PDA

View Full Version : Can We Do Better Than 12,439 Hibs Fans This Weekend?

Hibees Reunited
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
There were 12,439 Hibs fans at the game against Falkirk. At the previous home game against Aberdeen the figure was 12,101.

Can we keep the upward spiral going?

We can make it happen by bringing back those lapsed Hibees.

Let's make it happen :thumbsup:

:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2009, 05:48 PM
There were 12,439 Hibs fans at the game against Falkirk. At the previous home game against Aberdeen the figure was 12,101.

I'll be back after my usual six day lapse.

TheBall'sRound
02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I'll be back after my usual six day lapse.

Part timer!

Actually Saturday is a pretty big game -
Last home game before Chrimbo
Might go (joint) top of the league depending on results
Motherwell still only beaten once all season (by us) and playing some decent stuff with young players
We will have close to a full team with Riordan on top form and Stokes due a goal
Makalamby a possible starter!
Zemmama potentially back to full fitness
Forecast is light rain but much milder than the last couple of days

There's really no excuse not to go! :greengrin

RIP
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Estimates

St Midden 11,800 - 1st game of season always a good crowd
St Johnstone Sep 10,200
Dundee Utd Oct 11,000
Killie Oct Following Week 10,500
Aberdeen End Oct 12,100
Falkirk End Nov 12,440 - Hibs Kids game

Marty-Hibee
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Ill be there! Only been to a couple of games this season, really looking forward to it:thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
I will be there as usual. Hoping for nearer 14,000 in total but I can see Motherwell having only a token support as normal and that does nothing for the atmosphere.:zzzzz!:

HibbyAndy
02-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Me and my nephew will be there :agree:

Mikey
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I've got two extra going this weekend.

C'mon folks, let's get those phone calls, texts and e-mails off to the lapsed Hibees you know :thumbsup:

Storar
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm going, first trip to Easter Road in a very, very long time.

**** working on a saturday :notworthy:

3pm
02-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I've got two extra going this weekend.

C'mon folks, let's get those phone calls, texts and e-mails off to the lapsed Hibees you know :thumbsup:

Does the club offer discounts to entice 'stay away' punters back?

hibbie02
02-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Never mind that, how many days to go till the match???:greengrin

Mikey
02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Does the club offer discounts to entice 'stay away' punters back?

Nope. Why would they do that?

Danderhall Hibs
02-12-2009, 11:05 PM

At the risk of stating the obvious - to get more folk through the gate? So they could see what they're missing (or not).

Glorious
02-12-2009, 11:16 PM
First game of the season for me - usually running poker on Saturday afternoons but I'm going to spend my money wisely this Saturday :wink:

3pm
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM

As Danderhall says...:agree:

You chaps all seem to be - admirably - busting a gut to promote this yet it was still 22 quid to get into the terracing on Saturday! Is the club as keen? Is it still just about cash for Rod and co?

Gatecrasher
02-12-2009, 11:25 PM

You chaps all seem to be - admirably - busting a gut to promote this yet it was still 22 quid to get into the terracing on Saturday! Is the club as keen? Is it still just about cash for Rod and co?

The club haven't got anything to do with this, it's a fans run thing

matty_f
03-12-2009, 12:12 AM

Essentially, it is about cash for Yogi. January window is coming up, most of our competitors aren't in a position to spend on strengthening their squads. Some extra money in Hibs' coffers could go a long way to securing a very good season.

marinello59
03-12-2009, 08:32 AM

As a famous Hibs supporter once said, "And so my fellow Hibernians, ask not what your club can do for you ; ask what you can do for your club." :greengrin

The club did discount Season ticket prices this season, two extra sold in our household.:thumbsup: That does make it difficult to cut walk up prices otherwise where is the incentive to buy a season ticket?
Hibees Reunited is about what the fans can do..............cajole and encourage others to come along. And hopefully it will make a real difference to the club coffers.:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
03-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Hibees Reunited is about what the fans can do..............cajole and encourage others to come along. And hopefully it will make a real difference to the club coffers.:thumbsup:

How many more people do you think the Club need to get through the gate to make a real difference?

