PDA

View Full Version : who has the best fans in scottish football?

hibee-shtuggie
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
funny to see now the dwindling crowds at ibrox and celtic park due to the old firms recent poor results, shows their fans to be right glory hunting bar stewards.....but we knew that anyway didnt we. also nice to see rising attendances at ER again after they dwindled during mixus campaign(cant really blame some people when we were used to the football under JC and TM). hearts with dwindling support as well. who do you reckon has the most consistent and loyal supporters in scottish football, who is the real "thick and thin" mob, who makes the most noise at games... i really dont know how to call it...

Minder
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
East Stirling, Arbroath, Queens Park etc. True Supporters. Nae Politics, snobbery or glory.

hibee-shtuggie
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
East Stirling, Arbroath, Queens Park etc. True Supporters. Nae Politics, snobbery or glory.

yeah i though there would be a lot of lower league teams being mentioned here, you do really have to take your hats of to these people

Sylar
02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Forfar, East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers, Ross County etc?

These guys travel the width and breadth of the country and it's irrespective of whether or not they're winning, losing or conceding goals left, right and centre.

They watch their teams, ritualistically, without any real concern about how much money, how many trophies or who has the best this, that and the next thing.

judas
02-12-2009, 09:22 PM

Agreed.

They are the real deal.

Hainan Hibs
02-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Got to be East Stirlingshire fans after that period of seasons when they couldn't buy a point.

Rory89
02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Forfar, East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers, Ross County etc?

These guys travel the width and breadth of the country and it's irrespective of whether or not they're winning, losing or conceding goals left, right and centre.

They watch their teams, ritualistically, without any real concern about how much money, how many trophies or who has the best this, that and the next thing.

True, although I knew an East Stirlingshire fan and in the same way that Old Firm fans lord it up over everyone because of their (once) superior squads, this guy actually had quite a smug attitude about supporting such a gash team. As far as he was concerned he was what football was about, and even if you watched Hibs home and away you could never match his commitment to the game. Not all lower league fans are like this, but some are I'm afraid.

In the SPL all I can say is it definitely isn't us, win a game and we have 3000 away fans next week, lose and it's only 1000. Our away support at St Mirren was typical Hibs, fair play to anyone who went but it was a smaller crowd than a team in our position should bring, all because of massive hurdles in the way like "it was raining" or "I didn't know if it was all ticket or not". :rolleyes:

Don't know about lower league but in the SPL the best fans as a whole would be the usual bottom six sides, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Hamilton, Falkirk and St Johnstone. Their supports just don't seem to go up or down at all, any gloryhunters gave up years ago. These teams seem to get the same crowds if they're in 3rd or 12th, so even though the numbers are ***** fair play to anyone who follows them regularly.

WindyMiller
02-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I work in the Weege and have a couple of Jag supporting colleagues.
They could have taken the easy route and followed a team according to their religion/s, but fair play to them. For some reason they both hate the Hertz.:thumbsup:

Antifa Hibs
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
East Stirling, Arbroath etc etc, *** nonsense. How does it make them the best fans just because they follow their local team like I do, like Rangers fans do, like Celtic fans do, like Hearts fans do, like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, and fans all over the globe do.

A Hibs fan goes to every game including away trips, so does a Queens Park fan, yet the Queens fan is a bigger fan, more dedicated yadda yadda just because his local team is a diddy club? Bollocks.

There's such just thing as one set of best fans, every fan up and down Scotland and the UK who goes week in week out gets my respect, regardless of whom they support.

Generally best away support for noise, numbers. Just now, Celtic. Best home support for noise..? Honestly can't say there is one, they are all pesh? Dundee Utd maybe..?

The rest though, nah, not having it.

Dr What If?
02-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Last season Ross County had an average attendance of 2,164. The population of Dingwall is only 5,000. They must have the largest support (per head of population) of any club in the UK.
As for best fans? No idea, never seen them.

MWHIBBIES
02-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't know much about lower leauge fans but aberdeen fans were realy good at easter road this season.

VegasHibby
03-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Last season Ross County had an average attendance of 2,164. The population of Dingwall is only 5,000. They must have the largest support (per head of population) of any club in the UK.

