PDA

View Full Version : Stanton and Reilly signing Ted Brack's book

Hibs_of_Midlothian
02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Saturday, 5 December 2009.

Special book signing event in the Club shop between 11 and 12.

Pat Stanton and Lawrie Reilly will join author Ted Brack to sign copies of "There is a Bonny Fitba Team"

Now there's an idea for a Christmas Gift!!!!!!

Craig_in_Prague
03-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Read this book recently, really enjoyed it!

I enjoyed the beginning to mid part of the book (covering many seasons that was before my time), a well written book and definitely a good read.

Marabou Stork
03-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Ace. That's my old man's Christmas present sorted.

Do you know if you've got to buy a copy of the book in the shop, or if you can take your own copy along?

basehibby
03-12-2009, 10:20 AM
I'd recommend this book to any Hibby - a well paced and very enjoyable read, it's written from a supporters point of view and so gives a great insight into the real goings on at the club from the late fifties on, along with the resultant highs and lows experienced by the support that you wouldn't get from a more official history.

I would be taking my copy along to get it autographed by the author along with two Hibees legends but it's my birthday weekend and I'd only get bladdered and lose it - but the rest of you won't have that excuse - so get along there and grab a copy - you won't regret it. :top marks

deek
03-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Bugger, I am out of the country just now and have that book with me here. Good read as well, would recommend it to anyone. Also bought a copy for my Dad for his Christmas online and I have been told it has been delivered too so another one that can't get signed.

Bayern Bru
03-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Bugger, I am out of the country just now and have that book with me here. Good read as well, would recommend it to anyone. Also bought a copy for my Dad for his Christmas online and I have been told it has been delivered too so another one that can't get signed.

PM someone and ask them nicely to do the honours for you? I'm sure there'd be a few people willing to do it :agree:

deek
03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
PM someone and ask them nicely to do the honours for you? I'm sure there'd be a few people willing to do it :agree:

Thanks for the idea but I don't know anyone on the board that I could PM. Plus I would have to get one of the books to them to be signed. If the book was being sold at the shop I might be able to get someone to get me copies and have them signed. Not much time to get that organised from here unfortunately.

Once again thanks for the idea. :thumbsup:

Hibs_of_Midlothian
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Good News Deek

The shop are getting a special delivery.

Loadsa copies.

Bayern Bru
03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the idea but I don't know anyone on the board that I could PM. Plus I would have to get one of the books to them to be signed. If the book was being sold at the shop I might be able to get someone to get me copies and have them signed. Not much time to get that organised from here unfortunately.

Once again thanks for the idea. :thumbsup:

No worries. The part I've put in bold was my thinking, but as you say, time's a factor.
I'm sure you'll get your signed copies though - Lawrie and Pat are nearly always in hospitality in the west stand at home games so you could have a wee day out in hospitality etc. and bring the books along. :greengrin

hfc rd
03-12-2009, 05:03 PM
A brilliant book. Just finished it and maybe considering reading it again. A must buy for the Hibees out there that don't have a copy.