It’s a hard one this – I don’t know how you encourage folk to come back. Based on Saturday’s attendance it looks like posting threads on message boards doesn’t really work.

I was saying to a mate the other day - Hibs fans seem to need an incentive to go - remember the attendance v Dundee United when you were “guaranteed” a semi final ticket?. It’s a mentality thing that I don’t think threads on here and the bounce will change anytime soon.

I hope this doesn’t sound critical of the people who thought this idea up but I do think it’s going to take more to get folk to go back. Maybe when we start playing good football it’ll help – it worked for Mowbray.

matty_f
03-12-2009, 09:57 AM
How many more people do you think the Club need to get through the gate to make a real difference?

It’s a hard one this – I don’t know how you encourage folk to come back. Based on Saturday’s attendance it looks like posting threads on message boards doesn’t really work.

I was saying to a mate the other day - Hibs fans seem to need an incentive to go - remember the attendance v Dundee United when you were “guaranteed” a semi final ticket?. It’s a mentality thing that I don’t think threads on here and the bounce will change anytime soon.

I hope this doesn’t sound critical of the people who thought this idea up but I do think it’s going to take more to get folk to go back. Maybe when we start playing good football it’ll help – it worked for Mowbray.

It needs folk to get off their collective ***** and go to the game!:greengrin

You are right, though - there's limited impact in having forum-based campaigns, however Hibees Reunited had presence in the EEN, as well as facebook and the official site - I'd imagine there's not a huge amount more you can do without starting to throw money at it.

The problem is (IMHO), folk are happy to wait until someone else does something - like give an incentive for going. The whole point of the campaign though, is to back Yogi by bringing extra punters through the gates and with them extra revenue for him to spend (potentially) in January.

A full house also helps the atmosphere, again this is something folk complain about almost weekly yet there are very few people doing anything about it.

IMHO, Hibees Reunited aimed to encourage people to take a bit of responsibility for the club and its success/progress. We all know Hibs operate on a tight budget, and the ONLY way that we'll ever see more getting spent on players is to generate more income from the support. Some people don't like that, but IMHO, that's the reality we're faced with.

Houchy
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM

You chaps all seem to be - admirably - busting a gut to promote this yet it was still 22 quid to get into the terracing on Saturday! Is the club as keen? Is it still just about cash for Rod and co?[QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Euphoria1875;2261903]The club haven't got anything to do with this, it's a fans run thing:agree:

Plus, 3pm, if Rod wasn't concerned about the cash, do you think we'd be sitting 2nd top of the league? If people want to go and see football but don't want to spend £22, they'd need to start watching lower league football.

The other option is that Rod drops the price to say £18 and we battle it out for a top 6 place. What would you rather go watch?

Either that, if you can go every week, buy a season ticket to reduce the average cost of a game. If you can't make every week, split the cost with a friend and take game about (technically against season ticket policy but unpoliceable*)

*If that's a word:greengrin

Hibees Reunited
03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Hibees Reunited isn't about cheaper tickets or gimmicks to entice fans back.

It's about those who go to most of the games getting a hold of their mates who have stopped going and getting them back. Higher attendances are the key to an upward spiral and what's on show now is a lot better than we've had in previous seasons.

That means us, the fans, taking responsibility for ourselves and doing something about it.

Keith_M
03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
To anyone who thinks this is a waste of time:

Firstly, the success surely can't be judged on one game, but is something that needs done over time. The fact that so many have said on other threads that they've already talked people into going that might not hav otherwise is already success. Keep doing this and there'll be a gradual increase in attendance.

The attendance wasn't as much on Saturday as I thought it might be but there are probably good reasons for that. The weather was REALLY cold, so you can't blame some people for staying at home, especially the elderly and those with kids.

basehibby
03-12-2009, 11:38 AM

I would hope that the Hibees re-united scheme is an ongoing project and will continue to go from strength to strength. For my part I took my daughter and her pal along for last saturday's Hibs Kids game and have a couple of more senior lapsed Hibbies in my sights for this weekend.