That is quite a statistic. Around 40% or so !

deek
03-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Who actually cares? I support the Hibees and care not a jot what other fans think of it. So why should I care the other way.

southern hibby
03-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I would say the true supporter is the one who lives breathes and ****s their team irrespective of what team it is.

I'm working at the moment 3000 miles (Give or take the odd 500 miles) from Easter Road and I love Hibs Like only a fan (that isn't a glory hunter) can understand. This makes me no more special than someone 2 miles from Easter Road and on the other hand does it make him more of a supporter because he can go to all the games and unfortunately I cannot.

I respect all genuine fans from all teams around the world and would say to each and everyone of you, God bless Edinburgh Hibernian Football Club and ALL WHO SUPPORT HER.

Next pint I have, i'll have it in the name of true supporters world wide.

Sylar
03-12-2009, 08:17 AM
East Stirling, Arbroath etc etc, *** nonsense. How does it make them the best fans just because they follow their local team like I do, like Rangers fans do, like Celtic fans do, like Hearts fans do, like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, and fans all over the globe do.

A Hibs fan goes to every game including away trips, so does a Queens Park fan, yet the Queens fan is a bigger fan, more dedicated yadda yadda just because his local team is a diddy club? Bollocks.

There's such just thing as one set of best fans, every fan up and down Scotland and the UK who goes week in week out gets my respect, regardless of whom they support.

Generally best away support for noise, numbers. Just now, Celtic. Best home support for noise..? Honestly can't say there is one, they are all pesh? Dundee Utd maybe..?

It's maybe just because it's so early in the morning, but could you please point me in the direction of the post which suggests these fans are the best in Scotland due to supporting their local clubs? I see plenty of arguments in support of following a pish team, or travelling vast distances, but nothing about locality.

With Scotland being so small, and their being too many clubs in "professional" leagues, the "local" argument isn't valid, I agree.

Rory: I know a few "lower league" fans who fit that description - it is indeed the other side of the coin!

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
funny to see now the dwindling crowds at ibrox and celtic park due to the old firms recent poor results, shows their fans to be right glory hunting bar stewards.....but we knew that anyway didnt we. also nice to see rising attendances at ER again after they dwindled during mixus campaign(cant really blame some people when we were used to the football under JC and TM). hearts with dwindling support as well. who do you reckon has the most consistent and loyal supporters in scottish football, who is the real "thick and thin" mob, who makes the most noise at games... i really dont know how to call it...

I'd just like to pick you up on that Glory Hunting point if I may.

In 1997, Rangers won 9 leagues in a row and also spent a fortune on Gattuso, Porinni, Negri, Thern, Amoruso and were being lauded from teh highest heavens. They were full of their pomp.

Celtic, meantime, saw Paul McStay retire through injury, had no manager, had an unpopular chief exec in Jock Brown, had sold their best players in Van Hooijdonk, Di Canio and Cadte. It looked bleak, however...we still sodl all our season tickets. We also chipped into the most successful club share issue ever.

Of course Celtic have glory hunters in the support - I know ppemnty of them, but to say we are unique in that respect is pretty wide of the mark.

EVERY club has its glory hunters, none more so than some of the clubs you mention as you only have to look at the scramble for tickets when they get to a cup final.

I'll also not go into the Hibs turn out at your Semi final against Hearts.

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2009, 08:44 AM

What was it?

How many do Celtic take to semi finals? Never sell out Hampden as far as I remember (unless against Rangers of course) and interestingly always want more than 1/2 for the final. How does that work?

Captain Trips
03-12-2009, 08:46 AM

In 1997, Rangers won 9 leagues in a row and also spent a fortune on Gattuso, Porinni, Negri, Thern, Amoruso and were being lauded from teh highest heavens. They were full of their pomp.

Celtic, meantime, saw Paul McStay retire through injury, had no manager, had an unpopular chief exec in Jock Brown, had sold their best players in Van Hooijdonk, Di Canio and Cadte. It looked bleak, however...we still sodl all our season tickets. We also chipped into the most successful club share issue ever.

Of course Celtic have glory hunters in the support - I know ppemnty of them, but to say we are unique in that respect is pretty wide of the mark.

EVERY club has its glory hunters, none more so than some of the clubs you mention as you only have to look at the scramble for tickets when they get to a cup final.

