 PM

I didn't read it that way at all, he is just making the right noises to match the reality of the situation. If a player can treble his wages elsewhere and wants to leave it barely matters whether Yogi stands in their way or not.

I didn't mean that Hughes was actively inviting offers, by the way. I just thought that this kind of talk would encourage clubs to make unwanted moves for our players. It's academic now as Zemmama, thank God, has put a lid on the matter.

hibsbollah
04-12-2009, 04:30 PM

:fez::top marksZemmama :scarf::thumbsup:

silverhibee
04-12-2009, 10:30 PM
We're going to have to get used to alot of transfer speculations with a few of our players not just Zouma and Bamba.

Riordan and Murray may be two players that come in to that bracket.:boo hoo:

Westie1875
04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Riordan and Murray may be two players that come in to that bracket.:boo hoo:

Hibs need to sort out both of their contracts very soon to avoid that.

poolman
04-12-2009, 11:45 PM

Deary me :bitchy:

joe_hfc
05-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Deary me :bitchy:

exactly. 3 million for each at least :wink:

God Petrie
05-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Zemmama is an absolute hero.

Hibernian Verse
05-12-2009, 07:55 AM
I would rate Zouma at £3m. Unless that is offered he's no goin anywhere.:thumbsup:

People will read and think no chance to that kind of money, but we're in the kind of position (and we have the kind of chairman) who will barter up to that price because we have no need to sell. Whether he is sold for that price is irrelevant, Petrie won't let him go for 500k :agree:

MrSmith
05-12-2009, 08:20 AM
People will read and think no chance to that kind of money, but we're in the kind of position (and we have the kind of chairman) who will barter up to that price because we have no need to sell. Whether he is sold for that price is irrelevant, Petrie won't let him go for 500k :agree:

To me Zemmama is the type of player that will be sold on from another team for around £10million. Fletch is doing well down south in a not so god team but I'l bet his stock hsas at least doubled becuse he is scoring and assisting!

Fantic
05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
To me Zemmama is the type of player that will be sold on from another team for around £10million. Fletch is doing well down south in a not so god team but I'l bet his stock hsas at least doubled becuse he is scoring and assisting!

This is just getting ridiculous now.

hibsbollah
05-12-2009, 09:07 AM
This is just getting ridiculous now.

Not ridiculous at all. Its about what a buyer is willing to pay.

cad
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Financially Bamba & Zouma are worth ££££££££££££££££
Bamba with a good African Nations and World Cup your talking lots of money.
Zouma an extended contract for another year ,if X amount comes in before the contracts up the Wee man can go ,if he gives the same loyalty that we showed him Im happy with that ,make us some cash and further his carreer on a bigger stage ,a Scottish cup win would be nice before he went likes .

GGTTH:flag::flag:

mim
05-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Zouma is a young man and worth at least as much as Fletcher.

MrSmith
05-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Zemmama is a phenomenal young talent and is worth a fortune! worth more to me keeping him at Hibs but he will move and some team will get the best from him! don't talk his value down because it is simple to see the quality and talent he posesses!! :)

sesoim
05-12-2009, 02:10 PM

If you enjoyed watching Mixu style football, that would be ideal. We'd stop creating chances and finish 6th.

sesoim
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Zouma is a young man and worth at least as much as Fletcher.

While I do thing Zemmama is a much better player, I doubt anybody would pay more than £2M for him. If he is contract is starting to run out Hibs will have to take a decent offer.

Hopefully Hughes will have a couple of creative replacements in mind, although I'd spend some of the money on a RB or LB to release Murray or Wotherspoon into midfield.