This scheme will work the best if pumelled away at over a prolonged period and hopefully that's what will happen - in an ideal world the returnees will be blown away by the exquisite football on display and will need no persuasion to come back the next again week. In reality they might need a bit of cajolling until they get back into the old habits. Either way it's an excellent initiative - let's keep it up!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Cropley10
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Hibees Reunited isn't about cheaper tickets or gimmicks to entice fans back.

It's about those who go to most of the games getting a hold of their mates who have stopped going and getting them back. Higher attendances are the key to an upward spiral and what's on show now is a lot better than we've had in previous seasons.

That means us, the fans, taking responsibility for ourselves and doing something about it.

I agree it's a good idea. It will work. But it won't work overnight.

I hope that the initiative isn't restricted to this forum and the Bounce as these don't represent the whole of our fan base by any stretch.

Dashing Bob S
03-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Might be a good crowd, as M'well are a decent side, and might actually let us play some football.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I agree it's a good idea. It will work. But it won't work overnight.

I hope that the initiative isn't restricted to this forum and the Bounce as these don't represent the whole of our fan base by any stretch.

You are right it needs to be a joined up approach and thats why the Bounce and Supporters Association are involved in this. We've come a fair way in a short space of time and managed to get folks on board but IMO I dont see this being restricted, on the contrary we need as many groups as possible.

But at the end of the day its about the individual fans and what can be achieved through us.

Times are tough so its not going to be easy but hopefully worth the effort :thumbsup::notworthy:

HibbyAndy
03-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm going, first trip to Easter Road in a very, very long time.

**** working on a saturday :notworthy:

You going for a pint pre-match Storar?

down-the-slope
03-12-2009, 07:03 PM
The big measure will be number of 1/2 seasons sold :agree: great value and gets you into Gers and Hearts over festive period.....

The campaign should be.....Santa Socks £8......Ill fitting jumper £25.....Un-wanted after shave £32......

HIBS 1/2 Season Priceless

You know it makes sense

Leith Green
03-12-2009, 07:19 PM

Have to say that I think the crowd on Saturday will be much the same as the crowd against Falkirk maybe slightly less. Dont think we will see larger home crowds until the half season tickets are valid, not only will the half season tickets add to the gate, but they also encourage people to pre book tickets etc as it becomes harder to guarentee seats next to mates etc..
I'm pretty sure that our crowds will rise significantly after xmas and then again in the summer, thats how it happened when Mowbray came, some people are less easier convinced than others, but when they realise they may toil to get tickets for derbys and rantic games they tend to find the cash to get a season book...

lyonhibs
03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I won't be there owing to the fact I'll be up North on a day trip with a couple of starry eyed Yanks on their first trip to Scotland.

I couldn't justifiably take them along as they know hee-haw about proper football, and in the cold light of day there are more cost-effective ways to spend £22 if you're a visiting tourist with no real interest in football.

As previously mentioned, I think we'll see a 800-1000 rise in our home attendance as soon as the Half ST's become valid

GreenCastle
04-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Think it may be around the same - I posted here after the game last week that it's not just the numbers we need to improve on it's the atmosphere also!

Let's hope it's a good game and we get behind the team from the start :agree:

:notworthy::notworthy:

1875 NO 1
04-12-2009, 12:43 PM

Their job is to get customers along.........like any other business. They do nothing to promote games or encourage floating supporters to come to games.

The last bit of "PR" I saw from them is buy your ticket in advance and save 50p............awsome.

They could have tried come along to the Falkirk and Motherwell game and you are first priority for a ticket for the sucmbos game.

For me they are doing nothing and leaving it to a few fans on a web site. That wont get punters along. Mogga proved it.........entertaining fiba backed up by excellent marketing by Colin McNiell

Danderhall Hibs
04-12-2009, 12:53 PM
The last bit of "PR" I saw from them is buy your ticket in advance and save 50p............awsome.

This is genius. Not only do you save 50p on your ticket, you get to pay a booking fee of £1.50.

So in effect if you book in advance you pay an extra £1.

Antifa Hibs
04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Their job is to get customers along.........like any other business. They do nothing to promote games or encourage floating supporters to come to games.

