PDA

View Full Version : Colin Stein's autobiography

Argylehibby
02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
As a former Hibby who went to the weeg would you consider getting Steins autobiography? I reckon it could be a "good read" but not sure I could cope with having a book in the collection with a rangers strip dominating the front cover!

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Was my idol back in the day, a great natural finisher who should have played at a higher level than the huns, remember I was gutted when he left

marinello59
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
As a former Hibby who went to the weeg would you consider getting Steins autobiography? I reckon it could be a "good read" but not sure I could cope with having a book in the collection with a rangers strip dominating the front cover!

I would get any football related book if I thought it was going to be a good read, regardless of what the cover was like.
However if it is a problem for you then how about making a tiny Hibs strip out of cardboard and glueing it over the hunnish attire. Or simply get one of Rankins old strips and glue that on.:agree:

O'Rourke3
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
The interview in the EN a couple of weeks back was a good un and clearly knowing it's the EN waxed lyrical about his time at Hibs but he did come over very well, sounds like it may be a decent read.

Still laughing at Brownlie megging him and sending him on his erse in the Drybourgh Cup Semi at ER though :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
A quality striker and was gutted when he left Easter Road. £100K was a healthy transfer fee in those days when you consider that 5 shillings (25 pence for the young uns on here) could get you into the ground, pay your bus fares and leave you change for fish and chips on the way home. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
I'll get it from the library. Maybees push the boat out and pick up a copy at a bootie.:coffee:

therealgavmac
02-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Absolutely I would - was a hero of mine even as a wee boy - somewhere in my "garage" I've got a pic of him from inside the old Commando comics signed (and Johns Brownlie and Blackley and Alex Cropley)

Bollix to the cover!

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
A quality striker and was gutted when he left Easter Road. £100K was a healthy transfer fee in those days when you consider that 5 shillings (25 pence for the young uns on here) could get you into the ground, pay your bus fares and leave you change for fish and chips on the way home. :agree:

...and a programme! :wink:

iwasthere1972
02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
...and a programme! :wink:

:doh: Of course. How else would we have known what the half times scores were. :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
The first £100K transfer between Scottish clubs.He always gave 100%.

johnrebus
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Was the first for me in a long line of let downs. And not all of these Hibs stars left for mega bucks either. Many others left or were pushed out the door before their time for other reasons.

Colin Stein
Joe McBride
Peter Marinello
Peter Cormack
Johnny Graham
Joe Baker
Johnny Hamilton
Iain Munro
Pat Stanton

amd on , and on , and on.

PS

Stein is and always was a Hun

Stuff his book

:wink:

heretoday
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Colin Stein eh? A great big clumsy centre forward of the old school.

Not a classic player but he scored 40 odd goals for Hibs.

Unfortunately he scored some against us - notably on a Christmas Eve last minute

winner as I recall.

Jonnyboy
02-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I was devastated when Stein left but ........

I got over it as soon as Joe McBride arrived :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Colin Stein eh? A great big clumsy centre forward of the old school.

Not a classic player but he scored 40 odd goals for Hibs.

Unfortunately he scored some against us - notably on a Christmas Eve last minute

winner as I recall.

was that his first game against us after signing for the currant buns by any chance ? i was only a young laddie but i seem to remember him scoring against us in his first game back at ER :boo hoo: a very good bowler after he hung up his boots i believe.

heretoday
02-12-2009, 11:45 PM
No it wasn't.

As I recall, Stein signed for Rangers midweek and proceeded to score a hat trick at Ibrox against Hibs.

Mcbride scored a couple for Hibs I think.

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2009, 11:49 PM
No it wasn't.

As I recall, Stein signed for Rangers midweek and proceeded to score a hat trick at Ibrox against Hibs.

Mcbride scored a couple for Hibs I think.

ok :greengrin but did he score against us on his first game back at ER playing for rangers ?

Green_one
03-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Sung more derogatory songs about that one player than any other.

Bitter I was.

I heard him on the radio and he seemed fine but I am not buying his book.

one hundred thousand down the drain :whistle:

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
no it wasn't.

As i recall, stein signed for rangers midweek and proceeded to score a hat trick at ibrox against hibs.

Mcbride scored a couple for hibs i think.

6-1 iirc

heretoday
03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Colin Colin Colin Stein

Biggest **** you've ever seen

100,000 down the drain

Better spent on Una McLean!