You are right Jack I would say that all clubs have their Glory hunters, what I think has the support of other clubs scratching their head is the tag that Celtic fans get as "the greatest fans in the world".

Now I am not saying you have stated that but for me your support is no better than any other team, the % of seats empty when not doing so well or the game is deemed not important should never be case for that sort of tag to even be used.

Now you said above about how you sold all those players etc however your season tickets were sold still on the basis of finishing up there and winning some cups.

MacBean
03-12-2009, 09:11 AM

:top marks

MacBean
03-12-2009, 09:12 AM

what about Burnley? they cant be far off!?

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 09:14 AM
You are right Jack I would say that all clubs have their Glory hunters, what I think has the support of other clubs scratching their head is the tag that Celtic fans get as "the greatest fans in the world".

Now I am not saying you have stated that but for me your support is no better than any other team, the % of seats empty when not doing so well or the game is deemed not important should never be case for that sort of tag to even be used.

Now you said above about how you sold all those players etc however your season tickets were sold still on the basis of finishing up there and winning some cups.

Idon't know any Celtic fan who really belives that, but how I think it grew arms and legs was the fact that after seville, both UEFA and FIFA gave the celtic Support a "Fair Play" award.

This has led IMO to a morbid like fascination among some as to the size of the Celtic support - for instance, we have a 20 odd post thread on here on the size of our support at the game last night!!! its not the first either.

I remember an idiot St Mirren fan saying to me after we played Bayern in Munich in Sept 2003 "Aye ah see yir GFITW couldnae see oot yer allocation fir Munich"

We sent back 5,000 of a 20,000 allocation. :greengrin

MacBean
03-12-2009, 09:18 AM

I cant say ive ever seen a semi (unless against the huns) that Celtic have sold out thier allocation.

Look at the semi vs D Utd a couple of years ago!?

MyJo
03-12-2009, 09:19 AM
This has led IMO to a morbid like fascination among some as to the size of the Celtic support - for instance, we have a 20 odd post thread on here on the size of our support at the game last night!!! its not the first either.

:yawn: change the record.....or better yet stop hanging around on the messageboards of other teams thinking we give a flying one about Septic, you or your opinions

Captain Trips
03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Idon't know any Celtic fan who really belives that, but how I think it grew arms and legs was the fact that after seville, both UEFA and FIFA gave the celtic Support a "Fair Play" award.

I remember an idiot St Mirren fan saying to me after we played Bayern in Munich in Sept 2003 "Aye ah see yir GFITW couldnae see oot yer allocation fir Munich"

We sent back 5,000 of a 20,000 allocation. :greengrin

A fair few of your fans believe it.

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I cant say ive ever seen a semi (unless against the huns) that Celtic have sold out thier allocation.

Look at the semi vs D Utd a couple of years ago!?

Sorry but it was agianst your biggest rivals, with a chance of getting to a final of a cup you've not won since Buffalo Bill was alive, against a team you had a chance of beating.

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 09:43 AM
A fair few of your fans believe it.

Your probably right, funnily enough its the once a season brigade who do though.
:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry but it was agianst your biggest rivals, with a chance of getting to a final of a cup you've not won since Buffalo Bill was alive, against a team you had a chance of beating.

No we didn’t - did you see the team we put out?!

That and the turnout at the semi final replay v Dunfermline were a poor show but it is the opposite of glory-hunting though so kind of defeats the purpose of this discussion. :greengrin

Still, when was the last time Celtic sold their allocation for a non-OF semi final?

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
No we didn’t - did you see the team we put out?!

That and the turnout at the semi final replay v Dunfermline were a poor show but it is the opposite of glory-hunting though so kind of defeats the purpose of this discussion. :greengrin

Still, when was the last time Celtic sold their allocation for a non-OF semi final?

Think it was the friday night 0-0 game with yourselves in 1995.

basehibby
03-12-2009, 10:22 AM
That is quite a statistic. Around 40% or so !

:agree: Absolutely - even if you only allowed Hibs 33% of the Edinburgh market we could be selling out Murrayfield every other week with that sort of local backing!

:top marksTo the residents of Dingwall for backing their local side in such numbers.

Andy74
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM

Yep, agree, no club is any better than any other in that regard. we all have die-hard fans. Some are just bigger than others but that's it.