They could have tried come along to the Falkirk and Motherwell game and you are first priority for a ticket for the sucmbos game.

For me they are doing nothing and leaving it to a few fans on a web site. That wont get punters along. Mogga proved it.........entertaining fiba backed up by excellent marketing by Colin McNiell

It's a tricky one this. I don't like to see Hibs as a business, its a football club for me, so IMO fans should get off their erses and go and support the team/club. But Hibs and other clubs can't stop battering it into us that they are a business, that they need to maximise revenue, how important the support is etc etc, so aye, you could say they should be doing more to entice their 'customers' back.

HibbyAndy
04-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Ive been on the phone to that 0845 number trying to purchase a ticket but keep getting told its to busy, i bet you that number is costing me a fortune! ill give it one last go in 15 minutes then ill stop phoning, so there you go Hibs, youve lost out..dont see why the hell i cant just walk up to the turnstyle in the East on saturday and pay at the gate!..its no gonna be a sellout FFS:bitchy::bitchy:

Antifa Hibs
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Ive been on the phone to that 0845 number trying to purchase a ticket but keep getting told its to busy, i bet you that number is costing me a fortune! ill give it one last go in 15 minutes then ill stop phoning, so there you go Hibs, youve lost out..dont see why the hell i cant just walk up to the turnstyle in the East on saturday and pay at the gate!..its no gonna be a sellout FFS:bitchy::bitchy:

You can :confused:

And as i've said a hunner times before, I don't know why people still bother with that 0845 rubbish. 661 1875 takes you straight to the TO everytime.

GreenCastle
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Can you not buy tickets before the game from the ticket office :confused:

I agree the club need to still do more to get people back - it's great people have taken the initiative but surely there are people in the club getting paid a wage to improve the advertising and get the customers back in the stadium.

Last season was a joke on the pitch - at least this season they can entice people in with the we are 3rd in the league line or use the higher profile players we have now to show they are interested in us doing well.

PaulSmith
04-12-2009, 01:20 PM

And as i've said a hunner times before, I don't know why people still bother with that 0845 rubbish. 661 1875 takes you straight to the TO everytime.

I don't know why people don't use the online function, takes less than 2 mins and you don't need to talk to anyone or wait. Simple?

matty_f
04-12-2009, 01:40 PM
It's a tricky one this. I don't like to see Hibs as a business, its a football club for me, so IMO fans should get off their erses and go and support the team/club. But Hibs and other clubs can't stop battering it into us that they are a business, that they need to maximise revenue, how important the support is etc etc, so aye, you could say they should be doing more to entice their 'customers' back.

I agree, I don't see Hibs as a business either, and I don't consider myself a customer. I'm a supporter.

I understand that there's a business behind the club, but first and foremost Hibs is a football club - not in the entertainment business, but a sports club.

I was lucky enough (:greengrin) to be brought up a Hibs fan, and really it would take some fairly significant turn of events to happen to ever change the fact that I'm a Hibs fan.

I genuinely try and put as much money as I can the club's way - be it from buying a season ticket, strips, or stuff for the kids. I know where all that money is going and ultimately it's to improve the football club.

HibbyAndy
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM

:aok:

Phoned that number and got threw nae bother:greengrin

Yip, cash gate tomorrow and i can pick up a ticket for the Hearts game at the TO also, cause am on the database :devil::greengrin

banchoryhibs
04-12-2009, 08:33 PM

I wish I'd remembered of that:grr: The 0845 number was infuriating BUT 4 tickets bought - none of us were there last week that that's 4 extra for this week:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PaulSmith
04-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Looking at the online booking section again it would appear that we have sold more tickets now than at the same stage last week.

I'm going for 13000 Hibs fans in a 14000 crowd.

sahib
04-12-2009, 10:33 PM

I am the same with Marks and Spence. I like to see them as the place I keep underwear I haven't worn yet.

Onceinawhile
05-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I've decided I'm going. I can't afford it to be honest, but I'm going anyway.:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Wonder if the club learned anything from this...

And of the folks that did entice someone back - big respect

Now we find ourselves with a bigger mountain to climb...