Sylar
03-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Yep, agree, no club is any better than any other in that regard. we all have die-hard fans. Some are just bigger than others but that's it.

Surely it's less arduous being a "diehard" though, when your club are in the top level, doing well, visiting decent (by Scottish standards) stadia and watching an OK (compared to lower divisions) standard of football though?

Can you imagine how dedicated the followers of Montrose must be this year, sitting rock bottom of the 3rd division, being mauled regularly, yet still following them home and away? There are those who do this at EVERY club in Scotland, but to do so, knowing the liklihood of the game is another defeat, is stellar dedication in my book.

Fans of the lower league sides (particularly those in the distant reaches of Scotland) go to toilet stadiums, stand in the pishing rain (as the lower leagues don't always have covered facilities), watch pish football. I personally envy some of the lower league fans, as they can watch their football for what it is. A game, without the added baggage of money, politics, religion which utterly plagues the top level.

Hibercelona
03-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Celtc have the greatest fans in the world don't you know... :rolleyes:

On a serious note. I don't think any team has better supporters than other teams. How good a supporter is, has nothing to do with the team he/she supports.

All teams will have greats supporters and supporters that are just bang out of order. :agree:

Andy74
03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Surely it's less arduous being a "diehard" though, when your club are in the top level, doing well, visiting decent (by Scottish standards) stadia and watching an OK (compared to lower divisions) standard of football though?

Can you imagine how dedicated the followers of Montrose must be this year, sitting rock bottom of the 3rd division, being mauled regularly, yet still following them home and away? There are those who do this at EVERY club in Scotland, but to do so, knowing the liklihood of the game is another defeat, is stellar dedication in my book.

Fans of the lower league sides (particularly those in the distant reaches of Scotland) go to toilet stadiums, stand in the pishing rain (as the lower leagues don't always have covered facilities), watch pish football. I personally envy some of the lower league fans, as they can watch their football for what it is. A game, without the added baggage of money, politics, religion which utterly plagues the top level.

Nope, amkes no odds for me, we all should deserve credit where we follow our team, particulalry your local team.

Sure, some are bottom of the pile but then again they maybe don't have the anguish of failing against greater expectation.

There's also a lot to be said for watching football in old school conditions - lucky them.

I see your point but we all support our teams through good and bad and that is of course relative but no less real for everyone.

Phil MaGlass
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Aberdeen,took absolutely thousands to Germany a wee while back,considering the travelling they have to do,fill their away end quite regularly most times of the season,they will never get back to the days of cup winners cup finals and regularly winning the league and cups, so for me the fact that their support is still strong gives them the nod.

johnrebus
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
For obvious reasons I would say................,

Partick Thistle.

:agree:

lEXO
03-12-2009, 12:34 PM

I was gonnae say remember some of the crowds you got in the 80,s and part of the 90,s when you were pish Jack.But then i remembered the crowds you have had this season, and last nights crowd was pish for the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world.You use the huns signing of Laudrup, Gazza etc as an example to back up your loyalty.There have been huge gaps at Parkhead this season and parts of last.This would never have been the case when larsson,sutton, thompson etc were playing.Loyalty is about backing your club when things arent going well.
Sure our attendances fluctuate,but that has always been the case, including when we were going great in the late 60,s and 70,s.What we dont claim is to be the most loyal,faithfull,greatest etc.We leave that to you guys and the huns,as we appreciate that most football fans feel the same way about their teams as we do.I,m pretty sure you will take issue with my points, but to most non old firm fans you are both equally glory hunters.

hibee-shtuggie
03-12-2009, 12:35 PM

fair cop, i am not unaware of the fact that every club has glory hunters, just the way of it...no coincidence that attendances are rising at ER again. the situation in which you refer to was indeed a bleak time for celtic due to rangers dominance, so why the dwindling support now?? i mean 38000 against st mirren was it? the fact of the matter is that MOST old firm fans expect to win every game and they throw the dummy out the pram when they lose. whilst rangers were winning 9-in-arow celtic were still winning the majority of their games in the league didnt they. now there is a significant challenge from different areas and the support is dwindling.

lEXO
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
The supporters of any club who make sacrifices to go almost every week.Doesn,t matter what individual club they support,they are the people who keep football going, help create atmosphere at away games.
I look at some away support at ER and think that it,s crap.Then remind myself that at £20 odd a pop at least they are making an effort,which is more than i do for away games.

Antifa Hibs
03-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Aberdeen,took absolutely thousands to Germany a wee while back,considering the travelling they have to do,fill their away end quite regularly most times of the season,they will never get back to the days of cup winners cup finals and regularly winning the league and cups, so for me the fact that their support is still strong gives them the nod.

That old myth :yawn:

They take a good crowd to Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs. Dundee Utd is there closest game and big rival, so they should. They have a big central belt following and its a good trip to Scotlands glorious capital, hence the decent crowds to ER and Tynie. They had 500 at Motherwell last week and will have about the same at Celtic next week.

MacBean
03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
The Tartan Army!

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I was gonnae say remember some of the crowds you got in the 80,s and part of the 90,s when you were pish Jack.But then i remembered the crowds you have had this season, and last nights crowd was pish for the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world.You use the huns signing of Laudrup, Gazza etc as an example to back up your loyalty.There have been huge gaps at Parkhead this season and parts of last.This would never have been the case when larsson,sutton, thompson etc were playing.Loyalty is about backing your club when things arent going well.
Sure our attendances fluctuate,but that has always been the case, including when we were going great in the late 60,s and 70,s.What we dont claim is to be the most loyal,faithfull,greatest etc.We leave that to you guys and the huns,as we appreciate that most football fans feel the same way about their teams as we do.I,m pretty sure you will take issue with my points, but to most non old firm fans you are both equally glory hunters.

Last night's crowd for an essentially meaningless game was pretty good IMO and was still one of the biggest in Europe.

Also when we had teh players yopu mentioned, we got similar crowds in Europe for games versus Juenesse D'Esch, Suduva, MTK Hungaria and Kaunas.

Also this notion that we proclaim ourselves to be teh best fans in the world is anecdotal garbage for the most part - seriously where is thsi said?? Its sure as hell not on any messageboards.

You also mention our crowds in the 80's. Firstly, we were not pish then -w e won more tiltles in teh 80's than anyone else. The difference, between then and now is Season Tickets. Fans woudl pick and chioose their games as is pretty much the case now, although with 50,000 ST holders we have teh 2nd largest amount of those in Britain.

Not the gretaest fans, but still a pretty loyal bunch, who travel in numbers and back their team financially.

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
fair cop, i am not unaware of the fact that every club has glory hunters, just the way of it...no coincidence that attendances are rising at ER again. the situation in which you refer to was indeed a bleak time for celtic due to rangers dominance, so why the dwindling support now?? i mean 38000 against st mirren was it? the fact of the matter is that MOST old firm fans expect to win every game and they throw the dummy out the pram when they lose. whilst rangers were winning 9-in-arow celtic were still winning the majority of their games in the league didnt they. now there is a significant challenge from different areas and the support is dwindling.

1.) Cost
2.) Fans refusing to put their hard earned in expect to see this invetsed in the team, not on Lawwell's bonuses or purely to win teh imaginary "lowest Debt" cup.
3.) Awful football quality for close on 4 years now.

BTW I saw this coming 5 or 6 years ago.

JackRegan
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM

They take a good crowd to Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs. Dundee Utd is there closest game and big rival, so they should. They have a big central belt following and its a good trip to Scotlands glorious capital, hence the decent crowds to ER and Tynie. They had 500 at Motherwell last week and will have about the same at Celtic next week.

Correct. Aberdeen have sold out their own end about twice in the last 15 years.

Sudds_1
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM

disaffected sheep supporters maybe? :wink:

marinello59
03-12-2009, 01:25 PM

And every last one of them will be a whinging ******.

cheltenhamhibee
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
what about Burnley? they cant be far off!?
Burnley has a population of around 90,000 and average around 20,000 at home

Sean1875
03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Always had a great deal of respect for Partick Thistle fans, their ability to not go down the glory hunter route and follow one of the ugly sisters is incredbly admirable :agree:

Horse
03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I think Hibs fans are as loyal as any but I'm a wee bit biased so I'll have to mention Partick Thistle fans. In a city consumed by glory hunting and bigotry you have to take your hat of to people who have the intelligence to support a real football team. I had the misfortune of living in soap dodge city for a few years and used to drink in a wee thistle boozer fairly regularly. The thistle guys who drank there were a great bunch, full of friendly banter and you could tell they were real football guys and they all hated the OF with a passion! I also have good memories of invading the pitch a Firhill when we clinched the first division title there, I think we played Hamilton that day as they were using Firhill whilst they were temporarily homeless.

jgl07
03-12-2009, 07:12 PM

That's probably because a number of Caley and Thistle fans from Inverness became hacked off over the merger and defected to Ross County.