I think it shows you've gotta make hay whilst the sun shines but also work hard to keep those you attract over to you Rod et al

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2011, 10:55 AM

I agree with this and I think Hibs and other clubs keep shooting themselves in the foot, particularly with the new generation of fans brought up with this nonsense.

If people are schooled into believing that Hibs are a business selling a product, then if the product is Otto Von Trapp, as it currently is, we can't blame them for buying a Barca/Man U/current-team-on-telly-loads replica top and a Sky subscription and enjoying, albeit by digital proxy, the delights of a superior one.

We're an Edinburgh international club with a proud Irish heritage, unfortunately stuck in the footballing backwater of Scotland.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I agree with this and I think Hibs and other clubs keep shooting themselves in the foot, particularly with the new generation of fans brought up with this nonsense.

If people are schooled into believing that Hibs are a business selling a product, then if the product is Otto Von Trapp, as it currently is, we can't blame them for buying a Barca/Man U/current-team-on-telly-loads replica top and a Sky subscription and enjoying, albeit by digital proxy, the delights of a superior one.

We're an Edinburgh international club with a proud Irish heritage, unfortunately stuck in the footballing backwater of Scotland.
But did we not miss the boat on the tasty alternative or is it something that relatively debt free clubs with over 20k capacity in picturesque cities get invited ?

The_Famous_HFC
12-09-2011, 02:48 PM

Your post is correct but this last comment threw me a bit. What does the location, (never mind heritage!) have to do with the current downward spiral attendances?

Andy74
12-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Wonder if the club learned anything from this...

And of the folks that did entice someone back - big respect

Now we find ourselves with a bigger mountain to climb...

I think it shows you've gotta make hay whilst the sun shines but also work hard to keep those you attract over to you Rod et al

I think it shows it's all about results and entertainment. Prices, initiatives, gimmicks, none of it matters if we have to watch rubbish, and rubbish that isn't getting results.

greenlex
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
I think it shows it's all about results and entertainment. Prices, initiatives, gimmicks, none of it matters if we have to watch rubbish, and rubbish that isn't getting results.
About the size of it Andy. All the talk of flair football, the boring SPL, backward steo to a ten team league etc is all secondary to winning. It wouldnt matter who how or where we were playing if we were winning fans would come.

snooky
12-09-2011, 06:16 PM
[Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S

We're an Edinburgh international club with a proud Irish heritage, unfortunately stuck in the footballing backwater of Scotland.]

Your post is correct but this last comment threw me a bit. What does the location, (never mind heritage!) have to do with the current downward spiral attendances?

Correctamundo :agree:
A business, when it suits them,
and the "Hibernian family", when it suits them.

BTW, IMO, most of the fans haven't gone - they're just waiting in the bushes for something positive to happen.

Septimus
13-09-2011, 07:40 AM
All the teams in a league can't be winning all the time. It would be pleasant however just to win from time to time.....or even loose while actually playing football.

Dashing Bob S
13-09-2011, 09:23 AM

Absolutely nothing at all. I just came over a little light-headed and decided to wax lyrical.

--------
13-09-2011, 10:14 AM
[Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S

We're an Edinburgh international club with a proud Irish heritage, unfortunately stuck in the footballing backwater of Scotland.]

Correctamundo :agree:

A business, when it suits them, and the "Hibernian family", when it suits them.

BTW, IMO, most of the fans haven't gone - they're just waiting in the bushes for something positive to happen.

Yup. Hibs are my football team, always have been, always will be. But if STF and RP think I'm going to part with £22 plus extras to watch the rubbish they're serving up at the present moment, they're more cynical (and stupid) than even I think they are.

Run Hibs as a football club and not like a Kwik-Fit branch, and I'll be back. Not until.

The short answer to the question in the thread title? Not a snowball's chance in the hottest place you can think of.

lucky
13-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Hibs as a club appear to be dying a slow death in a dreadful SPL. Scottish football needs to be radical if its going to stop the slide. We need to take a few steps back before we can go forward. The league should be around 18 teams playing home and away. games should be 3pm on a saturday or a set time on a sunday published at the start of the season. Ticket prices should be £10/£15 for an adult and kids, OAPs, Unemployed all £5. They food outlets should be scrapped in their present format, something like Greggs brought in cheap and cheerful. Safe standing should be allowed. The whole match day should be about fans having a day out watching their team.

DaveF
13-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Hibs as a club appear to be dying a slow death in a dreadful SPL. Scottish football needs to be radical if its going to stop the slide. We need to take a few steps back before we can go forward. The league should be around 18 teams playing home and away. games should be 3pm on a saturday or a set time on a sunday published at the start of the season. Ticket prices should be £10/£15 for an adult and kids, OAPs, Unemployed all £5. They food outlets should be scrapped in their present format, something like Greggs brought in cheap and cheerful. Safe standing should be allowed. The whole match day should be about fans having a day out watching their team.

lucky for chariman :agree:

--------
13-09-2011, 11:16 AM

:top marks

Sounds great, lucky, but I'm afraid it'll never catch on.

Far too sensible for the money-men and the blazers - and how do we get the OF onside? :rolleyes:

bawheid
13-09-2011, 11:23 AM

Yep, this is what needs to be done.

Problem is that Scottish football is entrenched in it's current situation. Clubs think that they need more and more money, so bend over and take it from whoever throws an extra couple of grand their way. Ticket prices go up, dreadful marketing campaigns are launched, we're all told to turn up or else things will get worse.

Why do we need the money? Well, to pay for Garry O'Connor's recreational drug habit of course! Or to make sure Victor Palsson has enough cash to piss up town.

Stuff it. Get rid of O'Connor, Palsson and the rest of them and pay the kids peanuts. Anyone bringing the name of the club into disrepute gets sacked, no questions asked. Drop prices to an affordable level and market what the club are doing (promoting youth, a cheaper matchday experience). The fans would identify with this approach and come back IMO.

The rest of the SPL would need to do the same.

Kaiser1962
13-09-2011, 03:21 PM

If that was the case than Dundee United's crowds should be going up and their income rising accordingly but it's not. They are, despite the high finishes and the cup win, losing supporters and money.

Celtic have lost around 10k supporters in the last couple of seasons and Rangers, despite back to back titles have also lost about 4k supporters. Income is dropping accordingly and half the SPL clubs were late with their HMRC payments.

While I regard myself as a supporter, and not a customer, in the absence of someone picking up the tab we need to be run as a business, along sound business lines as, IMHO, it would be foolish to do otherwise.

The Falcon
14-09-2011, 08:03 AM
If that was the case than Dundee United's crowds should be going up and their income rising accordingly but it's not. They are, despite the high finishes and the cup win, losing supporters and money.

Celtic have lost around 10k supporters in the last couple of seasons and Rangers, despite back to back titles have also lost about 4k supporters. Income is dropping accordingly and half the SPL clubs were late with their HMRC payments.

While I regard myself as a supporter, and not a customer, in the absence of someone picking up the tab we need to be run as a business, along sound business lines as, IMHO, it would be foolish to do otherwise.

:top marks

Andy74
14-09-2011, 04:16 PM

Of course we need to run the club along sound business lines, I've argued that more than anyone on here for years. I don't know what that has to do with my point.

Yes crowds are down across the board due to a number of factors but Hibs losss of punters through the gate has been more dramatic than anyone and it is based on how terrible we've been, you can't get away from that.

Yes the little initiatives and ideas tinker around the edges and price might be a factor for a few but winning football games and also providing some decent entertainment are the single biggest factors.

For the past couple of years we'd been edging cloer to Hearts average, getting to the stage there was probably less than 2,000 in it and in fact our biggest crowds were bigger than what they could achieve when the new stand went up.

I'd bet there is going to be way more than 2,000 in it this year.

Kaiser1962
14-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Of course we need to run the club along sound business lines, I've argued that more than anyone on here for years. I don't know what that has to do with my point.

Your point contained the phrase "it was all about results", which I highlighted. I was pointing out that the evidence does not bear this out. That was all. Not having a go.

HibsMax
14-09-2011, 07:12 PM

Hmph! I'll give you a tie! :D