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM

The semi final against the Yams will always be a mystery. Either side of that match Hibs sold nearly 40,000 for a final against Livvie and 30,000 for a final against Killie.

That being the case 25,000 for a semi against the Yams should have been a skoosh given that it was as big a game as any final.

I cant help thinking that somewhere down the line Hibs made a mess of
selling their allocation which resulted in unsold tickets.

joe breezy
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I loved being a Partick Thistle fan when I was a boy, noisy support, crazy / funny songs, excitement at awaydays such as Airdrie and completely anti bigotry and anti fascist

So it's Thistle for me but it's a shame they haven't managed to progress the club more, they have a lot more dormant fans than will be able to fit into their 6000 capacity proposals

Mixu62
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I'll chuck in a vote for Raith. Glory days of Uefa Cup are behind them, been shafted by uselss chairmen over recent years (well-meaning but useless nonetheless) but rallied together to ensure their clubs survival, and still turn out in decent numbers for a team from an economically depressed town with good transport links. Must be tons of OF fans in Kirkcaldy so hats off to the guys who stick with the Rovers.

.Sean.
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Hearts.

All 400000 of them :faf:

therealgavmac
04-12-2009, 10:36 AM
I would say the true supporter is the one who lives breathes and ****s their team irrespective of what team it is.

I'm working at the moment 3000 miles (Give or take the odd 500 miles) from Easter Road and I love Hibs Like only a fan (that isn't a glory hunter) can understand. This makes me no more special than someone 2 miles from Easter Road and on the other hand does it make him more of a supporter because he can go to all the games and unfortunately I cannot.

I respect all genuine fans from all teams around the world and would say to each and everyone of you, God bless Edinburgh Hibernian Football Club and ALL WHO SUPPORT HER.

Next pint I have, i'll have it in the name of true supporters world wide.

My thoughts entirely - it pi$$es me off being labelled the glory hunter when through circumstance of a travelling job, location etc etc I'm labelled not a true Hibs fan when I've lived and breathed Hibs for over 40 years - and always will.

My love and passion for my club is as big as anybody's.

Glory Glory

Removed
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM

My thoughts entirely - it pi$$es me off being labelled the glory hunter when through circumstance of a travelling job, location etc etc I'm labelled not a true Hibs fan when I've lived and breathed Hibs for over 40 years - and always will.

My love and passion for my club is as big as anybody's.

Glory Glory

And when you can't get on the database :grr:

Andy74
04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
The semi final against the Yams will always be a mystery. Either side of that match Hibs sold nearly 40,000 for a final against Livvie and 30,000 for a final against Killie.

That being the case 25,000 for a semi against the Yams should have been a skoosh given that it was as big a game as any final.

I cant help thinking that somewhere down the line Hibs made a mess of
selling their allocation which resulted in unsold tickets.

They did, Hearts fans could buy as many as they wanted I believe meaning groups could attend together for a lot less hassle. We limited it to one or two per person I think.

The way we sold tickets also made it look worse, we had gaping holes behind the goals but some of the upper parts of the mains tand were packed whereas Hearts were virtually empty there, so it looked a lot worse.

Lets not also forget the reality that we were always on the cards for a pasting as we knew how decimated we were whilst Hearts had their stongest team in years (that they couldn't afford) and history shows that when a set of fans knows what's coming they stay away in greater numbers.

therealgavmac
04-12-2009, 01:22 PM
And when you can't get on the database :grr:

:wink::thumbsup: Thanks Billy!

Tinyclothes
04-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I don't think any fan in the UK can compete with a lot of foreign fans. Firworks getting set off at opposition fans, mopeds getting thrown from upper tiers, etc. We need some of that action.